Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 08:01 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,687 posts, read 81,491,960 times

Advertisements

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever gone snow sledding? Yes, but not in many years.

Have you ridden on a toboggan? Yes, again long ago.

How about snow skiing: been there, done that? Yes, was in the ski club in high school, and did a lot of skiing in the California-Nevada Sierras.

Have you engaged in a snowball fight? Oh yes.

I've never walked in snowshoes. Have you? No

Did you ever build a snow fort or igloo? No

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like soups? Yes, several kinds.

When did you last enjoy a bowl of soup? Last week

What is your favorite kind of soup? Split Pea

Do you ever make soup from scratch? Always, I never use canned.

Crackers with your soup: yes or no? If yes, do you crumble crackers into the soup? Yes, and yes!

I like my soups scalding hot, even if I burn my mouth on it. Do you ever burn your mouth when you eat soup? Yes, almost every time.

Have you ever eaten a cold soup such as gazpacho or borscht? No

How many canned soups do you presently have on your shelf, and what kinds are they? One, Campbell's Fiesta Nacho Cheese, we use it not as soup but in a chicken dish.

Do you have any soups in your freezer? Yes, 2-3 kinds in quart containers.

These questions are making me hungry! I think I'll make a pot of soup tomorrow. Now, I just need to decide which kind. Split pea with ham hocks, perhaps. Yum! I also like to use Linguica instead of ham hocks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2022, 09:39 AM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 3 days ago)

16,092 posts, read 21,217,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

After record-breaking high temps (mid-70s) just a few days ago, it was only 26 when I got up this morning and tonight we are expecting our first measurable snow of the season. I love snow, but admit that I'm glad to be retired and not having to deal with driving 29 miles in snow to get to the office. I can enjoy it from the comfort of my home.

Have you ever gone snow sledding? Have you ridden on a toboggan? How about snow skiing: been there, done that? Have you engaged in a snowball fight? Did you ever build a snow fort or igloo? Yes to all of the above, winter in the upper midwest and I loved it.Our toboggan run was a snow covered sand dune that ended in Lake Michigan if you weren't careful!

I've never walked in snowshoes. Have you? As kids we tried to walk around in some adult size snowshoes someone's parents had, it was not very successful.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like soups? Mostly, simple broths don't do much for me though.

When did you last enjoy a bowl of soup? Last week I had some chipotle corn chowder with corn muffins

What is your favorite kind of soup? Corn Chowder, potato soup of any kind, broccoli cheese soup, basically cream based soups

Do you ever make soup from scratch? When the mood strikes and I have leftovers on hand

Crackers with your soup: yes or no? Sometimes. If yes, do you crumble crackers into the soup? If there are crackers they ARE crumbled, to make the soup thicker

I like my soups scalding hot, even if I burn my mouth on it. Do you ever burn your mouth when you eat soup? No

Have you ever eaten a cold soup such as gazpacho or borscht? I have, and a cold blueberry soup once too, yummm

How many canned soups do you presently have on your shelf, and what kinds are they? I keep a lot of soup for emergencies, so I probably have over two dozen at the moment, all those I mentioned above plus different types of bean and lentil soups

Do you have any soups in your freezer? Not at the moment

Do you have any dry soup mixes in your pantry? Not that I actually use to make soup

These questions are making me hungry! I think I'll make a pot of soup tomorrow. Now, I just need to decide which kind. Split pea with ham hocks, perhaps. Yum!

That's all the questions for now, friends. Have an excellent Tuesday, and don't forget to do something nice for someone before it's over.

~ Life's a gift. Don't waste it. ~
Rate this post positively
thx

Old 11-15-2022, 11:04 AM

24,529 posts, read 26,081,068 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

After record-breaking high temps (mid-70s) just a few days ago, it was only 26 when I got up this morning and tonight we are expecting our first measurable snow of the season. I love snow, but admit that I'm glad to be retired and not having to deal with driving 29 miles in snow to get to the office. I can enjoy it from the comfort of my home.

Have you ever gone snow sledding?

Have you ridden on a toboggan?

How about snow skiing: been there, done that?

Have you engaged in a snowball fight?

I've never walked in snowshoes. Have you?

Did you ever build a snow fort or igloo?

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like soups?

When did you last enjoy a bowl of soup?
Last week.

What is your favorite kind of soup?
albondigas and French onion.

Do you ever make soup from scratch?
Wife has

Crackers with your soup: yes or no? If yes, do you crumble crackers into the soup?
Rarely and depends on the soup and they are crumbled.

I like my soups scalding hot, even if I burn my mouth on it. Do you ever burn your mouth when you eat soup?

Have you ever eaten a cold soup such as gazpacho or borscht?
Yes, gazpacho.

How many canned soups do you presently have on your shelf, and what kinds are they?

Do you have any soups in your freezer?

Do you have any dry soup mixes in your pantry?

These questions are making me hungry! I think I'll make a pot of soup tomorrow. Now, I just need to decide which kind. Split pea with ham hocks, perhaps. Yum!

That's all the questions for now, friends. Have an excellent Tuesday, and don't forget to do something nice for someone before it's over.
Thanx Pammy, time of the year to start making some soups a chilies for the freezer.

Old 11-15-2022, 11:16 AM

18,760 posts, read 11,822,947 times
[quote=PJSaturn;64452526]Greetings one and all! Scroll on down to see what I came up with for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Every year with the shorties
Yes.
I really miss skiing.
Every year on the first snow fall I would hide in the yard and bombard John. Every year he would forget that I was going to do this.
No I haven't, but I'd like to do that.
Yes. It's a lot of work.
BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like soups?

I made bean and ham right after Halloween.
New England Clam Chowder.
All the time.
Crackers with your soup: yes or no? If yes, do you crumble crackers into the soup?
Yes and yes.
I like my soups scalding hot, even if I burn my mouth on it. Do you ever burn your mouth when you eat soup?
No. That hurts.
Not yet.
How many canned soups do you presently have on your shelf, and what kinds are they?

Hope. It doesn't last here.
No way.

Thanks Pam.

My crazy possum was in my neighbors yard waste bag eating tomatoes in their garage. I wondered why she didn't show up Saturday night. I had to transfer her into a cozy box full of paper shavings where she stayed under the deck with a towel over it until dusk. I'm going to insulate it and put her food in there. It's so cold and we got our first measurable snow fall with more to come. They don't do well in the cold.

Old 11-15-2022, 12:38 PM

44,388 posts, read 20,113,945 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever gone snow sledding? Yes. My sibs, friends and I spent countless hours sledding during the snowy winters when we were growing up in northwest Indiana. We had so much fun.

Have you ridden on a toboggan? I've done this a few times.

How about snow skiing: been there, done that? I've only been snow skiing once, back in the mid-1970s. It was in Lacrosse, Wisconsin. Since I was a beginner, I stuck to the bunny hills most of the day while my boyfriend, an experienced skier, skied on the "mountain." Toward the end of the day, when I'd gained some confidence and had "snow plowing" down, my boyfriend talked me into riding the chair lift to one of the higher points on the mountain. When I got to the top, I was scared to death! It sure looked a lot steeper from up there. I was so afraid I'd get going too fast and would lose control, so I sat down and scooted on my butt till I was about halfway down the slope. Then I stood up and successfully skied down to the bottom. I would have loved to ski again after that day, but never had another opportunity to go on a ski trip.

Have you engaged in a snowball fight? Countless times as a kid. Several times as an adult.

I've never walked in snowshoes. Have you? I'd like to try it sometime.

Did you ever build a snow fort or igloo? We did both a lot when I was growin gup.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like soups? Love 'em.

When did you last enjoy a bowl of soup? About 10 minutes ago; the last of a batch of homemade chicken soup that I made several days ago.

What is your favorite kind of soup? I can't choose just one. It depends on my mood. My favorites include: split pea; bean; chicken rice or chicken noodle; mushroom; beef vegetable; pumpkin.

Do you ever make soup from scratch? Yepper. I really enjoy making soups, including all those I named above. A couple of weeks ago I made pumpkin soup for the first time, and it was super delicious. I'll make it again soon.

Crackers with your soup: yes or no? If yes, do you crumble crackers into the soup? I do like crackers with soup, but I don't crush them into the soup.

I like my soups scalding hot, even if I burn my mouth on it. Do you ever burn your mouth when you eat soup? Yep. Frequently.

Have you ever eaten a cold soup such as gazpacho or borscht? I have, but I much prefer hot soups.

How many canned soups do you presently have on your shelf, and what kinds are they? I have a few cans of Campbell's cream soups, in case they're called for in a recipe. I only used canned soups for recipes.

Do you have any soups in your freezer? Yeppers. Right now I have single-serve containers of homemade chicken rice soup, mushroom soup and split pea soup in my freezer.

Do you have any dry soup mixes in your pantry? No. On rare occasions I do buy dry soup mixes and when I prepare them I add a bunch of ingredients to make them more homemade-tasting.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-16-2022, 06:03 AM

9,742 posts, read 14,300,385 times
WHOOPS! My GPS must not be working. I was looking for Wednesday's .... Questions of the Day!

Old 11-17-2022, 04:44 AM

1,388 posts, read 624,944 times
Per a request on this QOTD, my basic and very simple base butternut squash soup, or use any other vegetable, pumpkin, carrots, peas beans, etc.

4-1/2 tbs EVOO
1 lg onion chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
1 butternut squash
1 potato peeled and diced. NOTE: I keep the skin
2 cups vegetable stock, or chicken bone broth. Sometimes I mixed the 2
2 cups of milk, or 1/2-1/2
1/4 cup parmesan cheese or to taste.
salt and pepper to taste.

In a large pot, warmed, add EVOO and sauté the onion for 3 minutes then add garlic and sauté another 2 minutes. Add Butternut squash and potato and sauté for 5 more minutes.

Pour the stock or broth bring to boil, reduce heat to low {I cover mine} and simmer for 20 minutes or till all vegetables are soft.

Add milk or 1/2-1/2 and parm cheese. Salt and pepper. Blend well. Let cool a little bit and put concoction in a blender.

A nice bread compliments the soup.

Old 11-18-2022, 03:10 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,015,462 times
Let's see now, 7 years living in Montana and 41 years living in Alaska. Chances are good I have gone sledding.

Yup

Never have and never will

See my answer to the first question

Nope

Sure have

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like soups?
Some

Several months ago

Clam Chowder

No

No

No. I save that pleasure for when I eat pizza

No

A few clam chowder

No

No

Old 12-01-2022, 01:35 AM

2 posts, read 1,494 times
"Have you ever gone snow sledding?

Yes, I have sledded before. It's great fun!

I have ridden on a toboggan before with my family. It's a lot of fun!

I love snow skiing! I went for the first time when I was a child and it was so much fun. I would love to go again sometime.

I have, and it was a blast! I love how playful and fun snowball fights can be.

I have not, but it looks like it would be a fun way to explore the snow.

Yes, I have. It's actually quite fun. If you have never done it before, I highly recommend giving it a try. It's a great way to spend some time outdoors in the winter.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like soups?
I love all types of soup! Some of my favourites include minestrone and lentil soup.

I thoroughly enjoyed a bowl of soup yesterday. It was a delicious way to warm up on a chilly day.

What is your favourite kind of soup?
I love all kinds of soup, but my favourite is probably minestrone. It's a hearty soup with a lot of different vegetables and a great flavour.

I do make soup from scratch occasionally. It's not as difficult as you might think, and it's always satisfying to enjoy a homemade meal.

I definitely enjoy crackers with my soup. I usually crumble them into the soup so that they get nice and soft.

I like my soups scalding hot, even if I burn my mouth on them. Do you ever burn your mouth when you eat soup?
No, I don't typically burn my mouth when I eat soup. I usually take small bites and blow on them to cool them down before taking a big spoonful.

Yes, I have eaten both gazpacho and borscht before. They are both delicious and refreshing, especially on a hot day.

I currently have four canned soups on my shelf. They are chicken noodles, beef stew, minestrone, and tomatoes.

Yes, I have a few soups in my freezer.

I wrote these experiences in my blog,Norma Walton
, I think you guys will find them interesting, so go check it out when you have a chance!
"

Last edited by normajeanwalton; 12-01-2022 at 01:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics