Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2023, 08:45 AM

35,308 posts, read 17,201,653 times

Advertisements

Did you ever see Mexican jumping beans? If I knew what they were maybe I've seen them.

Can you suggest some place for me and my wife to go get something to eat? Where are you? Who is your wife?

It is time to sit it the shade! What will you have for your drink? Water

Anyone have Chinese food to eat at all lately? What did you have? General Tso's chicken

Kitty has decided that the one cabinet of the living room side of the kitchen is his own place to be alone in! Aw.

Do you have any menus in your home? What kinds? Have you ever had a food delivery? From just about every local restaurant, to decide where we want to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2023, 09:47 AM

14,827 posts, read 8,167,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
It's good to be in our new place to live! It is way better in every way!
I am over the moon happy for you and Mrs Roosty and Buttercup Kitty!
So glad it all turned out for the best.

Did you ever see Mexican jumping beans?
Yes, when I was a child.
Can you suggest some place for me and my wife to go get something to eat?
I prefer home cooking, but on the rare occasion that we eat restaurant food, we tend to eat from more local places, so I wouldn't know what is available in South Florida.

Order a sandwich to be delivered; or a meal!
I am starting to get a bit hungry, I might make myself an omelet.
It is time to sit it the shade! What will you have for your drink?
Water would work!
Anyone have Chinese food to eat at all lately? What did you have?
I have had General Tso and Orange chicken in the last month..
Kitty has decided that the one cabinet of the living room side of the kitchen is his own place to be alone in!
Awww....that is so sweet. Kitty has his own little kitty cave!
Do you have any menus in your home? What kinds? Have you ever had a food delivery?
No menu's...on the rare occasion I order food online, I just read the menu's from online.
...*** I am so tired, I truly am...yet I still am...have a darn good Friday and week ahead! ***
Ditto!
Thanks Mr. Roosty!

Old 06-09-2023, 09:48 AM

44,398 posts, read 20,125,699 times
It's good to be in our new place to live! It is way better in every way! So glad to hear your good news, roosty!

Did you ever see Mexican jumping beans? Yes. When I was a kid, someone would occasionally bring some to school. I had some of my own at one time.

Can you suggest some place for me and my wife to go get something to eat? If you love seafood, then I'd suggest you treat yourselves to a yummy dinner at a specialty seafood restaurant.

Order a sandwich to be delivered; or a meal! Italian beef hoagie. I made these for my pinochle club last Friday and they were delicious.

It is time to sit it the shade! What will you have for your drink? A frozen vodka slushie. Also something I made for pinochle club last Friday.

Anyone have Chinese food to eat at all lately? What did you have? It's been a few months since I last had Chinese food. Last time, I had beef with broccoli with fried rice and an eggroll. YUM!

Kitty has decided that the one cabinet of the living room side of the kitchen is his own place to be alone in! Sweet!

Do you have any menus in your home? Yes. What kinds? Just one, from a Chinese restaurant.Have you ever had a food delivery? The only food I've ever had delivered is pizza. Last time was during the COVID shutdown in 2020.

...*** I am so tired, I truly am...yet I still am...have a darn good Friday and week ahead! *** It's a good Friday here! This afternoon I'll be heading to the venue for our local Relay For Life for the American Cancer Society. For once, we will have perfect weather for the event. Not too hot, not too cold, and the smoke from Canada isn't bad today. Yay!

Thanks for the fill-ins, roosty!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 06-09-2023, 09:52 AM

18,760 posts, read 11,828,677 times
[quote=rainroosty;65394027]It's good to be in our new place to live! It is way better in every way!
I'm glad roosty.
Yes but not for a long long time.
My house
Lately it's been ham on a toasted whole wheat 6 inch from Subway with spinach, cucumber, and avocado.
Some iced tea please.
Not for a long time. I prefer Thai food but I'll take some Hong Kong steak and an egg roll.
Kitty has decided that the one cabinet of the living room side of the kitchen is his own place to be alone in!
Did you put a bed in there for him?
Do you have any menus in your home? What kinds? Have you ever had a food delivery?
Yes. Pizza, Thai food, Chinese, BBQ.
...*** I am so tired, I truly am...yet I still am...have a darn good Friday and week ahead! ***

Thanks roosty you too.

Today is our 38th anniversary. We are loading up the bikes and heading for a new bike trail.

I haven't seen Possum for 3 nights now. I think she's gone.

Old 06-09-2023, 10:07 AM

5,610 posts, read 6,545,063 times
It's good to be in our new place to live! It is way better in every way! I am soooo happy for you, Roosty!

Did you ever see Mexican jumping beans? I am not sure! At my age it is possible I have.

Can you suggest some place for me and my wife to go get something to eat? If you have Big Boy restaurants, my favorite. Or, a unique to your town/city/area restaurant. Something other than a boring chain.

Order a sandwich to be delivered; or a meal! Pizza only. I can make a sandwich or a meal at home. But pizza....when you gotta have it you gotta have it.

It is time to sit it the shade! What will you have for your drink? My drinks of choice pretty much are only hot tea or white wine, preferably Moscato.

Anyone have Chinese food to eat at all lately? What did you have? Within the last 6-8 weeks. Went with 2 others, after a specific errand, to a well known in my area Chinese restaurant for lunch. It was a great experience. I don't remember what I had but my go-to's are beef and broccoli or lemon chicken or sweet and sour pork.

Kitty has decided that the one cabinet of the living room side of the kitchen is his own place to be alone in! How precious!

Do you have any menus in your home? What kinds? Have you ever had a food delivery? No, and, other than pizza, no.

...*** I am so tired, I truly am...yet I still am...have a darn good Friday and week ahead! *** Wishing you a wonderful weekend in your new home.

Old 06-09-2023, 10:13 AM

9,746 posts, read 14,307,685 times

Did you ever see Mexican jumping beans? No

Can you suggest some place for me and my wife to go get something to eat? No, sorry. I don't know your area.

Order a sandwich to be delivered; or a meal! I never had much luck ordering for delivery.

It is time to sit it the shade! What will you have for your drink? If I'm on my shady front porch, and I'm by myself, I'll have an ice cold Miller Lite, straight from the can. If I'm in the shade with other people, I'll do the proper thing for an old lady, and just have iced tea or iced water. I don't want them to have something to talk about!

Anyone have Chinese food to eat at all lately? YesWhat did you have? 2 vegetable egg rolls with duck sauce.

Kitty has decided that the one cabinet of the living room side of the kitchen is his own place to be alone in! For each, his/her own.

Do you have any menus in your home? No What kinds? Have you ever had a food delivery? Domino's Pizza once...never again

...*** I am so tired, I truly am...yet I still am...have a darn good Friday and week ahead! ***Get some rest, Roosty! I just got my second wind. I had my first business appointment this morning at 6:30 a.m., and finished my 3rd business appointment this morning. 3 more to go, before dark, and then I'm writing reports until midnight. I know....I have a strange way of having fun, although it's not as much fun with this N95 mask on when I do the outside work.

Thanks, Roosty!

Old 06-09-2023, 10:35 AM

24,542 posts, read 26,096,990 times
I have.

Denny's if your'e not to picky.

We've done both. Jimmy John for subs, Rodrigos for meals.

A frosty cold Negra Modelo.

Spicy Szechuan Beef Stir Fry.

Cool, I think we got a kitty last night.

Yep, lots of them in a bowl on top of the Fridge. Why? I can't frach the bowl to toss them.

Thanx Roosty, happy that you, wifie and the kitty are all settled in.

Old 06-09-2023, 03:32 PM

21,599 posts, read 8,768,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I'm happy for you.

I've heard of them but I don't think I've ever seen one.
Since this is imaginary, I suggest you charter a private jet and dine at the Ritz in Paris.
Burger, fries and a shake from The Shake Shack.
Mojito
Not authentic Chinese, but Trader Joe's chicken fried rice and pot stickers with broccoli florets drizzled with roasted sesame dressing.
How nice that Kitty is happy and comfortable in her new environment. I've heard that sometimes cats don't cope very well with moving to a new place.
We have menus from a couple of our favorite neighborhood restaurants, but we don't get delivey. We either eat out or pick up.

Thanks, Roosty! Get some rest this weekend, OK?

Old 06-09-2023, 05:40 PM

6,922 posts, read 4,935,461 times
I remember Mexican jumping beans! Haven't seen them in many years. As I recall they contain a worm that causes them to look as if they are jumping.

I can suggest places, but I don't think you are in my neck of the woods. Neck of the woods - isn't that a strange expression?

I had Chinese food on Wednesday. It's not a favorite of mine unless it's the type of Chinese restaurant with things like Mustard green soup, bok choy, Chinese broccoli, chicken feet (I don't eat those) Shrimp with the heads on, ducks hanging in the window....

No menus in my house. I have never had a meal delivered. Not even pizza.

Kitty has his own little room. Good for him. Is Kitty his name?

Old 06-09-2023, 06:07 PM

7,255 posts, read 7,114,355 times

Not since I was a kid.

Mexican is always good.

I never do delivery but just this once, fajitas with all the fixings.

Lemonade. And if it's at night, add a splash of rum.

Yes, teriyaki chicken.

'Caves' are good kitty places.

Pizza and Thai.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics