Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2022, 11:15 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,593,936 times

Advertisements

Questions for Monday, October 3.

1. What food have you recently started eating often?

2. How often do you wash your car?

3. Did you ever catch a fish? Bait your own hook? Take the fish off the hook? Eat it?

4. Have you been in a boat alone, away from shore?

5. Snickers, Kit Kat or Hershey?

6. Have you seen a solar or lunar eclipse?

7. In your life, how many live wild snakes have you seen? Any venomous ones?

8. What is the longest you have ever gone without seeing a parent, child or sibling?

9. Have you ever formally attended a convention?

10. Who is your favorite pro athlete"

Happy birthday to my dad, who'da been 122.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2022, 11:18 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,790,619 times

None. I'm doing the opposite.

Well, she's looking pretty rough because she's old but like....never? I can't do it and I've just been too busy here lately to have it done. But this week it's take care of Josephine week to pamper and rest.

3. Did you ever catch a fish? Bait your own hook? Take the fish off the hook? Eat it?
Yes, yes, yes and yes LOL. I grew up on the coast so feeshing was required.

No not away from shore but I used to sneak into yachts and sailboats and hang out while their owners were partying on the boardwalk.

Hands down, Kit Kat. Just not right now.

Yes, both. We experienced the solar eclipse in 2017, we were some of the few who got to experience it. It was really weird and trippy. I have it on video where it was changing from light to dark. It was really cool. "Path of totality" was right here in my front yard. If I knew how to post a video I would do that. I struggle hard with technology.

Many. They are very prevalent in NC and SC. Yes, water moccasins, copperheads etc. and green and black snakes, which are harmless.

8. What is the longest you have ever gone without seeing a parent, child or sibling?
Oh dear, I could go on for days about that but I'll just say that I spent 34 days without seeing or talking to a soul. It was a cleansing thing, and I was better for it.

Yeah, but not by choice.

Joe Montana, I don't care if he's old now. I am NOT a sports fan at all but he was different, it was a personal thing between us.

Sorry about your Dad, 122 huh? I guess that would mean you're 20?

Thanks arr great questions!

Last edited by Northsouth; 10-02-2022 at 11:46 PM..

Old 10-02-2022, 11:33 PM

18,209 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post

1. What food have you recently started eating often?more green veggies!more peaches and watermelon too!

2. How often do you wash your car? Not very often, water is a critical issue where I live.

3. Did you ever catch a fish? Bait your own hook? Take the fish off the hook? Eat it?yes to all 3, in fact a couple days ago I yanked out a catfish out of the Colorado River, I live a half mile away.

4. Have you been in a boat alone, away from shore?yes

5. Snickers, Kit Kat or Hershey?all of the above!

6. Have you seen a solar or lunar eclipse?both

7. In your life, how many live wild snakes have you seen? Any venomous ones?several, in fact I worked on a pipeline that went from the Colorado Rockies through eastern New Mexico, saw lots of snakes.lots. This was in 1982.

8. What is the longest you have ever gone without seeing a parent, child or sibling?on the above job. 6 days a week, 12 hours per. for the last 3 months on the job until completion. On job completion I was 420 miles from home.

9. Have you ever formally attended a convention?yes, several

10. Who is your favorite pro athlete"baseball-Mickey Mantle--football Johnny Unitas

Have a great week everyone!

Old 10-03-2022, 01:25 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,593,936 times
My own answers

----- Prawns and roasted peppers

------At times, the lifetime of the car. If I get a fill-up freebie, I might to feel smug

------ Alll, but not since 1980 or so. Its not the same anymore.

------ Only once I can recall, about 12.

------ Kit

kat

------ Total solar, Guatemala. Not many lunars

8. What is the longest you have ever gone without seeing a parent, child or sibling? I think, mi sister, 8 years, , I didn't go home much atter Mom died. In the landline era, abroad, I went 3 years without hearing the voice of any of them.

------ Gary Hart delegate at state nominating convention. But never a professional one. Went to an international film festival in Algiers.

----- Solly Hemus. baseball. Troy Polamalu football. Manu Ginobili, bask.

Sat Goodnight, Gracie.

Old 10-03-2022, 01:47 AM

30,488 posts, read 16,198,344 times
Quote:

broccoli

you mean they're washable? who knew!

baited and caught but it was a little thing so back in the water it went.

a canoe.

kitkat please

yes

quite a few. Found a copperhead in my garage once.

well, Dad's been dead for 32 yrs.....

nope. I've been very successful at avoiding them.

Not a sports fan but I admire the guys in wheelchairs playing basketball.

Mine would have been 103

Thanks, arr

Old 10-03-2022, 02:48 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times
Good Morning

2. How often do you wash your car? Spring, a couple of times a month due to the pollen. Summer, about once a month. Winter, everytime after it snows to get off all the yucky salt.

3. Did you ever catch a fish? Bait your own hook? Take the fish off the hook? Eat it? Once, I was with my cousins in Florida. I was around 16. Someone else hooked it and took it off. When we got back to the house my Uncle said I needed to help clean the fish or else I would not be able to go fishing again. Um, no thanks I am not cleaning fish--I didn't like fishing anyway!

5. Snickers, Kit Kat or Hershey? Hershey almond bar

6. Have you seen a solar or lunar eclipse? Yes, both

7. In your life, how many live wild snakes have you seen? About five. Any venomous ones? None

8. What is the longest you have ever gone without seeing a parent, child or sibling? My sister, about seven years.

9. Have you ever formally attended a convention? Long ago when I was a Bookstore Manager I attended the National Booksellers Convention. It was fun.

10. Who is your favorite pro athlete? Not a sports person

Another rainy day...

Old 10-03-2022, 03:16 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times

Really expensive food.

Not very often.
Yep, yep , yep, yep.

Alone....hmmh.. not sure.
Hershey what? Whatever it is, I'd probably choose the Hershey something.

Quite a few and yes venomous ones. Diamond back rattlers ,coral snakes, Cottonmouths, Copperheads etc.
Maybe a year.
No, i missed the one back in Chicago back in 2008 to stay and post on CD . lolol
I want to say none or it's hard to choose.
Thanks for the Q's.

Old 10-03-2022, 03:39 AM

11,363 posts, read 9,275,640 times

1. What food have you recently started eating often? - Most recent (about 2 years ago) has to be avocados. I average 1 every other day.

2. How often do you wash your car?- Drive through automatic about 3-4 times per year.

3. Did you ever catch a fish? Bait your own hook? Take the fish off the hook? Eat it? - Once when I was a kid and I don't remember. I dislike going fishing and never went as an adult.

4. Have you been in a boat alone, away from shore? - No.

5. Snickers, Kit Kat or Hershey? - Hershey.

6. Have you seen a solar or lunar eclipse? - Nope.

7. In your life, how many live wild snakes have you seen? Any venomous ones? - I remember seeing 2 that were causing a scene on a walking trail around a lake I used to take about 5 years ago.

8. What is the longest you have ever gone without seeing a parent, child or sibling? - Until fairly recently it was not seeing my only brother in 8 years.

9. Have you ever formally attended a convention? - Yes when I was younger (church-state separation activism).

10. Who is your favorite pro athlete" - I don't have one anymore but going way back I will answer it's a tie between Baltimore Oriole greats who are in the Hall Of Fame Brooks Robinson and Jim Palmer.

Old 10-03-2022, 05:00 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times

Just depending on my location and seasonal availability. Right now I am eating a lot of wild meat, Italian plums, local berries and wild mushrooms. Those are my favorites. Won't have any of that when back in Texas.

When is dirty and/or i am around my car dealer where I have free washes.

Very long time, when I was much younger. Now I am buying fish freshly catched by local fishers.

Yes. Many times. I was into yachting.

None of that.

Both. The last total solar eclipse in 1999 - I travelled to Hungary to see it. The next and only solar eclipse visible in Europe in this century will be in Iceland 2026 and 2027 in South Spain. To see it there would be awesome!

Maybe 2-3. All in Texas, of course.

A year or less.

Many times. Work related. Twice I was a speaker on a small, local convention.

Right now - Iga ÅšwiÄ…tek. She is currently ranked world No. 1 by the Women's Tennis Association and from my home country.

Happy birthday to your dad!!
Thank you for the questions!!
Wishing all peeps an awesome week

Old 10-03-2022, 06:08 AM

126,264 posts, read 19,031,286 times
Quote:

1. What food have you recently started eating often? The past few month I have been enjoying a lot of seafood while staying at BC West Coast

2. How often do you wash your car? Whenever needed

3. Did you ever catch a fish? Yes when I was a little kid Bait your own hook? Yes I was taught by my uncle Take the fish off the hook? I don't think so my uncle did Eat it? At that time being a little kid I begged my uncle with tears in my eyes not to take the fish home for dinner,rather release it and he did...well my fish he released

4. Have you been in a boat alone, away from shore? Never alone

5. Snickers, Kit Kat or Hershey? None

6. Have you seen a solar or lunar eclipse? Yes

7. In your life, how many live wild snakes have you seen? I have seen many Garter snakes,few Eastern milksnakes.In the Punjab I saw a few kind of snakes from the distance around the fields Any venomous ones? Yes a spectacled cobra in the Punjab India

8. What is the longest you have ever gone without seeing a parent, child or sibling? A year or so

9. Have you ever formally attended a convention? No

10. Who is your favorite pro athlete" My favorite soccer/Fußball player was Franz Beckenbauer

Thank you arr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics