Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2008, 11:13 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,609,273 times

Advertisements

Condoleezza Rice may be a top diplomat who once aspired to being a concert pianist but she let her hair down a bit in Stockholm to meet the flamboyant rock group KISS.

Condoleezza Rice says she was "thrilled" to meet KISS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 12:47 AM

5,793 posts, read 13,937,988 times
Though Kiss may not be the band I'd most like to meet, I think I'd be thrilled too. What the heck... They're famous! - And fair to middlin' rockers. Like most of us, she probably digs a few of their numbers.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:58 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,116,885 times
I heard they were so over excited to see her, that their makeup almost melted off.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:43 AM

27,350 posts, read 27,402,913 times
What, 'important' people arent allowed to meet rock bands? Youd be surprised at the kind of people I've seen at rock concerts. And though too, Kiss isnt exactly my favourite band, I'd be happy to meet them in person, exchange some musical ideas....okay, Im going a bit far with this one, sorry!

Old 06-02-2008, 08:26 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,871,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
What, 'important' people arent allowed to meet rock bands? Youd be surprised at the kind of people I've seen at rock concerts. And though too, Kiss isnt exactly my favourite band, I'd be happy to meet them in person, exchange some musical ideas....okay, Im going a bit far with this one, sorry!
LOL.. you might wanna give them some fashion tips too Livewire!

I never was a Kiss fan, nor have I ever gone to any of their concerts, but both of my sisters have seen them live.

Gene Simmons, Ace Frehley, Paul Stanley, and whoever the drummer is/was are very talented musicians, but let's face it, most fans go to see their stage show, and to me a band that has to rely on their look and stage antics just doesn't appeal to me.

I also remember in the 1980's they removed their make-up and wore the usual clothes that were popular by musicians in the 1980's, and they lost their popularity, probably because of newer bands of that era, but it also had to do with their stage costumes and shows, that's why they went back to them sometime in the late 1980's or early 1990's.

But, I guess that's what they like doing, and they are still popular, so more power to them. .. and for some reason, I just can't imagine Condoleeza Rice doing the head-banging thing in the front row at a Kiss concert!

Old 06-02-2008, 12:34 PM

27,350 posts, read 27,402,913 times
Nothing surprises me at rock concerts, Ive seen old grandpas and grandmas at Tesla, Scorpions and Rush shows, up there, front row, happy as day, rockin' away. Dont let their old age fool ya, those seniors can move when they want to, lol!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics