Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2022, 06:52 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,385,392 times

Advertisements

Thank you, arr!

1. Ever lock yourself out of your house? How I used to have a back door that would sometimes lock itself if it slammed. I stepped out onto the patio and the wind blew the door shut and it locked. I had to call the police!
'

2. Your car? How? This was long ago - I don't think I can lock my keys in my car now, to be honest. Not without some effort. But back in the day, I could. I think I took the keys out of the ignition, put them in my purse, and then got out without my purse and locked the doors, locking my purse with the keys inside it, in the car.

3. Did you ever climb in or out a window? Yes, and it was on the second floor! I probably have several times now that I think of it.

4. Are you more likely to cry over a real-life scenario, or a song/movie? More likely to actually cry during a movie but real life can make me cry sometimes.

5. Did you ever see a live owl in the wild? How close have you gotten? Did you hrar one? I have heard one, seen one, and caught a baby owl one time that had fallen out of it's nest. It was actually a sort of scary looking creature.

6. Did you know "Dilbert" was canceller? Did you care? I don't even know what this means. LOL

7. Can you handle Metric pretty well, and convert roughly in your head? Not really - maybe in a pinch. But it would take some effort.

8. Did you ever get caught in a rain and get totally soaked? Oh yes. Recently in fact.

9. As a child, what was your favorite comic book? Favorite newspaer funnies? My favorite comic book was probably "Mad." I loved many comics. The first one that comes to my mind is Calvin and Hobbs, and Garfield.

10. Do you always clean up your plate" No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2022, 07:38 AM

9,781 posts, read 14,349,803 times
1. Ever lock yourself out of your house? How
'Yes. Extra keys to house are hidden outside my house.

2. Your car? No How? Some cars, like mine, won't lock if the keys are inside the car.

3. Did you ever climb in or out a window? Yes, years ago

4. Are you more likely to cry over a real-life scenario, or a song/movie? Real Life. I don't look at sad movies, or listen to sad music.

5. Did you ever see a live owl in the wild? Yes] How close have you gotten? Very close, and I think they're ugly! There are hoot-owls in my back yard, and they've been there for years. They like the English Walnut trees, and they wake me up very early in the morning, about 3 a.m. Did you hear one? Yes

6. Did you know "Dilbert" was canceller? Did you care? No and No

7. Can you handle Metric pretty well, and convert roughly in your head? No

8. Did you ever get caught in a rain and get totally soaked? Yes, often, on my job

9. As a child, what was your favorite comic book? I didn't have a favorite Favorite newspaer funnies? Peanuts

10. Do you always clean up your plate" No, most of the time, I don't.

Thanks arr

Old 11-28-2022, 08:14 AM

5,919 posts, read 3,826,876 times
Questions for Monday, Nov 28, '22

Yes, I locked myself out of my car and my house. Somehow my doors got locked on the Jeep and I got out to check the mail and the door closed and my purse was locked inside. That was a hell of an evening.
'

2. Your car? How?
See above.

3. Did you ever climb in or out a window?
yeah, I used to sneak out the window at night.

4. Are you more likely to cry over a real-life scenario, or a song/movie?
Song/movie. I'm not a crier normally but certain things, like a person or dog or cat dying, tear me up. Makes me think of that movie "A Dog's Purpose"......

5. Did you ever see a live owl in the wild? How close have you gotten? Did you hrar one?
I do hear them occasionally but I've never actually gotten close to one

6. Did you know "Dilbert" was canceller? Did you care?
Didn't even know about it.

7. Can you handle Metric pretty well, and convert roughly in your head?
No. I can't convert in my head, but I do understand it somewhat.

8. Did you ever get caught in a rain and get totally soaked?
Yes, not a good idea to do that in the winter time.

9. As a child, what was your favorite comic book? Favorite newspaer funnies?
I never read comic books or the funnies much, I thought most of it was dull and stupid

10. Do you always clean up your plate"
That's how I was taught so yes, I clean my plate.

Thank you arr

Old 11-28-2022, 08:21 AM

7,414 posts, read 5,524,122 times

1. Ever lock yourself out of your house? How. Once, but we have a spare key hidden in the garage.
'

2. Your car? How? No

3. Did you ever climb in or out a window? No

4. Are you more likely to cry over a real-life scenario, or a song/movie? Movie

5. Did you ever see a live owl in the wild? Yes. How close have you gotten? Not very close. Did you hrar one? Yes, all the time when we are camping.

6. Did you know "Dilbert" was canceller? Did you care? No and no.

7. Can you handle Metric pretty well, and convert roughly in your head? Not at all.

8. Did you ever get caught in a rain and get totally soaked? Yes

9. As a child, what was your favorite comic book? The Archie’s. Favorite newspaer funnies? Nancy.

10. Do you always clean up your plate" most of the time.

Old 11-28-2022, 09:18 AM

18,761 posts, read 11,852,253 times
[quote=arr430;64512812]Questions for Monday, Nov 28, '22

'
Yes The old lock on the back door didn't automatically unlock like the new one does.
2. Your car? How?
Nope.
Yes. One of my oldest childhood friends told me that the Beatles song "She Came in Through The Bathroom Window" reminded him of the time he locked himself out of his house. He needed me to go from the deck into the bathroom. It was scary because he had to push me in and it was a long way to the ground. I was this skinny little thing back then. I got in and started rummaging through the fridge and cabinets with him begging me to let him in. I was laughing and shaking my head no. We laughed about that when I saw him before Covid. Unfortunately he died last March. I'll always think of him when I hear that song now.
Real life. Have never cried over a song or movie. I never cried over my friends death either but I am extremely sad about it.
5. Did you ever see a live owl in the wild? How close have you gotten? Did you hrar one?
Yes, but I got to play with them and fly them at Dalhousie Castle in Scotland. I've heard them as well around here.
Nope didn't know that.
Um nope.
Sure. It was on purpose on a steamy night with warm rain naked in the yard late at night. It's a rare occurrence here and an amazing feeling.
I was never into comics or funnies.
Yes at home because I don't take that much food. At restaurants I just eat half and take the rest home.

Thanks arr.

Old 11-28-2022, 09:18 AM

6,993 posts, read 5,008,078 times
It has been many years but I have locked myself out of my house and at different times, my car. I used to keep a magnetic key box containing a key hidden under my wheel well. I wouldn't feel that it is safe to do now. I've also broken into past cars I have had with a coat hanger. I eventually started using the key to lock the door instead of just pushing the button. Now with the remote locks I have had no issues with getting locked out.

I have frequently climbed in and out of windows from the time I was a child at play. Can't say my Mother liked it.

I climbed out a window a couple months ago. I climb out that particular window onto the roof to wash it. Easier than getting an extension ladder from the barn.

I have rescued, at different times, two barred owls. They were hit by cars. They made full recoveries.

I can't remember the name of my favorite comic book. It was a horror genre. Spooky stories with haunted houses and whatnot. Great illustrations, at least from my viewpoint as a child. Can't say I have ever had a favorite newspaper comic.

Old 11-28-2022, 09:30 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,867 posts, read 81,892,720 times

1. Ever lock yourself out of your house? Yes, absent mindedly shutting the door when the little loch button was turned. Since then I replaced it with one that requires the key to lock from the outside, so I would have they key on me to get back in.

2. Your car? How? No, but my wife has done it several times. Once she even had to have AAA come out to let her back into it. Those were all in cars that had an old-fashioned key, not electronic fobs.

3. Did you ever climb in or out a window? Yes, and got into big trouble, It was in 6th grade, when the history teacher announced an open book exam and most of us had left our books in the homeroom. Unfortunately, I came out the door with my book just as the teacher was about to put his key in the door.

4. Are you more likely to cry over a real-life scenario, or a song/movie? Real Life.

5. Did you ever see a live owl in the wild? How close have you gotten? Did you hear one? Heard a Barred Owl just last night, and have seen one several times. The closest was out the window, about 20 feet away sitting on the fence.

6. Did you know "Dilbert" was cancelled? Did you care? No, and No.

7. Can you handle Metric pretty well, and convert roughly in your head? Yes, but only is small numbers, that I use in my work or hobbies, like 1/8" = .125, 1/4" is .25.

8. Did you ever get caught in a rain and get totally soaked? Um, I live in the Seattle metro, so more often than I would like to admit.

9. As a child, what was your favorite comic book? Uncle Scrooge Favorite newspaper funnies? Li'l Abner

10. Do you always clean up your plate? Yes, always.

Old 11-28-2022, 10:08 AM

24,604 posts, read 26,169,497 times

2. Your car? How?
Yes. Lets just say it was in a moment of passion.

Mabe a little misty eyed.

Yes, I have held 4 baby barn owls and have heard them.

Some papers canceled Dilbert. fortunately, mine didn't.

Not well, but I can fumble thru some conversion that I have worked with.

Wet, yes, soaked, no.

Comic books: Archie Superman abd Jughead. Funnies: Terry and the Pirates, L'll Abner and Little Orphan Annie.

Sometimes, but not always.

[/b]Thanx aar430. Great selection of Q's.[/b]

Old 11-28-2022, 06:30 PM

21,656 posts, read 8,810,677 times
1. Ever lock yourself out of your house? How?
Yes, but it wasn't my house yet. We had signed the papers but didn't have the house keys as escrow had not yet closed. The real estate agent met me there one day and let me in so I could take photos of the interior. Then he left.

When I was finished taking photos I closed the front door and went to the gate at the front porch to let myself out only to find that the gate was locked on the inside. I was trapped! I had no way to get out and no way to call for help because this was in the days before cell phones. And I was due to report for work in less than an hour.

I finally managed to squeeze myself through the gated porch window, which had an iron grille with a diamond design. That was 36 years ago, and to this day I never go out on the front porch without the key in my hand.

2. Your car? How?
I drove a friend to a nearby favorite walking spot, Lake Merced. We had an enjoyable walk, but when we returned to my car I discovered to my horror that my car keys had somehow fallen out of my tiny crossbody bag. Luckily I had my cell phone and was able to call Mr. Bay to come rescue us with a spare key.
Only as described above.
This sounds terrible, but I'm more likely to cry at a sad song or movie.
Yes, one landed on our deck railing outside the kitchen. It was a young Great Horned Owl, and it sat there long enough for me to take a photo. I didn't want to scare the owl off, so I took the shot from inside, and the window screen created a sort of grid effect on the photo.
No, I didn't know that. I used to enjoy that comic strip.
No, not at all. I can't even do Imperial conversions (or any type of math) in my head.
Yes, that's happened.
I liked Donald Duck, Little Lulu, Nancy and Archie comic books. My favorite newspaper funnies were Blondie, Henry, Bringing Up Father, Mutt and Jeff, Popeye and There Outta Be a Law.
10. Do you always clean up your plate
No, I don't. I may still be a growing girl, but if I finished my plate every time I'd start growing in the wrong direction!

Thanks, arr430!

Old 11-28-2022, 08:03 PM

429 posts, read 164,501 times
1. Ever lock yourself out of your house? How?
Yes our backyard door has an issue where it locks you out if you shut it even if you have it unlocked. I went outside once and shut it behind me so my dog wouldn't come out. It locked me out. It was stormy, there was small hail. I was not in good outdoor clothes, was barefoot, did not have keys or my phone. It was not a fun time.

2. Your car? How?

My parents once left keys in the car, but it didn't cause too many issues IIRC.

Not that I recall.

That is a really good question. I don't know, to be honest. I cry at everything. lol

I don't know that I have seen a wild one, but I have heard them fly overhead at night.

No, and I don't care, the author is a jerk.

Born and raised in the USA, so no. lol

Yes. Going to the bus station. I was with a friend and we both got soaked. lol

I really liked Garfield. When I was really young I created my own comics inspired by it. I dropped that pretty quick when I noticed I'm not funny and can't draw. lol.

10. Do you always clean up your plate?
No. The stuff at the bottom is usually cold and gross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics