Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 08:10 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,029,414 times

Advertisements

Greetings. It has been a challenge for me this week. 2 days ago I forgot that one must lift his foot higher than the curb he is stepping onto. I guess I did not really need all of the skin that was on my knee. Even worse, I forgot to pick up some cheap beer while at the store.

Saturday's Questions:

-Has anyone had to shovel snow or scrape car windows yet?

-Do you keep tire chains in your vehicle?

-Have you ever put tire chains on your car?

-With it being Fall would you rather take a drive in the mountains or walk on the beach?

-Anyone planning to go snow skiing this winter?

-Is it too early to think about Christmas shopping?

Time to step inside and warm up.

-Have you finished, or even started, your Fall house cleaning?

-Whether on purpose. or it just happened, do you have lots of empty perscription pill bottles?

Well I got to get going. My security moose says it wants to wear a costume on Halloween. Not a lot of costumes for sale for moose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2020, 09:09 PM

4,860 posts, read 3,676,806 times
-Has anyone had to shovel snow or scrape car windows yet? not me

-Do you keep tire chains in your vehicle? No. Son, I live in Texas.

-Have you ever put tire chains on your car? No

-With it being Fall would you rather take a drive in the mountains or walk on the beach? Beach

-Anyone planning to go snow skiing this winter? Too old. Bones too brittle.

-Is it too early to think about Christmas shopping? Amazon cards for grandkids.

Time to step inside and warm up. Didn't leave house today. Too cold. It was 50 degrees.

-Have you finished, or even started, your Fall house cleaning? I do that every day.

-Whether on purpose. or it just happened, do you have lots of empty perscription pill bottles? Nope.

Old 10-23-2020, 09:18 PM
bjh

60,340 posts, read 30,547,760 times
Greetings. It has been a challenge for me this week. 2 days ago I forgot that one must lift his foot higher than the curb he is stepping onto. I guess I did not really need all of the skin that was on my knee. Even worse, I forgot to pick up some cheap beer while at the store.
Ouch! Sorry about that. Sorry about the knee, too.

Saturday's Questions:
Nope, not yet.
Not necessary.
Even when I lived in the north, didn't use them. But plows cleared the roads reliably.
-With it being Fall would you rather take a drive in the mountains or walk on the beach?
Beach first, then mountains.
Nope.
Yep.
Okay
Is that a thing?
-Whether on purpose. or it just happened, do you have lots of empty perscription pill bottles?
Nope.

Well I got to get going. My security moose says it wants to wear a costume on Halloween. Not a lot of costumes for sale for moose.
How is the moose at negotiating curbs? Can you put a saddle on a moose and ride it like a horse?

Old 10-23-2020, 09:45 PM

30,766 posts, read 16,400,834 times

Greeting back. yup-always good to step up. Could be worse tho-you could have taken some skin off your derriere.

Saturday's Questions:

not yet. 70 degrees today. That's way warm for us this time of year but didn't hear anyone complain.

nope.

nope.

how about a walk in the mountains?

probably someone but that someone would not be me.

easy this year: everyone gets a mask. Thinking of asking a political figure to autograph them.

Step carefully. One skinned knee is enough. More than enough actually.

haven't even finished my spring cleaning.

-Whether on purpose. or it just happened, do you have lots of empty prescription pill bottles?

nope. When empty, the label comes off and they get put in the recycling box.

just give him a red nose and he can go as Rudolph. or a blonde wig and he can go as...oops never mind.

Thanks, Mutt. feel better soon.

Old 10-23-2020, 10:04 PM

37,828 posts, read 41,163,799 times
Saturday's Questions:

No, we're still hitting temps in the 70s.

-Do you keep tire chains in your vehicle? No

-Have you ever put tire chains on your car? No

-With it being Fall would you rather take a drive in the mountains or walk on the beach? Normally, mountains but all next week it's supposed to rain.

-Anyone planning to go snow skiing this winter? No

-Is it too early to think about Christmas shopping? Yes

No such seasonal cleaning thing for me.

-Whether on purpose. or it just happened, do you have lots of empty prescription pill bottles? No

Old 10-23-2020, 11:13 PM

21,653 posts, read 8,808,886 times
Saturday's Questions:

No, there's no need. We don't get snow or ice here.
See above.
Not me personally, but I've been with people who have had them put on at the gas station or by one of those tire chain people who stand on the side of the road in the Sierra during ski season.
I'll take a drive in the mountains.
I wish! I love skiing but have no one to go with.
No, I've already bought a couple of gifts. I like to get it done early.
Thanks!
No, but I'm home all the time so I do a little bit every day.
I've saved a few for other purposes.

Thanks, Alaskan Mutt! I'm sorry you tripped, but hope your knee is better soon.

Old 10-23-2020, 11:48 PM

62,145 posts, read 88,017,025 times

Ouch.....

Saturday's Questions:

I wish. Never had problems with that when I lived in a colder country...

I used to, but not anymore. Only when I visit my homeland in winter.

Several times.

Mountains. They are more colorful in the Fall.

Nope.

Actually, no. Shopping isn't the same anymore, and due to covid selected items are often in small quantity or not available. So, I started to look around a bit earlier than usual.

I am waiting for ARCTIC cold front, the news are warning us about here in Texas. Found out the temps will be mid 70's. Going to put my fur and the boots back in the closed, again...

Planning to power wash the siding, soon.

Not taking any Rx, yet.

Well, I got to get going. My security moose says it wants to wear a costume on Halloween. Not a lot of costumes for sale for moose.

Happy shopping! Post a picture

Last edited by elnina; 10-24-2020 at 12:02 AM..

Old 10-24-2020, 12:08 AM

11,422 posts, read 9,350,474 times
Greetings. It has been a challenge for me this week. 2 days ago I forgot that one must lift his foot higher than the curb he is stepping onto. I guess I did not really need all of the skin that was on my knee. Even worse, I forgot to pick up some cheap beer while at the store. - I hope you are okay!

Saturday's Questions:

-Has anyone had to shovel snow or scrape car windows yet? - Not here.

-Do you keep tire chains in your vehicle? - Never used.

-Have you ever put tire chains on your car? ^

-With it being Fall would you rather take a drive in the mountains or walk on the beach? - Mountains win.

-Anyone planning to go snow skiing this winter? - Never did this.

-Is it too early to think about Christmas shopping? - N/A (I don't participate)

-Have you finished, or even started, your Fall house cleaning? - I clean as I go / when needed.

-Whether on purpose. or it just happened, do you have lots of empty prescription pill bottles? - No.

Well I got to get going. My security moose says it wants to wear a costume on Halloween. Not a lot of costumes for sale for moose. - Thanks, Mutt! Get well soon!

Old 10-24-2020, 12:59 AM

7,996 posts, read 5,429,956 times
Good Morning, tough waking up this morning.

Greetings. It has been a challenge for me this week. 2 days ago I forgot that one must lift his foot higher than the curb he is stepping onto. I guess I did not really need all of the skin that was on my knee. Even worse, I forgot to pick up some cheap beer while at the store. OUCH on the knee. Horrible about forgetting to pick up your cheap beer!

Saturday's Questions:

-Has anyone had to shovel snow or scrape car windows yet? A few days ago there was a thin layer of ice on my windshield. I appreciate my "remote start" that helps speed up the process so I don't have to scrape.

-With it being Fall would you rather take a drive in the mountains or walk on the beach? Drive up the mountains, we have taken a few hikes up the mountains the last couple of weeks--gorgeous weather, gorgeous Fall foliage.

-Anyone planning to go snow skiing this winter? No, tried skiing a couple of times--too scary for me. I do miss the days where I would take my middle son to Salt Lake City to go snowboarding and I would sit in the beautiful lodge looking out at the skiers and snowboarders.

-Is it too early to think about Christmas shopping? I would like to say yes, but I have started to work on a few sewing projects and picked up a few small items already. My best shopping is always the first week of December.

-Have you finished, or even started, your Fall house cleaning? Is that a thing? Let me get husband on that task! I have put the flower beds to sleep--so the "yard cleaning" is ready for Winter.

-Whether on purpose. or it just happened, do you have lots of empty perscription pill bottles? No

Forecast is for low 70's. Going to be another beautiful Autumn day. Enjoy your day!

Old 10-24-2020, 01:24 AM

44,710 posts, read 61,920,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post

Saturday's Questions:

-Has anyone had to shovel snow or scrape car windows yet? Nope.

-Do you keep tire chains in your vehicle? In the desert, no.

-Have you ever put tire chains on your car? No.

-With it being Fall would you rather take a drive in the mountains or walk on the beach? Mountains, my back and hip can't take much walking these days..

-Anyone planning to go snow skiing this winter? No way.

-Is it too early to think about Christmas shopping? Way to early. I wait until about a week before when the best prices are offered.

Time to step inside and warm up. Not when it's 90+ outside. as we have been.

-Have you finished, or even started, your Fall house cleaning? Every 3 weeks a house cleaning service comes and cleans.

-Whether on purpose. or it just happened, do you have lots of empty prescription pill bottles? Not anymore, they went into the re-cycle bin a few months ago.

Thanks Mutt, here's a beer to aid in your recovery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics