Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2023, 05:39 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,110 posts, read 30,435,770 times

Advertisements

These questions are without warranty or guarantee. If you dare give us your answers to . . .

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever cleaned the coils on a refrigerator?

What's the last appliance you replaced?

Has an appliance failed in an interesting way or time or just stopped or stopped soon after the warranty ended?

Have you waited for a repairman who didn't show up or was late?

If you get tires for a vehicle, do you buy the replacement warranty or have you had a covered tire replaced?

Foodie Question(s):
Which fruits have the nicest fragrance?

Do you pre-heat the oven before use or no?

There you have it. Enjoy your Thursday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2023, 05:55 PM

18,233 posts, read 25,891,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
These questions are without warranty or guarantee. If you dare give us your answers to . . .

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever cleaned the coils on a refrigerator? No

What's the last appliance you replaced? bought a new fridge from Sears seven years ago, as small as small appliances go, bought a new Mr. Coffee last week, the old one died a noble death.

Has an appliance failed in an interesting way or time or just stopped or stopped soon after the warranty ended? no, just stopped!

Have you waited for a repairman who didn't show up or was late? Just once, it was for furnace repair, I wasn't upset about it, that day was a blzzard and half!

If you get tires for a vehicle, do you buy the replacement warranty or have you had a covered tire replaced? I buy from Sam's Club and the warranty is always covered with the purchase of tires.

Foodie Question(s):
Which fruits have the nicest fragrance? mango

Do you pre-heat the oven before use or no? yes

first one in! YAY!! Thanks BJH!!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-18-2023 at 06:04 PM..

Old 01-18-2023, 05:59 PM

7,251 posts, read 7,094,585 times

Today's Question(s):

no

probably the toaster but that was several years ago. All new appliances in our new home.

Has an appliance failed in an interesting way or time or just stopped or stopped soon after the warranty ended?

Interesting? Not really. Had a hot water heater fail. Had a dryer heating coil go out. Nothing spectacular.

Aren't they all late? Yes.

If you get tires for a vehicle, do you buy the replacement warranty or have you had a covered tire replaced?

Hubby is a stickler for tire warranties. Yes, I've had one replaced via warranty.

Foodie Question(s):

oranges, bananas and strawberries.

Of course. You're not supposed to put food in a cold oven.

Old 01-18-2023, 08:00 PM

1,380 posts, read 619,520 times

Hello!

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever cleaned the coils on a refrigerator? No

What's the last appliance you replaced? Dishwasher

Has an appliance failed in an interesting way or time or just stopped or stopped soon after the warranty ended? Our 25+ year old fridge just stopped. When we went to replace it we asked if we can have one that would last as long.....................The sales person laughed and said refrigerators now have a life of about 10 years, maybe less.

Have you waited for a repairman who didn't show up or was late? If they're late they call and advise if they're coming or not.

If you get tires for a vehicle, do you buy the replacement warranty or have you had a covered tire replaced? Warranty.

Foodie Question(s):

Which fruits have the nicest fragrance? Mango, pineapple, coconut, soursop, and orange.

Do you pre-heat the oven before use or no? Preheat.

THX

Carpe Diem, everyone.

Old 01-18-2023, 08:39 PM

21,565 posts, read 8,743,307 times

Today's Question(s):
I know you're supposed to, but I've never done that.
The washer and dryer.
The wall oven developed a short in one of the coils and started sparking when I turned it on.
Yes, although usually that doesn't happen.
I've never been offered a replacement warranty for tires.

Foodie Question(s):
Oranges, lemons, strawberries.
Yes, I do.

Thanks, bjh!

Old 01-18-2023, 09:34 PM

16,080 posts, read 21,189,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever cleaned the coils on a refrigerator? Yes, my last one only gave out a few years ago and it was nearly twenty five years old, lots of coil cleaning in that time!

What's the last appliance you replaced? The aforementioned fridge.

Has an appliance failed in an interesting way or time or just stopped or stopped soon after the warranty ended? I replaced a stove that had somehow melted or shorted the cord, the repair guy said I was lucky the house didn't burn.

Have you waited for a repairman who didn't show up or was late? I haven't been given an appointment time in decades, just told they'll come out on such and such a day in the morning or the afternoon. Learned to just take the whole day off because it's always a crapshoot as to how long it'll take for the job to get done.

If you get tires for a vehicle, do you buy the replacement warranty or have you had a covered tire replaced? I don't typically do a warranty, they seem designed to expire the day before whatever product goes out.

Foodie Question(s):
Which fruits have the nicest fragrance? Cantaloupe and strawberries

Do you pre-heat the oven before use or no? I do

thx

Old 01-18-2023, 09:46 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,060,976 times
Today's Question(s):
No

What's the last appliance you replaced? vacuum cleaner

Has an appliance failed in an interesting way or time or just stopped or stopped soon after the warranty ended? Uhhh, I sucked a sock that I had on top of the clothes dryer into the lint hole that was open because I forgot to clean it before I started the dryer. Pushed it in more when I put the lint screen back in.

Have you waited for a repairman who didn't show up or was late? Not that I recall.

If you get tires for a vehicle, do you buy the replacement warranty or have you had a covered tire replaced? You're talking car talk and I never learned that language. I just buy new tires when the servce guy at the car dealership says I need them.

Foodie Question(s):
pears. I have pear and melon liquid soap but the pear scent stands out.

Do you pre-heat the oven before use or no? Only if instructions on the item says to do it.

Last edited by LauraC; 01-18-2023 at 09:55 PM..

Old 01-18-2023, 10:08 PM

61,870 posts, read 87,339,575 times

Today's Question(s):

Every year.

Replaced, nothing. But got a cordless vacuum cleaner and an air fryer from my son.

Not that I remember.

Nothing was repaired for many years.

When I buy a new car, l order high quality tires that last a long time, way beyond any warranty.

Foodie Question(s):

Nowadays fruit has no fragrance, because it's stored in warehouses for a long time.
I like the smell of organic strawberries, when they are in season.

Depends what l am going to bake.

Wishing you the same, bjh!

Old 01-18-2023, 11:00 PM

44,651 posts, read 61,691,885 times
Today's Question(s):
Have you ever cleaned the coils on a refrigerator? About a year ago, yes.

What's the last appliance you replaced? Refrigerator 3 years ago, after tomorrow will be the water heater.

Has an appliance failed in an interesting way or time or just stopped or stopped soon after the warranty ended? A few appliances have. On a side note, car batteries are notorious for failing right after the warranty period.

Have you waited for a repairman who didn't show up or was late? Most are right on the time they say or some give you a 3-4 hour window to wait on.

If you get tires for a vehicle, do you buy the replacement warranty or have you had a covered tire replaced? Yes and yes.

Foodie Question(s):
Which fruits have the nicest fragrance? I like Elnina's answer, I can't smell any fruit anymore.

Do you pre-heat the oven before use or no? If the instructions say so.

There you have it. Enjoy your Thursday. U-2.
Rate this post positively bjh

Old 01-19-2023, 01:01 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,398,947 times
Good Morning

Today's Question(s):

What's the last appliance you replaced? Refrigerator. Stove is next.

Has an appliance failed in an interesting way or time or just stopped or stopped soon after the warranty ended? Had the oven fail the day before Thanksgiving. Thankfully we could buy a new element and problem solved. Refrigerator failed once--luckily it was Winter and food could stay outside until it was repaired.

If you get tires for a vehicle, do you buy the replacement warranty or have you had a covered tire replaced? Covered tire replacement is usually included.

Foodie Question(s):
Which fruits have the nicest fragrance? Strawberries

Do you pre-heat the oven before use or no? YES! Once it gets to correct temperature I let it preheat for about ten minutes. Reading an article in Cooks Illustrated changed the way I preheat.

Enjoy your Thursday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics