Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 10:47 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,085 times

Advertisements

[quote=PJSaturn;64487905]Greetings, friends! Scroll on down to see what I came up with for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Are there any buttons on the clothes you are wearing right now?
Just two on my pj bottoms.
Have you ever worn cufflinks?
Nope
Do you have a container of buttons at home?
I do.
Have you ever used one of the extra buttons that sometimes come with a new article of clothing?
Nope
If a button falls off your clothing, do you know how to sew it back on, and do you have the needle and thread necessary to do so?
Yes and yes although threading it is a nightmare.
Have you ever used the expression, or do you know anyone who has used the expression, "Button your lip!"?
LOL yes.
Have you played the children's game, "Button, button, who's got the button?"
No.
BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you have any jar candles?
Just one.
Do you have any taper candles?
Two wax skeletons and some wax battery tapers. They are still going in the candelabra from Halloween. They turn themselves on and off. I love them.
What other sorts of candles might you have?
I have battery operated tea lights that have built in timers. They were great for Halloween.
Do you have a candle snuffer?
Nope
What is your favorite candle scent?
Maybe pumpkin spice.
Have you used a plug-in scented oil thingy?

Do you use spray air fresheners?

Do you have an air freshener in your vehicle?

Is there any potpourri in your home?

That's all for today, kiddos. Have a terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over. What the world needs now is love, sweet love.

Thanks Pam.

My act of kindness will have to wait until Thursday. I'm bringing Thanksgiving to our friend's restaurant and feeding their staff as well. None of them have family here and I don't think most people realize what a hard life it is for them. The smiles on their faces when I told them last week was priceless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 02:13 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,049,980 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Are there any buttons on the clothes you are wearing right now? Just one, on my jeans.

Have you ever worn cufflinks? Yes. Long ago (1980s), I had a couple of shirts that I wore with cufflinks.

Do you have a container of buttons at home? Yes. I have an old tin that was my grandmother's and it's filled with buttons. The buttons are ones saved by my grandma, my mom and me.

Have you ever used one of the extra buttons that sometimes come with a new article of clothing? Yes, a few times.

If a button falls off your clothing, do you know how to sew it back on, and do you have the needle and thread necessary to do so? Yeppers.

Have you ever used the expression, or do you know anyone who has used the expression, "Button your lip!"? I may have a few times, but don't recall for sure. My mom used it now and then.

Have you played the children's game, "Button, button, who's got the button?" Yes. When I was very small, I played this with other little kids in my neighborhood. We also played it in my first-grade class at school.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you have any jar candles? Yes. I have several Yankee Candle (R) jar candles and one that's a different brand.

Do you have any taper candles? Yes, but they've gone unused for many years. I don't use tapers on my dining table anymore. If I put candles on the table, they're votives or tea lights.

What other sorts of candles might you have? Votives; tea lights; a couple of sand candles that I made myself.

Do you have a candle snuffer? Yes, a silver plated one. I don't use it often.

What is your favorite candle scent? One of my favorites are Yankee's Balsam & Cedar.

Have you used a plug-in scented oil thingy? No. I had one several years ago, but was unable to find refills for it so I stopped using it and refused to invest in a new one.

Do you use spray air fresheners? I have a couple cans of Febreze air spray.

Do you have an air freshener in your vehicle? Nope.

Is there any potpourri in your home? Yes. I have a bowl of potpourri on a shelf in my living room. I also have a bag of potpourri that I'll put out at Christmastime. It has a piney and spicy smell.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-22-2022, 02:17 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,049,980 times
I know it's too little, too late, but here's a link to instructions for the "Button, button, who's got the button?" game.

https://www.wikihow.com/Play-%22Butt...e-Button%3F%22

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics