Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2023, 09:12 PM

37,805 posts, read 41,091,164 times

Advertisements

Did you know that the rarest hair and eye color combination is red hair with blue eyes? It is 0.17 percent of the world population.

THE QUESTIONS

Have you ever paid a price for procrastinating?
What happened because you procrastinated?

Have you ever been to an outdoor concert where you were expected to bring your own chair or blanket to sit on?
If yes, what type of concert was it?

Have you ever been to a religious funeral service, in a religious place of worship (examples: church, temple, etc.) that was not your own religion?
If yes, before the service did you give any thought to what you might be expected to say, sing, wear or do?

Have you ever attended any type of funeral service for a person who was murdered?
Did you know the deceased, personally or was it the kind the whole community shows up for?

Have you ever attended any type of funeral service for a person or persons who died due to a weather-related (examples: lightning, earthquake, flooding, tornado, hurricane, etc.) incident?

Have you seen any of these on the streets, in your yard, in the parking lots, in the skies, on the buildings, or in any woods where you live? In other words, roaming freely, not dead or in an enclosed setting like a zoo or aquarium.

deer
alligators
coyotes
bears
vultures
wolves

For the ones you answered “yes” to, do you know what to do if you should come in contact with them when you are not in a vehicle or building?
If you knew what to do, how did you know?

Have you seen this video? It’s only 50 seconds long. News stations in Australia even picked it up. What did you think after seeing it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT4w9WsvfEI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2023, 09:30 PM

21,595 posts, read 8,762,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Did you know that the rarest hair and eye color combination is red hair with blue eyes? It is 0.17 percent of the world population.
No, I didn't know this.

THE QUESTIONS

Many times. I'm a world-class procrastinator.

Most often it's that I've let store coupons expire and missed the chance to use them.

Have you ever been to an outdoor concert where you were expected to bring your own chair or blanket to sit on?
I have never attended a concert with no seating.

Have you ever been to a religious funeral service, in a religious place of worship (examples: church, temple, etc.) that was not your own religion?
If yes, before the service did you give any thought to what you might be expected to say, sing, wear or do?
Yes, I attended a Catholic Sunday mass with friends the morning after a slumber party. This was when masses were still in Latin. I was actually terrified because I didn't have any idea how to behave and was afraid that I would do something wrong.

Have you ever attended any type of funeral service for a person who was murdered?
Did you know the deceased, personally or was it the kind the whole community shows up for?
No, although a former friend of mine was murdered by her husband along with their two teenage daughters. The husband then killed himself. The story made national news. I didn't go to the memorial because I hadn't been in touch with this friend for many years, and I didn't know any of her family or friends. I learned about her death in a newspaper article.

Have you ever attended any type of funeral service for a person or persons who died due to a weather-related (examples: lightning, earthquake, flooding, tornado, hurricane, etc.) incident?
No, that's never happened.

Have you seen any of these on the streets, in your yard, in the parking lots, in the skies, on the buildings, or in any woods where you live? In other words, roaming freely, not dead or in an enclosed setting like a zoo or aquarium.

deer
alligators
coyotes
bears
vultures
wolves

For the ones you answered “yes” to, do you know what to do if you should come in contact with them when you are not in a vehicle or building?
I would slowly walk away.

Have you seen this video? It’s only 50 seconds long. News stations in Australia even picked it up. What did you think after seeing it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT4w9WsvfEI[/quote]
Holy smoke! That thing should try out for the Olympics.

Thanks, Laura C!

Old 11-12-2023, 10:11 PM

14,824 posts, read 8,160,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Didn't know that. One of my best friends when I was a teenager had red hair and blue eyes.
THE QUESTIONS

Have you ever paid a price for procrastinating? Often.
Got in trouble more than once because of procrastination.

Yes.
Mississippi River Festival at Edwardsville Illinois
sponsored by the University of Southern Illinois.

It was a rock concert with a bunch of different people.
^I don't think I have....at least I don't remember that.

Have you ever attended any type of funeral service for a person who was murdered? No.

No.

deer <---------this
alligators
coyotes <-------this
bears
vultures <-----this
wolves
No alligators or wolves in the city Of Lexington (thank goodness!)

Bears are in parts of Kentucky, especially Eastern Kentucky. They usually don't make their way to Lexington though. This summer there were several bear sightings in Lexington though.
https://www.wave3.com/2023/06/20/lex...ng-her-window/

https://fox56news.com/news/local/bea...adison-county/

https://www.wkyt.com/video/2023/07/1...ing-lexington/

Here is a raccoon on our patio eating the food I left out for Peek-a-boo (a feral cat who won't get within 20 feet of humans who just peeks at you from behind bushes).

Here he is where he dumped out the food on the patio and discarded the plastic tray like a frisbee eating Peek-a-Boo's food
https://i.imgur.com/21WkrfS.mp4

For the ones you answered “yes” to, do you know what to do if you should come in contact with them when you are not in a vehicle or building? Yes.
News. And just growing up going to Daniel Boone National Forest, Cave Run Lake, Red River Gorge, Smokey Mountains etc.

Wow! That's crazy! I think that Bear thinks he is a bird!

Thanks for the questions Laura.

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 11-12-2023 at 10:36 PM..

Old 11-12-2023, 10:51 PM

61,925 posts, read 87,533,958 times

I am happy with my gray eyes (3%) and the AB- blood group (1%)...lol

THE QUESTIONS

Oh, I am sure, I missed some opportunities due to procrastination. Nothing super serious, though.

Yes. In Houston. Don't remember what it was, many years ago.

Not funeral, wedding or any other occasion, but I have been to a just about every kind of church - during or after service and yes, I read about customs and proper behavior before visiting them.

I have never been to funeral except my parents.

No. Just normal deaths of old age.

deer <<< sadly they made my yards their home
alligators. <<< yes, Louisiana swamp
coyotes <<< also my yards
bears <<< in Colorado Smoky Mountains
vultures <<< l hear them often walking on my roof in San Antonio
wolves <<< in California. It was looking right into my eyes. Thankfully he wasn't hungry or decided that my meat doesn't look tasty.

Deer is harmless, alligators - don't go near water. Coyotes - they rarely attack people. Handle like wolves, dogs - with thick wooden stick. Bears - play dead, fart if you can for the stink Vultures aren't interested in humans alive. Wolves can be dangerous, especially hungry. Try a stick, scream, use rocks, try to intimate.

Lol... l posted the same on Nature Forum.
I thought the deer will be injured, but I was happy to see that it was not.
It was a very impressive jump, though!

Thank you, Laura, for the super interesting Q. Have a great week, peeps!

Old 11-12-2023, 11:37 PM

44,664 posts, read 61,759,412 times
THE QUESTIONS

Have you ever paid a price for procrastinating? Many times.
What happened because you procrastinated? Lost out on some good $$$ making land, commerce deals.

Have you ever been to an outdoor concert where you were expected to bring your own chair or blanket to sit on? No.

Have you ever been to a religious funeral service, in a religious place of worship (examples: church, temple, etc.) that was not your own religion? No.

Have you ever attended any type of funeral service for a person who was murdered? No.

Have you ever attended any type of funeral service for a person or persons who died due to a weather-related (examples: lightning, earthquake, flooding, tornado, hurricane, etc.) incident? No.

deer <---- Mountains nearby.
alligators <---- Florida vacation.
coyotes <---- Back yard.
bears <---- Mountains nearby.
vultures <---- Overhead various places.
wolves <---- Desert./mountains around here.

For the ones you answered “yes” to, do you know what to do if you should come in contact with them when you are not in a vehicle or building? Yes.
If you knew what to do, how did you know? Common sense, walk away slowly carry a big stick, or yell boo and run like the devil! j/k

Have you seen this video? It’s only 50 seconds long. News stations in Australia even picked it up. What did you think after seeing it? Funny.

Old 11-12-2023, 11:47 PM
bjh

60,147 posts, read 30,468,905 times
Well, yeah, the vast majority of world populations have brown hair and brown eyes.
THE QUESTIONS
Have you ever paid a price for procrastinating? What happened because you procrastinated?
Probably. Don't know/remember anything significant.
Have you ever been to an outdoor concert where you were expected to bring your own chair or blanket to sit on? If yes, what type of concert was it?
Sure. Rock, symphonic, 4th of July celebrations with patriotic music.
Have you ever been to a religious funeral service, in a religious place of worship (examples: church, temple, etc.) that was not your own religion? If yes, before the service did you give any thought to what you might be expected to say, sing, wear or do?
Yes. No thought needed.
n/a
n/a
And in real life, I suppose, not on video:
deer streets, highways, parks.
coyotes On a ranch
vultures beside roads, in yards and fields

For the ones you answered “yes” to, do you know what to do if you should come in contact with them when you are not in a vehicle or building? If you knew what to do, how did you know?
I think so. No idea.
Hadn't seen. So they took off 1k for the dent.

Thanks, Laura.

Old 11-13-2023, 12:18 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,408,238 times
Good Morning

Did you know that the rarest hair and eye color combination is red hair with blue eyes? It is 0.17 percent of the world population. Interesting...I did not know that.

THE QUESTIONS

What happened because you procrastinated? Way before online billing I paid many a late fee--not because I did not have the money because I would procrastinate sitting down and writing checks out, putting it in an envelope, taking it to the mailbox. Now, I have it all set up for automatic payment.

If yes, what type of concert was it? High school Orchestra concert for one of my sons.

Not really--I was excited about the cultural experience.

Have you ever attended any type of funeral service for a person who was murdered? Yes
Did you know the deceased, personally or was it the kind the whole community shows up for? I knew him personally. Murdered in a parking garage in Baltimore City--he had four young sons. Saddest funeral I have attended. I do my best to avoid parking in garages.

deer <--yes, I call them dam* deer. Every day when I drive on the roads/highways I am relieved when I get to my destination without hitting one. I always pass a few caracesses, or I see them on the side of the road.
alligators
coyotes Have only heard them
bears
vultures
wolves

For the ones you answered “yes” to, do you know what to do if you should come in contact with them when you are not in a vehicle or building? Yes, not sure in reality what I would do.
If you knew what to do, how did you know? As for the bear--I saw him in Yosemite while I was watching my sons rock climb. He wasn't that close, I rattled the paper bag and he ran off. I hurried to my car. I was advised to rattle a paper bag if I saw a bear.

Have you seen this video? It’s only 50 seconds long. News stations in Australia even picked it up. What did you think after seeing it? Yes, I saw it. Poor little dam* deer--even though I curse them on the roads--I feel sorry for that deer, he was scared.

Old 11-13-2023, 03:16 AM

11,392 posts, read 9,314,596 times
THE QUESTIONS

Not sure I want to tell a depressing story I am thinking about right now, sorry.

- I stood up for concerts before, never a blanket or chair.

- I have no use for religion.

I went to both my parents funerals to make my brother happy. I hid in the back and didn't pay much attention. What I heard at both made me ill. I know I'll be dead but I don't want one.

Have you ever attended any type of funeral service for a person who was murdered? - I only attended two in my life.

Did you know the deceased, personally or was it the kind the whole community shows up for? - N/A.

Have you ever attended any type of funeral service for a person or persons who died due to a weather-related (examples: lightning, earthquake, flooding, tornado, hurricane, etc.) incident? - Nope.

deer - Only this and plenty of times but only the general area. Not here where I have been living for over 4 years.
alligators
coyotes
bears
vultures
wolves

- Just try to stay away...

Have you seen this video? It’s only 50 seconds long. News stations in Australia even picked it up. What did you think after seeing it? - The person who bought the truck got ripped off. That was more than $1000.00 damage from what I saw.

Thanks, Laura!

Old 11-13-2023, 05:14 AM

1,389 posts, read 625,809 times

### Love redheads. I knew

THE QUESTIONS

### Seeing something I like, go back to buy and it’s sold out

Have you ever been to an outdoor concert where you were expected to bring your own chair or blanket to sit on? If yes, what type of concert was it?

###

### I have and go with the flow. At funerals I like to think most people are respectful of others just showing up.

###

### Personally

###

deer <
alligators
coyotes <
bears <
vultures <
wolves

For the ones you answered “yes” to, do you know what to do if you should come in contact with them when you are not in a vehicle or building? If you knew what to do, how did you know?

### Deers run away. A black bear was snorting and foraging about 200 feet +/- from me while I was out on my deck and totally ignored me. I was near the back door and quietly scooted inside the house. Coyotes I see mostly on the IRing camera at night. Vultures just fly off when anyone comes near.

I saw the story on CNN, but didn’t open the video in case the critter died. I don’t like watching that.

### THX for the Q’s LauraC

### Enjoy your week one and all.

Old 11-13-2023, 05:33 AM

9,743 posts, read 14,302,535 times
Have you ever paid a for procrastinating? I don't think so
If so, what happened because you procrastinated?

Have you ever been to an outdoor concert where you were expected to bring your own chair or blanket to sit on? Yes
If yes, what type of concert was it? Yes, Merriweather Post Pavillion in Columbia, Md....Allman Bros. - Many years ago.
and Bayside, in Fenwick Island...a couple of years ago. When the gates open, people run with their chairs to get a good spot.

Have you ever been to a religious funeral service, in a religious place of worship (examples: church, temple, etc.) that was not your own religion? No

Have you ever attended any type of funeral service for a person who was murdered? No
Did you know the deceased, personally or was it the kind the whole community shows up for? depressing

Have you ever attended any type of funeral service for a person or persons who died due to a weather-related (examples: lightning, earthquake, flooding, tornado, hurricane, etc.) incident? No.................More depressing(

deer X...around here, they're dangerous during their mating system. In ou small town it's not surprising to see deer running down the streets and on to yards.
alligators
coyotes
bears
vultures [color="DarkRed"]X - necessary to clean up our roads/COLOR]
wolves

For the ones you answered “yes” to, do you know what to do if you should come in contact with them when you are not in a vehicle or building? State Police, extra strong pepper spray does the trick. I've also used it on a couple of humans during some of my dangerous jobs.
If you knew what to do, how did you know? I have taken classes in self-defense, necessary for my job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics