Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2022, 05:24 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,614,148 times

Advertisements

What types of window treatments are in your home (e.g., Venetian blinds, honeycomb blinds, curtains, drapes, valances, etc.)?
-----
----- Variable

Is there presently or was there ever wood paneling in your home?
----- yes

How much of your home, if any, has wall-to-wall carpeting?
----- none

Is there any ceramic tile in your home, on floors or walls?
-----no

Do you ever use a tablecloth on your dining table?
-----no

Do you use placemats on your dining table?
------- yes

Is there a fireplace in your home? If so, does it burn wood or gas?
----- no

Have you ever hired a chimney sweep?
----- no

If you own a house, have you ever had the roof replaced? If not, how old is the roof presently?
-----

\
-----

Do you have an outdoor thermometer in your yard?
----- it broke

On what temperature do you presently have your home's thermostat set?
----- No No central HVAC

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2022, 06:01 AM

1,379 posts, read 618,918 times
Greetings, everyone! I'm still in the midst of holiday activities, so it's another busy week. I hope you all are warm and safe in the wake of recent storms. I'd like to extend my thanks to wit-nit for kindly filling in for me with last Tuesday's questions. Now it's time to scroll on down to see what I came up with for

Good Morning

TODAY'S QUESTIONS - ABOUT THE HOUSE

Do the window openings in your home contain screens? Yes

What types of window treatments are in your home (e.g., Venetian blinds, honeycomb blinds, curtains, drapes, valances, etc.)? Between glass blinds. Curtain in others

Is there presently or was there ever wood paneling in your home? Presently

How much of your home, if any, has wall-to-wall carpeting? None

Is there any ceramic tile in your home, on floors or walls? Ceramic tiles in kitchen, bathroom shower stalls, a ceramic tile rug in one-bathroom, and Catskill blue shale {where there is an overabundance of shale} tile in the entryway hallway.

Do you ever use a tablecloth on your dining table? Yes

Do you use placemats on your dining table? That too

Is there a fireplace in your home? If so, does it burn wood or gas? 2 gas. 1 wood. And a dual coal/wood stove.

Have you ever hired a chimney sweep? Yes

If you own a house, have you ever had the roof replaced? If not, how old is the roof presently? Replaced.

Do you have an outdoor thermometer in your yard? No, have those that stick to windows which I like a lot.

On what temperature do you presently have your home's thermostat set? 71F, its cold outside.

That's all the home-ly questions for today, folks. Have a great day, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.

THX!

Enjoy the day and stay warm, everyone.

Old 12-27-2022, 06:15 AM

7,377 posts, read 5,492,216 times
B]Greetings, everyone! I'm still in the midst of holiday activities, so it's another busy week. I hope you all are warm and safe in the wake of recent storms. I'd like to extend my thanks to wit-nit for kindly filling in for me with last Tuesday's questions. Now it's time to scroll on down to see what I came up with for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS - ABOUT THE HOUSE[/b]

Do the window openings in your home contain screens? Yes

What types of window treatments are in your home (e.g., Venetian blinds, honeycomb blinds, curtains, drapes, valances, etc.)? Blinds and drapes, curtains.

Is there presently or was there ever wood paneling in your home? No

How much of your home, if any, has wall-to-wall carpeting? All except kitchen and bathroom

Is there any ceramic tile in your home, on floors or walls? Bathroom

Do you ever use a tablecloth on your dining table? Yes

Do you use placemats on your dining table? No

Is there a fireplace in your home? If so, does it burn wood or gas? No

Have you ever hired a chimney sweep? No

If you own a house, have you ever had the roof replaced? If not, how old is the roof presently? Yes, 20 years

Do you have an outdoor thermometer in your yard? No

On what temperature do you presently have your home's thermostat set? 68

That's all the home-ly questions for today, folks. Have a great day, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.

Thank you!

Old 12-27-2022, 06:23 AM

899 posts, read 674,278 times
Random quote of the day: “Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.”—Jim Davis (this makes up a tiny bit for Garfield)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
Greetings, everyone! I'm still in the midst of holiday activities, so it's another busy week. I hope you all are warm and safe in the wake of recent storms. I'd like to extend my thanks to wit-nit for kindly filling in for me with last Tuesday's questions. Now it's time to scroll on down to see what I came up with for

Do the window openings in your home contain screens?
Yes, but we also sidelights---tall, thin windows on either side of the back door---that are screened and open like doors.

What types of window treatments are in your home (e.g., Venetian blinds, honeycomb blinds, curtains, drapes, valances, etc.)?
Venetian blinds

Yes, a shiplap accent wall.

Zero

Yes. When they tiled the guest bath floor, they continued it on the walls. Inside the shower is a different tile. The door is fiberglass, so there's no putting in a nail to hang a picture etc.

Not that I recall

yes.

Yes, both.

Yes, I think when we moved here.

If you own a house, have you ever had the roof replaced? If not, how old is the roof presently?
The house we sold got a new roof maybe five years ago. This one...not sure.

We did, as part of a clock. But we also had a weather station. After about 5 years it stopped working well.

65 I think

Tidbit:

John David Marks (November 10, 1909 – September 3, 1985) was an American songwriter. He specialized in Christmas songs (although he himself was Jewish[1] and did not celebrate Christmas[2]) and wrote many holiday standards, including "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" (a hit for Gene Autry and others), "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" (a hit for Brenda Lee), "A Holly Jolly Christmas" (recorded by the Quinto Sisters and later by Burl Ives), "Silver and Gold" (for Burl Ives), and "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" (introduced by Bing Crosby).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Marks

Old 12-27-2022, 06:30 AM

126,303 posts, read 19,083,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

Do the window openings in your home contain screens? Yes they do

What types of window treatments are in your home (e.g., Venetian blinds, honeycomb blinds, curtains, drapes, valances, etc.)? Blinds and curtains

Is there presently or was there ever wood paneling in your home? Yes a bit in one of my houses

How much of your home, if any, has wall-to-wall carpeting? Just a few rooms have wall to wall carpeting

Is there any ceramic tile in your home, on floors or walls? Yes

Do you ever use a tablecloth on your dining table? Yes daily

Do you use placemats on your dining table? Occasionally

Is there a fireplace in your home? If so, does it burn wood or gas? Gas

Have you ever hired a chimney sweep? Yes in one of my houses

If you own a house, have you ever had the roof replaced? Yes If not, how old is the roof presently?

Do you have an outdoor thermometer in your yard? No

On what temperature do you presently have your home's thermostat set? 20 C

Thank you Pam

Old 12-27-2022, 08:06 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,041,289 times
Good morning, PJ and thank you for the questions!

Do the window openings in your home contain screens? I have the screens but they're not on the windows.

What types of window treatments are in your home (e.g., Venetian blinds, honeycomb blinds, curtains, drapes, valances, etc.)? I have mostly just those two inch wooden blinds throughout my house. I like an open and bright feel.

Is there presently or was there ever wood paneling in your home? No.

How much of your home, if any, has wall-to-wall carpeting? None.

Is there any ceramic tile in your home, on floors or walls? Yes, ceramic tile is in my kitchen and bathrooms.

Do you ever use a tablecloth on your dining table? Occasionally.

Do you use placemats on your dining table? Sometimes.

Is there a fireplace in your home? If so, does it burn wood or gas? Both but I only use the gas.

Have you ever hired a chimney sweep? No.

If you own a house, have you ever had the roof replaced? If not, how old is the roof presently? My roof is five years old.

Do you have an outdoor thermometer in your yard? Yes, but I rarely look at it.

On what temperature do you presently have your home's thermostat set? 68.

Old 12-27-2022, 08:16 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,642 posts, read 81,333,263 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS - ABOUT THE HOUSE[/b]

[b]Do the window openings in your home contain screens? Yes, all of them do.

What types of window treatments are in your home (e.g., Venetian blinds, honeycomb blinds, curtains, drapes, valances, etc.)? Mostly Honeycomb, but a few still with Venetian blinds.

Is there presently or was there ever wood paneling in your home? No, but we have one wall in the entry with vertical 4" wood strips.

How much of your home, if any, has wall-to-wall carpeting? Living room, dining room, and upstairs the 4 bedrooms and the bonus room.

Is there any ceramic tile in your home, on floors or walls? Bathroom walls

Do you ever use a tablecloth on your dining table? Only on holidays or with guests.

Do you use placemats on your dining table? No

Is there a fireplace in your home? If so, does it burn wood or gas? Two, one wood, one gas.

Have you ever hired a chimney sweep? Yes, just last spring.

If you own a house, have you ever had the roof replaced? If not, how old is the roof presently? Twice, in 1996 and in 2018.

Do you have an outdoor thermometer in your yard? Yes

On what temperature do you presently have your home's thermostat set? 70F

Old 12-27-2022, 10:40 AM

24,500 posts, read 26,045,935 times

Do the window openings in your home contain screens?
Yes

Shutters

Yes

3 bedrooms and office/dining room.

2 bathrooms, entrance way, dinette and kithchen are tiled.

For dining only. The rest of the time it's a holding area for stuff.

No

2that are wood/gas.

No

About 10 years old.

No, but I have a weather station that reads out door temps.

Thanx Pam for the interesting Q's.

Old 12-27-2022, 11:09 AM

5,590 posts, read 6,524,053 times

Do the window openings in your home contain screens? yes.

What types of window treatments are in your home (e.g., Venetian blinds, honeycomb blinds, curtains, drapes, valances, etc.)? Hunter Douglas Silhouette Shades throughout. I have BTDT with roller shades, blinds, curtains, drapes, honeycomb, and the like. I love my Silhouettes, and these will last longer than me. I have them with remote control in my bedroom so if I ever become bedridden I can still see outside and watch the beautiful birds, especially my cardinals.

Is there presently or was there ever wood paneling in your home? Not my last 2, which were new, modern homes, but the one we moved into in 1976 (the house in the boonies, I mean country) was ALL paneling except for the ugly living room. The previous owners built it and admitted they hated to paint.

How much of your home, if any, has wall-to-wall carpeting? All carpeting except for the wet rooms: ie kitchen and both bathrooms.Also the entry has the same linoleum flooring.

Is there any ceramic tile in your home, on floors or walls? No. But the linoleum in the wet rooms is a tile pattern. After having ceramic tile in my last 2 homes, it is fine.

Do you ever use a tablecloth on your dining table? Yes, in the past, at holiday time when entertaining, and the plastic birthday ones when now adult child was growing up. Now, I don't even own a tablecloth any more.

Do you use placemats on your dining table? I used to have a color coordinated, each room a different color and theme, back in the day. Now, retired and single, I have downsized and no dining room or table, and a small table in my small kitchen. So,no to placemats, although I did buy ONE placemat that is a perfect fit for the center of my kitchen table that I use in place of a runner.

Is there a fireplace in your home? If so, does it burn wood or gas? Yes, two. Both are electic, lol.

Have you ever hired a chimney sweep? I don't remember if the fireplace in the country house (no, not that kind of country house, lol) was ever cleaned in the time we lived there. Didn't use it much because the draft caused the warm air from the fire to go up the chimney. Had to put in an accordian door to keep the heat in just the one room.

If you own a house, have you ever had the roof replaced? If not, how old is the roof presently? I am the second owner of a home built in 2009 and it has the original roof.

Do you have an outdoor thermometer in your yard? No.

On what temperature do you presently have your home's thermostat set? 74 degrees F.

That's all the home-ly questions for today, folks. Have a great day, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over. Happy New Year! Enjoy the rest of your week as well!

Old 12-27-2022, 12:34 PM

6,883 posts, read 4,893,903 times
Thrre are screens on my windows. Otherwise I couldn't open them as I object to bugs on the house.

I have venetian blinds and another sort of blind that I don't know the name for.

I have cedar ceilings and most rooms also have one cedar wall. It's half carpeted and the rest is tile or wood. If I planned on staying here I would have all the flooring removed and replaced with tile.

I have an enameled covered cast iron stove in a dark blue color. I have had the chimney cleaned professionally, but generally I do it myself. I watched the pros do it. It's not difficult with the right tools.

I only have used table cloths for holidays. Otherwise just place mats.

The roof was replaced a couple years ago. I have a couple of those thermometers that send a signal from outside the house to a little screen inside. It shows the time and both the inside and outside temps. I love them and highly recommend them to my friends.

Furnace is set to 68. If it gets cold out I make a fire. It's been so warm the last couple days that I haven't needed heat in the house because the inside temp hasn't dropped below 72. Once the house gets warm it retains the heat well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics