Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2023, 09:01 PM

12,673 posts, read 3,001,449 times

Advertisements

Did you ever wear pajamas under your clothes on a cold day?

What kinds of bread products do you buy?

What jobs look really hard to do?

What would you say or do if a neighbor came to you and said their fridge died and asked if they could put a few things in yours for a couple days?

What would you do if your fridge died?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-03-2023 at 11:20 PM.. Reason: Edited thread title to correct date. ;)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2023, 09:28 PM

21,625 posts, read 8,787,204 times
No, but sometimes I wear silk log johns under my clothing.
English muffins, sourdough, whole wheat.
Brain surgeon, motel housekeeper, construction worker.
What would you say or do if a neighbor came to you and said their fridge died and asked if they could put a few things in yours for a couple days?
I would say yes, of course.
Buy a bag of ice and get out the ice chest. Prepare and eat as much frozen food as possible.

Thanks, PegE!

Old 02-03-2023, 09:39 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,945,772 times
No, I wear thermal underwear if need be.
Swedish cardamom, garlic naan, crusty sourdough
Surgeon, firefighter
No, my frig/freezer is full of my own stuff. Besides, it is winter and super cold outside so stick the food in something animals can't get in to and put it outside your backdoor.
Go buy a new one right away. I certainly wouldn't solicit the neighbors.

Thank you, PegE!

Old 02-03-2023, 09:51 PM

37,820 posts, read 41,132,981 times
Did you ever wear pajamas under your clothes on a cold day? Haven't worn pajamas since I was around 12 but even when I was a kid, never did that.

What kinds of bread products do you buy? Bagels, biscuits and sometimes garlic bread.

What jobs look really hard to do? For me it would be White House Press Secretary, moving man, seamstress, balloon animal maker, babysitter, chemist, paint the yellow or double yellow line in the middle of the road person, geometry teacher, complaint desk person, social worker being asked to stand in for police on domestic violence calls where police have been defunded, parent of teen, tour guide, any medical job, food taster, chicken plucker.

What would you say or do if a neighbor came to you and said their fridge died and asked if they could put a few things in yours for a couple days? Sure. Just no room in the freezer.

What would you do if your fridge died. This one is easy. Since I live in an apartment complex, I'd call maintenance and they would bring me a new refrigerator...and one for my neighbor in the previous question.

Old 02-03-2023, 10:06 PM
bjh

60,243 posts, read 30,513,930 times
Been there, done that. Especially when part of my day has been outside.
Maybe a loaf a bread a month and i'm happy to see if that can be eliminated. I bought a package of Hawaiian rolls recently and had to put them inthe freezer. Not eating them quickly enough.
Anything where people have to be out in harsh weather (hot or cold) or on their feet all day looks unpleasant to me.
There's an extra fridge in the utility room. They'd be welcome to park their perishables there. But if they don't retrieve them after 30 days their ice cream is mine.
Cook or eat what could be cooked or eaten. If possible give away anything else, like ice cream. Throw out what couldn't be salvaged.

Thanks, PegE.

Old 02-03-2023, 10:52 PM

44,693 posts, read 61,850,766 times
Did you ever wear pajamas under your clothes on a cold day? No.

What kinds of bread products do you buy? Whole wheat, english muffins, hamburger and hot dog buns.

What jobs look really hard to do? High rise window washer, steeple repairman, sewer repairman.

What would you say or do if a neighbor came to you and said their fridge died and asked if they could put a few things in yours for a couple days? Ours is always full, they can borrow our 2 large coolers and get some ice and use them.

What would you do if your fridge died? Buy a new one immediately and store the food in our 2 large coolers until the new one arrives.

Old 02-03-2023, 11:29 PM

44,410 posts, read 20,152,734 times
Did you ever wear pajamas under your clothes on a cold day? No. I never heard of doing that.

What kinds of bread products do you buy? I very rarely buy bread, usually just if I'm having company for dinner. But once or twice a year I'll purchase some Wolferman's English Muffins online. OMG, they are so good! Gotta hav the extra thick ones. If I'm going to blow the diet, it's going to be bid-time!

What jobs look really hard to do? Window washer on a skyscraper; builder of big bridges; brain surgeon.

What would you say or do if a neighbor came to you and said their fridge died and asked if they could put a few things in yours for a couple days? My fridge isn't huge, but they'd be welcome to use whatever space I have.

What would you do if your fridge died? I'd box up the contents and bring it all to my boyfriend's house and put it in one of his fridges. He has a large fridge in his kitchen and an average-sized one in his basement. Neither has a lot of stuff in it, so there's plenty of room for my stuff.

Thanks for the Saturday questions, PegE!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 02-03-2023, 11:45 PM

62,082 posts, read 87,801,988 times

Huh??? People do that?

Dark German rye with whole grains or bake at home

Coal miners, oil rig workers, firemen, aspiring chefs in a Michelin restaurant, roofers in hot states, road pavers...

I will gladly accommodate his food and also lend him ice chests for temporary use.

Call service people?? Buy new if old can't be repaired? I have second fridge in the garage. Won't frick out.

Old 02-04-2023, 02:12 AM

11,410 posts, read 9,335,326 times
Did you ever wear pajamas under your clothes on a cold day? - I do not own them. What I have are nightshirts that are only worn when in my apartment.

What kinds of bread products do you buy? - I've put the link up here before but I think this small bakery in my neighborhood run by a married couple who live upstairs from their business, is among the best bread I ever had. A small loaf lasts me 3-4 weeks:
https://www.motzibread.com/

Besides that once in a while I buy a small package of wheat rolls from a market. Except for a small amount I store in the freezer.

Chocolate muffins also count here and I usually get one from the local Saturday farmers market which like that bread store is also in my neighborhood.

What jobs look really hard to do? - Manual jobs like road and building construction, office moving (I did a few of those jobs part-time long ago), and coal mining.

Certain types of surgery should also be mentioned.

What would you say or do if a neighbor came to you and said their fridge died and asked if they could put a few things in yours for a couple days? - There is no room unless it's one small item. The chances I would be asked to do that is practically zero.

I live in my own small apartment that did not come with a refrigerator. For whatever reason I thought the one I bought was a little bigger than it actually is. I'm making due but I wish it was bigger. It's about the size of one that you would see in a dorm room.

What would you do if your fridge died? - Take the loss and buy a new one ASAP.

In my last apartment before I moved here did come with a refrigerator. The one supplied to me died two months after I moved in. Of course it was well stocked so I took about an $80.00 loss. When I mentioned that to the landlord he replied, "oh well, s_hit happens!" He was not a nice man. First he told me "it would be a while" then he thought of the empty apartment across the hall so I got that one which was also old but it never quit on me. FWIW it was smaller than the one that died and about twice the size as the one I have now.

Thanks, PegE!

Old 02-04-2023, 03:14 AM

12,673 posts, read 3,001,449 times
Thanks for fixing the thread title, Pam. I didn't know I'd done that. On another thread they said it was your birthday. If so happy birthday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics