Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2020, 06:33 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,907,213 times

Advertisements

Happy Saturday everyone. Here are today's random questions for your entertainment.

* Do you have franchise restaurant like Chili's or Applebee's in your community? If so, which one is it and what's your favorite meal there?

* Who is your favorite actor or actress? What show or movies did you enjoy that they were in?

* Do you subscribe to any streaming services like Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime? If so, what are some of your favorite shows?

*If your car got a flat tire, could you change it? Do you know where the jack is in your car? Do you have a spare wheel? Is it inflated?

* What have you done with all of your old photos?

* Do you have a garden -- flower or vegetable? If so, what do you enjoy most about gardening?

* Do you have a local newspaper? If so, do you subscribe?

* Are you planning a vacation this year? If so, where will you go?

Quote for the Day

Ring the bells that still can ring,
Forget your perfect offering,
There is a crack in everything,
That's how the light gets in.

Leonard Cohen

Have a great weekend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2020, 07:12 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,805,930 times
Happy Saturday everyone. Here are today's random questions for your entertainment.

* Do you have franchise restaurant like Chili's or Applebee's in your community? If so, which one is it and what's your favorite meal there?
We have both and out of those two Chili's get's my vote. I don't like Applebee's steaks. We have Texas Roadhouse and 54th Street both of which I prefer over the others mentioned.
* Who is your favorite actor or actress? What show or movies did you enjoy that they were in?
I like Tom Hanks, Nicolas Cage and Bruce Willis etc. Many shows of each.
* Do you subscribe to any streaming services like Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime? If so, what are some of your favorite shows?
Yes. I like Stranger Things on Netflix.
*If your car got a flat tire, could you change it? Do you know where the jack is in your car? Do you have a spare wheel? Is it inflated?
Yes, yes, yes, and I hope so.
Scanned them and have on my computer.
* Do you have a garden -- flower or vegetable? If so, what do you enjoy most about gardening?
Yes, just flower gardens right now. I like to grow things .
Yes/No.
Probably not, sadly.
Quote for the Day

Leonard Cohen

Have a great weekend!
KKate ! Nice job!

Last edited by SATX56; 04-17-2020 at 07:23 PM..

Old 04-17-2020, 07:30 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,872,345 times

* Do you have franchise restaurant like Chili's or Applebee's in your community? If so, which one is it and what's your favorite meal there? No one franchise that's special, I enjoy a wide variety of foods so we spread out to different places. Mostly enjoy the local restaurants over national franchises.

George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Tom Hanks, Denzel Washington.

* Do you subscribe to any streaming services like Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime? If so, what are some of your favorite shows? No, there's enough stuff on tv (satellite dish) to watch & local tv broadcasts that I don't need to pay for the other services.

*If your car got a flat tire, could you change it? Do you know where the jack is in your car? Do you have a spare wheel? Is it inflated? Yes I could change it, however that's something I'd rather avoid these days. Normally when I walk up to the car I'll pay attention to if a tire looks like it's getting now on air and avoid having a flat. This has saved me several times in the past; dad taught me to do that.

* What have you done with all of your old photos? I just started working at getting the boxes out and going through them. I've started discarding the bad shots or duplicates and when I finish I'll copy them into digital forum to store on the computer.

* Do you have a garden -- flower or vegetable? If so, what do you enjoy most about gardening? No garden here, it's too darn hot and sunny as well the soil in the yard is very poor for growing.

* Do you have a local newspaper? If so, do you subscribe? Yes there is a local paper but I don't subscribe to it.

* Are you planning a vacation this year? If so, where will you go? Nothing planned yet for this year, however I might take a short trip driving in the state. The June trip to the Mediterranean was cancelled for this year and moved to next year if things go well.

Quote for the Day

Leonard Cohen

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by AksarbeN; 04-17-2020 at 07:51 PM..

Old 04-17-2020, 08:22 PM

11,364 posts, read 9,277,086 times
Happy Saturday everyone. Here are today's random questions for your entertainment. - Thanks!

* Do you have franchise restaurant like Chili's or Applebee's in your community? If so, which one is it and what's your favorite meal there? - Only independent shops here, unless counting Subway and Papa John's pizza.
Closer to downtown which is about 3 miles from here has a few but I never go.

* Who is your favorite actor or actress? What show or movies did you enjoy that they were in? - Rodney Dangerfield:
Back To School
Easy Money
Meet Wally Sparks

* Do you subscribe to any streaming services like Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime? If so, what are some of your favorite shows? - None of those.

*If your car got a flat tire, could you change it? Do you know where the jack is in your car? Do you have a spare wheel? Is it inflated? - I've changed several in my life but would not want to do that now.
I know where the spare is and could do it if necessary. The air was checked when I had my recent oil change.

* What have you done with all of your old photos? - I don't have many.
The ones with the ex got tossed.

* Do you have a garden -- flower or vegetable? If so, what do you enjoy most about gardening? - No garden.

* Do you have a local newspaper? If so, do you subscribe? - The community newspaper is widely available.

* Are you planning a vacation this year? If so, where will you go? - No plans, highly doubtful.

Old 04-17-2020, 08:27 PM

5,575 posts, read 6,500,449 times

* Do you have franchise restaurant like Chili's or Applebee's in your community? If so, which one is it and what's your favorite meal there? Many. My favorite is Outback Steakhouse.

* Who is your favorite actor or actress? What show or movies did you enjoy that they were in? I do not have a favorite. I no longer watch current Hollyweird productions. My favorites are all dying off now, including Brian Dennehy as of yesterday.

* Do you subscribe to any streaming services like Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime? If so, what are some of your favorite shows? No.

*If your car got a flat tire, could you change it? Do you know where the jack is in your car? Do you have a spare wheel? Is it inflated? No, that is why I have AAA. I may have a donut, I did in my last car.

* What have you done with all of your old photos? Packed away in moving boxes from multiple moves years ago. This is a chore I have to get to.

* Do you have a garden -- flower or vegetable? If so, what do you enjoy most about gardening? No. My mother and middle sister were the "green thumbs" in the family. I will, however, take care of a flower bouquet, I can make one last a week or two. I love cut flowers.

* Do you have a local newspaper? If so, do you subscribe? Yes, and no, I do not. I do like to read the Sunday issue that I get from a friend, however. I don't like that newspapers have ink that gets all over my fingers and turns them filthy.

* Are you planning a vacation this year? If so, where will you go? Not this year, but perhaps next year. I have been doing some research on Israel, aka the Holy Land, but have not found a tour that "hit" me. I am now looking into Switzerland, which caught my attention and I have now done research on.

Quote for the Day

“Ring the bells that still can ring,
That's how the light gets in.”

Leonard Cohen

Have a great weekend! Ditto

Old 04-17-2020, 08:49 PM

11,085 posts, read 17,530,236 times
* Do you have franchise restaurant like Chili's or Applebee's in your community? If so, which one is it and what's your favorite meal there? We have an Applebee's here but rarely eat there. We prefer and support the smaller locally owned restaurants, especially during this paranoia virus

* Who is your favorite actor or actress? What show or movies did you enjoy that they were in? Can't say I really have a favorite

* Do you subscribe to any streaming services like Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime? If so, what are some of your favorite shows? I have Disney+ on my roku. Been enjoying what I call the MR. Walt Disney movies, those Walt produced before his death. Not the remakes. But Togo was good! On my roku, and I think I may have mentioned this on here before, but I've been enjoying old TV shows. I've watched the first seasons of the Dick Van Dyke Show, Bonanza, and Dragnet, plus a few others. I've got 60 or so channels of movies that don't cost me a penny.

*If your car got a flat tire, could you change it? Yup
Do you know where the jack is in your car? Yup
Do you have a spare wheel? Is it inflated? Yup and yup. Hate those emergency spares

* What have you done with all of your old photos? Scanned a bunch of them

* Do you have a garden -- flower or vegetable? If so, what do you enjoy most about gardening? Not any more

* Do you have a local newspaper? If so, do you subscribe? Well they call it a newspaper. Takes about 10 minutes to read it and that includes working the crossword puzzle

* Are you planning a vacation this year? If so, where will you go? If we do anything it will be in this area.

Old 04-17-2020, 09:15 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,432,107 times

I like Smashburger (grilled chicken with jalapeños sandwich), Taco Cabana (there are several things I like).

I don’t really follow actors. I just go for which movies appeal to me.

Netflix: Stranger Things, Black Mirror

Disney+: Imagineering Story

Amazon Prime: I’ve been rewatching the original Roseanne series but I haven’t looked into any of Amazon’s originals.

No sadly. Those are good skills to have.

Boxes, hard drive.

I’ve actually gotten really into gardening since the lock down. I made a little container garden using only things from my kitchen since I can’t really get out and shop for plants. So I’ve planted green onions, pinto and lima beans, bell peppers and jalapeños. A cluster of tomato plants came up voluntarily in my yard (guess I threw a bad one in the grass) and they’re doing really well; I’ve already picked a couple of tomatoes. I’ve also gotten cuttings from some flowering plants that I had already and relocated them to other areas as well as planting some flower seeds from scratch. So far most everything is doing well.

I don’t subscribe.

No. Even if I did I can’t think that far ahead. So much uncertainty and weird stuff going on. I want my old boring life back.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:51 PM

37,796 posts, read 40,994,120 times

In my town, we have Applebee's, Outback, Calhoun's, Waffle House, Shoney's, IHOP, McAllister's, Panda Express, Red Lobster and Aubrey's off the top of my head and in addition to the usual burger, sandwich, Chinese and Mexican places that are fast food places. They are chain restaurants but are they franchises? I don't know. Of the above, I eat at Outback the most. They do take out and delivery even when we aren't hiding from a virus.

* Who is your favorite actor or actress? What show or movies did you enjoy that they were in? My current favorite is Jacob Pitts, a working actor, who was a regular cast member in 6 seasons of Justified, my favorite TV show of all-time, and who has done Law & Order, Law & Order SVU, The Sinner, Sneaky Pete, Person of Interest, Elementary, The Pacific (WWII mini series on HBO), the movie Eurotrip, the movie 21, among other things,and this past weekend I saw him in an old TV movie called "We Were the Mulvaneys" playing Blythe Danner's and Beau Bridge's son. Old favorites are Humphrey Bogart, Kurt Russell, Gregory Peck, Clint Eastwood and Robert Patrick.

* Do you subscribe to any streaming services like Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime? If so, what are some of your favorite shows? Amazon Prime - Favorite was 3 seasons of Sneaky Pete with Bryan Cranston, Giovanni Rubisi, Margo Martindale and the afore mentioned Jacob Pitts.

*If your car got a flat tire, could you change it? Do you know where the jack is in your car? Do you have a spare wheel? Is it inflated? I could not even lift the tire out of trunk and can't squat down or kneel down. I would call AAA. When I take my car in to the dealership regularly, and before every road trip, it's one of the things they check. Have an appointment a week from Monday.

* What have you done with all of your old photos? How old? You mean "hardcopy" ones? The wedding photos are in a wedding album, the favorite photos are in 2 other separate albums in a box in a closet and the old but still digital ones are on CDs I got with the hardcopy ones. A few are on my desk in frames. Anything after 2008 is on my computer, on two external hard drives and also backed up on an outside commercial server. My sister has all of the family photos except for a handful she gave me that are framed and propped up on my desk.

* Do you have a garden -- flower or vegetable? No. If so, what do you enjoy most about gardening? N/A.

* Do you have a local newspaper? Yes. If so, do you subscribe? I subscribe to the digitized version, only.

* Are you planning a vacation this year? If so, where will you go? Sore subject. I still haven't canceled or postponed my May photography trip to Delaware waiting to see the Delaware governor's next move but since that governor is going postal on out of state license plates (all will be stopped by the police and be required to spend 14 days in quarantine) until May 15, looks like the answer is "I don't know if a vacation is in the cards this year." Guess the tourist industry is not one he's looking to, to fix his economy. I spend my entire trip in the wildlife refuge (it's open) in my car on an auto loop taking photos or driving around taking photos of barns from my car. I order delivery at night (or I could bring food with me), don't eat breakfast anywhere or congregate in the lobby or anyplace else. Can't schedule it for another time until I know his plans for out-of-state visitors but I sure as **** know I'm not spending any time quarantined in another state while paying for a hotel and there are 2 other states, I will have to pass through to get there. Who knows what their governors plan to do? I go the time of year I go, for a reason (particular birds, lack of swarms of mosquitoes and no kids home from school). Other than gas, fast food drive-thrus, and the desk clerk, I don't come in contact with anyone. Plus, I'm coming from a Tennessee county that has had only 15 cases total, 1 death and 11 recovered. So right now, April 18, we have only 3 current cases in the entire county. The adjacent county (my town straddles 2 counties) has had 7 cases, 6 recovered and 0 deaths, so 1 current case. I have gloves and enough masks to take with me.

Sorry for the rant but I'm a planner and don't like uncertainty.

Old 04-17-2020, 11:58 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,382,942 times
Good Morning

* Do you have franchise restaurant like Chili's or Applebee's in your community? If so, which one is it and what's your favorite meal there? None in my community. The only time we go to a restaurant is when we are traveling. With that--I try to go to local independent places.

* Who is your favorite actor or actress? What show or movies did you enjoy that they were in? I don't have any. I enjoy movies. Back in the day we used to go to the Movie Theatre

* Do you subscribe to any streaming services like Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime? If so, what are some of your favorite shows? Yes we subscribe to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime. No favorites.

*If your car got a flat tire, could you change it? Do you know where the jack is in your car? Do you have a spare wheel? Is it inflated? Would have no idea how to change it. I know where the jack is, I do have a spare. My tires are in good shape. Last flat, my husband drove 30 minutes to where I was to change it.

* What have you done with all of your old photos? They are in boxes. Some day I will go thorough them and get rid of 70% of them.

* Do you have a garden -- flower or vegetable? If so, what do you enjoy most about gardening? Husband gardens--we have flowers and vegetables.

* Do you have a local newspaper? If so, do you subscribe? Local would be the County Newspaper--I do not subscribe. I used to when my kids were young to keep up with what was going on.

* Are you planning a vacation this year? If so, where will you go? I work in the travel industry, so I am always planning a vacation. Quite sad that my plans for going abroad in May have been squished Hopefully in a few months I can be getting on a plane again...

Heading to work for a few hours--

Old 04-18-2020, 12:23 AM

21,533 posts, read 8,718,127 times
There's a Round Table Pizza in our neighborhood and several Burger King, Taco Bell and McDonald's restaurants.
It's hard to say because I have so many. Most are classic actors from the golden age such as Judy Garland ("Meet Me in St. Louis," "Easter Parade"), Fredric March ("The Best Years of Our Lives," "A Star is Born") Spencer Tracy ("Boys Town," "Father of the Bride"), Joan Crawford ("Mildred Pierce," "Possessed"), Burt Lancaster ("From Here to Eternity") ( and Bette Davis ("Dark Victory," "Now, Voyager").
No, I don't.
*If your car got a flat tire, could you change it?
No, I wouldn't even try. That's what road service is for.

Do you know where the jack is in your car? Do you have a spare wheel? Is it inflated?
No and no.
Most are in boxes in my garage. Some are in albums. Most of my recent photos are only digital.
No, I am not a gardener.
Yes, but we don't subscribe. We do have an online subscription to the New York Times.
No, Mr. Bay is nearly 80 with health issues, and he doesn't want to travel any more. But I may take a day trip or two with friends when the current crisis is over.

Thanks, KiwiKate. Love the quote!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics