Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2023, 10:07 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,015,462 times

Advertisements

(Yard work or gardening and house work count or just getting things done.) What exercise did you last get, even if it wasn't planned or intended as exercise?
***Let's see now, 6 trips a day to the fridge for a cheep beer. 4 trips a day to the fridge for stinky cheese. 1 trip a day to buy more cheep beer. 1 trip somewhere to get something to eat. That's enough exercise for a day.

Do you check email daily or let it go occasionally?
***Check daily.

Is there anyone or anything you call on your phone almost every day, like a weather report or anything else?
***I might make 1 phone call a week.

What non-necessities do you tend to buy regardless of recessions or inflation?
***Not much

Foodie Question(s):
What specifically do you eat or drink almost every day?
***Besides cheep beer and stinky cheese? I drink lots of water. Usually a Pepsi. Sunflower seeds.

Do you have more, less or the same appetite for food that you had when younger?
***A little less

Well, I have to go polish my flamingo now. That's not a euphemism for anything else by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2023, 10:19 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,147 posts, read 30,465,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Walter applied for a security position with me, but my security moose felt Walter would not be able to hold his own against anything bigger than a mouse. I might have pointed Walter bjh's direction.
That explains a lot. In Walter's defense he has scared off squirrels and chipmunks too.

Old 02-01-2023, 11:14 PM

44,388 posts, read 20,113,945 times
I noticed on Sunday some folks thought I might have a flamingo in my yard. To set the record straight I didn't acquire Walter, the pink plastic flamingo, he just showed up one day. Hey, if Alaskan Mutt can keep a security moose . . .

Meanwhile this Thursday is Ground Hog Day! Let's join Walter in celebrating Ground Hog Day with . . .

Today's Question(s):
(Yard work or gardening and house work count or just getting things done.) What exercise did you last get, even if it wasn't planned or intended as exercise? A couple of hours ago I did a workout using my Simply Fit Board.

Do you check email daily or let it go occasionally? I check it several times a day if I'm home. If I'm away for the day, I'll check it before I leave and upon my return, and usually just before I go to bed at night.

Is there anyone or anything you call on your phone almost every day, like a weather report or anything else? No. I don't like making phone calls, so I avoid that as much as possible.

What non-necessities do you tend to buy regardless of recessions or inflation? Greeting cards and stationery. I write to a lot of people.

Foodie Question(s):
What specifically do you eat or drink almost every day? Green salad; almond milk.

Do you have more, less or the same appetite for food that you had when younger? Unfortunately, the same (too much).

Well, I have to go polish my flamingo now. That's not a euphemism for anything else by the way. Fun questions, bjh! Happy Groundhog Day, everyone!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 02-01-2023, 11:18 PM

44,662 posts, read 61,751,282 times
Today's Question(s):
(Yard work or gardening and house work count or just getting things done.) What exercise did you last get, even if it wasn't planned or intended as exercise? Walked 30 steps to & fro to the garbage can. After that went grocery shopping & walked down most of the aisles at the store. Today was seniors' day, 10% discount.

Do you check email daily or let it go occasionally? Daily 2-3 times.

Is there anyone or anything you call on your phone almost every day, like a weather report or anything else? Nope, rarely on the phone anymore..

What non-necessities do you tend to buy regardless of recessions or inflation? Can't think of anything.

Foodie Question(s):
What specifically do you eat or drink almost every day? Drink milk coffee water beer, all in moderation.

Do you have more, less or the same appetite for food that you had when younger? Nothing's changed, eat the same weigh the same.

bjh

Old 02-02-2023, 02:55 AM

14,824 posts, read 8,156,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I noticed on Sunday some folks thought I might have a flamingo in my yard. To set the record straight I didn't acquire Walter, the pink plastic flamingo, he just showed up one day. Hey, if Alaskan Mutt can keep a security moose . . .

Meanwhile this Thursday is Ground Hog Day! Let's join Walter in celebrating Ground Hog Day with . . .

Today's Question(s):
(Yard work or gardening and house work count or just getting things done.) What exercise did you last get, even if it wasn't planned or intended as exercise?
Walk
Usually a couple times a day
Is there anyone or anything you call on your phone almost every day, like a weather report or anything else?
Not a big telephone caller...
I just buy things as needed, not an impulse buyer because I hate to shop.

Foodie Question(s):
Coffee and water....the rest varies
Much less.

Well, I have to go polish my flamingo now. That's not a euphemism for anything else by the way.

Old 02-02-2023, 05:01 AM

3,168 posts, read 1,040,823 times
Good morning.
What exercise did you last get, even if it wasn't planned or intended as exercise?
Walking in the woods+Pilates, yesterday morning.
Almost daily. I let it go occasionally.
My parents, yes. (we are very close)
Yarn.

Foodie Question(s):
Veggies, soup. Mineral water.
It depends, sometimes more, other times the same. In general I would say a little more than when I was younger.

Thanks bjh.

Old 02-02-2023, 05:11 AM

9,742 posts, read 14,300,385 times
Today's Question(s):
(Yard work or gardening and house work count or just getting things done.) What exercise did you last get, even if it wasn't planned or intended as exercise? My every day job is physical.....crawling, climbing, stooping, walking, etc.

Do you check email daily or let it go occasionally? Work related...I check my e-mail many times during the day.

Yes, as an independent contractor, I either call my base, or log in to their pass-protected site more than once/day.

What non-necessities do you tend to buy regardless of recessions or inflation? Orange Gatorade

Foodie Question(s):
What specifically do you eat or drink almost every day? Toasted Bagel w/cream cheese almost every morning.

Do you have more, less or the same appetite for food that you had when younger? Very different. I don't eat hamburgers, hot dogs, drink cokes, and I try to eat healthy foods.

Happy Day, to All!

Old 02-02-2023, 06:07 AM

7,387 posts, read 5,500,545 times

Today's Question(s):
(Yard work or gardening and house work count or just getting things done.) What exercise did you last get, even if it wasn't planned or intended as exercise? I go to yoga and then do a few weights and 20 minutes on the treadmill.

Do you check email daily or let it go occasionally? Several times a day

Is there anyone or anything you call on your phone almost every day, like a weather report or anything else? No

What non-necessities do you tend to buy regardless of recessions or inflation? A pizza from somewhere.

Foodie Question(s):
What specifically do you eat or drink almost every day? Tea 2-3 cups day.

Do you have more, less or the same appetite for food that you had when younger? Same

Thank you!

Old 02-02-2023, 06:21 AM

126,326 posts, read 19,111,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
(Yard work or gardening and house work count or just getting things done.) What exercise did you last get, even if it wasn't planned or intended as exercise? Vacuuming the entire house

Do you check email daily or let it go occasionally? Usually daily

Is there anyone or anything you call on your phone almost every day, like a weather report or anything else? Yes I do or visa versa

What non-necessities do you tend to buy regardless of recessions or inflation? I only buy what is needed

Foodie Question(s):
What specifically do you eat or drink almost every day? I eat every day 1 grapefruit, wheat germ,banana,nuts soaked in water and I drink lemon water,green tea,2 cups black coffee/day and plenty of water

Do you have more, less or the same appetite for food that you had when younger? I definitely eat less

Thank you bjh

Old 02-02-2023, 07:20 AM

27,387 posts, read 27,431,542 times
Excersise, every day at work.
I check my email a couple times a day.
Ive never, so far, gone a day without chocolate or coffee.
Ive always been a big eater.. Always.
Have a great day everyone...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics