Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2022, 05:21 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,185,888 times

Advertisements

This week I have no time for anything at all.
Someone is hacking into our computers at a rapid pace and I have proof who it is. Imagine the amount of work that creates for me on 4 computers! Plus, what a pain in the neck having to go making police reports down at the station!

~ Has anyone ever done this you? Or anything similar?

~ Has a "friend" ever turned out to be your worst problem? A wolf in mutton's clothes?

~ Have you ever trusted someone, only to find out that they cannot be trusted?

~ Traditional question: good things that you had to eat and drink during this past week:

***Sorry to check out of here so fast; we also need to go inside our banks to let them know about this situation and show them some of our absolute evidence of the culprits should any money come up missing from our accounts! ***
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2022, 05:30 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,955,250 times
Someone is hacking into our computers at a rapid pace and I have proof who it is. Imagine the amount of work that creates for me on 4 computers! Plus, what a pain in the neck having to go making police reports down at the station!

Thankfully no.

~ Has a "friend" ever turned out to be your worst problem? A wolf in mutton's clothes?
A "work friend" was an issue a few years back.

Absolutely!

~ Traditional question: good things that you had to eat and drink during this past week:
Pizza, bagels, and chocolate cream pie topped the list this week.

***Sorry to check out of here so fast; we also need to go inside our banks to let them know about this situation and show them some of our absolute evidence of the culprits should any money come up missing from our accounts!
Good luck, Roostie!

Have a great day, everyone!

Old 12-02-2022, 05:45 AM

14,878 posts, read 8,201,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
So sorry to hear this! Hope you get this all settled out. I can't imagine what that would be like.
No.
Yes, years ago, not concerning computers but other things.
Unfortunately yes, and I know that it can be devastating...but you just have to chalk it up to lesson learned.
All kinds of yummy turkey and fixin's left over from Thanksgiving, We had baked chicken and salad, Orange chicken, chicken alfredo (Hmmm...we have had a lot of poultry lately haven't we?!?)...we did have BBQ ribs one day though!

***Sorry to check out of here so fast; we also need to go inside our banks to let them know about this situation and show them some of our absolute evidence of the culprits should any money come up missing from our accounts! ***
Good luck, hope everything works out and they catch them. Hope they didn't steal from you.
Thanks Roosty.

Old 12-02-2022, 05:51 AM

11,411 posts, read 9,336,533 times

- Bummer on the hassle and best wishes.

Someone I know, no. I was a victim of identify theft about 6 years ago.

~ Has a "friend" ever turned out to be your worst problem? A wolf in mutton's clothes? - I don't think it ever got to that point. I had to get rid of 4 former long term friends that I can think of off the top.

Some former colleagues were more of a problem. The ex wife was also a problem and I'm so glad we broke up. Good riddance to bad rubbish. It gives me no pleasure at all writing that and I'll spare the all too personal details...

~ Have you ever trusted someone, only to find out that they cannot be trusted? - Besides the ex who absolutely stabbed me in the back, yes. It's the main reason why I am a loner. My trust level is very, very low. I haven't made a new real life friend in 31 years. Not happy about that but it is what it is as the times we live in now are much worse these last 7 years or so...

~ Traditional question: good things that you had to eat and drink during this past week: - Nothing but water to drink and the usual when it comes to food. Nothing special lately.

Old 12-02-2022, 06:07 AM

9,754 posts, read 14,328,133 times
[quote=rainroosty;64534177]This week I have no time for anything at all.

~ Has anyone ever done this you? Or anything similar? Oh, Yes, a couple of weeks ago, Nov. 17th, to be exact. That was a nightmare! Details below.

~ Has a "friend" ever turned out to be your worst problem? YesA wolf in mutton's clothes? Definitely, the neighbor next door. See below.

~ Have you ever trusted someone, only to find out that they cannot be trusted? Yes, my next door neighbor turned out to be the neighbor from Hell, after I thought they were very nice people. After my husband died suddenly, Dec. 24th, 2021 - I guess that neighbor thought I was an easy target, being an 82 yr. old widow. The nasty neighbor said that a section of my front yard was theirs, and to prove it, I needed to get a survey. They bought their property 6 months prior, so where's their survey, I asked. They said they had none. So, to get the neighbors off my back, I paid for a survey, then had a 6' tall white vinyl fence ($3,000) put up along my boundary line. After being at my location 36 years, this was the only way to get rid of them, I thought. Now the nasty neighbors are even worse, because their plan to steal part of my property was foiled.

~ Traditional question: good things that you had to eat and drink during this past week:Nothing outstanding, just the usual.

Me, too! I'm in the process of getting new log-ins, new passwords, new checks, etc. I've made 6 trips to 2 of my banks (since Nov.17, 2022) to close 4 of my accounts, and reopen new accounts, because of the culprit telling me he was from Microsoft Windows, and someone had hacked into my computer. Turned out, he was the hacker, and installed a laptop computer and UltraView program in my computer. Long story short, he entered my bank accounts on line, but couldn't get in. But, Roosty, I know what a mess you're going through. And, I still haven't rec'd new checks for those accounts. AND, I'm getting confused with all these new log-ins and passwords!

The last 12 months have been horrible for me, and I'm looking forward to January 2023. Sorry, I'm such a "downer".

Last edited by rdlr; 12-02-2022 at 06:26 AM..

Old 12-02-2022, 06:18 AM

126,401 posts, read 19,156,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

~ Has anyone ever done this you? Or anything similar? No

~ Has a "friend" ever turned out to be your worst problem? A wolf in mutton's clothes? Had many years ago a nasty neighbor.....

~ Have you ever trusted someone, only to find out that they cannot be trusted? Sadly yes.....

~ Traditional question: good things that you had to eat and drink during this past week: Home baked Christmas cookies with a hot beverage,creamy carrot and grapefruit soup,vegetarian chili.....

Good luck roosty hope everything gets sorted out!

Old 12-02-2022, 06:24 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,294,953 times
Thank you, rainroosty and good luck!

~ Has anyone ever done this you? Or anything similar? Not to my knowledge, thank goodness.

~ Has a "friend" ever turned out to be your worst problem? A wolf in mutton's clothes? Oh yes. Oh well, live and learn.

~ Have you ever trusted someone, only to find out that they cannot be trusted? Yes, see above.

~ Traditional question: good things that you had to eat and drink during this past week: The best thing I had to eat was some Chinese fried dumplings - YUM! Coffee every morning was my favorite drink.

Old 12-02-2022, 06:33 AM

1,407 posts, read 635,366 times

OY! And worse during the Holidays.

~ Has anyone ever done this you? Or anything similar? Ummmm, not going to answer that, Murphy's Law might come into play.

~ Has a "friend" ever turned out to be your worst problem? A wolf in mutton's clothes? There's a saying I wrote down in my book of quotes: "A friend is merely an acquaintance who has yet to betray you."

~ Have you ever trusted someone, only to find out that they cannot be trusted? Yes

~ Traditional question: good things that you had to eat and drink during this past week: A soup that I made with leftover carrots, pumpkin and rutabaga that came out really good to my surprise. Drink I would say coquito made only during the Holidays.

THX

Good luck to you and that everything is resolved.

I hope this makes you feel better, if only for a few.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEPfM3jSoBw

Carpe Diem, everyone!

Old 12-02-2022, 06:42 AM

7,400 posts, read 5,514,753 times
So sorry this happened to you. I hope everything gets sorted out.

~ Has anyone ever done this you? Or anything similar? Someone hacked my credit card one time.

~ Has a "friend" ever turned out to be your worst problem? A wolf in mutton's clothes? Yes

~ Have you ever trusted someone, only to find out that they cannot be trusted? Yes

~ Traditional question: good things that you had to eat and drink during this past week: pizza, fried chicken, a big soft pretzel with beer cheese dip.

***Sorry to check out of here so fast; we also need to go inside our banks to let them know about this situation and show them some of our absolute evidence of the culprits should any money come up missing from our accounts! ***.

Old 12-02-2022, 06:53 AM

5,918 posts, read 3,819,991 times
I feel your pain, I was just hacked too.

Yes, somehow they hacked into my Google account and created an additional profile on my original profile, so they were using my Google account and somehow got ahold of my credit card number and charged gaming items. How did I find this out? I noticed my profile picture on my Google account had changed....that was the first clue. And this is exactly why I get paper statements for my credit cards, otherwise it would have been a while before I caught the charges. I could NOT get this person off of my account so I had to close it and start all over again with a new Google account. It was a nightmare.

Yes, I've had to cut three people out of my life due to "problems" that I have no patience for.

Many times. I tend to give people way too many chances but when I'm done, I'm done.

I still haven't had any Turkey because we had ham on Thanksgiving. Other than that, I ate pretty much the norm for the holidays. Had a steak on Tuesday.

Good luck Roosty and thanks for the Q's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics