Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2023, 05:54 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,098 posts, read 30,411,363 times

Advertisements

Welcome to the last Thursday QotD of 2023.

Today's Question(s):
How did your holiday/weekend go?

Does your home have stairs or steps?

What vacation destinations are left on your bucket list?

Foodie Question(s):
When you're home alone, where and how do you dine?

How do you like olives: pizza, salad, just straight, not at all, other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2023, 06:59 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,554,390 times
Today's Question(s):
How did your holiday/weekend go? Not bad. Still have another bunch of great grandyoungsters coming this weekend

Does your home have stairs or steps? Yup

What vacation destinations are left on your bucket list? Too many to list

Foodie Question(s):
When you're home alone, where and how do you dine? In the den watching TV or on the computer...like now

How do you like olives: pizza, salad, just straight, not at all, other? I like my olives on somebody else's plate

Old 12-27-2023, 07:44 PM

6,878 posts, read 4,880,771 times
I have stairs. Nice wide staircase.

Lots of places on my vacation list.

I eat at my dining table whether or not I am alone.

I like black olives. I don't care for Greek olives.

Old 12-27-2023, 07:52 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,600,412 times
crazy

Today's Question(s):
it was fine - quiet. We went out for dinner and a movie on Christmas. Both sub par but it was nice to be out and it wasn’t crowded at all

we have steps outside. I hate them. They’re too steep and the tread isn’t deep enough. So says me, anyway. We have too many stairs inside. You’ve touched a nerve with this question! I love our house except for the stairs. There’s a ridiculous step down from the dining room to the living room. I hate it so much.

too many to list. We’re planning on retiring early and, for the first few years, moving somewhere overseas for 3 or so months at a time. Three months is a pretty typical limit on how long you can stay in a country without needing a visa. First stop will be back to Ukraine to volunteer. After that we’ll probably go somewhere in South America, like Columbia, or in Southeast Asia, like Vietnam.

Foodie Question(s):
when it’s just me I mostly just pick around and will eat it in the den while I read, call my sister, play on my iPad, or watch TV

black olives are fine on pizza but I’d never order them. I’ll take any kind of olive on salad or to snack - black, kalamata, other Greek olives, Spanish green olives, plain ol green olives - all with or without pits, seasoned or not. One of my favorites was when my mom would give me a gin-soaked green olive from her martini.

Thank you! Sleep tight!
Posting Guide

Old 12-27-2023, 08:15 PM

1,374 posts, read 616,388 times

Today's Question(s):

### Not bad, looking forward to the last one for 2023

### Stairs

### Quite a few

Foodie Question(s):

### Dining room table, always

### I like olives all sorts of way. Stuffed with tuna or anchovies are delicious. But most of all olive oil

### Thx for the Q’s bjh

### Enjoy your Thurs all

Old 12-27-2023, 08:48 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times

Today's Question(s):
It was okay.

Does your home have stairs or steps? Noooo.

What vacation destinations are left on your bucket list? I'm thinking about driving to Florida in January, February or March 2025. Want to go to Butterfly World for bird and butterfly photos, Merritt Island NWR for birds I don't see here, Lake Apopka Wildlife Drive, Apopka and maybe a day cruise. Depends which ones are closest to each other. I'd go to NASA, since you can see it from Merritt Island, but I have to do some research first to see if you are allowed to take photos there. No alligator photos for me. They don't do well in competitions. In 2024, I'll be back in Delaware for 2 weeks.

Foodie Question(s):
In front of the TV in my living room.

How do you like olives: pizza, salad, just straight, not at all, other? I don't like olives, green or black.

Old 12-27-2023, 08:53 PM

44,370 posts, read 20,076,303 times
Today's Question(s):

How did your holiday/weekend go? Fantastic! I celebrated with family and friends as three different gatherings in three days: Sat, Sun and Mon. Many happy hours with lots of loved ones.

Does your home have stairs or steps? None indoors except for the stairs to the basement. I rarely go down there because access is through a trap door in the family room floor and it's a pain in the butt to move furniture and lift the heavy door which leads to the stairs. Outside the house, there are three short stairs to get from the sidewalk to the front porch deck.

What vacation destinations are left on your bucket list? Alaska; Switzerland; Baltic countries; Grand Canyon; Norway; Yellowstone; Newfoundland; many others.

Foodie Question(s):
When you're home alone, where and how do you dine? TV tray in the family room, using regular ceramic dishes and stainless flatware.

How do you like olives: pizza, salad, just straight, not at all, other? All of the above. I love olives, both green and black.

Thanks heaps for the Thursday questions, bjh!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 12-27-2023, 08:54 PM

21,552 posts, read 8,733,710 times

Today's Question(s):
It was quiet and peaceful, just Mr. Bay and me. I roasted a turkey breast and served all the usual sides.
Yes, the garage is on the ground floor and the house is on the second level.
Travel is off the menu since Mr. Bay has numerous health problems. If I ever do get to travel again, I would like to visit Yosemite National Park, England and France.
Foodie Question(s):
I am never alone because Mr. Bay is housebound, but if I were I would have something simple and easy to prepare.
How do you like olives: pizza, salad, just straight, not at all, other?[/quote]
I like olives on all of the above or just straight.

Thanks, bjh!

Old 12-27-2023, 11:14 PM

44,637 posts, read 61,653,458 times
Today's Question(s):
How did your holiday/weekend go? Just the 2 of us and we had a t-bone steak dinner then watched TV.

Does your home have stairs or steps? No stairs.

What vacation destinations are left on your bucket list? Many I dream of, but being a care giver the many responsibilities limit what I want to do these days.

Foodie Question(s):
When you're home alone, where and how do you dine? All dining including most snacking is done in the dining room at the dining table.

How do you like olives: pizza, salad, just straight, not at all, other? Not a fan, sometimes in a taco salad I'll eat the black ones.

"Happy New Year to you and all".

Old 12-27-2023, 11:35 PM

61,753 posts, read 87,217,162 times

Today's Question(s):

Pretty good. Spent with SO and friends.

Just to entry. Not inside.

Left??? Too many!! Would like to visit Middle East, again, but it's too dangerous right now. Antarctica is added to my list - it would be nice to go there!

Foodie Question(s):

Usually in the kitchen or the sunroom. Something simple - preparation time 30 minutes or less...lol!! At least most of the times. I like all my meals warm, though. Even sandwich.

Salad, pizza, but just very few, they are too salty to me.

Thank you, bjh for today's Q's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics