Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2023, 04:44 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,625,949 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever cleaned the coils on a refrigerator?
------ My apt. maintenance man says the average life of apartment fridges is less than two years. They dont last long enough to get dirty. I think I cleaned one once.

What's the last appliance you replaced?
----- n/a

Has an appliance failed in an interesting way or time or just stopped or stopped soon after the warranty ended?

Have you waited for a repairman who didn't show up or was late?
----- My apartment is very good about that.

If you get tires for a vehicle, do you buy the replacement warranty or have you had a covered tire replaced?
----- Never never by extended warranty. on anything. I've never had a tire that failed before expected tread life.

Foodie Question(s):
Which fruits have the nicest fragrance?
------ Never noticed any.

Do you pre-heat the oven before use or no?
------ Omly as long as it takes to prepare what goes in.

There you have it. Enjoy your Thursday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2023, 06:40 AM

126,326 posts, read 19,111,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
These questions are without warranty or guarantee. If you dare give us your answers to . . .

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever cleaned the coils on a refrigerator? Once to twice a year

What's the last appliance you replaced? Dishwasher

Has an appliance failed in an interesting way or time or just stopped or stopped soon after the warranty ended? Just gave up due to old age

Have you waited for a repairman who didn't show up or was late? Yes on rare occasion one of them is late

If you get tires for a vehicle, do you buy the replacement warranty or have you had a covered tire replaced? No

Foodie Question(s):
Which fruits have the nicest fragrance? I remember peaches smelling aromatic,wild raspberries,a ripe Bartlett pear and some citrus fruit

Do you pre-heat the oven before use or no? Yes

Thank you bjh!

Old 01-19-2023, 06:44 AM

30,626 posts, read 16,299,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
These questions are without warranty or guarantee. If you dare give us your answers to . . .

Today's Question(s):

should but don't

hot water heater from electric to gas

Has an appliance failed in an interesting way or time or just stopped or stopped soon after the warranty ended?
during the fixing-up stage of this house-not living here yet- the water pump thingy sprang a leak. about 2 or 3 inches of water all through the basement. Shop-vacs sure come in handy.

rarely had a couple show up drunk. they didn't even get in the door.

If you get tires for a vehicle, do you buy the replacement warranty or have you had a covered tire replaced?
yup. used to not get it until 2 days after I bought new tires and I ran over a chunk of metal and had to buy another new tire.

Foodie Question(s):

grapes, apples when walking through an orchard, (people walking not the apples), strawberries

yes

thanks, bjh.

rainy morning here. I could either clean or snooze with Pest

Old 01-19-2023, 07:43 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,687 posts, read 81,491,960 times
Today's Question(s):
Have you ever cleaned the coils on a refrigerator? Maybe twice in 40+ years of owning them.

What's the last appliance you replaced? Dishwasher, our 3rd replacement since 1993.

Has an appliance failed in an interesting way or time or just stopped or stopped soon after the warranty ended? We had a Samsung Fridge that a month after the warranty ended developed a noise from one of the compressors. It was not fixable, so we had to buy a new one (different brand!). It turned out that there was a class action lawsuit on that one, and there have been several others since on their fridges.

Have you waited for a repairman who didn't show up or was late? No, I usually fix things myself

If you get tires for a vehicle, do you buy the replacement warranty or have you had a covered tire replaced? I haven't had a tire fail since 1971, so a replacement warranty would be wasteful. Since then I have never even had a flat, just 3-4 times a low tire that had a nail. All of my spares have remained in place, never on the ground. (Knocking on wood)

Foodie Question(s):
Which fruits have the nicest fragrance? Lemons, Pineapple.

Do you pre-heat the oven before use or no? For baking yes, for just reheating no.

Old 01-19-2023, 08:03 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,586,859 times
Today's Question(s):
Have you ever cleaned the coils on a refrigerator? Nope

What's the last appliance you replaced? Refrigerator. Freezer was working fine but not the fridge

Has an appliance failed in an interesting way or time or just stopped or stopped soon after the warranty ended? Not that I can think of

Have you waited for a repairman who didn't show up or was late? About an hour late

If you get tires for a vehicle, do you buy the replacement warranty or have you had a covered tire replaced? I've had a covered tire plugged, but not replaced. (slow leak)

Foodie Question(s):
Which fruits have the nicest fragrance? Pineapple

Do you pre-heat the oven before use or no? Yup

Old 01-19-2023, 08:30 AM

7,387 posts, read 5,500,545 times

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever cleaned the coils on a refrigerator? No, are you suppose to?

What's the last appliance you replaced? Stove and refrigerator when we remodeled our kitchen.

Has an appliance failed in an interesting way or time or just stopped or stopped soon after the warranty ended? Just stopped working because of age.

Have you waited for a repairman who didn't show up or was late? No

If you get tires for a vehicle, do you buy the replacement warranty or have you had a covered tire replaced? I don’t know.

Foodie Question(s):
Which fruits have the nicest fragrance? Apples

Do you pre-heat the oven before use or no? Yes

Thank you!

Old 01-19-2023, 09:17 AM

18,760 posts, read 11,822,947 times
[quote=bjh;64752538]These questions are without warranty or guarantee. If you dare give us your answers to . . .

Today's Question(s):
Yes. You have too with pets.
The refrigerator.

Our furnace guy didn't show up to do the final inspection on the boiler of the house we sold last year. I fired him forever.
Nope.

Foodie Question(s):
Apples baking in a pie.
When baking, yes.

Thanks bjh. We're heading to our friends Indian restaurant to see the paint job. We offered to help but they did it themselves. The pictures look great. Can't wait to see it and bumb a freebe. (They would never charge us anyway )

Old 01-19-2023, 09:42 AM

38,975 posts, read 22,980,069 times
Today's Question(s):
No

Washing machine

No, just stopped working. Nothing spectacular or noteworthy.

No, the ones I've used have been on-time and reliable, thankfully.

Interesting you should ask this question, because I just had my tires rotated and balanced this past Monday. The replacement warranty is included in the tire purchase and is somehow rolled into the price paid for the tires.

Foodie Question(s):
Oranges, lemons, and mangoes

Yes

Happy Friday Eve!

Old 01-19-2023, 10:12 AM

6,904 posts, read 4,920,978 times
Yes, I have cleaned the coils

Last thing I replaced was a freezer. I think it was about 13 years old.
We gave my sister a freezer years ago and it's still running. Never needed a repair and it's about 45 years old.

Nothing interesting when appliances fail. Repair people are pretty timely. Not so late I have ever been been bothered.

The only time we bought a tire warranty was in 2008 when my husband bought a mini cooper. It had run flat tires. I think that type of tire was fairly new back then. They didn't repair that type of tire at the time. I guess they do now. We had at least three replaced. When the warranty was up we went to regular tires.

Oranges for the best fragrance.

I thought everyone preheated the oven.

Old 01-19-2023, 10:27 AM

24,529 posts, read 26,081,068 times
Today's Question(s):
I have, but not on a regular schedule.

The garage freezer.

Yes, a in wall AC unit.

No

No, thinking about it I haven't bought tires in over 20 years.

Foodie Question(s):
Couldn't tell you as my sniffer is not that sensitive.

Usually, yes.

Thanx bjh. Hopefully bo appliances will fail due to these Q's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics