Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2023, 08:35 PM

12,659 posts, read 3,000,535 times

Advertisements

Did you have anything good to eat this week?

What comes to mind when you think of your grandparents?

Have you bought any Halloween candy?

What can you tell us about dealing with the belongings of anyone deceased?

Is your eating table round or square/rectangular?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2023, 09:11 PM

14,872 posts, read 8,195,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
Yes, some grilled chicken burrito's, some pizza, some ice cream, General Tso, some yummy salads.
Love. Just love. Miss them.
No
It can be overwhelming and emotional in so many ways.

Rectangle.
Thanks for the questions PegE!

Old 10-06-2023, 09:36 PM

21,622 posts, read 8,785,389 times
Poached eggs on toast for breakfast yesterday.
One of my grandfather's favorite expressions was, "Well, I declare!" He always let me win at checkers.
No, I haven't. We don't get trick-or-treaters on our steep hill.
I still have some of my mother's belongings including many old photos, all the letters she wrote to her own mother since she was a child and all the letters I wrote to her.
None of the above. It's oval.

Thanks, PegE!

Old 10-06-2023, 10:13 PM

37,819 posts, read 41,130,318 times
Did you have anything good to eat this week? Barbecued spare ribs.

What comes to mind when you think of your grandparents? Only ever knew one grandmother (my father's parents both died when he was a kid and I don't even know who was my mother's father) and she died when I was 16. She used to play 500 rummy with me when my parents went out and she stayed with us on the weekend. She liked to watch wrestling on TV with one of her female neighbors, Lawrence Welk's show and Perry Mason. She was a licensed practical nurse who cooked kosher for her patients and she brought some of that food home. She also liked to read. I liked it when she came to visit.

Have you bought any Halloween candy? Don't get trick or treaters.

What can you tell us about dealing with the belongings of anyone deceased? Nothing.

Is your eating table round or square/rectangular? rectangular.

Old 10-06-2023, 10:36 PM

35,373 posts, read 17,273,314 times
Did you have anything good to eat this week? Too much too good, melts at last week's Arborfest.

What comes to mind when you think of your grandparents? They are long gone.

Have you bought any Halloween candy? My wife does that.

What can you tell us about dealing with the belongings of anyone deceased? I use them when I can, sell them if I can.

Is your eating table round or square/rectangular? Circular.

Thanks for the questions!

Old 10-07-2023, 01:25 AM

11,409 posts, read 9,333,788 times
Did you have anything good to eat this week? - Sure. Unfortunately I have grown attached to Whole Foods salad bar. Saying that because it costs either 3 or $4.00 a pound more than the other 3 salad bars I frequent. But oh my, that selection! As mentioned that is my lunch about 4 work days per week.

What comes to mind when you think of your grandparents? - Fathers side, mean but maybe not as mean as he was.

Mothers side, her mother died of breast cancer when she was about 5 yo. Her father seemed okay but I only remember seeing him about 3 times.

Have you bought any Halloween candy? - No one will come by as my apartment is well hidden.

What can you tell us about dealing with the belongings of anyone deceased? - Never had to deal with it. My brother lived in the same state as our parents so he took care of everything.

Is your eating table round or square/rectangular? - Regular computer desk, no table.

Thanks, PegE!

Last edited by John13; 10-07-2023 at 01:35 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-07-2023, 03:18 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,419,650 times
Good Morning

Did you have anything good to eat this week? The bread and butter in Dublin and their potatoes! I am not a bread and butter kind of girl-but boy oh boy--their bread and butter is memorable and so are their potatoes! Yum! I miss it...

What comes to mind when you think of your grandparents? My paternal Grandmother: a European immigrant who barely spoke English. My maternal Grandfather: his Scottish brogue and he was always a well dressed man.They are the only two grandparents I knew.

What can you tell us about dealing with the belongings of anyone deceased? Most things toss or donated. A few things kept.

Is your eating table round or square/rectangular? Round. I was diligent in finding a perfect round table to seat my family of five. I did not want anyone sitting alone.

Back to reality... wishing you a wonderful day

Old 10-07-2023, 06:02 AM

126,395 posts, read 19,151,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
Did you have anything good to eat this week? ...........Yes

What comes to mind when you think of your grandparents? ............Loving grandmothers,my grandfathers I never met for they died in the war

Have you bought any Halloween candy? .........No

What can you tell us about dealing with the belongings of anyone deceased? ............Lots of my parents things were moved to my home and kids homes.It was heartbreaking to dissolve my parents household last autumn

Is your eating table round or square/rectangular?......... Rectangular

Thank you Peg

Old 10-07-2023, 06:42 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,281,489 times
Good morning, PegE, and thank you!

Did you have anything good to eat this week? Yes, I had a brisket salad that was delicious!

What comes to mind when you think of your grandparents? Well I was lacking in the grandfather department, but when I think of my paternal grandmother, I think of unconditional love. When I think of my maternal grandmother, I think of artistic talent.

Have you bought any Halloween candy? No, not yet.

What can you tell us about dealing with the belongings of anyone deceased? When I got my late husband's things back (he died suddenly and unexpectedly of a massive heart attack), it broke my heart to see that he'd rolled up his shirt sleeves for work that day.

Is your eating table round or square/rectangular? Mine is rectangular.

Old 10-07-2023, 06:48 AM

18,969 posts, read 11,632,888 times
Yes. My sister sent me malted milk balls from Iceland the ratios and texture are great.

First three things are going to the library and museum with my grandmother, and staying over at their house where I’d sneak out of bed and listen to the conversations they had with their friends. They were activists and intellectuals; those conversations helped shape who I am today.

Not yet

It’s painful

Rectangular

Thank you Peg!
Posting Guide
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics