Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2023, 04:01 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times

Advertisements

Hi from me and the big orange cat!

~ August is here. Anything happen in your August different?

~ There are two full moons this August. Do you ever see the full moon?

~ What do you have that you can use to reach way up high in your home?

~ I wonder what you do to prevent food splattering and making a mess in your microwave oven?

~ Do you ever have popcorn at home? What kind do you buy and like best?

~ What hand tools do you have on hand?

~ The type of stuff you can enjoy browsing through:

~ Have you anything that you cover your windshield with inside your vehicle?

~ Would you enjoy walking into the woods to walk around near a pond and explore and then walk back to where you started?

**** Be safe and enjoy the week ahead, thank you for coming today! Always, ~roosty~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2023, 04:12 AM

11,363 posts, read 9,275,640 times
~ August is here. Anything happen in your August different? - Unexpected large bonus at work, deposited Wednesday. I was floored...

~ There are two full moons this August. Do you ever see the full moon? - Yes

~ What do you have that you can use to reach way up high in your home? - LOL. My place is so small I can touch the ceiling.

~ I wonder what you do to prevent food splattering and making a mess in your microwave oven? - Paper towel at times...

~ Do you ever have popcorn at home? What kind do you buy and like best? - I can't keep that in my apartment as I have no one to share with. Have not made nor have I had any in about 5 years.

~ What hand tools do you have on hand? - 2 screwdrivers. Back in the day when I used to work on my own car I had a toolbox that had everything I needed.

~ The type of stuff you can enjoy browsing through: - Internet.

~ Have you anything that you cover your windshield with inside your vehicle? - Don't.

~ Would you enjoy walking into the woods to walk around near a pond and explore and then walk back to where you started? - Definitely.

**** Be safe and enjoy the week ahead, thank you for coming today! Always, ~roosty~

Thank you.

Old 08-04-2023, 04:23 AM

11,085 posts, read 17,527,537 times
~ August is here. Anything happen in your August different? Nope. Just another month

~ There are two full moons this August. Do you ever see the full moon? Yup

~ What do you have that you can use to reach way up high in your home? A couple step stools

~ I wonder what you do to prevent food splattering and making a mess in your microwave oven? Usually a paper towel on top

~ Do you ever have popcorn at home? What kind do you buy and like best? I love popcorn but you'll never see microwave popcorn in my house. Just regular popcorn in my Whirly Pop popper on the stove. But I do use the microwave to melt the butter to pour on it. And I buy sticks of real butter just to put on my popcorn. lol

~ What hand tools do you have on hand? Screwdrivers, pliers, hammer, maybe a few others

~ The type of stuff you can enjoy browsing through: Browsing online and there's a big junk consignment shop outside of town I like browsing through every now and then

~ Have you anything that you cover your windshield with inside your vehicle? Nope. Car still gets super hot so why use it

~ Would you enjoy walking into the woods to walk around near a pond and explore and then walk back to where you started? Yup. Used to do that with my fishing pole in hand quite a bit

Old 08-04-2023, 05:20 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times

Hi you, and the kitty!

Getting older...

Yes, and it was huge and very bright!

I have two step ladder.

~ I wonder what you do to prevent food splattering and making a mess in your microwave oven?

There are ways: cover your food with a bowl or saran wrap, or this plastic dome I bought for myself and my son:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09PV9GBRH...pa_mw_detail_2
Works great.

No. Don't care for that. Don't like when the shells get stuck into the gums.

Oh boy. When l bought my house, it had fully equipped garage, incl. work bench and tool cabinets. So, I have everything what's a proper handyman would use.

News aggregators, gadgets (window shopping), stuff we talk about on C-D and I want to know more...

Yes. It's custom made, foldable shade. It exactly fits my windshield. Great quality too.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/8...-3E02A495D394/

~ Would you enjoy walking into the woods to walk around near a pond and explore and then walk back to where you started?

Oh, yes! Can't wait for the wild mushroom season to go hunting for them. Other than that I go hiking in the woods often.

Thank you, roosty. Stay cool and hydrated. Hugs!!

Old 08-04-2023, 05:55 AM

30,488 posts, read 16,198,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

good morning, roosty and big orange cat. Is Kitty feeling better?

nope. just another hot month. oh-except the county fair next week.

sure. shines in my back window

a step ladder

I have one of those plastic covers

used to every day. I used the microwave low butter kind

hammer, few screw drivers, level, tape measure, stud finder, probably a few more things I can't think of right now

quilt shops, book stores, antique stores,

no

yes. sounds like a pleasant way to spend an afternoon.

thanks, roosty. hugs to kitty

Old 08-04-2023, 06:02 AM

126,264 posts, read 19,031,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

~ August is here. Anything happen in your August different?..............Not really

~ There are two full moons this August. Do you ever see the full moon?..........Yes absolutely gorgeous

~ What do you have that you can use to reach way up high in your home?..........I got a three step ladder

~ I wonder what you do to prevent food splattering and making a mess in your microwave oven?............... Don't have a microwave

~ Do you ever have popcorn at home? What kind do you buy and like best?............... Haven't made popcorn for quite a while

~ What hand tools do you have on hand?............Drill and a special equipped tool case

~ The type of stuff you can enjoy browsing through:.............Cooking and baking books

~ Have you anything that you cover your windshield with inside your vehicle?.........No

~ Would you enjoy walking into the woods to walk around near a pond and explore and then walk back to where you started?........Yes for sure

Thank you roosty,you too.For us Canadians it is a long weekend!

Old 08-04-2023, 06:05 AM

7,364 posts, read 5,478,151 times

~ August is here. Anything happen in your August different? My age changes.

~ There are two full moons this August. Do you ever see the full moon? Yes

~ What do you have that you can use to reach way up high in your home? Ladders

~ I wonder what you do to prevent food splattering and making a mess in your microwave oven? I have one of those covers you put over the container or plate.

~ Do you ever have popcorn at home? Yes. What kind do you buy and like best? The movie theater popcorn with lots of butter.

~ What hand tools do you have on hand? Hammer. Screw driver.

~ The type of stuff you can enjoy browsing through: books on history.

~ Have you anything that you cover your windshield with inside your vehicle? No

~ Would you enjoy walking into the woods to walk around near a pond and explore and then walk back to where you started? Yes

Thank you!

Old 08-04-2023, 06:13 AM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times

~ There are two full moons this August. Do you ever see the full moon? I do, once in a blue moon.

~ What do you have that you can use to reach way up high in your home? A broom or mop. My son has grabbers.

~ I wonder what you do to prevent food splattering and making a mess in your microwave oven? A plastic microwave splatter guard, sometimes I use paper towels if whatever I'm heating can make a mess.

~ Do you ever have popcorn at home? What kind do you buy and like best? My sons do, and I don't pay attention.

~ What hand tools do you have on hand? My older son has all kinds of them.

~ The type of stuff you can enjoy browsing through: Magazines, newspapers

~ Have you anything that you cover your windshield with inside your vehicle? No. I experimented once but found it of no value.

~ Would you enjoy walking into the woods to walk around near a pond and explore and then walk back to where you started? Yes.

**** Be safe and enjoy the week ahead, thank you for coming today! Always, ~roosty~ Thanks for the questions.

Old 08-04-2023, 06:28 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Good morning, rainroosty, and thank you!

~ August is here. Anything happen in your August different? I may have met someone. We'll see!

~ There are two full moons this August. Do you ever see the full moon? Often. Love it. I admit it, I am a sky geek.

~ What do you have that you can use to reach way up high in your home? I have some sort of thing that I can change light bulbs with, that reaches up. I also have three ladders of varying heights.

~ I wonder what you do to prevent food splattering and making a mess in your microwave oven? I put a paper towel over items if they need it. Some don't.

~ Do you ever have popcorn at home? No. Well, I haven't made it in awhile. I do have a stainless steel popcorn maker thingie and when I do make it (like when my adult kids are over), I make it using movie popcorn flavoring. Oh, and coconut oil. What kind do you buy and like best? I love movie theater popcorn. I mean, like in the movie theater.

~ What hand tools do you have on hand? All sorts but I mainly use a hammer and then the two types of screwdrivers sometimes. Oh, and I have an itty bitty screwdriver I use for itty bitty screws - LOL.

~ The type of stuff you can enjoy browsing through: Old photos. Old recipes. Stuff like that. Letters. Kids' cards and items over the years.

~ Have you anything that you cover your windshield with inside your vehicle? No, but maybe I should.

~ Would you enjoy walking into the woods to walk around near a pond and explore and then walk back to where you started? Absolutely.

Old 08-04-2023, 06:52 AM

7,244 posts, read 7,066,230 times

DD is moving out. We've been packing.

I don't go looking for it but yeah.

A husband.

If you just lay a paper towel over things you prevent most of the mess.

Rarely. I get loose kernels from this local market.

Far too many to list.

Antique stores, nicer used furniture stores.

Yes, one of those foldable screens. Florida sun is brutal and keeping the steering wheel cool so you can touch it is a must.

Yes. I miss the woods I grew up in.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics