Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 06:39 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday
After reading all of the posts on yesterdays ? I am glad to see I am not the only one who spends lots of time here
It is a nice breezy 70 this morning in NEFL they say it will get really breezy 25 mph winds later today
As you long timers know I stay pretty much on the same theme when asking questions.
I though it would be fun to do something different and go "unrelated" in

Today's Random Questions :

Random ? # 1
After reading yesterdays posts did it inspire you to check out a C-D forum that you have never visited,maybe because you didn't know until then that it existed ?

Random ? # 2
Do you have a formal diningroom table?
If so, do you use it and what is on it right now ?

Random ? # 3
How will you fill in the blanks

I wish I could ________ as well as _______ can.

Today in History:
September 23, 1911 Earl Ovington becomes 1st air mail pilot
September 23, 1930 - Flashbulbs were patented by Johannes Ostermeier of Athegnenber, Germany. You popped the bulb into the socket in front of a silver reflector dish. The bulb would get all crinkly looking and milky white in color after it was used (you could only use it once). Then the bulbs were replaced by flash cubes and now, the automatic flash is built into the camera. So easy to use ... but not half as much fun.
September 23, 1969 1st broadcast of "Marcus Welby MD" on ABC-TV - Who remembers when Dr's actually made house calls !!!

Word of the Day:
scion
\SY-uhn\, noun:
1. A detached shoot or twig of a plant used for grafting.
2. Hence, a descendant; an heir.

Today is :
National White Chocolate Day
it is also
National Checkers Day
and
Jetsons' Day (show debuted 1962)
don't forget
Airmail Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 06:45 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
I stil have to answer yesterdays question
but let me get this one done first

[b]Today's Random Questions :

Random ? # 1
After reading yesterdays posts did it inspire you to check out a C-D forum that you have never visited,maybe because you didn't know until then that it existed ?

Yes I actually popped into a few lol which is maybe why I forgot to answer the ? 0' the day

Random ? # 2
If so do you use it as and what is on it right now ?

We have a formal diningroom but I don't think we have ever eaten there in the almost 7 years we have been in the house.
Right now there is a vase with silk flowers and wait lol let me go look ok there is a measuring tape, a package of monitor wipes ( hubby will fix his computers there) and the stick thingy that you use to open and close the blinds it came off last time I used it and I haven't fixed it yet.
Last week we had a kitchen cabinet drawer on the table it is a friends that hubby was seeing if he could fix he couldn't so it went away

Random ? # 3

I wish I could type as well as my hubby can.

Last edited by FLPL75; 09-23-2008 at 06:46 AM.. Reason: lol see the fill in the blanks

Old 09-23-2008, 06:51 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
Nope!

Old 09-23-2008, 06:53 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,901 times

Random ? # 1

No, unfortunately not. Haven't had enough time to check out more threads than usual.

Random ? # 2

Yes, we have a formal diningroom table and use it every time we have guests for dinner (not formal but casually when my cousins are over or friends etc). I have a peach colored table cloth, a russet brown cloth down the middle with golden leaves imprinted and a square plate with several candles on it.

Random ? # 3

I wish I could read people as well as my mom can. I often don't recognize how stupid some people can be

Old 09-23-2008, 07:03 AM

18,217 posts, read 25,861,807 times
I've gotten into community chat more and more lately to start the morning. Never read it initially, but I enjoy the different subjects. What's on my dining room table? 3 days of dirty dishes and all of this month's "window mail". Guess I better get busy! National "Jetsons" day-YES!! Loved it when it came out-still do! My favorite character is the dog "Astro". AND--- I wish I could work on my broken down heap of a truck as well as my next door neighbor can! Have a super day everyone!

Old 09-23-2008, 07:18 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
National Checkers Day!?!?!!!???!!!!!

My kitty, Checkers, will be happy to hear it. I'll have to give him extra treats when I get home.

I keep my dining room table set, so that I don't use it as a catchall. I've got 10 sets of dishes , mostly Ohio-made dinnerware from the 40s and 50s, and like to mix and match and play with them on the table.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:30 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,539,736 times
Random ? # 1
After reading yesterdays posts did it inspire you to check out a C-D forum that you have never visited,maybe because you didn't know until then that it existed ? No, I've been in just about all of them anyway....you might say, I get around.
Random ? # 2
Do you have a formal diningroom table? Why yes I do.If so, do you use it and what is on it right now ? My formal PJ's that I just took out of the dryer this morning.
Random ? # 3

I wish I could __sew______ as well as __my sister_____ can.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:47 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times
1) No, I did not check out any other forums which I hadn't previously. I've pretty much looked around C-D and looked at everything I would even remotely be interested in.

2) Yes, we have a formal dining room table, and we have both the "leaves" in it so that it seats 9 or 10. It has 3 small Fall arrangements of silk flowers on it with 2 Fall Angel decorations on a long runner going down the middle of it...
'Nuff description? Yes, we do use it semi-frequently because we have hosted different groups from our church and we also hang with a group of friends that total about 8 or so of us, and sometimes they come over and eat. (informally, though! We'll be sitting in this formal dining room eatin' barbeque off of paper plates if you get my drift...)

3) I wish I could play the viola as well as my husband.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:51 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Today's Random Questions :

Random ? # 1
No.
Random ? # 2
Do you have a formal diningroom table? Yes.
If so, do you use it and what is on it right now? Use it sometimes.
It is right in front of our sliding glass door, so it gets used for sunning flowers more than anything else.

Random ? # 3

I wish I could stick to my diet as well as Laceyex does. She is an inspiration.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:52 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
[quote=Karla with a K;5384204]Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday
After reading all of the posts on yesterdays ? I am glad to see I am not the only one who spends lots of time here
It is a nice breezy 70 this morning in NEFL they say it will get really breezy 25 mph winds later today
As you long timers know I stay pretty much on the same theme when asking questions.
I though it would be fun to do something different and go "unrelated" in

[b]Today's Random Questions :

Random ? # 1

Random ? # 2

Random ? # 3

Okay, lets see if I could jumble this up.
No, I really didnt check out another section of this forum because I already cruise several at random anyway....though my not reply in many, but its interessting.
Yes we have a formal dining table but the only thing on it is a checkbook and an empty bag from Stater Bros. (at least, right now).
"I wish I could see as good as someone with 20/20 vision can"
Good morning everyone!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics