Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2023, 05:04 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times

Advertisements

Yes, indeed, here we are...at Saint Alphonso's Pancake breakfast, where I stole the margarine...and wailed on the bingo cards and blew up B latrine. ( Handy little quote from Frank Zappa )

~ Have you ever watched David Bowie performing on YouTube or even better, live? Incredible person, he was!

~ Same question with: Lou Reed....Frank Zappa...Jethro Tull...any bands from the 60's, 70's or 80's?

~ I Do you drink anything such as Gatorade ever, have you ever tried any?

~ Have you ever eaten a bison burger? (They are very lean and taste really good. Tonight I am having bison meat sauce on
my angel hair pasta dinner? I have my groceries delivered to me now due to my immobility)

~ Anything that Amazon delivered to you in the last month:

~ So, how is your Oktober going so far? Kanadian Thanksgiving! Hoorayyyy! The wonderful smells from Almrausch's
kitchen and delicious foods and all the beautiful colors and breezes! Do you ship any of it, Alm?

~ Can you please name some of your favorite songs from The Rolling Stones: (extra points for really old ones!

~ Have you seen any mushrooms this season yet? This year? Have you ever photographed them?

~ Are there times that you ever play music?

~ I miss Pammy's Today's Tip! Imagine even trying to keep up with that? Remember some still? I still just use my
toothpaste the size of a pea!

~ How long has it been now since you last smoked some marijuana? My throat cannot take it anymore. And the CBD
is just too in effective. I often misuse affect and effect. It's embarrassing.

~ Well, my friends, I hope I've done okay for this Fryday for you! I still think about getting a piano here. Every day.
Maybe. Kitty has strangely not gotten up yet. Wait til he finds out about his new big bag of treats I had delivered
from Amazon for him!

Thank you all for visiting today! Let me know via message if you need something...truly! Be well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2023, 05:18 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times
~ Have you ever watched David Bowie performing on YouTube or even better, live? Incredible person, he was! - I saw him twice in concert, post Spiders From Mars.

~ Same question with: Lou Reed....Frank Zappa...Jethro Tull...any bands from the 60's, 70's or 80's? - Way too many to name and I lack time right now.

Reed, once, Zappa, twice, Tull, twice. I didn't care for Tull the last time because Anderson was preaching on stage.

~ I Do you drink anything such as Gatorade ever, have you ever tried any? - Haven't had in about 10 years or so.

~ Have you ever eaten a bison burger? (They are very lean and taste really good. Tonight I am having bison meat sauce on
my angel hair pasta dinner? I have my groceries delivered to me now due to my immobility)
- I'll pass on that burger

~ Anything that Amazon delivered to you in the last month: - Socks.

~ So, how is your Oktober going so far? - Hummm.

Kanadian Thanksgiving! Hoorayyyy! The wonderful smells from Almrausch's
kitchen and delicious foods and all the beautiful colors and breezes! Do you ship any of it, Alm?

~ Can you please name some of your favorite songs from The Rolling Stones: (extra points for really old ones! - One of my favorite bands. I've seen them 8 times in concert. I like most of their stuff.

Sorry, I really have to hurry.

I will put in a plug for one of their releases - I feel Black And Blue is one of the most underrated LP/CD's ever.

Looking forward to hearing their new release. I will likely buy the CD.

~ Have you seen any mushrooms this season yet? This year? Have you ever photographed them? - Growing, no.

~ Are there times that you ever play music? - No.

~ I miss Pammy's Today's Tip! Imagine even trying to keep up with that? Remember some still? I still just use my

~ How long has it been now since you last smoked some marijuana? My throat cannot take it anymore. And the CBD
- I have no problems with it.

Not interested in CBD. Basing that on what I heard. I can get the real thing here, legally. Never thought I'd live to see the day...

Answer - a little last night...

The piano sounds really cool.

Old 10-13-2023, 05:42 AM

126,273 posts, read 19,045,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Yes, indeed, here we are...at Saint Alphonso's Pancake breakfast, where I stole the margarine...and wailed on the bingo cards and blew up B latrine. ( Handy little quote from Frank Zappa )

~ Have you ever watched David Bowie performing on YouTube or even better, live? Incredible person, he was!.............No I haven't

~ Same question with: Lou Reed....Frank Zappa...Jethro Tull...any bands from the 60's, 70's or 80's?..........No I haven't

~ Do you drink anything such as Gatorade ever, have you ever tried any? .........Never tried it

my angel hair pasta dinner? I have my groceries delivered to me now due to my immobility)................Long ago

~ Anything that Amazon delivered to you in the last month:........... Nothing last month

~ So, how is your Oktober going so far? Kanadian Thanksgiving! Hoorayyyy! The wonderful smells from Almrausch's
kitchen and delicious foods and all the beautiful colors and breezes! Do you ship any of it, Alm? ............The weather has been hot the first week of Oktober,then the temperature dropped and I have already the furnace on.Our Kanadian thanksgiving was nice. Around the Advent season my holiday baking starts and I do send tins out to family and friends

~ Can you please name some of your favorite songs from The Rolling Stones: (extra points for really old ones!............All I remember hearing the 'Angie' song

~ Have you seen any mushrooms this season yet? This year? Have you ever photographed them?.............I have seen them and a few years ago I took a picture of a very large one

~ Are there times that you ever play music?..............Yes I do play quite regularly Zither music and listen to music daily

toothpaste the size of a pea! .............And I use an empty large Kleenex box to put all my fruit/vegetable bags in thanks to Pammys tip

~ How long has it been now since you last smoked some marijuana? ..............Never!
My throat cannot take it anymore. And the CBD

~ Well, my friends, I hope I've done okay for this Fryday for you! I still think about getting a piano here. Every day.
Maybe. Kitty has strangely not gotten up yet. Wait til he finds out about his new big bag of treats I had delivered
from Amazon for him!

Thank you all for visiting today! Let me know via message if you need something...truly! Be well!

Thank you roosty and have a good weekend everyone!

Old 10-13-2023, 06:40 AM

30,523 posts, read 16,217,604 times
Quote:
I'm totally clueless as to what all that means.

~ Have you ever watched David Bowie performing on YouTube or even better, live? Incredible person, he was!
nope

~ Same question with: Lou Reed....Frank Zappa...Jethro Tull...any bands from the 60's, 70's or 80's?

Moody Blues and Hot Tuna

tried but they;re really yukky.

no but I'd like to.

nope. I don't do Amazon any more.

~ Can you please name some of your favorite songs from The Rolling Stones: (extra points for really old ones!
never been a Stones fan but I do like Paint It Black and You Can't Always Get What You Want.

~ Have you seen any mushrooms this season yet? This year? Have you ever photographed them?
yea but they're mostly gone now. I don't shoot anything any more.

only on a cd player.

me too. And that's the one I remember best too.

~ How long has it been now since you last smoked some marijuana? My throat cannot take it anymore. And the CBD about 50 yrs. another thing everybody but me got into.

from Amazon for him!

Thanks, roosty. Would you go have a root canal for me today? Appropriately on Friday the 13th. Not that I'm superstitious or anything.

Old 10-13-2023, 06:48 AM

3,121 posts, read 1,010,081 times
Good morning.

On youtube, yes.
Only on youtube.
No.
Not a burger but sausages. They were very good. I hope you improve soon.
A pair of Levi's jeans.
Very pleasant, thanks.
I don't like them.
No, not here.
Yes.
Never.
from Amazon for him!

Thanks. You too.

Old 10-13-2023, 07:07 AM

7,367 posts, read 5,481,324 times
]Yes, indeed, here we are...at Saint Alphonso's Pancake breakfast, where I stole the margarine...and wailed on the bingo cards and blew up B latrine. ( Handy little quote from Frank Zappa )

~ Have you ever watched David Bowie performing on YouTube or even better, live? Incredible person, he was! Yes, yes he was.

~ Same question with: Lou Reed....Frank Zappa...Jethro Tull...any bands from the 60's, 70's or 80's? Yes

~ I Do you drink anything such as Gatorade ever, have you ever tried any? I’ve tried it, I don’t drink it.

my angel hair pasta dinner? I have my groceries delivered to me now due to my immobility) I have tried bison burger, it was ok

~ Anything that Amazon delivered to you in the last month: yes

Our October has so far been too cold and rainy.

~ Can you please name some of your favorite songs from The Rolling Stones: (extra points for really old ones! Angie. Brown Sugar. Start me up.

~ Have you seen any mushrooms this season yet? This year? Have you ever photographed them? Yes. Carine’s. Huge ones I don’t know the name of. I didn’t photograph them.

~ Are there times that you ever play music? In the car.

Not for a very long time.

from Amazon for him!

Thank you!

Old 10-13-2023, 07:19 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,432,855 times

Music, but not performances.

80s stuff and later mostly. Sometimes 70s.

I have, but not regularly.

No.

Chair.

Good. The weather is finally cooler and I’ve been watching horror movies.

I can’t even name one of their songs off the top of my head. I guess I’d know if I heard it.

Haven’t paid attention.

When I feel like it.

Never have.

Old 10-13-2023, 08:19 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,572 posts, read 81,167,557 times
~ Have you ever watched David Bowie performing on YouTube or even better, live? Incredible person, he was! Used to watch his videos on MTV back in the day

~ Same question with: Lou Reed....Frank Zappa...Jethro Tull...any bands from the 60's, 70's or 80's? I never missed a Jethro Tull concert in the Bay Area, and even here saw them in Seattle about 1998. Others I saw often were Rod Stewart, Billy Preston, Joe Cocker, Leon Russel, Peter Frampton, and Santana.

~ I Do you drink anything such as Gatorade ever, have you ever tried any? Tried it, didn't like it. I stick to water and beer.

my angel hair pasta dinner? I have my groceries delivered to me now due to my immobility) Yes, had a bison burger at the café in the Cabella's store.

~ Anything that Amazon delivered to you in the last month: Just now I went out to get a package on the porrch, we get them 3-4 times a week.

kitchen and delicious foods and all the beautiful colors and breezes! Do you ship any of it, Alm? So far OK, lots of yard work to catch up on before the cold comes.

~ Can you please name some of your favorite songs from The Rolling Stones: (extra points for really old ones! Satisfaction, Gimmee Shelter, ****** Tonk Women.

~ Have you seen any mushrooms this season yet? This year? Have you ever photographed them? Yes, knocked some off the lawn yesterday.

~ Are there times that you ever play music? Not any more. Used to play clarinet in school, later 5 string banjo, and mandolin.

toothpaste the size of a pea! Never heard of it.

is just too in effective. I often misuse affect and effect. It's embarrassing. That would be about 1970, before I met my wife, and quit. It was a lot of seeds and stems back then, but a "lid" (baggie full) was just $10.

Old 10-13-2023, 08:31 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
Quote:

No.
No...Neil Diamond, Beach Boys, Rod Stewart, Alabama, John Denver....and more (it's early, just now getting coffee)
No. (I tried it once long ago and didn't like it.)
No.
A book, an air fryer/toaster oven, and a couple of kitchen pans.

Start me Up, Honky Tonk Women, She's a Rainbow, Paint it black, Satisfaction, It's Only Rock and Roll, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Beast of Burden, She's so cold,...probably forgetting some, they had so many songs through the years.

No and no.
Sure, every day or close to it, for a little bit. (that is if you mean play as in 'listen to' if you mean play an instrument no....
I miss that too! She gave us some great tips!
Never.
~ Well, my friends, I hope I've done okay for this Fryday for you! I still think about getting a piano here. Every day. Maybe you should do that! You only live once!
from Amazon for him!
I hope that he enjoys!
Ditto!
Thanks for the questions Roosty!

Old 10-13-2023, 09:03 AM

35,061 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Yes, indeed, here we are...at Saint Alphonso's Pancake breakfast, where I stole the margarine...and wailed on the bingo cards and blew up B latrine. ( Handy little quote from Frank Zappa ) Thanks as always for the questions. Are we eating pancakes or playing bingo?

~ Have you ever watched David Bowie performing on YouTube or even better, live? Incredible person, he was! I watched him from outer space, with Major Tom at my side. My circuit went dead and I went through ch-ch-ch-changes.

~ Same question with: Lou Reed....Frank Zappa...Jethro Tull...any bands from the 60's, 70's or 80's? I saw Tull in July 1970 at a concert that opened with Its a Beautiful Day, then Tull, then The Who. Not exactly December's foggy freeze. Three summers later I was astounded that Lou Reed's "Walk on the Wild Side" got AM radio airplay. Now there would be a riot.

~ I Do you drink anything such as Gatorade ever, have you ever tried any? Yes. Too caloric.

~ Have you ever eaten a bison burger? Yes, a few times. (They are very lean and taste really good. Tonight I am having bison meat sauce on my angel hair pasta dinner? I have my groceries delivered to me now due to my immobility) Sorry to hear

~ Anything that Amazon delivered to you in the last month: My wife and sons mostly get those. I got a book a few months ago.

~ So, how is your Oktober going so far? Fine Kanadian Thanksgiving! Hoorayyyy! The wonderful smells from Almrausch's kitchen and delicious foods and all the beautiful colors and breezes! Do you ship any of it, Alm? Alm, Happy Canadian Thanksgiving. I celebrated Columbus Day!

~ Can you please name some of your favorite songs from The Rolling Stones: (extra points for really old ones! I like some of their songs. 1) You Can't Always Get What You Want; Shattered (the prime rate's going up up up, most don't know that Mick Jagger went to London School of Economics so it's not "crime rate"), Honky Tonk Woman (YCAGWYW was it's B side can you believe), Wild Horses, and Time is on my Side (which as a child I thought was the Beatles). Brown Sugar honorable mention.

~ Have you seen any mushrooms this season yet? This year? Have you ever photographed them? Yes, yes and no.

~ Are there times that you ever play music? Lots, in the car and otherwises.

~ I miss Pammy's Today's Tip! Imagine even trying to keep up with that? Remember some still? I still just use my toothpaste the size of a pea! That's new to me.

~ How long has it been now since you last smoked some marijuana? My throat cannot take it anymore. I think in 1990, not sure, with my date, now wife, who didn't know I used it. And the CBD is just too in effective. I often misuse affect and effect. It's embarrassing.

from Amazon for him! You did great!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics