Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2023, 03:15 AM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times

Advertisements

Hello, folks. Hopefully everyone is warm and dry. Let's take a look at . . .

Today's Question(s):
Do you ever buy yourself a birthday, Christmas, or other day present, and if so, please give an example if you can?

Have you ever just slept on your sofa or recliner instead of going to bed for the night?

Next year is a leap year. Do leap years or Feb. 29 mean anything to you or yours or just another day/year?

Foodie Question(s):
Except water, if you could only have foods and drinks beginning with the letter P for a day, what would you have?

Today's Dumb Joke:
Why didn't the chicken cross the road at the light?
It was a jay walker.

Today's Quote:
Problems always look smaller after a warm meal and a good night's sleep.

Well, there you have it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2023, 03:43 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times
Good Morning

Today's Question(s):
Do you ever buy yourself a birthday, Christmas, or other day present, and if so, please give an example if you can? All the time Currently in Switzerland, bought myself a pretty Swiss watch. Merry Christmas to me

Have you ever just slept on your sofa or recliner instead of going to bed for the night?

Next year is a leap year. Do leap years or Feb. 29 mean anything to you or yours or just another day/year? It is a fun day having an extra day in the year.

Foodie Question(s):
Except water, if you could only have foods and drinks beginning with the letter P for a day, what would you have? Pizza, popcorn, pasta, Pinot Noir

Happy Thursday!

Old 12-07-2023, 04:57 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times

Today's Question(s):

Do you ever buy yourself a birthday, Christmas, or other day present, and if so, please give an example if you can?

l buy me stuff as needed, don't call them "gifts" or buy them for that reason.

Many times. It's very comfy, and it doesn't really matter where I sleep as long I have a good night sleep.

Next year is a leap year. Do leap years or Feb. 29 mean anything to you or yours or just another day/year?

Means nothing to me and makes no difference.

Foodie Question(s):

Except water, if you could only have foods and drinks beginning with the letter P for a day, what would you have?

Paella, poached egg, prosciutto, parfait, partridge, pea soup, Pho, pierogi, pizza, pot roast, pork chops, potatoes, potatoes salad, pilaf, Peking duck, pita bread, pears, peaches, plums, Port wine, Prosecco, Pear Martini, Pinot Noir, Pale Ale ...

Today's Dumb Joke:

It was a jay walker.

Today's Quote:

Very true!!

Well, there you have it.

Thank you for letting me have it . Stay warm!!

Last edited by elnina; 12-07-2023 at 05:27 AM..

Old 12-07-2023, 04:59 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times

Today's Question(s):
I usually buy myself a new camera or lens or some other camera accessory around Christmas but this year, got the new smartphone and don't really need a new camera or lens.

Have you ever just slept on your sofa or recliner instead of going to bed for the night? I always sleep on my recliner at home (that's what it was made for) as it allows me to elevate my legs, has lumbar support, has arms, I can lay flat in it and it's electric. When I go to a hotel, I always sleep on a couch because in a hotel, the beds are too high for me. Last year, the hotel bed in one location came up to my chest.

Next year is a leap year. Do leap years or Feb. 29 mean anything to you or yours or just another day/year? Nothing special.

Foodie Question(s):
Pineapple juice, punch and Poland Springs water to drink. Pork chops, potatoes (roasted) and peas for dinner. Pudding (frozen) around 8:00P. Skip breakfast. May have pizza (no toppings) for lunch or skip lunch, too.

Today's Dumb Joke:
It was a jay walker.

Today's Quote:
Or you have nightmares about them and wake up to barf that warm meal.

Well, there you have it.

Old 12-07-2023, 05:01 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you ever buy yourself a birthday, Christmas, or other day present, and if so, please give an example if you can? Yes. I call them “Merry Christmas to me†presents. I think the last thing I bought was some eyeshadow, that I saw while browsing for a gift. I ordered my friend something from King Arthur Flour, and I might get one for me, too.

Have you ever just slept on your sofa or recliner instead of going to bed for the night? No, but dh has after surgery.

Next year is a leap year. Do leap years or Feb. 29 mean anything to you or yours or just another day/year? Nope

Foodie Question(s):
Except water, if you could only have foods and drinks beginning with the letter P for a day, what would you have? Pepsi, papaya juice, pork, potatoes, peas, pizza.

Today's Dumb Joke:
It was a jay walker.

Today's Quote:
Problems always look smaller after a warm meal and a good night's sleep. This is true. It’s always the darkest, just before dawn.

Well, there you have it. Have a good one, and remember Pearl Harbor.

Old 12-07-2023, 05:08 AM

1,364 posts, read 611,485 times

Today's Question(s):

### I gift myself with a skim milk latte everyday, with a sweet treat. The simple things in life is what makes life worth living

### Recliner helps me sleep when I’m sick with head and chest congestion making it easy to breathe.

### Just another day.

Foodie Question(s):

### Pizza or peanut butter.

Today's Dumb Joke:
It was a jay walker.

Today's Quote:

### So true.

Well, there you have it.

###THX for the Q’s, bjh

### Good day to all.

Old 12-07-2023, 06:36 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Hello, folks. Hopefully everyone is warm and dry. Let's take a look at . .

Today's Question(s):
Do you ever buy yourself a birthday, Christmas, or other day present, and if so, please give an example if you can? Not for myself but for my wife a new car one Christmas.

Have you ever just slept on your sofa or recliner instead of going to bed for the night? Many times.

Next year is a leap year. Do leap years or Feb. 29 mean anything to you or yours or just another day/year? Just another day of fresh air.

Foodie Question(s):
Except water, if you could only have foods and drinks beginning with the letter P for a day, what would you have? Pizza, pork chops, pastrami, potato's, Pepsi, punch, Perrier, pears, peaches, pineapple, pumpkin pie, pecan pie.

Today's Dumb Joke:
It was a jay walker.

Today's Quote:

Well, there you have it.

Old 12-07-2023, 07:00 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Good morning, bjh, and thank you!

Do you ever buy yourself a birthday, Christmas, or other day present, and if so, please give an example if you can? Yes, I do this every year and sometimes I combine my birthday and Christmas but sometimes I don't. For instance, last year I bought myself two John Richard chairs and this year I bought myself a new rug.

Have you ever just slept on your sofa or recliner instead of going to bed for the night? No.

Next year is a leap year. Do leap years or Feb. 29 mean anything to you or yours or just another day/year? They are just another year to me.

Except water, if you could only have foods and drinks beginning with the letter P for a day, what would you have? Hmmmm let's see...pretzels, pecans, Popcicles, Pepsi. Oh, and those German cookies called pfeffernusse. Oh, and pie and pizza. It would be a weird day because I don't usually eat most of that list!

Old 12-07-2023, 07:03 AM

126,264 posts, read 19,031,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
Do you ever buy yourself a birthday, Christmas, or other day present, and if so, please give an example if you can? ..........No

Have you ever just slept on your sofa or recliner instead of going to bed for the night? ...........No

Next year is a leap year. Do leap years or Feb. 29 mean anything to you or yours or just another day/year? .......Just the same

Foodie Question(s):
Except water, if you could only have foods and drinks beginning with the letter P for a day, what would you have? ...............
Pumpernickel bread with peanut butter, pumpkin soup and potato casserole and to drink Perrier and pomegranate for dessert

Today's Dumb Joke:
It was a jay walker.

Today's Quote:

Well, there you have it.

Thank you bjh

Old 12-07-2023, 07:11 AM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
Do you ever buy yourself a birthday, Christmas, or other day present, and if so, please give an example if you can? I treat myself to a new item every now and then, the one this year was a cool promo poster of the Moody Blues I got on e-bay, as soon as it gets here I'm going to have it custom framed and it goes in the living room! YAY---

Have you ever just slept on your sofa or recliner instead of going to bed for the night? yes, a time or two or three!

Next year is a leap year. Do leap years or Feb. 29 mean anything to you or yours or just another day/year? not really, no.

Foodie Question(s):
Except water, if you could only have foods and drinks beginning with the letter P for a day, what would you have? peas, peanut butter, pizza, pineapple slices in a short stack of pancakes, pears, pumpkin pie, Palisade (Colorado) peaches.

Today's Dumb Joke:
It was a jay walker. baack buck buck buck baack!!

Today's Quote:

Well, there you have it.

Love these ??'s! Hope everyone has a great day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics