Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2022, 11:31 PM

44,695 posts, read 61,856,330 times

Advertisements

Saturday's Questions:

-Do you like being outdoors on windy days? Yes when I was a kid to fly my kites. Nowadays no.

-Is your luggage a complete matching set or a mixture of whatever was on sale? They sorta match, bought at different times but close enough to a match.

-Have you ever had to wait for a draw-bridge to lower so you could cross? Yes in Florida.

-Do you drive on toll roads? None here, but have a few times in some central states.

-Ever driven past a toll booth without paying and not have a toll pass? One time and I got a pass on it because of out of state plates .

Well, that does it for now. Time to examine a can of cheap beer to see if there is anything I can use for Sunday's questions.
Rate this post positively
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2022, 11:46 PM

37,821 posts, read 41,136,907 times
Saturday's Questions:

-Do you like being outdoors on windy days? Only if I'm not taking photos of birds.

-Is your luggage a complete matching set or a mixture of whatever was on sale? Now that I don't travel for work and all of my trip taking is by car, I use duffel bags.

-Have you ever had to wait for a draw-bridge to lower so you could cross? Yes.

-Do you drive on toll roads? Haven't been on a toll road since the Jersey Turnpike in 2009.

-Ever driven past a toll booth without paying and not have a toll pass? Twice. Once, I accidently went to one that wasn't open and didn't know what to do when I stopped to pay but no one was in the booth. I kept waiting to hear a police siren as I drove through. Never did. The second time was more recent. They pulled the toll booth takers off the Chesapeake Bay Bridge in favor of billing drivers by mail after photographing your plate. When I got back from my trip, I kept waiting to be billed. Didn't happen. I emailed various Maryland government agencies because I knew I was going back the following year and didn't want to be on some "fugitive non-toll payer" list during not friendly to out-of-staters Covid times. After giving me the runaround no one could tell me how to pay my toll. So, the following year I got a bill from Maryland for that year and the previous year with 2 photos of my car. No penalty. Total bill $12.

Old 11-19-2022, 12:03 AM

12,685 posts, read 3,002,511 times
Saturday's Questions:

-Do you like being outdoors on windy days?
It depends.
-Is your luggage a complete matching set or a mixture of whatever was on sale?
Does anyone buy complete sets anymore?
-Have you ever had to wait for a draw-bridge to lower so you could cross?
Yes, in Florida.
-Do you drive on toll roads?
Once in a while.
-Ever driven past a toll booth without paying and not have a toll pass?
No.They take a license plate pic anyway. No one can get away with that.

Old 11-19-2022, 01:01 AM

9,755 posts, read 14,328,133 times
Saturday's Questions:

-Do you like being outdoors on windy days? I'm not crazy about it, but my job has to be done. Yesterday was very windy, and I wore my quilted "snowman coat" with hood, and large inside pockets, big enough for my tape measure, pencils, camera, and laser measuring device. That's the best work coat I ever bought, cheap, at WalMart! Freezing weather makes my job more difficult than wind, because pens don't work and, for outside work, tape measure pins don't stick in frozen ground.

-Is your luggage a complete matching set or a mixture of whatever was on sale? I think they match, but they've been up in the attic for over 20 years, unused.

-Have you ever had to wait for a draw-bridge to lower so you could cross? Yes

-Do you drive on toll roads? If necessary

-Ever driven past a toll booth without paying and not have a toll pass? No. The toll pass on my windshield is handy.

Thanks, AM

Last edited by rdlr; 11-19-2022 at 01:16 AM..

Old 11-19-2022, 04:26 AM

1,407 posts, read 636,037 times
Greetings. Been sunny and breezy the past few days. The leaves are really falling from the trees. And the questions are crappy as usual.

Morning. Chilly 29 here in the NE

Saturday's Questions:

-Do you like being outdoors on windy days? I do, especially if there's light snow whirling along with it.

-Is your luggage a complete matching set or a mixture of whatever was on sale? A mismatch of whatever in on sale at TJMaxx or Marshalls, the wife picks them out.

-Have you ever had to wait for a draw-bridge to lower so you could cross? Yes, a few. One in particular I detest is in Brickell {Miami} whose only purpose is to let the billionaires' yachts go through. Some for something as crazy their antennas are too tall. Depending on the size the wait can be up to 15, 20 minutes. The traffic stoppage is horrendous. The people in the area have been trying to get that bridge closed for boat traffic for years, but you know, money talks.

-Do you drive on toll roads? Yes

-Ever driven past a toll booth without paying and not have a toll pass? Yes, usually when my vehicle comes back from service and I forget to attach the EZ-Pass

Well, that does it for now. Time to examine a can of cheap beer to see if there is anything I can use for Sunday's questions.

Thanks and Cheers.

Enjoy the weekend, all.

Old 11-19-2022, 05:53 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,294,953 times
Thank you, Alaskan Mutt!

-Do you like being outdoors on windy days? Yes, I love it. But I have indestructible hair.

-Is your luggage a complete matching set or a mixture of whatever was on sale? It's a matching set. But the set was on sale!

-Have you ever had to wait for a draw-bridge to lower so you could cross? Yes.

-Do you drive on toll roads? Sometimes.

-Ever driven past a toll booth without paying and not have a toll pass? No.

Old 11-19-2022, 06:05 AM

126,405 posts, read 19,156,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Greetings. Been sunny and breezy the past few days. The leaves are really falling from the trees. And the questions are crappy as usual.

Saturday's Questions:

-Do you like being outdoors on windy days?............Not too much

-Is your luggage a complete matching set or a mixture of whatever was on sale?............Matching colors

-Have you ever had to wait for a draw-bridge to lower so you could cross?..........Yes

-Do you drive on toll roads?.........Used to occasionally

-Ever driven past a toll booth without paying and not have a toll pass?.........Nope

Thank you Alaskan Mutt

Old 11-19-2022, 07:06 AM

7,995 posts, read 5,421,238 times
Good Morning

Saturday's Questions:

-Do you like being outdoors on windy days? Wind is my least favorite weather element. So, I am not fond of a windy day. A nice breeze is fine. A windy day with trying to fly a kite <--that is a good time for wind! Yesterday, in the windy city of Chicago--oh my with that wind it was COLD!

-Is your luggage a complete matching set or a mixture of whatever was on sale? My carry on and personal item match. The bigger one, no.

-Have you ever had to wait for a draw-bridge to lower so you could cross?

-Do you drive on toll roads? On occassion.

-Ever driven past a toll booth without paying and not have a toll pass? Never do it deliberately. Unfortunately sometimes one has no choice. I try to travel with my EZ pass and hope the state accepts it. It gets a bit funky now with some states only having an "electronic" toll booths. Colorado got me on that. There was a electronic booth in NY where you could pay online <--that I liked.

It is pretty Brrrrrr.... here.

Old 11-19-2022, 07:10 AM

27,416 posts, read 27,457,557 times
My luggage is pretty much mix n match. And I only have 2 sizes. Carry on size and stow size.
Majority of the time I dont need to pack more than a carry on size,
Yes Ive waited for drawbridges, no big deal.
Out here we have toll roads but we have pike passes so no need to stop at tolls.

Happy Saturday everyone.

Old 11-19-2022, 07:30 AM

18,263 posts, read 25,956,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post

Saturday's Questions:

-Do you like being outdoors on windy days? NOO!!

-Is your luggage a complete matching set or a mixture of whatever was on sale?a mixture and a half!

-Have you ever had to wait for a draw-bridge to lower so you could cross?Only once, was traveling from Missouri to Illinois and waited for the drawbridge. Very cool!

-Do you drive on toll roads?not in years, my state has only one and I avoid Denver like the plague anymore!

-Ever driven past a toll booth without paying and not have a toll pass? never

Ooh, a cheap can works for me. The last time I was at a liquor store I thought about some microbrew-opened up my billfold and out comes a middle finger.

Thanks AM!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics