Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2023, 10:19 PM

44,347 posts, read 20,047,057 times

Advertisements

Hello, everyone! Scroll on down to see what I came up with for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you used a tea bag that has no string attached to it?

Have you used loose tea leaves?

Do you buy coffee beans to grind at home?

Do you own a hot beverage machine that uses single-serving pods such as K-cups?

My bank has a small machine in its lobby which makes coffee, tea and hot chocolate for free. Did you ever use such a machine in a business that you visited?

Have you used a teapot?

Do you ever keep hot beverages in an insulated pitcher?

Do you have a favorite container for hot or cold beverages that you use outside of your home?

What types of herbs do you like?

What are some of your favorite spices?

Do you like spicy-hot foods?

What is your favorite starchy food and how do you like it prepared?

That's all for now, boys and girls. Have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 02-06-2023, 10:33 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you used a tea bag that has no string attached to it? Yes.

Have you used loose tea leaves? No.

Do you buy coffee beans to grind at home? No.

Do you own a hot beverage machine that uses single-serving pods such as K-cups? No.

My bank has a small machine in its lobby which makes coffee, tea and hot chocolate for free. Did you ever use such a machine in a business that you visited? No.

Have you used a teapot? Yes.

Do you ever keep hot beverages in an insulated pitcher? Sometimes an insulated cup.

Do you have a favorite container for hot or cold beverages that you use outside of your home? No.

What types of herbs do you like? Herb Alpert & the Tiajuana Brass.

Do you like spicy-hot foods? No.

What is your favorite starchy food and how do you like it prepared? Potatoes, any which way.

That's all for now, boys and girls. Have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.
ms pam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2023, 10:42 PM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Yes, I have. They're a hassle to remove.
Yes, I prefer loose leaf tea to tea bags.
I have done that, but I usually go to Peet's and have them grind them for me.
No, only a standard coffee maker.
My bank has a small machine in its lobby which makes coffee, tea and hot chocolate for free. Did you ever use such a machine in a business that you visited?
I've seen them but haven't used them.
Have you used a teapot?
Yes, I have.
No, but the coffee maker has an insulated carafe.
Do you have a favorite container for hot or cold beverages that you use outside of your home?
Yes, an old Thermos.
Basil, rosemary, thyme, oregano, dill, cilantro, parsley.
Cinnamon, coriander, nutmeg, cloves, curry powder, smoked paprika.
Not much. They burn my mouth!
Potatoes. I love them just about any style, but I especially like baked, au gratin and roasted red potato wedges.

Thanks, Pammy!

Old 02-06-2023, 10:56 PM

6,849 posts, read 4,847,655 times
Yes, yes, no, no, no, yes, no, no.

Sage, rosemary, Basil, oregano, thyme, etc.

Cardamom, cinnamon, curries, ginger, etc.

I like it spicy!

Pasta, potatoes.

Old 02-06-2023, 11:25 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

No, don't think I have ever seen one, either.

Have you used loose tea leaves? No

Do you buy coffee beans to grind at home? No. Don't drink coffee.

Do you own a hot beverage machine that uses single-serving pods such as K-cups? No

My bank has a small machine in its lobby which makes coffee, tea and hot chocolate for free. Did you ever use such a machine in a business that you visited? There is one in my car dealership along with free snacks but I have never used it. Usually bring a bottle of water with me.

Have you used a teapot? Back in the 1970s and 80s had one.

Do you ever keep hot beverages in an insulated pitcher? No. Rarely drink hot beverages.

Do you have a favorite container for hot or cold beverages that you use outside of your home? No. Drink from the bottle or cans.

What types of herbs do you like? What are some of your favorite spices? Okay, you didn't say just "to eat" so I'll go with oregano, basil, garlic, cranberry, lavender and aloe vera. Old Spice because it has a manly scent.

Do you like spicy-hot foods? Mildly hot is okay. I like Chinese Orange Beef.

What is your favorite starchy food and how do you like it prepared? Ricotta cavatelli al dente with tomato sauce, meatballs and self-grated Romano cheese.

Old 02-07-2023, 12:50 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times
Good Morning

Do you own a hot beverage machine that uses single-serving pods such as K-cups? I mostly make "pour over" coffee with a carafe and filters <--like my coffee best that way. My son bought me a Nepresso machine. I prefer the expresso pods to make Americano.

My bank has a small machine in its lobby which makes coffee, tea and hot chocolate for free. Did you ever use such a machine in a business that you visited? Rarely

Have you used a teapot? Of course, my mother was from Scotland.

Do you have a favorite container for hot or cold beverages that you use outside of your home? Yes, I take coffee or tea to work everyday in my Miir tumbler.

What types of herbs do you like? Oregano, rosemary, basil, thyme

What are some of your favorite spices? ^

What is your favorite starchy food and how do you like it prepared? Potatoes, boiled served with butter and dill

Happy Tuesday...

Old 02-07-2023, 12:59 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,000,696 times
I have skipped the first 7 questions as I do not drink coffee or tea. In fact I don't drink anything hot. In the almost 66 years that I have been occupying this planet I have taken exactly two sips of coffee. Once was in high school when a really cute girl offered me a sip. After taking a sip I decided she was cute but not cute enough to get me drinking coffee. The other time was a few years later after a really cute barmaid kept bringing me beer. I thought a cup of coffee might help sober me up. After one sip I decided being drunk was a better choice.

***The bottle the cheap beer is in.

***Don't know.

***Garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and Mrs Dash.

***Not real hot

***Spuds fixed all ways.

Last edited by Alaskan Mutt; 02-07-2023 at 01:09 AM..

Old 02-07-2023, 01:09 AM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS
Many times.
Have not.
Nope.
Did you ever use such a machine in a business that you visited?
Yes.
Have you used a teapot?
Nope.
Basil, oregano, garlic, cinnamon, mint, dill.
I like flavorful foods. I don't need them to be hot.
Good question. Potatoes are mostly blah unless you add something, true of most starches imo. But potato chips are da bomb. Pasta is okay with tomato sauces. I really like rice. I even started thread about it once.
I really like good bread. If I had to choose between bread and rice forever, I'd choose bread. So I'll say bread. I like rye, pumpernickel, sweet bread like Hawaiian rolls or buttery, eggy breads like brioche, garlic bread, Texas toast, cinnamon rolls, muffins, etc. Cake.

Thanks letting me work that out, Pam.

Ancient thread about rice:
Why is rice so good?

Last edited by bjh; 02-07-2023 at 01:19 AM.. Reason: add link

Old 02-07-2023, 02:55 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you used a tea bag that has no string attached to it? Yes.

Have you used loose tea leaves? Yes, I have both a tea ball and a special mug with an infuser for my loose tea.

Do you buy coffee beans to grind at home? No. I'm currently looking at buying a small grinder, so that will be changing soon I hope. .

Do you own a hot beverage machine that uses single-serving pods such as K-cups? No, but I use one at work.

My bank has a small machine in its lobby which makes coffee, tea and hot chocolate for free. Did you ever use such a machine in a business that you visited? I feel fairly certain I have on occasion, maybe when sitting down with a bank officer or something. Oh, and at the car dealership.

Have you used a teapot? Yes, I have a small, rather flat, stoneware teapot that was given as a gift with an assortment of teas one year. I use it every winter, keep it on a mug warmer near the computer.

Do you ever keep hot beverages in an insulated pitcher? no

Do you have a favorite container for hot or cold beverages that you use outside of your home? I have one of those huge Rocky Mountain travel tumblers that I take to work. It's big enough and stays hot enough to last my entire shift.

What types of herbs do you like? So far the only thing I've found that I'm not overly fond of is lemongrass.

What are some of your favorite spices? Anise, cloves, garlic of course, and different spice blends, za'atar, harissa

Do you like spicy-hot foods? I like a moderate amount of heat, not anything that overpowers the taste of my food or causes pain or burning sensations. I don't usually go to ethnic restaurants and order the 'hot' level off the menu. .

What is your favorite starchy food and how do you like it prepared? Potatoes, any way they're fixed.

thx pam

Old 02-07-2023, 03:32 AM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

While l prefer loose tea, I will occasionally use tea bags. Mine don't have strings attached.

At home - almost always, except when I am in a hurry.

Grind at home, for guests only. I don't drink coffee.

No. It's wasteful and not eco-friendly. I use AeroPress - which makes phenomenal coffee.

My car dealership has several interesting gadgets. I like to use their water dispenser.

Have you used a teapot?

I have Breville Tea Maker

Only for travel

I just use stainless steel insulated cup with my hospital logo

Chives, marjoram, mint, cilantro and dill.

Hot chili, smoked paprika, garlic, ginger, nutmeg, turmeric, Jamaican curry, sumac, togarashi, umami...

Yes!

Mashed potatoes with butter, sour cream and dill. Müsli with milk or yogurt. Bread, especially wholemeal, granary, brown and seeded varieties. Whole grains - depends on the main dish they accompany.

Thank you, Pam, for the tasty questions!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics