Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 05:46 AM

126,387 posts, read 19,145,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
Greetings, friends! Scroll on down to see what I came up with for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Are there any buttons on the clothes you are wearing right now? Yes

Have you ever worn cufflinks? No

Do you have a container of buttons at home? Yes I do

Have you ever used one of the extra buttons that sometimes come with a new article of clothing? Yes

If a button falls off your clothing, do you know how to sew it back on, and do you have the needle and thread necessary to do so? I have a sewing kit and yes I do know how to sew a button back on

Have you ever used the expression, or do you know anyone who has used the expression, "Button your lip!"? Sounds familiar

Have you played the children's game, "Button, button, who's got the button?" Doesn't sound familiar

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you have any jar candles? Yes one

Do you have any taper candles? Yes in white,red,green and blue

What other sorts of candles might you have? Tea candles

Do you have a candle snuffer? No

What is your favorite candle scent? Pine, mulberry and vanilla

Have you used a plug-in scented oil thingy? Never

Do you use spray air fresheners? Never too bad for your health

Do you have an air freshener in your vehicle? No

Is there any potpourri in your home? I make my own potpourri every year around the holiday season

That's all for today, kiddos. Have a terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over. What the world needs now is love, sweet love.

Thank you Pammy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 05:53 AM

1,402 posts, read 633,138 times
Good morning

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Are there any buttons on the clothes you are wearing right now? Yes, pajamas.

Have you ever worn cufflinks? Yes, I have 2 sets I like a lot wear them at weddings, etc.

Do you have a container of buttons at home? The mrs does

Have you ever used one of the extra buttons that sometimes come with a new article of clothing? As a replacement for the one that's missing, then yes

If a button falls off your clothing, do you know how to sew it back on, and do you have the needle and thread necessary to do so? My father grew up in a one parent home after his father died and his mother taught him how to saw a button, mend socks/shirts, iron, etc. I grew up in a one parent home after my mother died, so my father taught me and my brother all of the aforementioned. How we mended socks was to put a round lightbulb under the hole and sew it close, I always saw it as kinda genius.

Have you ever used the expression, or do you know anyone who has used the expression, "Button your lip!"? Never heard of it.

Have you played the children's game, "Button, button, who's got the button?" Never heard of that either

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you have any jar candles? A few in case of emergencies

Do you have any taper candles? I donated them all this past Saturday.

What other sorts of candles might you have? Those long lasting tall ones you get in bodegas.

Do you have a candle snuffer? Used to have a brass one that was donated a long time ago

What is your favorite candle scent?

Have you used a plug-in scented oil thingy? My wife uses that during the Holidays with Holiday scents. Turns it on the lowest settings. The smell gives me a headache, I'm allergic to strong perfumy scents

Do you use spray air fresheners? After COVID there's always Lysol in the house.

Is there any potpourri in your home? No

That's all for today, kiddos. Have a terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over. What the world needs now is love, sweet love.

THX!

Enjoy the day, everyone!

Old 11-22-2022, 06:26 AM

7,398 posts, read 5,512,445 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Are there any buttons on the clothes you are wearing right now? No

Do you have a container of buttons at home? No

Have you ever used one of the extra buttons that sometimes come with a new article of clothing? I don’t remember

If a button falls off your clothing, do you know how to sew it back on, and do you have the needle and thread necessary to do so? Yes

Have you ever used the expression, or do you know anyone who has used the expression, "Button your lip!"? Yes

Have you played the children's game, "Button, button, who's got the button?" Yes

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you have any jar candles? Yes

Do you have any taper candles? Yes

What other sorts of candles might you have? The ones that smell good to me

Do you have a candle snuffer? Yes

What is your favorite candle scent? Yankee Candle-Midsummers Eve scent

Have you used a plug-in scented oil thingy? Yes

Do you use spray air fresheners? Yes

Is there any potpourri in your home? Yes

Thank you!

Old 11-22-2022, 06:44 AM

9,752 posts, read 14,322,916 times
Are there any buttons on the clothes you are wearing right now? No

Do you have a container of buttons at home? No. I threw that container out a few months ago.

Have you ever used one of the extra buttons that sometimes come with a new article of clothing? No

If a button falls off your clothing, do you know how to sew it back on, and do you have the needle and thread necessary to do so? Yes, and Yes

Have you ever used the expression, or do you know anyone who has used the expression, "Button your lip!"? Yes, and I don't like sayings like that

Have you played the children's game, "Button, button, who's got the button?" No

Do you have any jar candles? Yes. A little at a time, I find them and throw them out.

Do you have any taper candles? Yes

What other sorts of candles might you have? None

Do you have a candle snuffer? Yes

What is your favorite candle scent? I'm slowly getting rid of scented candles, because they can be dangerous if I forget to snuff them out. Once in awhile, I insert a Glade Plug In, or Bath & Body Works Plug In, but not often as a lot of them have horrible scents. There's one that's better than most, the Peach one.

Have you used a plug-in scented oil thingy? See Above

Do you use spray air fresheners? Only Lysol

Is there any potpourri in your home? No. I consider that an old 70's thing.

Thanks Pam for the Scented Questions! What fragrance is that???

Old 11-22-2022, 07:24 AM

5,918 posts, read 3,818,205 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Are there any buttons on the clothes you are wearing right now?
No I'm not dressed yet so......

Have you ever worn cufflinks?
I don't remember ever dressing up as a guy

Do you have a container of buttons at home?
LOL yes I do, they're in a tiny little glass jar with a cork lid. I have no idea why I keep them, I rarely sew buttons back on. But for those rare occasions, I have them if I need them. And the jar is cute.

Have you ever used one of the extra buttons that sometimes come with a new article of clothing?
I'm not sure. I think that I have because I save them. They go in the little glass jar too.

If a button falls off your clothing, do you know how to sew it back on, and do you have the needle and thread necessary to do so?
Yes and yes. I have a sewing basket, I guess it's more like a medium sized heart shaped, pin cushion, sewing box thingie. Also very cute.

Have you ever used the expression, or do you know anyone who has used the expression, "Button your lip!"?
lol yes, I was told that many times growing up. I hope I've never said it.

Have you played the children's game, "Button, button, who's got the button?"
No, don't know that one.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you have any jar candles?
Yes quite a few. And other candles/tea lights. I ordered a bunch of candles a couple years ago and I still have some.

Do you have any taper candles?
Yes

What other sorts of candles might you have?
votives, tea lights, some that are asparagus inspired(yes, I bought them because I thought they were....well....."cute".)

Do you have a candle snuffer?
Yeah, me. I used to have a snuffer but I don't know where it is.

Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar.

Have you used a plug-in scented oil thingy?
Once recently and that was enough. The stupid thing leaked, got on my sofa table and all over me. Never again. Plus, they don't even work that well.

Do you use spray air fresheners?
Yes I found one that I really like so I haven't been using my candles lately.

Do you have an air freshener in your vehicle?
LOL I have two of them. I ended up with two holders for smell-good pods from B&B, so I need a lot of those little pods.

Is there any potpourri in your home?
Not anymore.

~~That's the only thing that's there's far too little of~~

Thank you Pam!

Old 11-22-2022, 08:27 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,761 posts, read 81,689,431 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Are there any buttons on the clothes you are wearing right now? No, not one.

Have you ever worn cufflinks? Many years ago when dressed up in a nice suit.

Do you have a container of buttons at home? Not me, but my wife has several.

Have you ever used one of the extra buttons that sometimes come with a new article of clothing? No.

If a button falls off your clothing, do you know how to sew it back on, and do you have the needle and thread necessary to do so? I could, but I ask my wife to do it. She has a "sewing room" with several machines, two with computer embroidery.

Have you ever used the expression, or do you know anyone who has used the expression, "Button your lip!"? Yes, a few times years ago, not recently.

Have you played the children's game, "Button, button, who's got the button?" Never heard of it.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you have any jar candles? No, but we recently one one as a gift.

Do you have any taper candles? Yes, for power outages
What other sorts of candles might you have? Votives.

Do you have a candle snuffer? No

What is your favorite candle scent? Patchouli

Have you used a plug-in scented oil thingy? No

Do you use spray air fresheners? Febreze

Is there any potpourri in your home? No, I wouldn't allow it. I hate that smell, and avoid going into parts of craft stores because of it.

Old 11-22-2022, 08:33 AM

5,614 posts, read 6,556,372 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Are there any buttons on the clothes you are wearing right now? Yes, one on the waist of my jeans along with the zipper to close them.

Have you ever worn cufflinks? Hmmmmm, I may have "back in the day" if it was a fashion statement for females. I really don't remember.

Do you have a container of buttons at home? Yes. In my hand sewing/mending kit. I cut the buttons off of clothes that are not viable. I can use them in my scrapbooking projects if desired.

Have you ever used one of the extra buttons that sometimes come with a new article of clothing? Yes, I believe I have, once or twice.

If a button falls off your clothing, do you know how to sew it back on, and do you have the needle and thread necessary to do so? Yes. I did learn that in Home Ec.

Have you ever used the expression, or do you know anyone who has used the expression, "Button your lip!"? I prolly have in the past.

Have you played the children's game, "Button, button, who's got the button?" Heard of it, don't know if I ever played.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you have any jar candles? Yes. One. Have decided to get away from the melts and just use candles that are easy to change scents and store away.

Do you have any taper candles? Not any more.

What other sorts of candles might you have? I am a sucker for the melts. Darn it, it requires me to keep and store large, decorative candle melters.

Do you have a candle snuffer? No. Is on my "list" of gifts for me to give to someone as there is not much I need or want at this point in my life. I am trying to keep "stuff" downsized to just what I need or use.

What is your favorite candle scent? I love Yankee Candle's "(Fresh) Cut Grass" but it has been discontinued and is very pricey when found on Ebay. It really does smell like the real thing.

Have you used a plug-in scented oil thingy? No.

Do you use spray air fresheners? I use Lysol Linen Scent to freshen my bedding between sheet changes.

Do you have an air freshener in your vehicle? Yes. I use the Glade or Renuzit gel air fresheners that used to be .97 cents, but are now $1.25. I refuse to pay the inflated cost of the "specialty" car air fresheners. What a rip-off.

Is there any potpourri in your home? Not unless you count the crushed scented stuff you leave in the package and put it your dresser drawers or open and put in your vaccum cleaner bag/sprinkle on your floor/carpet when vacuuming.

That's all for today, kiddos. Have a terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over. What the world needs now is love, sweet love. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Old 11-22-2022, 08:51 AM

3,211 posts, read 1,060,497 times
Good morning.

No.
No.
Yes.
Have you ever used one of the extra buttons that sometimes come with a new article of clothing?
Yes.
If a button falls off your clothing, do you know how to sew it back on, and do you have the needle and thread necessary to do so?
Yes.
Have you ever used the expression, or do you know anyone who has used the expression, "Button your lip!"?
No.
No.
No.
Yes.
Very small ones, one that is huge and a few with batteries.
No.
I like a few. Lavender, some Indian scents etc.
No.
Never. I don't like toxins in my lungs. But I use orange peel, lemon peel. Fresh, in a small container, in the bathroom, kitchen etc.
No.
Dried lavender in a small glass container. In the bedroom. That's all.

Thanks.

Old 11-22-2022, 08:56 AM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 14 days ago)

16,120 posts, read 21,267,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Are there any buttons on the clothes you are wearing right now? NO

Have you ever worn cufflinks? NO

Do you have a container of buttons at home? NO

Have you ever used one of the extra buttons that sometimes come with a new article of clothing? Yes, several times, I am hard on shirtfront buttons, always getting them caught and pulling them off.

If a button falls off your clothing, do you know how to sew it back on, and do you have the needle and thread necessary to do so? Indeed, a basic skill my mother taught me at her knee.

Have you played the children's game, "Button, button, who's got the button?" Maybe as a wee child, I've heard of it and it seems vaguely familiar.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you have any jar candles? Yes

Do you have any taper candles? I think I have a pair that got tossed into the junk drawer years ago

What other sorts of candles might you have? A couple of votives, and some tea candles

Do you have a candle snuffer? No, but I think some of them are pretty neat, I'd like to have an antique one.

What is your favorite candle scent? Lilacs, or sometimes the 'baking scented' types, although those can be iffy and fake smelling

Have you used a plug-in scented oil thingy? I have, I don't care for them at all

Do you use spray air fresheners? Never

Do you have an air freshener in your vehicle? The ones I keep forgetting to unwrap and use.

Is there any potpourri in your home? Not in years and years

Thx

Old 11-22-2022, 10:26 AM

24,567 posts, read 26,123,714 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Many, many years ago.

There is a big one in the sewing cabinet.

I do and have done it.

BONUS QUESTIONS

No favorite.

Have, but tossed them.

Lysol in the trash cans, Fabreeeze as necessary.

Thanx Pam, great Q's and message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics