Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2022, 05:12 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times

Advertisements

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Is your cell phone an Android or an iPhone?
Android

When did you get your first cell phone? Don't remember.

Do you use your phone for email? No

Have you used your phone to post on City-Data? No

Have you ever used a megaphone? No

Did you ever try connecting two tin cans with a string to see whether that would work as a telephone? Maybe. Don't remember.

Have you ever placed a glass against a wall or door, and then placed your ear against the glass, in an attempt to eavesdrop on a conversation taking place on the other side of the wall or door? I think so.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Can you play the piano, even if only just "Chopsticks"?
No

What's your favorite music genre? Ed Sheeran is my favorite performer but Country is my favorite genre.

Have you taken music lessons? Guitar but not in school.

Did you have music class in elementary school? Yes

Rate your personal rhythm between zero and 10, with 10 being most excellent. No idea.

Have you ever heard a handbell choir perform? No

What was the last concert (any type) that you attended? I think it was a concert at the beach under a big tent during an annual fair called Springfest and it was Peter Noone (Herman's Hermits), Mickey Dolenz (Monkees) and a third performer from another band who I can't remember performing together or it was the same Springfest in a different year with Gary Puckett (Gary Puckett and The Union Gap) and The Association. That was around 2010 - 2013. The last real concert I went to was Bruce Springsteen in 2003. It was the day after Johnny Cash died and Springsteen opened the show with a Cash song which I thought was pretty amazing since there was no time to rehearse it and it sounded good or it was Los Lobos. Can't remember which was first.

Have you performed in a concert? In chorus in high school and junior high school.

Have you performed in a recital? No
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2022, 05:50 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Is your cell phone an Android or an iPhone? iPhone

When did you get your first cell phone? Not sure, but it must have been 2010 or so.

Do you use your phone for email? No, I don’t use it much.

Have you used your phone to post on City-Data? No. The print is much too small.

Did you ever try connecting two tin cans with a string to see whether that would work as a telephone? Sure

Have you ever placed a glass against a wall or door, and then placed your ear against the glass, in an attempt to eavesdrop on a conversation taking place on the other side of the wall or door? No

BONUS QUESTIONS

Can you play the piano, even if only just "Chopsticks"? Chopsticks is about it.

What's your favorite music genre? I like almost every kind.

Have you taken music lessons? No, never

Rate your personal rhythm between zero and 10, with 10 being most excellent. I am a 10 after a few glasses of wine.

Have you ever heard a handbell choir perform? Yes

What was the last concert (any type) that you attended? I think it was an outdoor First Friday concert.

Have you performed in a concert? No

Have you performed in a recital?Dont think so

That's it for now, kiddos. Have a superb Tuesday, be kind, have fun, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

Old 04-26-2022, 05:51 AM

1,371 posts, read 614,663 times
Hi, everyone! I'm posting this a bit early tonight because I need to hit the sack early and get up early tomorrow for jury duty. So, scroll on down and take a gander at

Good morning one and all

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Is your cell phone an Android or an iPhone? I-Phone

When did you get your first cell phone? Around 2004? Not sure of the year but it was the Motorola RAZR. Best cell phone I ever had. I still have it and can't seem to part with it. I should see about opening an account and if I can still use it.

Do you use your phone for email? Yes

Have you used your phone to post on City-Data? Sometimes

Did you ever try connecting two tin cans with a string to see whether that would work as a telephone? Yes

Have you ever placed a glass against a wall or door, and then placed your ear against the glass, in an attempt to eavesdrop on a conversation taking place on the other side of the wall or door? You can do that? Huh!

BONUS QUESTIONS

Can you play the piano, even if only just "Chopsticks"? Not anymore it's been over 50 years since I tickled the ivories, to my lament

What's your favorite music genre? I enjoy all genres, except most of rap

Have you taken music lessons? Yes. Piano

Did you have music class in elementary school? Yes.

Rate your personal rhythm between zero and 10, with 10 being most excellent. 10. It's in the blood

Have you ever heard a handbell choir perform? No

What was the last concert (any type) that you attended? We got free tickets from friends who couldn't make a Julio Iglesias concert. I didn't want to go cause I found him kinda cheesy but glad I did. He did a great live show. This was in the 90's. I don't think he does concerts anymore.

Have you performed in a concert? In school I was Ringo because I had his haircut. Obviously it was all a music dubbed concert.

Have you performed in a recital? Not that I recall.

That's it for now, kiddos. Have a superb Tuesday, be kind, have fun, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

You too.

Old 04-26-2022, 05:54 AM

126,280 posts, read 19,057,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
Hi, everyone! I'm posting this a bit early tonight because I need to hit the sack early and get up early tomorrow for jury duty. So, scroll on down and take a gander at

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Is your cell phone an Android or an iPhone? Android

When did you get your first cell phone? Years ago

Have you used your phone to post on City-Data? Yes sometimes

Did you ever try connecting two tin cans with a string to see whether that would work as a telephone? No

Have you ever placed a glass against a wall or door, and then placed your ear against the glass, in an attempt to eavesdrop on a conversation taking place on the other side of the wall or door? No

BONUS QUESTIONS

Can you play the piano, even if only just "Chopsticks"? Yes a few melodies including the Flea Waltz/Flohwalzer

What's your favorite music genre? I like classical,country and folk music

Have you taken music lessons? I was in a choir all my life and my uncle taught me how to play the Zither and the Schwyzerörgeli and accordion/Schifferklavier

Did you have music class in elementary school? Yes one of my favorite subjects

Rate your personal rhythm between zero and 10, with 10 being most excellent. It is easy for me to join just like that playing my instrument or sing in harmony

Have you ever heard a handbell choir perform? Yes a youth group was performing at a street musical festival

What was the last concert (any type) that you attended? Years ago a school concert

Have you performed in a concert? Yes in my childhood I was in an alpine yodeling/singing choir and we performed all across Bavaria/Austria and Switzerland.As a youth our choir performed at Christmas in cathedrals all over Austria and Bavaria.When I moved to Canada I joined a classical and Jazz choir and we performed for seniors

Have you performed in a recital? Yes in the church at Christmas time and in front of kids in an auditorium

Thank you Pammy

Old 04-26-2022, 05:57 AM

9,725 posts, read 14,269,161 times
Hi, everyone! I'm posting this a bit early tonight because I need to hit the sack early and get up early tomorrow for jury duty. So, scroll on down and take a gander at TODAY'S QUESTIONS
Thanks, Pam! I always appreciate early birds!

Is your cell phone an Android or an iPhone? My cheapie Pay-as-I go phone works well for me. It's all I need for business purposes, and I pay only $25 every 3 months.

When did you get your first cell phone? In the early 90's I had a "bag phone" in my car.

Do you use your phone for email? No. I only use my cheapie phone for checking e-mails, while on the road, and I don't send e-mails from that phone.

Have you used your phone to post on with a string to see whether that would work as a telephone? No

Can you play the piano, even if only just "Chopsticks"? I can play a little piano, mostly tunes I learned as a kid

What's your favorite music genre? 70's-80's Rock

Have you taken music lessons? Yes, piano.

Rate your personal rhythm between zero and 10, with 10 being most excellent. I think, I'm a 10!!! Of course, others may not share my opinion. My professional drummer son taught me well!

Have you ever heard a handbell choir perform? Yes

What was the last concert (any type) that you attended? 3-4 weeks ago, a dynamic tribute band at a local theatre.....Aerosmith!!! A very memorable event! My next concert is another tribute band, The Stones, Saturday night. I typically don't enjoy "tribute" bands, but these are excellent performers! I'm so looking forward to this weekend! I've attended countless live rock 'n roll concerts over the years. I have great memories, but one that stands out is Queen, with Adam Lambert....in Philly. Music was outstanding, but the light show was too much for me. I figured out later, why everyone wore sunglasses to the show.

Have you performed in a concert? Music concerts in high school, percussion.

Have you performed in a recital? Yes, the dreaded Piano Recital. I always FROZE!
Thanks, Pam

Last edited by rdlr; 04-26-2022 at 06:10 AM..

Old 04-26-2022, 07:05 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Good morning, PJ and THANK YOU! I'm sick at home today, hacking up a lung. I haven't been sick in ages - years, actually. I even took one of my free COVID tests (negative) because I was so pitiful yesterday.

Anyway, here goes:

Is your cell phone an Android or an iPhone? Android.

When did you get your first cell phone? Gosh, I had a BAG PHONE in my car if you can believe that, back probably in the mid 90s.

Do you use your phone for email? Yes.

Have you used your phone to post on City-Data? Once in a blue moon but usually no.

Have you ever used a megaphone? Yes.

Did you ever try connecting two tin cans with a string to see whether that would work as a telephone? Yes, when I was a kid the next door neighbor and I did it and it worked pretty well.

Have you ever placed a glass against a wall or door, and then placed your ear against the glass, in an attempt to eavesdrop on a conversation taking place on the other side of the wall or door? No. Hmmmm.....

BONUS QUESTIONS

Can you play the piano, even if only just "Chopsticks"? Yes, more than Chopsticks. I took lessons for about seven years. I have a gorgeous hand made Yamaha piano that my parents bought for me in Japan.

What's your favorite music genre? Probably classic rock. I really love the 80s though, and funk too!

Have you taken music lessons? Yes, see above. I also took piano lessons again in college.

Did you have music class in elementary school? Yes, and I always loved it. I remember that we sang "If I Had A Hammer" one year for something or other.

Rate your personal rhythm between zero and 10, with 10 being most excellent. I'd say about an 8. But I cannot do Zumba. At all.

Have you ever heard a handbell choir perform? Yes, and I've been in one too. Beautiful.

What was the last concert (any type) that you attended? I went to a Beethoven concert (that also featured a bit of Mozart and Tellemann too) a few weeks ago.

Have you performed in a concert? Yes.

Have you performed in a recital? Yes.

Old 04-26-2022, 07:10 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Oh wait, I just remembered - I went to an outdoor venue and saw some guys playing oldies but goodies (as in 1970s rock) just Saturday night - does that count as a concert?

They played Mustang Sally and then Play That Funky Music and I just had to dance!

Old 04-26-2022, 07:17 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,787,866 times
Is your cell phone an Android or an iPhone?

When did you get your first cell phone? 2010

Do you use your phone for email? yes

Have you used your phone to post on City-Data? no

Have you ever used a megaphone? probably

Did you ever try connecting two tin cans with a string to see whether that would work as a telephone? yes

Have you ever placed a glass against a wall or door, and then placed your ear against the glass, in an attempt to eavesdrop on a conversation taking place on the other side of the wall or door? yes

Can you play the piano, even if only just "Chopsticks"?

What's your favorite music genre? 70's

Have you taken music lessons? no, unfortunately

Did you have music class in elementary school? yes

Rate your personal rhythm between zero and 10, with 10 being most excellent. 7

Have you ever heard a handbell choir perform? on TV

What was the last concert (any type) that you attended? I forgot, long time ago, maybe Chicago

Have you performed in a concert? no

Have you performed in a recital? no

Old 04-26-2022, 07:40 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,225,683 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Is your cell phone an Android or an iPhone? Both personal and work phones are iPhone

When did you get your first cell phone? 1992

Have you used your phone to post on City-Data? No, too small!

Have you ever used a megaphone? Many years ago

Did you ever try connecting two tin cans with a string to see whether that would work as a telephone? Yes, as a kid in the 1960s.

Have you ever placed a glass against a wall or door, and then placed your ear against the glass, in an attempt to eavesdrop on a conversation taking place on the other side of the wall or door? Yes, it works.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Can you play the piano, even if only just "Chopsticks"? No

What's your favorite music genre? Classic Rock

Have you taken music lessons? Yes

Rate your personal rhythm between zero and 10, with 10 being most excellent. 8

Have you ever heard a handbell choir perform? Only on TV

What was the last concert (any type) that you attended? Jethro Tull in Seattle

Have you performed in a concert? Yes

Old 04-26-2022, 08:01 AM

1,847 posts, read 833,583 times
Is your cell phone an Android or an iPhone? Iphone

When did you get your first cell phone? 16 years ago.

Do you use your phone for email? For checking yes for creating no.

Have you used your phone to post on City-Data? Nope

Have you ever used a megaphone? Yeah

Did you ever try connecting two tin cans with a string to see whether that would work as a telephone? yeah, the disappointment.

Have you ever placed a glass against a wall or door, and then placed your ear against the glass, in an attempt to eavesdrop on a conversation taking place on the other side of the wall or door? Nope

BONUS QUESTIONS

Can you play the piano, even if only just "Chopsticks"? Nope

What's your favorite music genre? Favorite overall Rock / Genre with my favorite songs: Different types of electronic.

Have you taken music lessons? Tried joining band in JR. high and was horrible, so didn't bother with lessons.

Did you have music class in elementary school? Nope

Rate your personal rhythm between zero and 10, with 10 being most excellent. 3

Have you ever heard a handbell choir perform? Nope

What was the last concert (any type) that you attended? Probably the Dallas Symphony but it was a long time ago. Would like to attend a George Strait concert but tickets are ridiculously expensive.

Have you performed in a concert? No

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics