Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 05:00 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,121,615 times

Advertisements

Hiya friends! It's been overly exhausting every day for a month now since the hacker 'friends' destroyed our lives. Yesterday I was wishing I had a bazooka.

~ What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word, 'pancakes'?

~ Have you ever eaten potato pancakes?

~ The last type of fish you ever caught?

~ Does the man yelling really loud on TV commercials really make you want to go to their business and shop for a car?

~ Wild __________.

~ Inexpensive things that might bring great joy for someone:

~ Simple, wonderful winter food and drinks:

~ The light bulbs type and wattage that you mostly buy:

I'm always wishing you all the best of luck and good health...and that's no crap!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2022, 05:12 AM

11,367 posts, read 9,279,717 times
~ What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word, 'pancakes'? - Former Baltimore Oriole great and Baseball Hall of Fame member Jim Palmer. His nickname was 'cakes" because he ate them for breakfast on days he was scheduled to pitch.

That was the first probably because it's been years since I last had.

~ Have you ever eaten potato pancakes? - No

~ The last type of fish you ever caught? - IDK. A thing I never enjoyed...

~ Does the man yelling really loud on TV commercials really make you want to go to their business and shop for a car? - I mute commercials and do not watch a whole lot of TV.

~ Wild mushrooms (don't eat them!)

~ Inexpensive things that might bring great joy for someone: - A phone call.

~ Simple, wonderful winter food and drinks: - N/A. I eat the same all through the year and rarely drink anything else besides water.

~ The light bulbs type and wattage that you mostly buy: - 60 watt but it's been a long time since I last bought.

Old 12-09-2022, 05:41 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
rainroosty thank you so much and I am sorry for your hacker troubles.

~ What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word, 'pancakes'? For some reason, "bacon." Also, Prince.

~ Have you ever eaten potato pancakes? Yes, and I love them. I have very fond memories of eating hot, fresh, potato pancakes with hot applesauce at various German Christkindlmarkts.

~ The last type of fish you ever caught? Um, I don't know the type, sorry. Some sort of freshwater fish. Maybe a crappie or whatever you call them? Not sure, actually.

~ Does the man yelling really loud on TV commercials really make you want to go to their business and shop for a car? Heck no.

~ Wild ____animal______.

~ Inexpensive things that might bring great joy for someone: Mosaic solar lights on patio.

~ Simple, wonderful winter food and drinks: Coffee. Lattes. That sort of thing. Preferably made by someone else. Stews, chili, etc.

~ The light bulbs type and wattage that you mostly buy: LED, 40 watt type, warm. I have a lot of lamps.

Old 12-09-2022, 05:52 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,597,475 times
----- TV studio lights and cameras

------ probably

~ The last type of fish you ever caught?-----
------ Crappie

~ Does the man yelling really loud on TV commercials really make you want to go to their business and shop for a car?
----- No, but neither anything else he does

~ Wild One -- Marlon Brando role

----- House-hold nails of useful size. A few clothespibs.

----- Cornbread muffins

----- No two alike, of course

I'm always wishing you all the best of luck and good health...and that's no crap!

Old 12-09-2022, 06:24 AM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times
Hiya friends! It's been overly exhausting every day for a month now since the hacker 'friends' destroyed our lives. Yesterday I was wishing I had a bazooka.

syrup

~ Have you ever eaten potato pancakes? no

~ The last type of fish you ever caught? largemouth bass

~ Does the man yelling really loud on TV commercials really make you want to go to their business and shop for a car? My problem is with loud women on regular TV shows.

~ Wild One by Bobby Rydell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVv1...ejointjohnny48

~ Inexpensive things that might bring great joy for someone: coloring book for little kids, a visit to a state park in a state like mine that doesn't charge for parking or admission, feeding the birds, a trip to a national wildlife refuge (admission is usually free or under $8 for the whole car).

~ Simple, wonderful winter food and drinks: hot chocolate...don't really eat seasonally except for fruit.

~ The light bulbs type and wattage that you mostly buy: LED 60 watt

Old 12-09-2022, 06:28 AM

7,365 posts, read 5,480,006 times

~ What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word, 'pancakes'? Yummy

~ Have you ever eaten potato pancakes? Yes

~ The last type of fish you ever caught? Bull gills

~ Does the man yelling really loud on TV commercials really make you want to go to their business and shop for a car? No

~ Wild rice __.

~ Inexpensive things that might bring great joy for someone: a house

~ Simple, wonderful winter food and drinks: Christmas cookies. Hot chocolate.

~ The light bulbs type and wattage that you mostly buy: the energy efficient one, 60 watts.

Thank you!

Old 12-09-2022, 07:24 AM

126,269 posts, read 19,039,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

~ What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word, 'pancakes'? Pancake soup

~ Have you ever eaten potato pancakes? Yes with cinnamon and unsweetened applesauce

~ The last type of fish you ever caught? I don't fish

~ Does the man yelling really loud on TV commercials really make you want to go to their business and shop for a car? I make commercials mute

~ Wild Chanterelles.

~ Inexpensive things that might bring great joy for someone: Singing and playing music

~ Simple, wonderful winter food and drinks: Casseroles,lentil/bean soups,Risotto,chicken soup with dumplings and creamy vegetable soups,Glühwein or other hot beverages with a holiday cookie

~ The light bulbs type and wattage that you mostly buy: I have warm white LED 60 Watt

I wish you the same roosty and thank you

Old 12-09-2022, 07:26 AM

1,367 posts, read 612,755 times

Hope your nightmare ends soon.

Good Morning

~ What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word, 'pancakes'? At this stage in life? Calories.

~ Have you ever eaten potato pancakes? The Latkes version:
https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.MBlVZJ...id=ImgDet&rs=1

~ The last type of fish you ever caught? Never fished.

~ Does the man yelling really loud on TV commercials really make you want to go to their business and shop for a car? When my wife watches TV. She set the volume, but when a commercial comes on it seems to override the setting. I'm hard of hearing and it still drives me bonkers when I'm trying to read in another room.

~ Wild __caught fish or seafood________.

~ Inexpensive things that might bring great joy for someone: Saying "I love you" out of the blue.

~ Simple, wonderful winter food and drinks: warm oatmeal, warm milk and honey, hot chocolate, a chocolate espresso martini, coquito. Honorable mention to Spain's chocolate con churros, a particular treat that brings me great memories of one of my aunts: https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.a1d78ba3...pid=ImgRaw&r=0

~ The light bulbs type and wattage that you mostly buy: 60 and 100, but they use less wattage like most do these days.

Backatcha, & THX

Good weekend, everyone!

Old 12-09-2022, 08:08 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,927,237 times
My grandsons love them.

Oh yes, I love them and was just thinking I haven't made them in a while.

~ The last type of fish you ever caught?
Even though I've gone fishing I've never caught a fish so I gave up fishing.

~ Does the man yelling really loud on TV commercials really make you want to go to their business and shop for a car? I don't listen to them.

~ Wild Night by Van Morrison and then covered by John Mellencamp

Lottery tickets, the key word there being might.

Stews, soups, crusty breads, eggnog...

I don't know anymore since they took my incandescent bulbs away.

Thanks rainroosty! Groovy day wishes everybody and be safe out there!

Old 12-09-2022, 08:37 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,534,641 times
I'm always wishing you all the best of luck and good health...and that's no crap! Rainroosty, we'd appreciate all the thoughts and prayers. Covid finally came to our house. Thankfully since we're both fully vaccinated, it's just a mild case, but my wife came down with it the other day. Every time I asked how she was feeling, all she would say was "lousy". This morning she's not as "lousy" as yesterday. Now we're just waiting to see if she's gonna share it with me!

~ What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word, 'pancakes'? IHOP

~ Have you ever eaten potato pancakes? It's been years

~ The last type of fish you ever caught? I believe a catfish on red worms

Nope
~ Wild Thang.

~ Inexpensive things that might bring great joy for someone: For my wife, things that bring her joy don't cost a thing. A phone call from her kids, a ride through the countryside

~ Simple, wonderful winter food and drinks: Chili and hot chocolate. Not together though!

~ The light bulbs type and wattage that you mostly buy: 60 watt bulbs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics