Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2023, 09:27 PM

44,381 posts, read 20,099,777 times

Advertisements

Greetings, everyone! Scroll on down and check out

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last eat a hard-boiled egg?

Do you wash eggs before you crack them?

Have you ever eaten an egg from a bird other than a chicken?

Do you like egg salad?

What ingredients would you like in your egg frittata?

Do you ever put ketchup on eggs?

Would you like a fried egg sandwich? If so, what condiment(s) would you like on it?

Your preferred toast: white; wheat; rye; sourdough; other (specify)?

What do you like on your toast?

What is your favorite bread to have with breakfast (e.g., English muffin; biscuit; sliced bread)?

Okay, now I'm hungry. That's it for your Tuesday Q's, folks. Have a great day, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 09-04-2023, 09:35 PM

44,658 posts, read 61,714,444 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last eat a hard-boiled egg? Yesterday in a salad.

Do you wash eggs before you crack them? Rinse.

Have you ever eaten an egg from a bird other than a chicken? Don't recall.

Do you like egg salad? Yes.

Do you ever put ketchup on eggs? Noooo!

Would you like a fried egg sandwich? If so, what condiment(s) would you like on it? Mayo/mustard.

Your preferred toast: white; wheat; rye; sourdough; other (specify)? I like all of those, depends on type of samwitch.

What do you like on your toast? Butter, jelly or honey.

What is your favorite bread to have with breakfast (e.g., English muffin; biscuit; sliced bread)? Sourdough English muffin.

Okay, now I'm hungry. That's it for your Tuesday Q's, folks. Have a great day, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2023, 09:41 PM

30,594 posts, read 16,276,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

had one in a salad last week

neither before nor after

had a duck egg once. Once was enough.

Do you like egg salad?
yup if there's no pickle stuff in it.

onions, potatoes, onions, zucchini, onions, yellow squash, onions.

sometimes on scrambled eggs

Would you like a fried egg sandwich? If so, what condiment(s) would you like on it?
thanks but no thanks

pumpernikel

usually nothing. sometimes butter

What is your favorite bread to have with breakfast (e.g., English muffin; biscuit; sliced bread)? I don't usually have bread with breakfast unless it's poached egg on pumpernikel

thanks, Pam.

Old 09-04-2023, 11:42 PM

21,574 posts, read 8,749,478 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

If egg salad sandwiches count, about three months ago.Plain hard-boiled eggs taste too dry for me.
I rinse them.
Yes, a raw quail egg as a sushi topping. A friend who loves sushi made me try it. The slimy texture made me gag. I've tried really hard to like sushi, but I just can't. I like sashimi, though.
Do you like egg salad?
See above. I love it!
Zucchini, cheese, mushrooms, red bell peppers.
It's supposed to be good on scrambled eggs. I tried that once and can understand why people like it.
Yes, but I don't know what condiments would go well. Just plain eggs with salt and pepper on buttered bread would suit me fine.
Sourdough or rye.
I don't usually have toast. When I do, just butter is fine. I love the taste of butter, so I consider the bread as nothing more than a butter delivery mechanism. Jam, jelly or anything else only distracts from that good butter taste. I do occasionally add cinnamon sugar.
What is your favorite bread to have with breakfast (e.g., English muffin; biscuit; sliced bread)?
No bread is fine with me unless I'm having poached eggs on toast.

Thanks for the egg-cellent questions, Pam!

Old 09-04-2023, 11:44 PM

14,812 posts, read 8,142,283 times
Quote:

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Around Easter.
PJSaturn, you read my mind though....I was craving a hard boiled egg...got
to go bust out the instapot and make some for tomorrow.

Rinse briefly.
No
Do you like egg salad?
It's okay...haven't had in ages.

Not that I recall...maybe on scrambled eggs when I was a kid.
I would rather have a hard boiled egg right now! <just salt.
trying to watch carbs right now....the darker healthier kind (although I love brioche - the carbs are through the roof!)
Just plain or with butter or with preserves.
Trying to avoid bread, but I like biscuits, croissants or bagels or toast.
Dang! You are making me hungry!

Okay, now I'm hungry. Me too!
That's it for your Tuesday Q's, folks. Have a great day, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.
U2!
Thank you for the questions!!

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 09-05-2023 at 01:05 AM..

Old 09-05-2023, 12:09 AM

11,386 posts, read 9,304,429 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last eat a hard-boiled egg? - Last week. I buy them already cooked and in a package of 6.

Do you wash eggs before you crack them? - I never did that.

Have you ever eaten an egg from a bird other than a chicken? - No

Do you like egg salad? - Often it has too much base. I cannot recall the last time I had it.

What ingredients would you like in your egg frittata? - I had to look up. I never had one of those.

Adding - Probably the same as the egg sandwich below.

Do you ever put ketchup on eggs? - No

Would you like a fried egg sandwich? - Sure, assuming I can go back to sleep I'll take one after round 2.

If so, what condiment(s) would you like on it? - American cheese, mushrooms, garlic, and onion.

Your preferred toast: white; wheat; rye; sourdough; other (specify)? - Whole grain from a neighborhood small business owned bakery:

https://www.motzibread.com/

Worth the trip if one is in the neighborhood where I live. They are only open Thursday through Saturday.
Super cool owners too.

What do you like on your toast? - Butter and either McCutcheon's Whole Cherry preserves or Agriberry Farm Blueberry Jam. I always have both on hand.

They are also small business owned and I get them at the Baltimore Farmers Market downtown on Sundays.

What is your favorite bread to have with breakfast (e.g., English muffin; biscuit; sliced bread)? - See above.

Okay, now I'm hungry. That's it for your Tuesday Q's, folks. Have a great day, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over. - Your time is always appreciated, Pam. Thanks for the QOTD!

Old 09-05-2023, 12:50 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,401,959 times
Good Morning

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last eat a hard-boiled egg? Last week, I put one in my salad.

Do you wash eggs before you crack them? Yes, the eggs I get from the farmer have never been washed--bonus since I can then keep them on the counter!

Have you ever eaten an egg from a bird other than a chicken? Yes--quail eggs. I buy them every so often from my Farmer---they are filled with nutrients. Sometimes I make mayonnaise with them.

Do you like egg salad?

What ingredients would you like in your egg frittata? Tomatoes, red pepper, onion

Would you like a fried egg sandwich? If so, what condiment(s) would you like on it? Buttered toast, a slice of tomato

Your preferred toast: white; wheat; rye; sourdough; other (specify)? Depends on my mood

What do you like on your toast? Butter

What is your favorite bread to have with breakfast (e.g., English muffin; biscuit; sliced bread)? English muffin (however I normally pass on the bread).

^I feel like eating breakfast before I go to work now! Have a happy Tuesday!

Old 09-05-2023, 01:55 AM

1,383 posts, read 621,700 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

### Last week

###

### Quail and duck the latter a farmer in upstate NY, who was born in Hungary, mentioned his Old World grannie used to make cakes with duck eggs, due to the high fat content the cakes came out moist. It’s true.

Do you like egg salad?

### : ok:

### I’ve only had frittata once and I think it was red and green peppers. At our house we have a much thicker and better version, IMO, Tortilla Española:

https://www.spanishfoodguide.com/rec...illa-espanola/

### I used to but ketchup these days give me agita

### Just a little salt & pepper, between 2 slices of toast drizzled with a little EVOO

### Colombian Pan de Queso, Cuban bread, pan Gallego, Challah and croissant

### EVOO, cream cheese, brandade which is a cod fish spread made with cream are my favorite toppings.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/branda...recipe-1375248

### Plain croissant or a chocolate one.

### Me too!

### THX for the QOTD.

### Enjoy your Tuesday everyone.

Old 09-05-2023, 03:38 AM

16,908 posts, read 16,153,568 times
Quote:

TODAY'S QUESTIONS. YAYYYYYYYYYYYY! PAMMYPEEPS! SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU SHOW UP! HOORAY! YIPEE!!!

I've been eating lots and lots of jumbo eggs! Mostly for sandwiches, so since I can still make them better than any other person or rooster in the world they come out heavenly every time...yes, every wonderful time! Well, so I don't t hard boil them for that. I make them steam over in a glass covered skillet with some butter and water and they fill the entire pan in and get white and the edges stay soft (no browned edges) and the large yolks steam nicely and no raw egg whites anymore. I keep the glass lid cocked to the side to vent off the water as they get ready to be spatulaed onto the bread, filling the entire sandwich and when you bite into an egg yolk it is perfectly oozy and soft and the whites fluff up thick and white and soft.
I usually use some salt and flakey black pepper...even used a special bit of minced onion (dehydrated but pretty) on one yesterdays sandwich. Best I ever had, each and every time I do it.
Spell check disagrees with my spelling of spatulaed but I am overuling them this time. It's my sandwich!
I have had them with ketchup, Crystal Louisiana hot sauce. I have some secret people that I wish to come and make these sandwiches for, but maybe they are frightened of me. What if I am really a nice person? What if I really am truthful?
What if I try to dictate how many jumbo eggs go on the sandwich or if they wanted mustard on it? Women need to fear them things, I know! By the way, since Alaskan Mutt has his hands problem (and I expect it is more than simply his hands) this offer extends out to him as well and I would even bring the entire stock of cheap beers and stink cheeses. And plenty for security moose, too! So, Pammy-O, I don't much do the hard boiled thing, no, but sometimes I crave them and I never get them made for me. Plus my paprika got thrown out when we moved into this bigger and better home. But I'll replace it soon!

No.

I don't think so.

Do you like egg salad? Sure I do! With eggs in it!

I don't do the 'frittata' thing. I do the English things and the American things

Yes I do, often. But not always!

Here's that fried egg question...the eggs make a terrific palette for a large variety of flavor combinations!

Italian bread, toasted brown +.

Spreadable butter on breakfast toast. Peanut butter and fresh preserves is nice on whole wheat artisan loaves slices., toasted good and brown with crust bridges.

Brown toasted Italian bread or a toasted English which I tend to prefer Bay's over Thomases in recent years.

Happiness to you and your sister and the guys and their dog and dear, sweet Bella, thank you for the great start to my day!

Wheeeeeereeeree! WheeeWheeeWhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (Those delightful commercial piglets!)

Last edited by rainroosty; 09-05-2023 at 03:59 AM..

Old 09-05-2023, 05:26 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,575,265 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last eat a hard-boiled egg? I have no idea

Do you wash eggs before you crack them? Nope

Have you ever eaten an egg from a bird other than a chicken? Nope

Do you like egg salad? Nope

What ingredients would you like in your egg frittata? Never had a frittata

Do you ever put ketchup on eggs? Nope

Would you like a fried egg sandwich? If so, what condiment(s) would you like on it? Mayonaise

Your preferred toast: white; wheat; rye; sourdough; other (specify)? White

What do you like on your toast? Grape jelly

What is your favorite bread to have with breakfast (e.g., English muffin; biscuit; sliced bread)? Cinnamon raisin bread or biscuits
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics