Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2023, 04:10 AM

11,391 posts, read 9,314,596 times

Advertisements

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you used a tea bag that has no string attached to it? - No tea or coffee for me. I like water. Caffeine gives me a headache and I won't drink decaffeinated either.

Have you used loose tea leaves?

Do you buy coffee beans to grind at home?

Do you own a hot beverage machine that uses single-serving pods such as K-cups?

My bank has a small machine in its lobby which makes coffee, tea and hot chocolate for free. Did you ever use such a machine in a business that you visited? - I've seen them in banks and car repair facilities.

Have you used a teapot?

Do you ever keep hot beverages in an insulated pitcher? - Can't remember the last hot beverage I had...

Do you have a favorite container for hot or cold beverages that you use outside of your home? - No.

What types of herbs do you like?

What are some of your favorite spices? - I like fresh garlic and I have an amazing presser. I use it at least 4 times per week.

Do you like spicy-hot foods? - No. I'm fond of Indian food but to me it's not that spicy, just full of flavor. At least at the 2 main Indian restaurants that I go to.

What is your favorite starchy food and how do you like it prepared? - Fresh garlic in spaghetti and chicken parmesan on top of spaghetti.

Due to lack of space here I buy it at a couple of Italian carry-out types when I want it which isn't too often.

That's all for now, boys and girls. Have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness. - Thanks, Pam!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2023, 04:48 AM

9,742 posts, read 14,302,535 times
Have you used a tea bag that has no string attached to it? A few years ago, I bought a box of those by mistake.

Have you used loose tea leaves? I tried the tea ball method....too much mess and work for me.

Do you buy coffee beans to grind at home? Many years ago, I tried that....no advantage there for me. About "coffee"....I might have one cup of decaf coffee every week or two....really not a fan.

Do you own a hot beverage machine that uses single-serving pods such as K-cups? No. That's a real money maker for coffee companies. The price of those machines is crazy!

My bank has a small machine in its lobby which makes coffee, tea and hot chocolate for free. Did you ever use such a machine in a business that you visited? OMG, No. I've seen those at many places in my area. They've got to be nasty, as I'm thinking they never wash/rinse those machines......just keep refilling.

Have you used a teapot? Yes

Do you ever keep hot beverages in an insulated pitcher? No

Do you have a favorite container for hot or cold beverages that you use outside of your home? No

What types of herbs do you like? Oregano

What are some of your favorite spices? I don't like a lot of spices, or spiced food

Do you like spicy-hot foods? No

What is your favorite starchy food and how do you like it prepared? No favorites. I've given up, or have limited, most starchy foods, and I dropped 15 pounds.

Thanks, Pam

Old 02-07-2023, 04:58 AM

30,629 posts, read 16,304,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
Hello, everyone! Scroll on down to see what I came up with for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you used a tea bag that has no string attached to it?
long time ago

again, a long time ago.

don't drink coffee

nope

My bank has a small machine in its lobby which makes coffee, tea and hot chocolate for free. Did you ever use such a machine in a business that you visited?
yes but never used one.

Have you used a teapot?
no

Do you ever keep hot beverages in an insulated pitcher?

not into hot drinks but I do have 2 hippo tea pots.

Do you have a favorite container for hot or cold beverages that you use outside of your home?
no (regular negative nellie here today)

basil

What are some of your favorite spices?
garlic, currt

Do you like spicy-hot foods?
nope

What is your favorite starchy food and how do you like it prepared?
noodle smothered in butter

That's all for now, boys and girls. Have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

thanks, PJ

Old 02-07-2023, 05:09 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,625,949 times

----- Yes

----- No

----- Used to but now have no grinder. Never tried crushing them with a hammer, like I do peppercorns

----- no

My bank has a small machine in its lobby which makes coffee, tea and hot chocolate for free. Did you ever use such a machine in a business that you visited?
----- No. my bank has a pot of real coffee

Have you used a teapot?
----- Yes. I can even sing the "I'm a little teapot" song.

----- No

Do you have a favorite container for hot or cold beverages that you use outside of your home?
-----I buy thin-lipped cups at yard sales. and take one to my rental office for daily coffee, I hate mugs. But the china ones break easily, even when careful.

What types of herbs do you like?.
------ Just paprike and Italian mix and chili. Most herbs, I can't tell if they're in there r not.

What are some of your favorite spices? ^^^^^

----- Depends. I can drink Tabasco rom the bottle, but can't take Asian black pepper.

----- I love paprika chicken on my nokedlis. I also make a passable quick njeri bread for duro wat. Couscous. Quick Mamaliga with sour cream.

That's all for now,

Old 02-07-2023, 05:30 AM

3,169 posts, read 1,040,823 times
Good morning.

Yes.
Yes.
I did in the past, when I was 20 and drank coffee. I don't drink coffee anymore. I do have an old and tiny coffee grinder that I use for nuts now.
No.
Never.
Have you used a teapot?
Yes and I use it daily. One of the small pleasures in life every morning...making the tea and drinking it...
Rarely.
I only have one and I use it maybe once a year, so rarely.
Rosemary, basil.
Cinnamon.
Just a tiny bit spicy, not too spicy.
Grissini. I like the Italian grissini, with herbs, poppy seeds and salt. I used to buy them from an Italian store here in the US. When I was a child I liked them a lot. In Europe they sell many types of them, Italian. Now...I don't eat bread anymore. I do miss these skinny grissini.

Thanks Pam.

Old 02-07-2023, 05:34 AM

1,389 posts, read 624,944 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Good morning

Have you used a tea bag that has no string attached to it? Yes.

Have you used loose tea leaves? Yes. I sometimes make my own mix of equal measure oolong and rooibos, delicious, good health benefits. I buy those do-it-yourself tea bags.

https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-oolong-tea

https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-rooibos-tea

bags: https://www.amazon.com/Tinkee-materi...ps%2C74&sr=8-6

Do you buy coffee beans to grind at home? No.

Do you own a hot beverage machine that uses single-serving pods such as K-cups? No. For coffee I use the stovetop Bialetti which makes the best espresso like in olden days, and the Nespresso Aeroccino 4 for lattes which also has other features.

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.99a9ph...id=ImgDet&rs=1

https://www.nespresso.com/us/en/aeroccino4

My bank has a small machine in its lobby which makes coffee, tea and hot chocolate for free. Did you ever use such a machine in a business that you visited? No

Do you have a favorite container for hot or cold beverages that you use outside of your home? I don't really have a favorite, but whatever works.

What types of herbs do you like? Lots of them. The most used basil, cilantro, bay leaf, garlic, rosemary.............

What are some of your favorite spices? Most used cumin a staple in our cuisine, saffron, paprika, ginger, turmeric, pepper, cinnamon.................

Do you like spicy-hot foods? In moderation or else, Agita!

What is your favorite starchy food and how do you like it prepared? Rice and beans. Cuban style black beans are my favorite particularly good with either basmati and jasmine rice, with all types of sides.:https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e7/a2...4dc51838f4.jpg

That's all for now, boys and girls. Have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

Fun!, Thx

Enjoy your day, folks!

Old 02-07-2023, 05:48 AM

126,330 posts, read 19,114,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you used a tea bag that has no string attached to it? Yes Chamomile tea bags

Have you used loose tea leaves? Yes all the time

Do you buy coffee beans to grind at home? Yes a must

Do you own a hot beverage machine that uses single-serving pods such as K-cups? No

My bank has a small machine in its lobby which makes coffee, tea and hot chocolate for free. Did you ever use such a machine in a business that you visited? No I have not

Have you used a teapot? I use teapot all the time

Do you ever keep hot beverages in an insulated pitcher? They are practical when one has guests for the holidays

Do you have a favorite container for hot or cold beverages that you use outside of your home? I have a thermos bottle for trips

What types of herbs do you like? I like cilantro,parsley,chive,marjoram,mint,oregano ....

What are some of your favorite spices? Turmeric,coriander,cumin,curry,smoked paprika,black pepper,ginger and garlic,cinnamon and cardamon,oregano......

Do you like spicy-hot foods? Yes I do

What is your favorite starchy food and how do you like it prepared? Muesli with fruit,cinnamon,honey,lemon and either milk or yogurt with it, home baked European bread with butter and cheese,Pumpernickel bread with quark and sliced tomatoes topped with chive,Käsespätzle/homemade German cheese spaetzle with layered Emmentaler grated cheese and caramelized onions,garlic mashed potatoes with a dollop of sour cream

Thank you Pammy for the appetizing questions!

Old 02-07-2023, 07:26 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,589,405 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you used a tea bag that has no string attached to it? Nope. Don't drink hot tea

Have you used loose tea leaves? Nope. But my ex MIL used loose tea in cheesecloth when she made 5 gallons of tea a week

Do you buy coffee beans to grind at home? Nope

Do you own a hot beverage machine that uses single-serving pods such as K-cups? Yup

My bank has a small machine in its lobby which makes coffee, tea and hot chocolate for free. Did you ever use such a machine in a business that you visited? Think I saw one in a hotel once

Have you used a teapot? Nope

Do you ever keep hot beverages in an insulated pitcher? Nope

Do you have a favorite container for hot or cold beverages that you use outside of your home? Nope

What types of herbs do you like? Not big on much past salt and pepper. Have a seasoned salt I use a lot

Do you like spicy-hot foods? Nope

What is your favorite starchy food and how do you like it prepared? Potatoes either boiled or fried

Old 02-07-2023, 07:59 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,687 posts, read 81,510,683 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you used a tea bag that has no string attached to it? All the time, usually British or Canadian like Murchie's or Yorkshire.

Have you used loose tea leaves? Yes

Do you buy coffee beans to grind at home? Yes, Lavazza.

Do you own a hot beverage machine that uses single-serving pods such as K-cups? Nespresso.

My bank has a small machine in its lobby which makes coffee, tea and hot chocolate for free. Did you ever use such a machine in a business that you visited? Not recently.

Do you have a favorite container for hot or cold beverages that you use outside of your home? Yes, insulated metal.

What types of herbs do you like? Basil, Bay Leaf, Oregano, Rosemary.

What are some of your favorite spices? Cinnamon, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Paprika.

Do you like spicy-hot foods? Yes, to a point.

What is your favorite starchy food and how do you like it prepared? Risotto, especially one that I make using Arborio rice, chicken stock, finely chopped carrots and asparagus.

Old 02-07-2023, 08:45 AM

27,387 posts, read 27,433,530 times
Yes I use loose yea leaves a lot.
My bank also has one of those coffee machine things that I’ve used.
So does the car dealer I did business with.
I keep my hot drinks in my thermos.
Spicy hot foods, everything I eat is spicy hot lol.
Happy Tuesday everyone~~~

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics