Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 10:02 AM

54,503 posts, read 33,926,864 times

Advertisements

Woofie dropped in to wish you all a cool autumn.
Wofie needs to stop in Phoenix around 2:00 pm today.. 100 degrees is the expected high.. but no humidity. That's.. cool.. compared to the few days of 110-115 degrees couple of months ago.. Mornings and evenings are cool.

Today's Question(s):
Is there anything you loaned out and got back in better condition, orhave you loaned anything and regretted it, and if so, can you say what and/or why? - I don't know about the condition... but I've loaned money and never got it back...

Foodie Question(s):
I'll skip the sugary stuff..

Just for fun:
Imaginary pie for any examples. Besides me do you know anyone who can't take a hint? - The kind of pie I can't have, unless it doesn't have any sugars in it..

Today's Proverbial Quote:
"Neither a borrower nor a lender be." - I agree.

Zazzit for now!
Thanks BJH, have a good Thursday everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 10:13 AM

3,094 posts, read 1,699,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Woofie dropped in to wish you all a cool autumn.

Today's Question(s):
Is there anything you loaned out and got back in better condition, or
have you loaned anything and regretted it, and if so, can you say what and/or why? I loaned my vacuum cleaner to an idiot in the upstairs unit that sucked up a lot of stuff that she shouldn't have, and it never ran right since. It was a lesson learned. I never loan stuff since, not even music cds (and I was asked numerous times to loan.... go buy your own, is what I'd think).

Have you regretted borrowing anything, and if so, what and/or why? I don't do it. Can't think of anything I borrowed.

Foodie Question(s):
If someone handed you a slice of cream pie or custard pie and you didn't know the flavor,
what flavor would you hope for if the slice was for instance: Lemon sourcream like the one at Shari's (yum!).

Yellow, would you hope for banana, lemon, pineapple, or another flavor?

What flavor(s) might you hope for in a slice of pie that was:
-Red/Pink - strawberry, cherry or other? Raspberry
-Brown - chocolate, caramel, maple or other?
-Green - mint or lime or other? Key lime
-White - vanilla, coconut or other?
-Orange - pumpkin, orange or other?
-Blue/Purple - blueberry, raspberry, other?

Just for fun:
Imaginary pie for any examples. Besides me do you know anyone who can't take a hint? Mango-flavored cream pie???

Today's Proverbial Quote:
"Neither a borrower nor a lender be."

Zazzit for now!
Now I want some pie, dang it!

Old 09-27-2018, 12:01 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,289 posts, read 30,524,293 times
Today's Question(s):
Is there anything you loaned out and got back in better condition, or
have you loaned anything and regretted it, and if so, can you say what and/or why?
A movie DVD that I had a feeling i wouldn't see again when loaning it out. I didn't.
Later learned it was sold to a used book store along with borrower's books and movies.
Have you regretted borrowing anything, and if so, what and/or why?
I don't borrow often and can't think of anything.

Foodie Question(s):
If someone handed you a slice of cream pie or custard pie and you didn't know the flavor,
what flavor would you hope for if the slice was for instance:

Yellow, would you hope for banana, lemon, pineapple, or another flavor? Banana first, lemon second.

-Red/Pink - strawberry, cherry or other? Cherry
-Brown - chocolate, caramel, maple or other? Any of those, but chocolate the favorite.
-Green - mint or lime or other? Mint
-White - vanilla, coconut or other? Coconut
-Orange - pumpkin, orange or other? Orange (goes well with chocolate btw)
-Blue/Purple - blueberry, raspberry, other? Blueberry

Just for fun:
Imaginary pie for any examples. Besides me do you know anyone who can't take a hint?
Where do we start, right? I've had coworkers who couldn't or wouldn't take a hint or even a
direct explanation. It can be interesting to see things hit the fan for them as a result.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:06 PM

24,583 posts, read 26,142,929 times
Today's Question(s):
Is there anything you loaned out and got back in better condition,
No
or
have you loaned anything and regretted it, and if so, can you say what and/or why?
Yep, a bow saw it was bent and the blade trashed.

Have you regretted borrowing anything, and if so, what and/or why?
Nope, if I need it, I buy it.

Foodie Question(s):
what flavor would you hope for if the slice was for instance:
Rhubarb.

Yellow, would you hope for banana, lemon, pineapple, or another flavor?
-Red/Pink - strawberry, cherry or other?
-Brown - chocolate, caramel, maple or other?
-Green - mint or lime or other?
-White - vanilla, coconut or other?
-Orange - pumpkin, orange or other?
-Blue/Purple - blueberry, raspberry, other?

Just for fun:
Imaginary pie for any examples. Besides me do you know anyone who can't take a hint?
My sweet old MIL.

Zazzit for now!
Datz itz for nowz.

Tanx BJH for the pie Q'z.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics