Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 07:23 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,403 posts, read 30,599,011 times

Advertisements

Hello and welcome to . . .

Today's Question(s):
Whose was the last or a memorable funeral you attended?

Is there a trend not to have funerals at all, and do you have any opinion about that?

Any experiences or thoughts to share about funerals or memorial services or related goings on
(drama or humor allowed, but not required) or skip to next question?

Foodie Question(s):
How soon after you wake each day do you eat?

What foods do you keep on hand for when you don't have time to cook or don't want to?

Do you find peaches peachy?

Just to:
It's not a good idea to mix _____________ and ______________.

More questions tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2020, 08:32 PM

62,342 posts, read 88,319,607 times

Today's Question(s):

Only my parents and it was long time ago.

Is there a trend not to have funerals at all, and do you have any opinion about that?

I don't want my own funeral. Just cremation. Scatter my ashes to the wind.

Any experiences or thoughts to share about funerals or memorial services or related goings on

I have nothing to report, except a big sadness that never really left me since my parents are gone. I miss them every day.

Foodie Question(s):

It depends on the plan for the day. On very busy days I have early breakfast to recharge my energy.

What foods do you keep on hand for when you don't have time to cook or don't want to?

I always cook bigger portions, so I can freeze few servings for "rainy" days when I don't feel like cooking.

Not lately. Last few seasons they were dry and tasteless, like every other mass production.

Just to:
It's not a good idea to mix bleach and rubbing alcohol.

More questions tomorrow.

Yay!! Thank you, bjh!!

Last edited by elnina; 12-16-2020 at 01:31 PM..

Old 12-15-2020, 11:05 PM

21,700 posts, read 8,841,055 times
Today's Question(s):
My cousin Barbara and her husband Art, who died just weeks apart in 2018. They were in their late 80s and early 90s, the kind of couple you couldn't imagine one without the other. So everyone said it seemed only right that they left this world together.
I am not a fan of funerals, but I think memorial gatherings are a nice way not only to pay tribute to the one who is gone but also for the survivors to support one another and share their memories.
Skip to next question because I can't think of anything.
Foodie Question(s):
Usually within 20 minutes or so.
Canned soups, frozen chicken breasts, frozen entrees, canned tuna, cheese slices. I especially like Blake's pot pies and Amy's vegetarian meals.
Yes, I have always liked peaches.
Just to:
It's not a good idea to mix
BLM supporters and Proud Boys.

Thanks, bjh!

Old 12-16-2020, 12:30 AM

37,848 posts, read 41,209,489 times
Today's Question(s):
My dad's.

I think so but I have no opinion.

Any experiences or thoughts to share about funerals or memorial services or related goings on (drama or humor allowed, but not required) or skip to next question? Nothing personal to report but there are many great funeral scenes in movies and TV shows.

Foodie Question(s):
No set time. Sometimes skip breakfast.

What foods do you keep on hand for when you don't have time to cook or don't want to? That's all the time.

Do you find peaches peachy? This may sound weird but I like canned peaches not whole ones. Can't get past the fur.

Just to:
It's not a good idea to mix
your parents and your in-laws.

Old 12-16-2020, 12:30 AM

44,737 posts, read 62,016,554 times
Today's Question(s):
Whose was the last or a memorable funeral you attended? A cousin several years ago.

Is there a trend not to have funerals at all, and do you have any opinion about that? Not a funeral fan.

(drama or humor allowed, but not required) or skip to next question? Nothing here.

Foodie Question(s):
How soon after you wake each day do you eat? About an hour. Have coffee and read the paper first.

What foods do you keep on hand for when you don't have time to cook or don't want to? Peanuts, popcorn, peanut butter, chips, dip, usual junk stuff.

Do you find peaches peachy? Love peaches.

Just to:
It's not a good idea to mix chickens and foxes. together.

Nighty nite...

Old 12-16-2020, 01:09 AM

8,000 posts, read 5,442,488 times
Going to be a snowy day!

Today's Question(s):

My husband's best friend --friends for 60 some years.

I think the cost of traditional funerals is highway robbery.
For me--no funeral, no wake. Going to donate my body--no cost.

Circle of life.

Foodie Question(s):
About four hours

Marinara sauce and pasta

They are okay.

Just to:
It's not a good idea to mix driving and icy roads.
Hope not to do that today...

See ya...

Old 12-16-2020, 04:43 AM

7,428 posts, read 5,535,225 times

Today's Question(s):
in September, sister in law passed way, we hadn’t seen her in 14 years, since there were restrictions not many people were there.

Is there a trend not to have funerals at all, and do you have any opinion about that? I would at least like some type of memorial, maybe with just close family and friends.

Foodie Question(s):
How soon after you wake each day do you eat? A couple hours.

What foods do you keep on hand for when you don't have time to cook or don't want to? Frozen pizza. Microwave or reheat leftover take out food.

Do you find peaches peachy? yes

Just to:
It's not a good idea to mix medication __ and alcohol_________.

More questions tomorrow.

Old 12-16-2020, 05:41 AM

126,451 posts, read 19,230,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
Whose was the last or a memorable funeral you attended? My fathers

Is there a trend not to have funerals at all, and do you have any opinion about that? As others said a memorial service

Foodie Question(s):
How soon after you wake each day do you eat? about half an hour later

What foods do you keep on hand for when you don't have time to cook or don't want to? Frozen homemade pizza,lentil,bean and vegetable/chicken soups are a few to mention

Do you find peaches peachy? They do not taste as good as they used to

Just to:
It's not a good idea to mix grapefruit and medication .

More questions tomorrow.
THANK YOU bjh

Old 12-16-2020, 05:50 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,959,186 times

Today's Question(s):
Last funeral was for my former boss. She was sad when I transferred west.
Is there a trend not to have funerals at all, and do you have any opinion about that? That is okay with me. Going back to question 1. Longtime family friend was an informal memorial at his daughter’s house.

(drama or humor allowed, but not required) or skip to next question? When the ex’s grandfather passed away there was some low level, low brow drama.

Foodie Question(s):
Half hour to an hour.
granola.
Do you find peaches peachy? Yes, I do.

Just to:
It's not a good idea to mix _drining and texting_______.

More questions tomorrow.

Old 12-16-2020, 07:48 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,973 posts, read 82,102,147 times
Today's Question(s):
Whose was the last or a memorable funeral you attended? Step father in October, outdoors, masks, and only immediate family.

Is there a trend not to have funerals at all, and do you have any opinion about that? The trend I see is more of an informal memorial, cremation, no funeral home, limos, or church involved.

(drama or humor allowed, but not required) or skip to next question? Pass

Foodie Question(s):
How soon after you wake each day do you eat? About an hour.

What foods do you keep on hand for when you don't have time to cook or don't want to? Canned baked beans, frozen prepared foods from Trader Joe's, bread and stuff for sandwiches.

Do you find peaches peachy? Yes, my favorite fruit.

Just to:
It's not a good idea to mix ___baking soda__________ and __vinegar____________.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics