Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 09:17 AM

3,112 posts, read 1,006,463 times

Advertisements

Good morning.

~ What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word, 'pancakes'? Carbs.

~ Have you ever eaten potato pancakes? No.

~ The last type of fish you ever caught? I don't even remember.

~ Does the man yelling really loud on TV commercials really make you want to go to their business and shop for a car? I press "mute" and don't even watch the commercials.
~ Wild mountains.

~ Inexpensive things that might bring great joy for someone: For me: knitting, meditation, drawing and painting, reading, playing with pets, gardening etc.

~ Simple, wonderful winter food and drinks: Soups, teas, coconut milk with cocoa powder. All homemade.

Take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2022, 09:42 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,134,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Hiya friends! It's been overly exhausting every day for a month now since the hacker 'friends' destroyed our lives. Yesterday I was wishing I had a bazooka. Hang in there!

~ What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word, 'pancakes'? Ihop (they're building one down the road)

~ Have you ever eaten potato pancakes? Yummmm

~ The last type of fish you ever caught? I was a kid, I don't remember.

~ Does the man yelling really loud on TV commercials really make you want to go to their business and shop for a car? Hardly, but it must work on some people otherwise why do so many commercials do it?

~ Wild __________. Wild, wild west

~ Inexpensive things that might bring great joy for someone: Wildflowers, gifts made by little kids, an unexpected compliment

~ Simple, wonderful winter food and drinks: Corn Chowder or Chili and cornbread, gingerbread, hot chocolate with whipped cream and a candy cane, spiked egg nog

~ The light bulbs type and wattage that you mostly buy: daylight 100w for the kitchen, softwhite 75w elsewhere, and 45w for the roomie

I'm always wishing you all the best of luck and good health...and that's no crap!
Back atcha, thx

Old 12-09-2022, 10:31 AM

24,457 posts, read 25,991,550 times
~ What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word, 'pancakes'?
Sticky syrup.

~ Have you ever eaten potato pancakes?
I might have.

~ The last type of fish you ever caught?
Bkue gill.

~ Does the man yelling really loud on TV commercials really make you want to go to their business and shop for a car?
No, doesn't matter what their delling

~ Wild Fire or Thing..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qHX493bB3U

~ Inexpensive things that might bring great joy for someone:
A visit or letter, a grocery shopping trip.

~ Simple, wonderful winter food and drinks:
Tamales, chilie and hot toddies.

~ The light bulbs type and wattage that you mostly buy:
60 watters.

I'm always wishing you all the best of luck and good health...and that's no crap!
Thanx Roosty. Best of luck coralling those pesky hackers.

Old 12-09-2022, 11:19 AM

44,349 posts, read 20,053,982 times
Hiya friends! It's been overly exhausting every day for a month now since the hacker 'friends' destroyed our lives. Yesterday I was wishing I had a bazooka. Sorry you're still dealing with that, roosty.

~ What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word, 'pancakes'? Pancakes made with Bisquick, egg and milk, the way my mother made them. They're still my favorite.

~ Have you ever eaten potato pancakes? Yes. They're very yummy.

~ The last type of fish you ever caught? Bass.

~ Does the man yelling really loud on TV commercials really make you want to go to their business and shop for a car? Nope. Quite the opposite.

~ Wild berries.

~ Inexpensive things that might bring great joy for someone: An ice cream cone. A new pair of socks. A handmade card.

~ Simple, wonderful winter food and drinks: Chili; beef stew; chicken soup; warm apple pie with cheddar cheese on top; a hot toddy; dry red wine.

~ The light bulbs type and wattage that you mostly buy: LED, equivalent to 40 watts.

I'm always wishing you all the best of luck and good health...and that's no crap! Thanks, roosty! Have a fun and fruitful Fryday, everyone!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 12-09-2022, 11:36 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,791,155 times
[quote=rainroosty;64569586]Hiya friends! It's been overly exhausting every day for a month now since the hacker 'friends' destroyed our lives. Yesterday I was wishing I had a bazooka.
So sorry roosty. That's awful.
Get the waffle maker out instead.
Yes. Love them.
Bonita in Mexico a long time ago.
~ Does the man yelling really loud on TV commercials really make you want to go to their business and shop for a car?
Nope. Can't hear it. Commercials are always on mute.
~ Wild opossum tails. I was scratching Big Daddy's butt and playing with his tail while he was in the feeding box. He stayed in there a long time. _Big piggy boy, he ate both feeds last night. _________.

A good DVD movie. Good books. One of those giant candy canes I can't find this year. MMM Marshmallow Santa's. A box of dark chocolate covered cherries.
Some bubbly chilling in the snow. Home made pot roast and soups. Chili.
This friend we are helping clean out his shop gave us an antique floor lamp. It has one big white glass shade and 3 candles on the side. I put a flame bulb in it and 3 flicker bulbs in the candles. It is super fun and spooky looking. I'm looking for some plastic that I can mold into an insert for some bats. The shade is in the shape of a bowl and I want to carve a foam pumpkin to put on top of the rim of the shade. Our antique buffet looks like a coffin when I cover it with the Halloween table cloth I made. I think the lamp will go next to it next Halloween.

Aww thanks roosty. You too.

I have to go to a wake tonight for my friends husband. I have another friend on hospice now. John is sick, nope not Covid. He tested negative yesterday. I hope I don't get his cold too.

Old 12-09-2022, 05:22 PM

21,538 posts, read 8,721,023 times
Quote:
Hiya friends! It's been overly exhausting every day for a month now since the hacker 'friends' destroyed our lives. Yesterday I was wishing I had a bazooka.
I'm sorry that happened to you.

Sunday breakfast.
Yes, I love potato pancakes.
A baby trout was my first, last and only catch.
No, loud yelling has the opposite effect on me.
~ Wild Strawberries
Balloons, kites, soap bubbles.
Hot cocoa and gingerbread men.
We buy LED bulbs that are rated 15.5W but produce as much light as a 100W incandescent.

Thanks, Roosty!

Old 12-09-2022, 08:19 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,792,660 times
Hiya friends! It's been overly exhausting every day for a month now since the hacker 'friends' destroyed our lives. Yesterday I was wishing I had a bazooka.
Believe me, I understand your frustration.

YES! Who's cooking?

No sounds gross

I think it was a Bass.

That type of advertising does not work at all, especially when people are muting or changing the channel just so they don't have to hear it.

~ Wild _hogs_________.

Lite Brite for a depressed friend. Picked flowers, baked goods, etc.

hot chocolate, homemade soups, hearty stews, and lots of hot toddies.

Last ones I had to buy were for the can lights in the kitchen. Not sure of the wattage.

Thanks Roosty!

Old 12-10-2022, 02:30 AM

14,770 posts, read 8,101,600 times
Quote:
So sorry to hear about that....here is wishing for better days ahead.

Breakfast?
Maybe a long time ago, but I don't really remember
I haven't been fishing in decades, and then only a couple times that it took to realize it's just not my thing.
I never hear because I mute during commercial breaks
~ Wild Horses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhwwCWkmYoc

A walk in the forest, a simple smile, a small kindness, a good deed
Hot cocoa, hot coffee, hot apple cider, fresh baked apple pie, egg nog, Christmas cookies
A roast or Turkey roasting in the oven.

The GE Smart bulbs

You too Roosty....here is to better days ahead.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics