Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2023, 10:52 AM

24,568 posts, read 26,123,714 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
Do you ever honk your car's horn or have any memories or thoughts to share about car horn honking?
Rarely and only for drivers not paying attenion.

Have you or those you know honked to let someone know they'd arrived somewhere?
No

Do you click your vehicle's key fob until it honks?
Only when the car has gone MIA

Foodie Question(s):
Have you ever made jam or jelly yourself?
No, did watch my grandma make them back in the 40's.

Tell us any dish or recipe you enjoy that includes fruit?
My custom 1of a kind ice cream sundae with any fruit laying around that I think might be good.

What kind of food or drink would you like to go to a tasting of, ala, wine or cheese or anything else?
A variety of regional Italian dishes.

Have a big honking Thursday! Whatever that means.
Thanx bjhfor the fine HONKING Q's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2023, 11:44 AM

14,868 posts, read 8,191,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Hi, everyone. Let's have a little fun with . . .

Today's Question(s):
Do you ever honk your car's horn or have any memories or thoughts to share about car horn honking?
Sure, but only rarely when necessary....nothing really stands out.
No....I remember people use to do that all the time though...seems maybe cell phones aren't so bad, you rarely see that any more since people can call or text on their cell...when they can't be bothered to actually get out of the car and go to the door!

No....have only done that in the past, when in a enormous parking lot, and can't find the car, lol.
Foodie Question(s):
No, my Granny use to though. I have bought the kind from farmers at farmer markets though.
I love fruit! Apple or cherry pie, strawberry shortcake, fruit salad, yogurt, ice cream!
Cereal with fruit and nuts! Yum! Chocolate covered cherries! Apple crisp. Blueberry muffins.

What kind of food or drink would you like to go to a tasting of, ala, wine or cheese or anything else?

U2!
Thanks for the questions BJH!

Old 06-15-2023, 02:25 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,418,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
...Maryland has awful wine with one exception, oddly enough made here in Mount Airy so we really should do that.
Maryland has 80+ Wineries, have you tried them all?! Some are very good! Yes, I would agree Black Ankle has good wine--but many other Maryland Wineries have good wine too!!!

Last edited by GiGi603; 06-15-2023 at 02:36 PM..

Old 06-15-2023, 02:33 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,418,590 times
Hi Hi

Today's Question(s):
Do you ever honk your car's horn or have any memories or thoughts to share about car horn honking? I don't like city driving. If you don't step on that gas the very moment the light turns green--oh my gosh. Country driving, we give a little tap after a second or so.

Do you click your vehicle's key fob until it honks? Yes, I feel better when I know it is locked

Foodie Question(s):
Have you ever made jam or jelly yourself? When we were growing up we used to make peach jelly

Tell us any dish or recipe you enjoy that includes fruit? Blueberry muffins

What kind of food or drink would you like to go to a tasting of, ala, wine or cheese or anything else? Wine

Enjoy the evening...

Old 06-15-2023, 09:37 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,641,054 times

Neveer. never

..... In south Texas, the horn is called a Mexican Doorbell.

..... I've head about key-fogs, but never seen one up close.

Foodie Question(s):
..... My mom used to, but I never did.

..... Raisins go in a lot of dishes.

..... Anything would be fun. I did a few at home. Hygrade Tamales are best.

[RIGHT] [/RIGHT]

Old 06-15-2023, 10:15 PM

5,918 posts, read 3,818,205 times
I know I already answered today's questions (it's almost tomorrow) but I'm testing something.

Today's Question(s):
One time, years ago, I was followed after I got in the left lane in front of the guy who was acting all crazy but I did not cut him off. I had to pull into a gas station to get him to stop following me.

I sat there and so did he, behind me, for probably 15 minutes. It was a pretty scary incident. I don't know if I blew the horn or he did but either way something set him off and I was traveling at 80 miles per hour at one point but he kept up with me no matter how slow or fast I went.
So, I try real hard not to blow the horn. Doesn't always work.

I used to do that but not anymore. My neighbors do it and I found out how annoying it was.

I rarely click it to lock the doors because it's loud and it locks and honks after one click. NOT complaining, I'm just glad the locks work at this point.

Foodie Question(s):
My granny and my great granny (yes, we called them granny___X___ and granny__Y___)made it sometimes, but mostly what they did was can vegetables from their gardens. I've never made it but I've eaten lots of it, especially fig preserves.

I still can't think of anything except the usual fattening suspects.....apple pie, blueberry cobbler, banana bread, peach cobbler etc. Otherwise, I don't eat much fruit.

I've done an around the world beer tour and a wine tasting. They have food tastings, sort of, at a few of the food festivals they start having around this time of year.

No, YOU have a big honking Thursday/Friday!

Old 06-15-2023, 10:52 PM

6,959 posts, read 4,963,575 times
I will honk as gently as possible if I am behind someone that is sitting at a green light because they haven't noticed it's changed.

I think cars should come with two horns. One that is a little honk for the light is green, or hey I am turning the corner now, don't step off the sidewalk. Another for, Get on your side if the line azzhole - you almost hit me!

I once made freezer jam from raspberries. It was pretty good.

They have a rhubarb festival in England. That would be right up my alley. I saw a show on PBS of a milk judging contest in one of the Scandinavian countries. I could do that, although I usually only have milk on my cereal. I can tell a big difference in the various brands. Some I won't use - Lucerne being one. Awful stuff. I think I would make a good judge for milk. :-)

Old 06-16-2023, 08:33 AM

35,363 posts, read 17,265,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
I will honk as gently as possible if I am behind someone that is sitting at a green light because they haven't noticed it's changed.
One can text stopped at a light in many states. My own opinion is that is the reason many linger at a green light.

Old 06-16-2023, 12:26 PM

3,211 posts, read 1,062,266 times
Yes.
Fruit tart. I'll start making one in a few minutes. With berries.
I would like to travel and taste: cheese in France, limoncello in Italy, halva in Turkey, chocolate in Belgium, Indian food in India and fresh bread in Germany.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics