Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2023, 04:02 PM

427 posts, read 162,777 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
Do you ever buy yourself a birthday, Christmas, or other day present, and if so, please give an example if you can?
I don't recall having ever done that.

Have you ever just slept on your sofa or recliner instead of going to bed for the night?
No. I can not get comfortable on anything other than a bed.

Next year is a leap year. Do leap years or Feb. 29 mean anything to you or yours or just another day/year?
I did once know someone who's birthday is on Feb 29th. The running joke that he played along with was that he only aged up every leap year. lol

Foodie Question(s):
Except water, if you could only have foods and drinks beginning with the letter P for a day, what would you have?
Hm... Popcorn. That's pretty simple for me. Otherwise, Polar Sparkling Water. Does that count, or is that cheating as it's a whole brand? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2023, 06:54 PM

1,873 posts, read 848,444 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you ever buy yourself a birthday, Christmas, or other day present, and if so, please give an example if you can? Yeah, If it's something more expensive then what I'd like anyone to buy me. A family member was talking about buying me a gift for this Christmas, they just wanted to know which one to get. Well the one I wanted was $225 (about twice as much as they thought) so I bought it as a gift to myself and gave them some much cheaper ideas.

Have you ever just slept on your sofa or recliner instead of going to bed for the night? Yeah, did a couple of times last month. Seem to get a lot more sleep that way.

Next year is a leap year. Do leap years or Feb. 29 mean anything to you or yours or just another day/year? Another day.

Foodie Question(s):
Except water, if you could only have foods and drinks beginning with the letter P for a day, what would you have? Pakora's.

Old 12-07-2023, 09:41 PM

39,030 posts, read 23,030,967 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you ever buy yourself a birthday, Christmas, or other day present, and if so, please give an example if you can?
For my birthday this year, I bought myself a new analog watch.

Have you ever just slept on your sofa or recliner instead of going to bed for the night?
No recliners here. I've never slept on the sofa, at least not all night.

Next year is a leap year. Do leap years or Feb. 29 mean anything to you or yours or just another day/year?
Just another day/year.

Foodie Question(s):
Except water, if you could only have foods and drinks beginning with the letter P for a day, what would you have?
Pizza, pork chops, potatoes, pears, plums, pear juice.

Today's Dumb Joke:
Why didn't the chicken cross the road at the light?
It was a jay walker.

Today's Quote:
Problems always look smaller after a warm meal and a good night's sleep.

Well, there you have it.
And so it goes....

Old 12-08-2023, 08:30 PM

18,968 posts, read 11,630,575 times
nope

Whaaaat!? Me!? Who would evah do such a thing!? Yup. Only happens if I’m home alone. Worst thing about it is that I fall asleep with the light on. I never get a good night’s sleep because the lights on - and I’m stubborn about not getting up to turn it off.

Oh, really? Just another day for me

Foodie Question(s):

Breakfast - peach pie
Snacks - pita chips with port wine cheese, pretzels with peanut butter
Dinner - pork chops, pasta with fresh parmigiana, peas
Dessert - pudding
Hmmm, I might have to make all-day meal plans in alpha order more often!

Today's Dumb Joke:
It was a jay walker.
whooo boy.

Today's Quote:
They’re not as bad with a warm puppy

Well, there you have it.
Gotcha. Thank you! Now I’m a bit peckish and want a puppy
Posting Guide

Old 12-08-2023, 10:59 PM

14,858 posts, read 8,184,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Hello, folks. Hopefully everyone is warm and dry. Let's take a look at . . .

Today's Question(s):
Yes.
Yes.
No....it would be interesting for people born on that day though.
Foodie Question(s):
Peaches, peanuts, pizza
Today's Dumb Joke:
It was a jay walker.

Today's Quote:

Well, there you have it.
Thank you for the questions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics