Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 07:29 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,000,696 times

Advertisements

Howdy all. Sunday's edition of the QOTD was going to be assembled using a random question generator. Unfortunately I misplaced the instruction manual. So, as usual, you get stuck with these questions instead.

Today is a very special holiday that is very near and dear to me. So in honor of this very special day I have decided to put the "Today Is" section before the questions. So without any further delay here is...

Today Is:
*National Cheese Lovers Day

Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever been to a car race?

-How about a demolition derby?

-How much would you have to be paid to drive in a demolition derby?

-Do you know who Evel Knievel was?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evel_Knievel

-Have you ever seen Evel Knievel jump over cars with a motorcycle?

-Ever been to Butte, Montana?

-Ever gone swimming at a local public pool?

-When traveling do you go swimming in the hotel pool?

-Have you ever driven over the Continental Divide?

-When growing up did you hang posters on your bedroom walls?

My security moose finally decided to show up. After reviewing my QOTD he left without leaving any comments. I am not sure if that means the QOTD was OK or if he was still hung over from New Year's. So once again you have to answer the questions at your own risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2019, 07:57 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Howdy all. Sunday's edition of the QOTD was going to be assembled using a random question generator. Unfortunately I misplaced the instruction manual. So, as usual, you get stuck with these questions instead.

Today is a very special holiday that is very near and dear to me. So in honor of this very special day I have decided to put the "Today Is" section before the questions. So without any further delay here is...

Today Is:

Sunday's Questions:

Nope!

Not that I recall.

My security moose finally decided to show up. After reviewing my QOTD he left without leaving any comments. I am not sure if that means the QOTD was OK or if he was still hung over from New Year's. So once again you have to answer the questions at your own risk.
Thanks Al and the Moose must have done his job! lol

Old 01-19-2019, 08:10 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times

Today Is:

Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever been to a car race? Yes a few of them over the years.

-How about a demolition derby?Yes once or twice

-How much would you have to be paid to drive in a demolition derby? You can't pay me enough for doing that.

-Do you know who Evel Knievel was? Yes

-Have you ever seen Evel Knievel jump over cars with a motorcycle? Only on TV

-Ever been to Butte, Montana? Yes, a long long time ago when I got out of the service I traveled to the northwest and stopped in Butte for a couple of days. It was a nice "road trip" with some friends when we all were discharged.

-Ever gone swimming at a local public pool? Yes

-When traveling do you go swimming in the hotel pool? No

-Have you ever driven over the Continental Divide? A number of times. It's a very large hill in spots.

-When growing up did you hang posters on your bedroom walls? No, posters we not the thing back then.

Attached Thumbnails
Today's Questions: Sunday 20 Jan 2019...Not so random edition-1.jpg.jpg   Today's Questions: Sunday 20 Jan 2019...Not so random edition-2.jpg  

Last edited by AksarbeN; 01-19-2019 at 08:26 PM..

Old 01-19-2019, 08:23 PM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever been to a car race? Yup. A lower level (not a cup race) NASAR race in Nashville, Tn.

-How about a demolition derby? Yup. Even been to a school bus demolition derby. That was interesting!!

-How much would you have to be paid to drive in a demolition derby? Too much

-Do you know who Evel Knievel was? Yup

-Have you ever seen Evel Knievel jump over cars with a motorcycle? Never cared to. Never thought much of him

-Ever been to Butte, Montana? Nope

-Ever gone swimming at a local public pool? Yup

-When traveling do you go swimming in the hotel pool? Yup

-Have you ever driven over the Continental Divide? Nope

-When growing up did you hang posters on your bedroom walls? Just a couple. My dad didn't want too many holes in the walls

Old 01-19-2019, 08:37 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,341,511 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever been to a car race? As a kid, we used to haunt the local drag strip and the oval dirt stock car track quite often. In the 1980s, my brother and I once went out to Riverside to watch a race while I visited him in California. That brother started racing Corvettes in 1962 progressing to Chaparrals and later to Lolas. One would think I would be a huge fan of auto racing but just never got the bug.

-How about a demolition derby? Never been to one but have watched them on the tube.

-How much would you have to be paid to drive in a demolition derby? Hey, put me in a 1955 Buick and let me go.

-Do you know who Evel Knievel was? Indeed. I know of some of his exploits.

-Have you ever seen Evel Knievel jump over cars with a motorcycle? Nope. I would have liked to though.

-Ever been to Butte, Montana? Never even been to Montana, yet.

-Ever gone swimming at a local public pool? When I was very young.

-When traveling do you go swimming in the hotel pool? I used to use them occasionally.

-Have you ever driven over the Continental Divide? Many many times. Flown, driven and walked.

-When growing up did you hang posters on your bedroom walls? I don't think so. I did have a model Sopwith Camel hanging over my bed though.

Great questions Mutt.

I apologize to all to whom I know I owe many reps. As little as I get to visit CD anymore, I find I don't earn too many rep credits. I try though.

Old 01-19-2019, 08:45 PM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times
Sunday's Questions:

Yes, I once saw a NASCAR race in Ontario (Southern California).
No, I've never done that, but San Francisco drivers are almost as entertaining.
No amount of money could persuade me to do that. I prefer being alive and in one piece.
Yes, I remember his many stunts.
Not live, but I've seen that on TV.
No, I have never been there. I've heard Montana is very beautiful, though.
Yes, all my life. Now I swim at the YMCA.
Sometimes. It depends on the weather and how long we're staying.
No, I haven't done that.
Yes. I had a poster of Mont St. Michel on my bedroom wall as a teenager. As a young adult living in Manhattan, I had a Village Voice "Expect the Unexpected" poster in my room. It would be a collector's item now. I wish I had saved it.

Thanks, Alaskan Mutt! I don't know what the special holiday is you're celebrating, but enjoy.

Old 01-19-2019, 08:48 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,925,477 times
Sunday's Questions:

Yes, stock car races; went a couple times many years ago. Too loud for me.

Yes, a friend's brother did that and I went to watch a long time ago. Not my thing.

For as much as I'd love a cool million or so, this I would not do for it.

Yes, I am old enough to know who he was.

No, I think he was a knucklehead.

No, Montana is the only 'M' state (8) that I've never either lived in (4) or been to (3).
It is on my list of things to do so I can get that eighth 'M' checked off.

Many years ago and many, many times.

I used to do that when I had the chance.

No, but I drive over the Laurentian Divide quite often here in Minnesota.

Yes, blacklight posters with some blacklights, of course. The Mid '70s was a great time to be in high school for so many reasons; for me anyway.

Enjoy your cheesy day, Mutt! Groovy Sunday everybody and stay safe out there.

Last edited by geebabe; 01-19-2019 at 09:13 PM..

Old 01-19-2019, 09:02 PM

273 posts, read 102,388 times
[quote=Alaskan Mutt;54196093]Howdy all. Sunday's edition of the QOTD was going to be assembled using a random question generator. Unfortunately I misplaced the instruction manual. So, as usual, you get stuck with these questions instead.

Today Is:

Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever been to a car race? Once. Couldn't take the noise, crashing.

-How about a demolition derby? No way.

-How much would you have to be paid to drive in a demolition derby? Probably have to get paid in drugs, cause there's no other way I'd do it. EVER!

-Do you know who Evel Knievel was? Yes.

-Have you ever seen Evel Knievel jump over cars with a motorcycle? I think that was the news video shown back in the "olden days.

-Ever been to Butte, Montana? Not yet.

-Ever gone swimming at a local public pool? That's where you found me all summer growing up. I'm the Original Water Rat! It was wonderful!

-When traveling do you go swimming in the hotel pool? Sometimes.

-Have you ever driven over the Continental Divide? Not yet.

-When growing up did you hang posters on your bedroom walls? What walls? You could barely see through all the posters.

My security moose finally decided to show up.He must have run out of cheap beer. Watch your stash, Mutt. After reviewing my QOTD he left without leaving any comments. I am not sure if that means the QOTD was OK or if he was still hung over from New Year's. Nope, just sneakin' 'round for the stash. Moose p**sy-footin' around ain't no joke. Ya hearin' me, Mutt?
Anyway, good night...or Happy Sunday, All.
And thanks, A.M.

Old 01-19-2019, 09:40 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,906,913 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever been to a car race? === Yes. Formula One, New Zealand Grand Prix, Ohakea Airforce Base with Sterling Moss and Bruce McLaren driving.

-How about a demolition derby? === Yes, at Hales Corners Speedway, Wisconsin.

-How much would you have to be paid to drive in a demolition derby? === Not much. Would do it for nothing if my car was solid.

-Do you know who Evel Knievel was? === I do.

-Have you ever seen Evel Knievel jump over cars with a motorcycle? === I haven't.

-Ever been to Butte, Montana? === Nope.

-Ever gone swimming at a local public pool? === All the time when I was a kid. Took my kids to one a few times when they were younger. We then moved to a condo complex when they were preteens and it had a swimming pool.

-When traveling do you go swimming in the hotel pool? === Not any more.

-Have you ever driven over the Continental Divide? === No. Flown over it many times.

-When growing up did you hang posters on your bedroom walls? === I didn't.

Thanks Mutt. Enjoy your special day!

Old 01-19-2019, 11:55 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Today Is:

Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever been to a car race? Several.

-How about a demolition derby? Once.

-How much would you have to be paid to drive in a demolition derby? A lot.

-Do you know who Evel Knievel was? Yes.

-Have you ever seen Evel Knievel jump over cars with a motorcycle? On TV.

-Ever been to Butte, Montana? Not yet.

-Ever gone swimming at a local public pool? As a kid.

-When traveling do you go swimming in the hotel pool? No way.

-Have you ever driven over the Continental Divide? Many times.

-When growing up did you hang posters on your bedroom walls? Not allowed to.

Thanks Mutt keep on truckin'...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics