Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2022, 09:42 PM

44,422 posts, read 20,184,072 times

Advertisements

Greetings, everyone! I'm still in the midst of holiday activities, so it's another busy week. I hope you all are warm and safe in the wake of recent storms. I'd like to extend my thanks to wit-nit for kindly filling in for me with last Tuesday's questions. Now it's time to scroll on down to see what I came up with for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS - ABOUT THE HOUSE

Do the window openings in your home contain screens?

What types of window treatments are in your home (e.g., Venetian blinds, honeycomb blinds, curtains, drapes, valances, etc.)?

Is there presently or was there ever wood paneling in your home?

How much of your home, if any, has wall-to-wall carpeting?

Is there any ceramic tile in your home, on floors or walls?

Do you ever use a tablecloth on your dining table?

Do you use placemats on your dining table?

Is there a fireplace in your home? If so, does it burn wood or gas?

Have you ever hired a chimney sweep?

If you own a house, have you ever had the roof replaced? If not, how old is the roof presently?

Do you have an outdoor thermometer in your yard?

On what temperature do you presently have your home's thermostat set?

That's all the home-ly questions for today, folks. Have a great day, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 12-26-2022, 09:54 PM

21,656 posts, read 8,810,677 times

Yes, they do.
What types of window treatments are in your home (e.g., Venetian blinds, honeycomb blinds, curtains, drapes, valances, etc.)?
Blinds and draperies.
Not that I know of.
All but the stairs.
The kitchen and bath are tiled.
Yes, most of the time. In summer I use place mats.
See above.
Yes, it's wood-burning.
No, but we don't use the fireplace anymore due to air quality concerns.
If you own a house, have you ever had the roof replaced? If not, how old is the roof presently?
The roof has been replaced, and it's about 15-20 years old, I think. We need to replace it again soon.
No.
70Âș F.Thank you, Pammy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2022, 10:53 PM

37,829 posts, read 41,166,888 times
Greetings, everyone! I'm still in the midst of holiday activities, so it's another busy week. I hope you all are warm and safe in the wake of recent storms. I'd like to extend my thanks to wit-nit for kindly filling in for me with last Tuesday's questions. Now it's time to scroll on down to see what I came up with for

some

What types of window treatments are in your home (e.g., Venetian blinds, honeycomb blinds, curtains, drapes, valances, etc.)? blinds

Is there presently or was there ever wood paneling in your home? No

How much of your home, if any, has wall-to-wall carpeting? All rooms except kitchen, bathrooms and foyer.

Is there any ceramic tile in your home, on floors or walls? No

Do you ever use a tablecloth on your dining table? No. I don't eat at my dining table.

Do you use placemats on your dining table? No

Is there a fireplace in your home? If so, does it burn wood or gas? Not in this apartment. Apartments in NY and MD had wood burning fireplaces.

Have you ever hired a chimney sweep? Nope. Never used the fireplaces except 1 time in NY. In MD, the apartment complex hired the chimney sweepers.

If you own a house, have you ever had the roof replaced? If not, how old is the roof presently? N/A

Do you have an outdoor thermometer in your yard? No

On what temperature do you presently have your home's thermostat set? 72

Old 12-26-2022, 10:54 PM

44,711 posts, read 61,926,396 times

Do the window openings in your home contain screens? Most of them do.

What types of window treatments are in your home (e.g., Venetian blinds, honeycomb blinds, curtains, drapes, valances, etc.)? Drapes, valences, venetion blinds, honeycomb blinds.

Is there presently or was there ever wood paneling in your home? Never been any.

How much of your home, if any, has wall-to-wall carpeting? @80%

Is there any ceramic tile in your home, on floors or walls? Tiled floors in kitchen and 2 baths.

Do you ever use a tablecloth on your dining table? Always.

Do you use placemats on your dining table? Always.

Is there a fireplace in your home? If so, does it burn wood or gas? n/a no fireplace.

Have you ever hired a chimney sweep? n/a

If you own a house, have you ever had the roof replaced? Yes If not, how old is the roof presently? 17 yrs.

Do you have an outdoor thermometer in your yard? Yes.

On what temperature do you presently have your home's thermostat set? 74F

That's all the home-ly questions for today, folks. Have a great day, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.

Rate this post positively ms pam

Old 12-27-2022, 01:42 AM

14,925 posts, read 8,238,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

Blinds and Heavy thermal drapes right now

Most of it, except foyer, the kitchen and two bathrooms

Sometimes
Is there a fireplace in your home?
If so, does it burn wood or gas?

TY

Old 12-27-2022, 03:04 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,029,872 times
.....All widows that open have screens.

.....Blinds

.....None

.....All but kitchen and bathrooms.

.....None

.....Nope

.....Nope. I never eat at the dining table. I have a counter
between the kitchen and the family room.

.....One wood burning fireplace. Never use it.

Have you ever hired a chimney sweep?.
.....Nope

.....Don't own the place. Roof does need replacing.

.....I have one. It lies most of the time.

.....It is night time, so 64

Old 12-27-2022, 03:24 AM

11,422 posts, read 9,351,902 times
Do the window openings in your home contain screens? - My one small window has a screen.

What types of window treatments are in your home (e.g., Venetian blinds, honeycomb blinds, curtains, drapes, valances, etc.)? - It has a curtain.

Is there presently or was there ever wood paneling in your home? - Nope.

How much of your home, if any, has wall-to-wall carpeting? - Zero

Is there any ceramic tile in your home, on floors or walls? - My entire apartment has tile.

Do you ever use a tablecloth on your dining table? - N/A. I do not have a dining room table. I eat all of my meals on my desktop computer desk.

Do you use placemats on your dining table? - N/A but I do have two of them.

Is there a fireplace in your home? If so, does it burn wood or gas? - No fireplace.

Have you ever hired a chimney sweep? - N/A

If you own a house, have you ever had the roof replaced? If not, how old is the roof presently? - My apartment is in a basement of a historic rowhouse.

Do you have an outdoor thermometer in your yard? - N/A

On what temperature do you presently have your home's thermostat set? - 74 degrees F.

That's all the home-ly questions for today, folks. Have a great day, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over. - Thanks, Pam!

Old 12-27-2022, 03:42 AM

16,738 posts, read 17,517,578 times
Greetings Pam and all!

I live in rural SW France so some of the answers reflect that.

The big thing round here is that most houses have wooden shutters, and are great for keeping the house cool in summer, and protectin against storms etc, as well as providing security. We also have mosquito blinds and curtains in some rooms.

Is there presently or was there ever wood paneling in your home? No

How much of your home, if any, has wall-to-wall carpeting? None

Ceramic tiles in the bathrooms, and kitchens (one for guests). Ceramic or wooden floors.

Do you ever use a tablecloth on your dining table? Occasionally

Do you use placemats on your dining table? Generally

Is there a fireplace in your home? If so, does it burn wood or gas? Wood stove in the main room.

Have you ever hired a chimney sweep? If you wish to use the fire then by law you have to have the chimney swept annually, or fire insurance is invalid.

If you own a house, have you ever had the roof replaced? If not, how old is the roof presently? No- roof here is traditional tiles, around 40 years old.

Do you have an outdoor thermometer in your yard? A couple.

On what temperature do you presently have your home's thermostat set? 20 C.

Many thanks Pam- stay safe!

Old 12-27-2022, 04:08 AM

7,996 posts, read 5,430,753 times
Good Morning

Do the window openings in your home contain screens? Just had my windows replaced, all have full screens.

What types of window treatments are in your home (e.g., Venetian blinds, honeycomb blinds, curtains, drapes, valances, etc.)? Venetian blinds downstairs, sheer curtains upstairs

How much of your home, if any, has wall-to-wall carpeting? Just the stairs leading upstairs. It was way too much money to have them hardwood.

Do you ever use a tablecloth on your dining table? Long, long time ago

Do you use placemats on your dining table? Always

If you own a house, have you ever had the roof replaced? If not, how old is the roof presently? Yes, it is about nine years old.

On what temperature do you presently have your home's thermostat set? 75--only because I am a nervous nelly about our water pipes freezing and bursting because temps have been in the single digits. Today, temps are going into the high 30's so I will turn it down to 72 later.

Stay warm and cozy out there!

Old 12-27-2022, 05:02 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,641,006 times
Do the window openings in your home contain screens? Some do

What types of window treatments are in your home (e.g., Venetian blinds, honeycomb blinds, curtains, drapes, valances, etc.)? Blinds and drapes

Is there presently or was there ever wood paneling in your home? Nope and nope

How much of your home, if any, has wall-to-wall carpeting? None, just huge area rugs

Is there any ceramic tile in your home, on floors or walls? In the bathroom

Do you ever use a tablecloth on your dining table? On the very few times we use our dining room table, we have one

Do you use placemats on your dining table? Yup

Is there a fireplace in your home? If so, does it burn wood or gas? It is a wood burning fireplace. What I hate is it's not working now

Have you ever hired a chimney sweep? Nope

If you own a house, have you ever had the roof replaced? If not, how old is the roof presently? We've had parts of it replaced a couple years ago

Do you have an outdoor thermometer in your yard? Yup. It's attached to the garage

On what temperature do you presently have your home's thermostat set? 72
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics