Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2023, 06:54 AM

16,908 posts, read 16,157,165 times

Advertisements

Holy cow! First, I thought today was Thursday, then when I got here my account was signed out and luckily my password wasn't changed...now I have to do some quick thinking and get it done!

~ What types of computers do you still have?

~ Would you ever like to own a 'land line' telephone again?

~ How far is a long drive when driving someplace, according to you?

~ Are you enjoying your winter so far?

~ Do you ever have breakfast for dinner? Do you like doing that?
I do.

~ Only choose 4 hand tools:

~ Have you any 'slip on' shoes/footwear?

~ Any frozen food brands that you might buy:

***I better get this posted!***
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2023, 07:08 AM

11,387 posts, read 9,306,180 times
Good to see ya and hope you are feeling better.

~ What types of computers do you still have? - HP All In One desktop with a 27 in. Dell screen.

~ Would you ever like to own a 'land line' telephone again? - Yes. I like them better.

~ How far is a long drive when driving someplace, according to you? - IDK, 2 hours one way maybe?

~ Are you enjoying your winter so far? - Doesn't really feel like it here. It's been somewhat mild and no snow which was predicted.

~ Do you ever have breakfast for dinner? Do you like doing that? - I never did that, well, maybe once...

~ Only choose 4 hand tools: - Phillips and regular screwdrivers, plyers, and a hammer.

~ Have you any 'slip on' shoes/footwear? - Slippers. I love them!

~ Any frozen food brands that you might buy: - Sukhi’s Indian dinners, usually Chicken Tikka Masala and some fish from the wild, like SeaPak Morey's.

Old 01-06-2023, 07:11 AM

126,311 posts, read 19,099,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Holy cow! First, I thought today was Thursday, then when I got here my account was signed out and luckily my password wasn't changed...now I have to do some quick thinking and get it done!

~ What types of computers do you still have? I have a laptop

~ Would you ever like to own a 'land line' telephone again? No

~ How far is a long drive when driving someplace, according to you? 500 km to visit my daughter and her family

~ Are you enjoying your winter so far? Not really.It has been a rollercoaster type of weather with lots of snow during Christmas and now milder temperatures with lots of rain.Still hopeing for more snow,would love to go skiing

~ Do you ever have breakfast for dinner? Do you like doing that? Yes I have
I do.

~ Only choose 4 hand tools: Screw drivers,tape measurements,pliers,hammer

~ Have you any 'slip on' shoes/footwear? Just warm slippers for winter

~ Any frozen food brands that you might buy: In winter I buy a variety of frozen vegetables from green giant

Thank you roosty

Old 01-06-2023, 07:19 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,579,942 times
~ What types of computers do you still have? Laptops

~ Would you ever like to own a 'land line' telephone again? Nope

~ How far is a long drive when driving someplace, according to you? A couple hours

~ Are you enjoying your winter so far? Not bad. Didn't like the -20 wind chills though!

~ Do you ever have breakfast for dinner? Do you like doing that? We do it all the time and love it
I do.

~ Only choose 4 hand tools: Hammer, saw, pliers, crescent wrench

~ Have you any 'slip on' shoes/footwear? That's all I wear!

~ Any frozen food brands that you might buy: Jimmy Dean's (my wife loves their biscuit and gravy) and Stouffer's

Old 01-06-2023, 07:41 AM

1,384 posts, read 622,340 times

Good Morning

~ What types of computers do you still have? Got a new one for X-mas, still in boxes. No laptops.

~ Would you ever like to own a 'land line' telephone again? Too old to care

~ How far is a long drive when driving someplace, according to you? As soon as my back starts complaining.

~ Are you enjoying your winter so far? Very much so.

~ Do you ever have breakfast for dinner? Yes. Do you like doing that? It's kinda comfort food for me.

~ Only choose 4 hand tools: Hammer, screwdriver, box cutter, measuring tape

~ Have you any 'slip on' shoes/footwear? Yes, easy on my back.

~ Any frozen food brands that you might buy: Goya's frozen fried sweet plantain when I cannot find ripe plantains to make at home, and the Kirkland brand of frozen wild caught seafood, fish and frozen vegetables.

Good job on short notice. THX

Good weekend everyone.

Old 01-06-2023, 08:26 AM

16,084 posts, read 21,206,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

~ What types of computers do you still have? Somewhere packed away is an old Radioshack Tandy computer my dad bought waaaaaaay back when. Other than that an old laptop somewhere and my old reliable desktop.

~ Would you ever like to own a 'land line' telephone again? Do phone companies still maintain them? Like if ever cell towers were blown away by some electro magnetic storms or some off the wall SHTF scenario... maybe.

~ How far is a long drive when driving someplace, according to you? On a lot of days going to work is a long drive, over thirty minutes each way.
But generally a long drive is anything over about 3-5 hours IMO

~ Are you enjoying your winter so far? Mostly, not much snow yet, but those bitter cold winds last week weren't any fun.

~ Do you ever have breakfast for dinner? Do you like doing that? Sure, and I like it. I also frequently have dinner for breakfast.

~ Only choose 4 hand tools: ? Screwdriver, hammer, handsaw, wrench, if i can throw in a shovel those ought to take care of most things

~ Have you any 'slip on' shoes/footwear? Several pair, I'm all about comfort and ease over looks

~ Any frozen food brands that you might buy: Deep Indian breads, Stouffers lasagna and Marie Callander pub pies

Thx

Old 01-06-2023, 08:29 AM

61,913 posts, read 87,450,383 times

Happy to see you back!! Hope everything is better in your life and our hugs helped!

Desktop, laptop, tablet and phone.

Doesn't really matter. I had land line and mobile for a while, decided that I didn't need land line anymore.

My son lives 5 hrs away each way, and I visit him every month. It's a long drive...

Yes! Just wish there was more snow!!

I don't care for assigned meals at particular hours. I eat what's on hand or what I want.

Level, saw, pliers, wise.

Yes - house shoes.

Not sticking to any particular brand. I don't buy frozen food often.

Thank you, roosty!! Happy, healthy New Year!!

Old 01-06-2023, 08:35 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,665 posts, read 81,421,151 times
~ What types of computers do you still have? An old Windows 7 that is required to run my old 2004 Epilog Laser, a 2020 Dell Laptop, 2 iPads.

~ Would you ever like to own a 'land line' telephone again? No, I see no value in it.

~ How far is a long drive when driving someplace, according to you? Over about 8 hours. We often do day trips of 400-500 miles, 3-4 hours each way.

~ Are you enjoying your winter so far? No, with snow, an ice storm, and several wind events already it's been a bit annoying.

I do. Interesting timing, we did that last night! Bacon, eggs, hash browns and toast.

~ Only choose 4 hand tools: Hammer, large crescent wrench, Crosscut saw, Screwdriver with multiple tips.

~ Have you any 'slip on' shoes/footwear? No

~ Any frozen food brands that you might buy: For frozen vegetables I don't pay any attention to the brand. For frozen potatoes I prefer Or-Ida. For frozen desserts, Pepperidge Farm.

Old 01-06-2023, 09:11 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,078,128 times

Desktop, tablet, smartphone

~ Would you ever like to own a 'land line' telephone again? No. 1) I get nervous if I forget my phone when I'm in the car because now I couldn't walk to get help if I had to if the car broke down. 2) If you mean in addition to my cell phone, I don't need or want two phones.

~ How far is a long drive when driving someplace, according to you? When I have to spend one overnight in a hotel halfway to my destination location. For me, that's about after 8 hours of driving.

~ Are you enjoying your winter so far? Sure, no problem except for my electric bill doubling during that really cold snap we had.

~ Do you ever have breakfast for dinner? Do you like doing that? I do. Once in awhile I'll have microwaveable oatmeal if I waited too long (around 8:00P) to have dinner.

~ Only choose 4 hand tools: regular screwdriver, Phillips head screwdriver, needle nose pliers, hammer.

~ Have you any 'slip on' shoes/footwear? No

~ Any frozen food brands that you might buy: Birds Eye (microwave in bag vegetables), Celentano (ravioli), Mayfield (ice cream), Banquet (brown and serve sausages), Totinos (cheese pizza rolls), White Castle (microwave cheeseburger sliders - good for when you get home late at night), Kelloggs (Eggo waffles).

Last edited by LauraC; 01-06-2023 at 09:25 AM..

Old 01-06-2023, 09:16 AM

7,252 posts, read 7,101,025 times

Alienware laptop and surface pro tablet.

nope

500 miles. I'm usually too tired to go much further.

Sure. We've only had 1 week of it so far.

I do.

Yes and yes. The rest of the family doesn't seem to like it much, tho

Hammer. Screwdriver. Adjustable wrench. Measuring tape.

yep. mostly sandals

I don't do much frozen stuff.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics