Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2023, 01:56 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,405,809 times

Advertisements

Good Afternoon--well let's see how your first pinch-hitting went jbusa...

1) What time, and specify time zone, did you make your first CD Post today? Right now, 3:36 pm, eastern time

2) Do you ever eat dinner leftovers for breakfast? Yes

3) Do you shave in the shower or at the bathroom sink? Shower

4) Do you ski? a) Water; b) Cross Country; or c) Downhill I tried skiing twice--isn't my vibe hoping to go down a hill and not break any limbs.

5) When was the last time you went swimming? Probably when I was in middle school. Went in the ocean about 20 years ago--that undertow scared me. I was having trouble getting back to shore. That was the last time. Now, feet only.

6) When, if ever, did you lose your cell phone? I lost a cell phone about 20 years ago. I had to replace it.

7) When you can't find your cell phone, do you call it? Yes, either have someone call it or have the "fine iPhone" on my ipad help me.

8) On your cell phone, do you have customized ring tones for different people?

9) On your cell phone, do you have a customized ring tone for "default" purposes or do you use a factory tone? I picked an old fashion ring tone.

10) What was the last time, if ever, you went without a) food; and/or b) water for 24 hours, and was that a calendar day or defined otherwise?

That's all, and this is a "one-off" set of questions, hopefully.
You did a good job jbusa!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2023, 04:13 PM

11,390 posts, read 9,310,884 times
1) What time, and specify time zone, did you make your first CD Post today? - Right now, I just got home from work.

2) Do you ever eat dinner leftovers for breakfast? - Never. I switch off from high fiber whole grain cereal with a whole sliced avocado and eggs. No meat with them.

3) Do you shave in the shower or at the bathroom sink? - My small sink is in the living area.

4) Do you ski? a) Water; b) Cross Country; or c) Downhill - Never have and at my age it's highly doubtful I ever will.

5) When was the last time you went swimming? - 2008.

6) When, if ever, did you lose your cell phone? - That never happened.

7) When you can't find your cell phone, do you call it? - Same answer.

8) On your cell phone, do you have customized ring tones for different people? - No.

9) On your cell phone, do you have a customized ring tone for "default" purposes or do you use a factory tone? - I use what came with this phone. It was a present from my brother.

10) What was the last time, if ever, you went without a) food; and/or b) water for 24 hours, and was that a calendar day or defined otherwise? - I'm pretty sure that never happened.

Thanks for filling in, jbgusa! Great job!

Old 09-27-2023, 05:02 PM

9,741 posts, read 14,298,364 times
1) What time, and specify time zone, did you make your first CD Post today?
Eastern Daylight Time ..... Just now 6:55 p.m.

2) Do you ever eat dinner leftovers for breakfast? No

3) Do you shave in the shower or at the bathroom sink?

4) Do you ski? a) Water; b) Cross Country; or c) Downhill None

5) When was the last time you went swimming? Probably 20 yrs. ago

6) When, if ever, did you lose your cell phone? Never lost it, maybe misplaced it

7) When you can't find your cell phone, do you call it? No, I just retrace my steps

8) On your cell phone, do you have customized ring tones for different people? No

9) On your cell phone, do you have a customized ring tone for "default" purposes or do you use a factory tone? factory tone

10) What was the last time, if ever, you went without a) food; and/or b) water for 24 hours, and was that a calendar day or defined otherwise? Never did that

Thanks, JB! Great Job! Hope you enjoy the extra money!

Old 09-28-2023, 02:26 PM

35,262 posts, read 17,158,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post

Thanks, JB! Great Job! Hope you enjoy the extra money!
I get paid for this? I don't want money; I just want to give people a good time.

Old 09-28-2023, 02:38 PM

44,661 posts, read 61,743,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I get paid for this? I don't want money; I just want to give people a good time.
You get paid in crypto currency. But since crypto took his currency and went bankrupt you now only get crypto kudos for doing a fine job.

Old 09-28-2023, 04:05 PM

7,253 posts, read 7,105,108 times
Just to be clear, you posted that sentence in your original post, not me. I think you did a fine job.

Quote:
Absolutely and I forgot to title it "Questions of the Day."
Quote:
Good morning and greetings! This is my first try, pinch-hitting so bear with me.

That's all, and this is a "one-off" set of questions, hopefully. BeerGeek does a better job.

Old 09-29-2023, 07:51 AM

35,262 posts, read 17,158,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Just to be clear, you posted that sentence in your original post, not me. I think you did a fine job.
Thank you. I think you probably could have said "as jbgusa (or jim) said, and then quoted it. I thought I had not done well.

I always hesitate before stepping on someone's toes. Thank you again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics