Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2022, 10:20 AM

24,532 posts, read 26,085,445 times

Advertisements

1. What food have you recently started eating often?
Chicken and ice cream.

2. How often do you wash your car?
When I can't stand the sight of it or I;m taking a trip.

3. Did you ever catch a fish? Bait your own hook? Take the fish off the hook? Eat it?
I only recall catching one.

4. Have you been in a boat alone, away from shore?

5. Snickers, Kit Kat or Hershey?
Kit Kat, became a fan when a mysterious box was delivered to the house full of Kit Kats.

6. Have you seen a solar or lunar eclipse?
Yes

7. In your life, how many live wild snakes have you seen? Any venomous ones?
Not many, only 1 venomous.

8. What is the longest you have ever gone without seeing a parent, child or sibling?
3 weeks.

9. Have you ever formally attended a convention?
Several

10. Who is your favorite pro athlete"
No favorite.

Happy birthday to my dad, who'da been 122.

Thanx arr430, well done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2022, 11:57 AM

7,253 posts, read 7,107,068 times
Questions for Monday, October 3.

every time it rains.

3. Did you ever catch a fish? Bait your own hook? Take the fish off the hook? Eat it?

Yes. Yes. Yes. No.

A few dozen. And yes.

8. What is the longest you have ever gone without seeing a parent, child or sibling?

Years.

don't watch sports

Old 10-03-2022, 03:15 PM

44,390 posts, read 20,116,836 times
1. What food have you recently started eating often? Hmm. I can't think of anything that I've only recently started eating.

2. How often do you wash your car? Depends on how much rain we get and how much driving I do on roads where lots of dirt gets kicked up by other vehicles. Now that I'm retired and don't drive nearly as much as I used to, my car rarely needs washing. I think I only washed it twice this year.

3. Did you ever catch a fish? Yep. Used to love fishing with my dad when I was growing up and in my early adult years. Bait your own hook? Yep. Always baited my own hook. We normally used nightcrawlers or minnows. Take the fish off the hook? Yeppers. Eat it? Yes. There's nothing like freshly-caught lake trout cooked in butter in an iron skillet. We also ate bass and perch that we'd caught. If the fish weren't big enough or we caught a species we didn't want to eat, we'd release them back into the lake.

4. Have you been in a boat alone, away from shore? Yes; in a rowboat, but not far from shore. I've been in a solo kayak, but with other kayakers nearby.

5. Snickers, Kit Kat or Hershey? Hershey Special Dark, please. I like Kit Kat, too; don't like Snickers at all.

6. Have you seen a solar or lunar eclipse? Yes to both.

7. In your life, how many live wild snakes have you seen? Probably a hundred or so. Where I grew up, it was fairly common to see garter snakes. Any venomous ones? Just once. I saw a water moccasin on a friend's property in rural Indiana.

8. What is the longest you have ever gone without seeing a parent, child or sibling? Haven't seen my dad since he died in January 1998. Haven't seen my mom since she died in July 1971. Longest I went without seeing my older brother was probably about 2.5 years. Longest I've gone without seeing my older sister is a couple of weeks when I've been gone on vacations.

9. Have you ever formally attended a convention? Yes. When I was the equivalent of President in a large organization I belong to (related to Shriners), I represented my chapter at the North American convention in Winnipeg. That was in 2002. It was a lot of work, some fun, and a great experience.

10. Who is your favorite pro athlete" Walter Payton, Chicago Bears (RIP).

Happy birthday to my dad, who'da been 122. Happy bday to your dad. My dad would've turned 103 last month. Thanks for the questions!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 10-03-2022, 06:10 PM
bjh

60,147 posts, read 30,468,905 times
Watermelon for summer. Pumpkin pie for fall.
How often does it rain?
Yep.
Yep.
Kit kat.
Both.
Many. Yes, cottonmouth snakes, for instance.
About a year.
Not yet.
Jim Thorpe.

I'm gonna need help blowing out the candles.

Old 10-03-2022, 06:41 PM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 3 days ago)

16,092 posts, read 21,222,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post

1. What food have you recently started eating often? Grapes

2. How often do you wash your car? Not often enough

3. Did you ever catch a fish? Bait your own hook? Take the fish off the hook? Eat it? Once

4. Have you been in a boat alone, away from shore? Completely alone no, with one friend, often.

5. Snickers, Kit Kat or Hershey? Snickers (or Payday)

6. Have you seen a solar or lunar eclipse? Yes to both, many times

7. In your life, how many live wild snakes have you seen? Quite a few having lived in the country. Any venomous ones? Cottonmouth in the water

8. What is the longest you have ever gone without seeing a parent, child or sibling? Estranged from a parent, so a lot of years.

9. Have you ever formally attended a convention? No

10. Who is your favorite pro athlete" I don't like most sports

Thx

Old 10-03-2022, 08:01 PM

14,824 posts, read 8,160,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post

Can't think of any different really.
I don't, LOL
Tried fishing decades ago, I don't have enough patience for it and don't really like doing it.
My husband and Son like to fish though.

Away from shore yes, but not alone.
None

A few, but it's been a long time....no poisonous ones in the wild that I can recall
My Dad died in 2010, so I haven't seen him in 12 years, I didn't see my Mom for years during COVID Pandemic, because she refused to get a COVID Vaccine, she is in her 80's with multiple health issues including diabetes(she lives in another city)...because I didn't want to make her sick, no siblings.
Long ago

Thanks ARR!

Old 10-04-2022, 08:42 AM

1,389 posts, read 624,944 times

Better late than never

1. What food have you recently started eating often? Been making soup

2. How often do you wash your car? When it gets really dirty

3. Did you ever catch a fish? Bait your own hook? Take the fish off the hook? Eat it? N/A

4. Have you been in a boat alone, away from shore? No

5. Snickers, Kit Kat or Hershey? KitKat

6. Have you seen a solar or lunar eclipse? No

7. In your life, how many live wild snakes have you seen? A guess, about 8. Also eaten snake in Thailand. Didn't want to but didn't want to be rude, not one to yuck someone's yumAny venomous ones? Not that I know of, unless the one I ate was

8. What is the longest you have ever gone without seeing a parent, child or sibling? Havent seen my brother since COVID

9. Have you ever formally attended a convention? Yes

10. Who is your favorite pro athlete", Don't have one

Seize the Day

Old 10-07-2022, 05:24 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,016,108 times
Nothing new

I better plead the fifth.

Yes to all many times while growing up. Have not been fishing for over 40 years

Does being alone in a stateroom on a boat count?

Kit Kat

I have

Seen a few. That was a few too many. I did not stick around and ask the snake if itr was venomous

Maybe 5 years

Nope

Don't know if they are "pro" but only 2 really have my respect. Both are ironman competitors.

Julie Moss... Was winning the lady's division when she collapsed insight of the finish line. Even though she was then passed, she crawled the rest of the way and finished the race.

Dick Hoyt...Finished the Hawaiian Ironman Triathlon with his disabled son with him.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics