Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2023, 06:18 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times

Advertisements

Hi, everyone. Let's have a little fun with . . .

Today's Question(s):
Do you ever honk your car's horn or have any memories or thoughts to share about car horn honking?

Have you or those you know honked to let someone know they'd arrived somewhere?

Do you click your vehicle's key fob until it honks?

Foodie Question(s):
Have you ever made jam or jelly yourself?

Tell us any dish or recipe you enjoy that includes fruit?

What kind of food or drink would you like to go to a tasting of, ala, wine or cheese or anything else?

Have a big honking Thursday! Whatever that means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2023, 07:45 PM

1,370 posts, read 614,135 times

Today's Question(s):
Do you ever honk your car's horn or have any memories or thoughts to share about car horn honking?

***My horn gets honked only if necessary, like people going slower than the speed limit, my pet peeve

Foodie Question(s):

***Thanksgiving stuffing with chopped dates, dried figs, apricots and walnuts. Roast pork and fried sweet plantains the flavors compliment each other deliciously.

What kind of food or drink would you like to go to a tasting of, ala, wine or cheese or anything else?

***Food from Muslim countries, Persian and Indian food.

***You too and Thx.

***Enjoy Thursday one and all.

Old 06-14-2023, 08:05 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,796,420 times

Today's Question(s):
LOL I've done it a bunch of times, but not so much anymore. Unless someone is distracted and sits there when the light turns green. But then it's more of a fast beep-beep, I've found out that is the 'friendly' hey wake up honk.

Yes. I kind of hate that so I haven't done it much. Just get out of the flipping car or send a text.

No, that's pretty annoying also. I've never really done that, I always lock the jeep from the inside. Sometimes you have to use the fob though if your hands are full or whatever.

Foodie Question(s):
No I haven't, but growing up my Granny did that kind of stuff. I watched her some but I was pretty young so nothing stuck.

Unless it's pineapple on a ham I don't like fruit in things unless it's a pie or something sweet. I like most fruit salad.

The only place I've ever done that was at Biltmore, they have a huge line to take part in the wine tasting. It's kinda fabulous. I enjoyed it so much I'd go back just for that. I would probably participate in just about any food or drink "tasting".

LOL thanks bjh

Old 06-14-2023, 08:14 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you ever honk your car's horn or have any memories or thoughts to share about car horn honking? Of course I honk the horn. Why let it be in the car without being put to use?? LOL

Have you or those you know honked to let someone know they'd arrived somewhere? Nope. My dad told me when I was a teenager, if I didn't have the strength to walk to the door and knock, I wasn't using his car.

Do you click your vehicle's key fob until it honks? Just when I forget where I parked in the Walmart parking lot

Foodie Question(s):
Have you ever made jam or jelly yourself? Nope

Tell us any dish or recipe you enjoy that includes fruit? Take a can of light syrup fruit cocktail, rinse in water to get excess sugar off of it. Add any other fruit you'd like. Then stir in a package of sugar free vanilla pudding. There's enough moisture for the pudding to set. Let set about 10 minutes and a enjoy a sugar free fruit salad that doesn't taste sugar free.

What kind of food or drink would you like to go to a tasting of, ala, wine or cheese or anything else? Just about anything non-alcoholic.

Old 06-14-2023, 09:31 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,092 times
Today's Question(s):
***Not much of a horn honker. For several years I drove a car where the horn did not work.

***No

***No longer have any key fobs. Lost one and the other fell apart.

Foodie Question(s):
***Don't have the talent needed to do so.

***One banana split in half. Three scoops of ice cream. Chocolate syrup.

***Stinky cheese and cheap beer tasting.

Old 06-14-2023, 09:40 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Today's Question(s):

Have you or those you know honked to let someone know they'd arrived somewhere? Years ago I knew a few people who did this. It annoyed the heck out of me. Fortunately, no one I ever dated did this when they arrived at my house. I equate it to whistling to get a restaurant server's attention. Crude!

Do you click your vehicle's key fob until it honks? No. My car makes a little chirping sound when I lock it using the fob or using the touchpad on the door handle.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you ever made jam or jelly yourself? Yes, a small batch a couple of times several decades ago.

Tell us any dish or recipe you enjoy that includes fruit? Just a fruit salad with strawberries, apples, pineapple, blackberries and maybe other berries, with a little orange juice on it for "dressing."

What kind of food or drink would you like to go to a tasting of, ala, wine or cheese or anything else? How about a chocolate tasting? I'd be in heaven!

Have a big honking Thursday! Whatever that means. Thanks for the fun questions, bjh!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 06-14-2023, 09:58 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you ever honk your car's horn or have any memories or thoughts to share about car horn honking? Rarely, only when someone's asleep at the wheel at a signal or stop sign or those that creep across the white line on the freeway into your lane.

Have you or those you know honked to let someone know they'd arrived somewhere? Years ago some friends used to honk when they arrived at the house.

Do you click your vehicle's key fob until it honks? No.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you ever made jam or jelly yourself? No, but my grandmother did and sealed them in mason jars to store.

Tell us any dish or recipe you enjoy that includes fruit? Jello with fruit, strawberry rhubarb pie, fruit salads.

What kind of food or drink would you like to go to a tasting of, ala, wine or cheese or anything else? Mexican food & beer.

Rate this post positively

Old 06-14-2023, 10:06 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Today's Question(s):

Do you ever honk your car's horn or have any memories or thoughts to share about car horn honking? Yes, I do have thoughts about horn honking. The only honking here comes from passing Canadian geese flyovers and people who are visiting us from some other state or have newly moved here. As soon as you hear a honking horn at a traffic light that just turned green, for example, if you are behind them, the first thing you do is look at the license plate to see where.the rude idiot in a rush comes from. It's always the usual suspects. Acceptable horn honking is typically reserved for people who see another car about to back into them and the horn honk is to make them aware you're there. The end. Now get off my lawn!

Have you or those you know honked to let someone know they'd arrived somewhere? Yeah, that's always appreciated in an apartment complex when you come to pick up your car pooler at 6:30 in the morning. Get on your stinkin' cellphone and call your rider. You use it for everything else.

Do you click your vehicle's key fob until it honks? No but aren't we all embarrassed when we hit that red button accidently?

Foodie Question(s):
Wouldn't even know how but admire people who do.

Tell us any dish or recipe you enjoy that includes fruit? dish: Roast pork with cold applesauce.

What kind of food or drink would you like to go to a tasting of, ala, wine or cheese or anything else? new ice cream flavors

Have a big honking Thursday! Whatever that means. It means honk like a tractor trailer not like a mini cooper.

Old 06-15-2023, 12:11 AM

9,724 posts, read 14,266,863 times
Today's Question(s):
I don't, unless someone is starting to back in to me, or someone starts crossing the lane into my car.

No

Do you click your vehicle's key fob until it honks? No

Foodie Question(s):
Have you ever made jam or jelly yourself? Yes, grape jelly and strawberry jam. I made many jars of those in my younger days, which won lots of blue ribbons at the State Fair

Tell us any dish or recipe you enjoy that includes fruit? Pineapple Lover's Delight cake...Long receipe, but the sheet cake is cut into two layers when cooled. Between layers: Instant Vanilla Pudding, Crushed Pineapple. Topping: Cool Whip and Flaked Coconut.

I don't do that anymore

thanks for the Q of the D

Old 06-15-2023, 12:37 AM

21,544 posts, read 8,727,966 times

Today's Question(s):
I rarely honk, but I have a Judgy McJudgerson friend who honks her horn to express disapproval whenever she thinks another did something they shouldn't.
No. I don't like loud noise and try to keep it to a minimum.
I've done that when I can't locate my car in a parking garage. It's very helpful.
No, I don't see any reason to go to all that trouble when grocery store jams can be just as good. My favorite brand is Bonne Maman from France. It's made with real sugar, not corn syrup.
Rhubarb crisp
I love wine and would happily go to a wine tasting. One of our local wine shops holds tastings every Saturday, and I keep meaning to go but haven't yet.

Thanks, bjh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics