Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2023, 06:15 AM

7,365 posts, read 5,479,265 times

Advertisements

Let's have fun with the seasons in . . .

Today's Question(s):
Rank the seasons, Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall/Autumn, in the order you like them most to least:
(and please tell us what you like/dislike about each season)

1. Fall. Usually nice comfortable weather.

2. Summer. Nice weather but sometime too hot and humid.

3. Spring. Usually too cold until end of May

4. Winter. Too cold and I hate snow and ice.

Foodie Question(s):
Tell us some seasonings you like and with what dishes:
(ex: cinnamon with apple pie; basil with tomato soup, etc.)

-Sweet dishes/foods? Cinnamon on sweet rolls.

-Savory dishes/foods? Lemon pepper on seafood.

What Say You:

"If I had to live downwind from a factory, I would like it to be one that makes baked goods. Or chocolates_."

Have a seasonably pleasant Thursday!
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2023, 06:21 AM

1,366 posts, read 612,242 times

Today's Question(s):
Rank the seasons, Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall/Autumn, in the order you like them most to least:

1. Fall - Changing of the leaves, humidity goes ‘poof’

2. Winter - snow, fireplaces, Holidays with family & friends, COQUITO (Caribbean Nog)

3. & 4. In equal measure, heat, humidity, skeeters and other nasty bugs

Foodie Question(s):

-Sweet dishes/foods? Cinnamon on apple, pumpkin pies, custards, rice puddings, Basil on some fruits

-Savory dishes/foods? Cumin, oregano, bay leaf, garlic, onions……..

What Say You:

"If I had to live downwind from a factory, I would like it to be one that makes _______Coffee________."

### You and everyone too.

### THX for the QOTD

Old 08-17-2023, 06:30 AM

385 posts, read 205,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):

1. FALL! I absolutely love fall. The colors of autumn, along with the scents and flavors are my favorite. I love the crisp coolness.

2. WINTER. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love snow and the coolness.

3. SPRING. i love the renewal that comes with spring. Baby animals, plants and flowers, etc. I dont like the pollen.

4.SUMMER. Too hot. Too hot. Did i mention sunmer is TOO HOT?!?! i do like going to baseball games.

Foodie Question(s):

-Sweet dishes/foods?
Churros with cinnamon sugar mix

-Savory dishes/foods?

Garlic on everything!

What Say You:

"If I had to live downwind from a factory, I would like it to be one that makes ___________________."

BACON!

You Too!

Old 08-17-2023, 06:50 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Good morning, bjh, and thank you!

1.Fall (in the south, so basically October and November) - I love the crispness of the air. Love the holidays.

2. Winter (again, in the south because I don't like much snow, so December through February) - I love Christmas and I love long, dark nights with a fire crackling.

3. Spring (in Texas, so March through June) - I love cool temps but I don't really like COLD temps. I love Texas wildflowers. I also really like rainy and stormy weather.

4. Summer (in Texas this goes from the end of June through September, which is too long IMHO): We are in the dog days of summer right now and to be honest, I'm not loving it.

Tell us some seasonings you like and with what dishes: I love garam masala in beef dishes. Tony's on just about anything.

-Sweet dishes/foods? Sure - I love ice cream, and I also really like tres leche cake. Oh, and pies - LOL. I like cinnamon and I also just really like custardy types of things without much seasoning in them. Maybe vanilla?

-Savory dishes/foods? I love them as well. See above (two questions above). Oh, and garlic, and tarragon and basil (I grow herbs by the way, and use them when I am cooking). Heck, I just like food.

"If I had to live downwind from a factory, I would like it to be one that makes _______bread___________."

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 08-17-2023 at 06:59 AM..

Old 08-17-2023, 07:17 AM

14,768 posts, read 8,099,433 times
Quote:

Today's Question(s):

1. Autumn
I love the cooler weather, the trees changing colors,

My most favorite time of year! Not too hot, not too cold. Cozy.
Nothing that I dislike about fall.
2. Spring
Nature and the earth's rebirth....comes alive in panoramic color.
Not too hot -not too cold, generally.
I dislike my hay fever though!

3.Winter
I love winter! I love the cooler weather, the peacefulness and calm it usually brings.
I love the coziness....staying home with a book and hot drink, cooking a nice meal.
I love everything about winter except when it gets super icy and hard to get about.

4.Summer
Love all the fresh fruit and vegetables, the greenness of it all.
Don't like the heat, humidity and so many bugs.

Foodie Question(s):

My most used spice is garlic...I like Herbs de Provence, and Italian Seasoning.
Depends on what I am cooking - many others too.

-Sweet dishes/foods?
Cinnamon on apples and apple pie
-Savory dishes/foods?
Garlic, Rosemary, paprika on chicken

What Say You:

"If I had to live downwind from a factory, I would like it to be one that makes Coffee or bread."

U2
Thanks for the questions!

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 08-17-2023 at 08:20 AM..

Old 08-17-2023, 07:48 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,117,303 times
[quote=bjh;65701706]Let's have fun with the seasons in . . .

Today's Question(s):

1. Spring - warming up, no more snow or ice, blossoms.

2. Fall - Cooling off, tree leaf color, rain coming back.

3. Summer - often too hot but the vegetable garden is producing, beautiful mornings outside.

4.Winter - Cold, high utility bills, snow and ice causing road hazards, unable to enjoy being outdoors.

Foodie Question(s):

-Sweet dishes/foods? Cinnamon on a crumble topping for a peach cobbler.

-Savory dishes/foods? Grated parmesan and red pepper flakes on pizza, chopped pepperoncini on a salad.

What Say You:

"If I had to live downwind from a factory, I would like it to be one that makes __sourdough bread_________________."

Old 08-17-2023, 08:18 AM

126,267 posts, read 19,036,909 times
Quote:

Today's Question(s):

1. Winter............Snowwwww... The first beautiful snowflakes coming down......... Mr.Winter covers the landscape with a white cozy blanket and makes it a perfect painting ........skiing...sledding with grandchildren.............starting around the Advent season to bake the Christmas cookies and Marzipan Stollen and other holiday cakes............candlelights,snuggling up in a cozy blanket,fireplace and a good book..........Advent season and Christmas gathering with my family ( 3 generations under one roof)

2. Autumn.............the gorgeous changing colors of the trees,crisp air and the first smell of firewood burning........apple picking.....rustling sound of fallen colorful leaves under your feet while hiking through the forest............the sound of swaying trees whispering to each other...........fall flowers....It’s a beautiful time of year to go cycling .............the smell of fresh cut hay

3. Spring.................A new beginning.......the Robin is back and singing its love song............other birds come back,our Mourning dove love pair is cooing once again .........Mother Nature symphony at its finest.......flowers starting to bloom and buds are growing on trees and bushes......getting the garden ready...doing maintenance on our bicycles for our first long distance rides and continuing on until late autumn......the first warm sunshine we all are craving....sitting outside in your garden enjoying the view of the meadows,grazing horses and cows....the morning call of the rooster on the farm nearby

4.Summer.................Fresh fruit and vegetables on farms to pick.............swimming in a friends pond after a long cycling tour..........horseback riding ...........breakfast/lunch/dinner outside under our Maple tree....the smell of fresh cut grass...........the smell of summer rain hitting the pavement
( I don't like the high humidity and heat as well the darn mosquito and tick population in summer)

Foodie Question(s):
(ex: cinnamon with apple pie; basil with tomato soup, etc.).,

-Sweet dishes/foods? ....................Cinnamon in pies,Christmas baking,cinnamon mixed with honey as a spread,cardamon and clove in sweet Indian dishes

-Savory dishes/foods? ..............Marjoram and caraway on pan fried potato slices,turmeric/curry/coriander for Indian meat and lentil/bean dishes,dill in a yogurt and lemon juice vinaigrette,onion,garlic and ginger in Indian cuisine,chive in cottage cheese

What Say You:

"If I had to live downwind from a factory, I would like it to be one that makes BREAD."

Thank you bjh

Last edited by Almrausch; 08-17-2023 at 08:57 AM..

Old 08-17-2023, 09:19 AM

6,855 posts, read 4,853,645 times
Fall, spring, winter.... No, fall, winter, spring.... Wait a minute....Fall, summer....

I guess I can say fall is my favorite, but after that it's too hard to decide. I think all the seasons have something positive about them.

Downwind from a factory - bakery. Or BBQ.

Old 08-17-2023, 09:48 AM

24,452 posts, read 25,987,852 times
Today's Question(s):

1. Spring:Weather is beginning to bring new life to plants.

2. Fall:Weather is telling earth it's time to rest.

3. Summer: Weather is to hot for the most part.

4.Winter is dreary, time to hunker down.

Foodie Question(s):

-Sweet dishes/foods?
cinnamon, ginger, nut meg

-Savory dishes/foods?
garlic powder, paprika, pepper, oregano, chillie powder

What Say You:

"If I had to live downwind from a factory, I would like it to be one that makes baked pasteries.."

Thanx bjh for the sweet/savory Q's

Old 08-17-2023, 06:32 PM

35,019 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Today's Question(s):

1. Summer

2. Winter

3. Spring

4. Fall (the last two tied)

Foodie Question(s):
(ex: cinnamon with apple pie; basil with tomato soup, etc.) Pepper on meat, hot sauce on meat

-Sweet dishes/foods? Ice Cream

-Savory dishes/foods? A good steak

What Say You:

"If I had to live downwind from a factory, I would like it to be one that makes _Life savers. We used to have that near where I lived; you could tell what flavor they were making from the aroma. Another would be Moose Factory, Saskatchewan."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics