Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2024, 04:18 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times

Advertisements

Well hello again to you all that arrive here on Fryday, which is just my way of writing Fryday for this weekly event did you
know...and for the record, I dislike that televised crap that people have made traditional Groundhog Day in modern times.
Poor groundhog. I think the one groundhog that they used to feature (they call Punxatawny Phil) died from the abuse of humans so they just replaced him with a different one. I hope that groundhog bites the guy's face and hands so viciously that he gets scarred for life. So there! (Not done with my coffee yet!)

~ Is there someone that you would really like to spend some time with, perhaps a long time with, that you just can't for some reason?

~ Any 'annual events' that you usually do:

~ Have you ever took notice of a lady that has done a beautiful job of applying her facial 'make up'?

~ Your preferred kind of doughnut, if you would eat a doughnut? You can have two kinds!

~ Have you ever played a video game in someone's house? Do you remember what it was?

~ Any places that you have been to for 'amusement':

~ Anything that you think is something truly astounding:

~ Acronyms that you find to be annoying:
( Why can't people just spell it out?)

~ Seeds that you appreciate/enjoy:

~ Scary things (to you, anyway):

~ Do you recall any illnesses that you had when you were young?

~ What kind of water do you drink, usually?

~ Stuffed __________.

~ __________ dinner

~ What sort of pretzels would you like and with how much salt?

~ Are there any forums that you notice are not on City-Data? What are they:

~ Do you think you would do an okay job if you needed to fill in for a missing breakfast cook at a small diner?

~ Can you list any states that you would not want to live in, for any reason?
( No offensive reasons, I mean for other reasons...nice reasons.)

~ Do you ever hear the sound of a train from inside your home? Especially in cool weather, when sound carries far.)

~ Bonus question...remember those? Things that should be stored away from high humidity:

**** Please be kind to animals of all kinds throughout your life! Have a heart for all. Thank you very, very much for
taking the time to coming to visit my Fryday thing! I always love to read your answers! *smiles and best wishes****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2024, 04:41 AM

11,362 posts, read 9,275,640 times
~ Is there someone that you would really like to spend some time with, perhaps a long time with, that you just can't for some reason? - Sure, damn aging....

~ Any 'annual events' that you usually do: - I like outdoor festivals when the weather gets warmer.

~ Have you ever took notice of a lady that has done a beautiful job of applying her facial 'make up'? - Too much doesn't do anything for me...

~ Your preferred kind of doughnut, if you would eat a doughnut? You can have two kinds! - Triple chocolate and vanilla. Those were the last two I had, one one week and the other two weeks after that. The vanilla I had was warm.

~ Have you ever played a video game in someone's house? Do you remember what it was? - Never did. I'm not into that anyway.

~ Any places that you have been to for 'amusement': - Outdoor festivals, especially gay prides. FWIW and mentioned before, I am straight.

~ Anything that you think is something truly astounding: - Thinking of something political right now so I can't say...

( Why can't people just spell it out?) - Doesn't bother me.

~ Seeds that you appreciate/enjoy: - Don't.

~ Scary things (to you, anyway): - Me aging.

~ Do you recall any illnesses that you had when you were young? - Yes, no need for details. Hospitalized for 3 weeks.

~ What kind of water do you drink, usually? - Filtered from a local organic market chain.

~ Stuffed peppers

~ Healthy dinner

~ What sort of pretzels would you like and with how much salt? - I had a soft pretzel yesterday for the first time in about a year. I went to a thrilling Division 1 women's college basketball game last night at UMBC. I had to leave right after work and did not have time to eat. I didn't see anything else there I could tolerate.

Regular amount of salt. It was actually pretty good.

~ Are there any forums that you notice are not on City-Data? What are they: - IDK, this is it for me.

~ Do you think you would do an okay job if you needed to fill in for a missing breakfast cook at a small diner? - The stench would be very unpleasant to me. Pass in a big way.

~ Can you list any states that you would not want to live in, for any reason? - Almost all "red" states, especially Florida. I do not like that state at all. Been there many times. My brother won't give it up in me moving there. I'd rather live in Baltimore.

Plus, there is no way I am giving up this job I have, unless the business is sold which sadly is a possibility because the owners are old. I'm doing very well, I got another raise yesterday which came as a big surprise.

( No offensive reasons, I mean for other reasons...nice reasons.) - Politics and the climate doesn't agree with me. Too hot and stormy.

~ Do you ever hear the sound of a train from inside your home? Especially in cool weather, when sound carries far.) - Not here but the main train station in Baltimore is only about a mile from here.

~ Bonus question...remember those? Things that should be stored away from high humidity:

**** Please be kind to animals of all kinds throughout your life! Have a heart for all. Thank you very, very much for
taking the time to coming to visit my Fryday thing! I always love to read your answers! *smiles and best wishes****

Peace and thank you.

Last edited by John13; 02-02-2024 at 06:05 AM.. Reason: fixed something then added....

Old 02-02-2024, 05:14 AM

30,488 posts, read 16,198,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Well hello again to you all that arrive here on Fryday, which is just my way of writing Fryday for this weekly event did you
know...and for the record, I dislike that televised crap that people have made traditional Groundhog Day in modern times.
Poor groundhog. I think the one groundhog that they used to feature (they call Punxatawny Phil) died from the abuse of humans so they just replaced him with a different one. I hope that groundhog bites the guy's face and hands so viciously that he gets scarred for life. So there! (Not done with my coffee yet!)
No Punxatawny Phil did not die. The one in NJ died. I doubt it was from abuse. No animal lives forever.

~ Is there someone that you would really like to spend some time with, perhaps a long time with, that you just can't for some reason?

yes

plant swap in spring is the only one I can think of. All the touristy ones are too crowded.

~ Have you ever took notice of a lady that has done a beautiful job of applying her facial 'make up'?

yes. Sometimes a little goes a long way.

~ Your preferred kind of doughnut, if you would eat a doughnut? You can have two kinds!

cruller, cream filled

~ Have you ever played a video game in someone's house? Do you remember what it was?
nope.

auctions, flea markets, county fair, blue grass festivals, craft shows,

some peoples' narrow mindedness

I know there are some but can't think of any now.

sunflower and pumpkin by themselves, sesame and poppy on or in stuff

strange noises, speeding cars,

a few

any old stuff

~ Stuffed ___animal_______.

~ ____what's for______ dinner

sticks with minimal salt

there's a cross stitch forum I frequent

~ Do you think you would do an okay job if you needed to fill in for a missing breakfast cook at a small diner?
good grief no. Any thing more than toast or cereal would be best left for someone who cooks.

any hot states, any desert states, any expensive states

~ Do you ever hear the sound of a train from inside your home? Especially in cool weather, when sound carries far.)
no. wish I did

me.

thanks, roosty. good questions.

Old 02-02-2024, 05:37 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Well hello again to you all that arrive here on Fryday, which is just my way of writing Fryday for this weekly event did you know...and for the record, I dislike that televised crap that people have made traditional Groundhog Day in modern times. Poor groundhog. I think the one groundhog that they used to feature (they call Punxatawny Phil) died from the abuse of humans so they just replaced him with a different one. I hope that groundhog bites the guy's face and hands so viciously that he gets scarred for life. So there! (Not done with my coffee yet!). Bill DeBlasio, former NYC mayor dropped the groundhog (Staten Island Chuck) one groundhog day 10 years ago and the groundhog died. I think they are kind of cute. This one was taken by me in 2013:

~ Is there someone that you would really like to spend some time with, perhaps a long time with, that you just can't for some reason? Yes. Friends in NY but I will not drive through NYC anymore to get to them.

~ Any 'annual events' that you usually do: Road trip during songbird Spring migration, 2 annual photography salons (2 different clubs) and a visit to H&R Block at tax time.

~ Have you ever took notice of a lady that has done a beautiful job of applying her facial 'make up'? No. But I have noticed the ones who shovel it on.

~ Your preferred kind of doughnut, if you would eat a doughnut? You can have two kinds! raspberry filled and Boston Cream.

~ Have you ever played a video game in someone's house? Do you remember what it was? Duck Hunt at my sister's a very long time ago.

~ Any places that you have been to for 'amusement': Disneyland, some fairs and to see some comedians. I get sick on rides so I try to avoid those places.

~ Anything that you think is something truly astounding: Yes, but not in a good way.

I don't know some of the latest ones that have to do with social networks because I don't post on any.

~ Seeds that you appreciate/enjoy: sunflower seeds.

~ Scary things (to you, anyway): WWIII

~ Do you recall any illnesses that you had when you were young? chickenpox, measles and tonsilitis.

~ What kind of water do you drink, usually? Glaceau smart water. 16.9 fl. ounce bottles The bottles are sturdy. Go ahead and laugh but did you ever sit a water bottle down and it toppled over because the bottom was lumpy and flimsy?

~ Stuffed peppers.

~ frozen dinner

~ What sort of pretzels would you like and with how much salt? Pretzel rods with a lot of salt...don't tell my doctor.

~ Are there any forums that you notice are not on City-Data? What are they: I'd like a "How Do You" forum we people can ask question about repair, assembly and use on any subject. I hate when I google something and it starts out, "Open the whatchamacallit..." and you don't even know where the whatchamacallit is to get to the next 9 directions that follow it.

~ Do you think you would do an okay job if you needed to fill in for a missing breakfast cook at a small diner? Nope. Not a people person - no patience. Can't stand for long periods of time. Don't like to cook.

Yup, none of the Gulf states - too hot. California - too expensive including taxes, too many rules and mandates.

~ Do you ever hear the sound of a train from inside your home? Especially in cool weather, when sound carries far.) No. I live too far from the tracks. But I wouldn't mind living near our tracks. I love freight trains.

~ Bonus question...remember those? Things that should be stored away from high humidity: Me. I hibernate in the summer.

**** Please be kind to animals of all kinds throughout your life! Have a heart for all. Thank you very, very much for taking the time to coming to visit my Fryday thing! I always love to read your answers! *smiles and best wishes****

Old 02-02-2024, 05:53 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
~ Is there someone that you would really like to spend some time with, perhaps a long time with, that you just can't for some reason? Yes

~ Any 'annual events' that you usually do: Family dinners on holidays

~ Have you ever took notice of a lady that has done a beautiful job of applying her facial 'make up'? Yes, I always hope to pick up some good tricks for looking better

~ Your preferred kind of doughnut, if you would eat a doughnut? You can have two kinds! I'm done with doughnuts

~ Have you ever played a video game in someone's house? NoDo you remember what it was?

1) Our Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk along the Atlantic Ocean. People are really funny!!!
2) JP's Wharf along the Delaware Bay where I enjoy a fresh seafood dinner on the dock, while the fishing boats unload their catches, daily, between 5-6 p.m.

~ Anything that you think is something truly astounding: This economy...(not in a good way)

~ Acronyms that you find to be annoying: There are too many for me to mention

~ Seeds that you appreciate/enjoy: Chia seeds in fruit bowls

~ Scary things (to you, anyway): Hurricanes

~ Do you recall any illnesses that you had when you were young? Yes, measles

~ What kind of water do you drink, usually? Bottled, no additives

~ Stuffed X-Large Shrimp

~ Too Early For dinner

~ What sort of pretzels would you like and with how much salt? Extra small pretzels and whipped cream cheese dip

~ Are there any forums that you notice are not on City-Data? No and I'm not interested in any others. I enjoyed my State Forum very much, but it was killed, and there's not much interest there anymore. What are they:

~ Do you think you would do an okay job if you needed to fill in for a missing breakfast cook at a small diner? I think I would do o.k., if we weren't too busy.

I wouldn't want to live in any State that has sales tax, and high real estate tax. I'm spoiled living in Delaware.

~ Do you ever hear the sound of a train from inside your home? Especially in cool weather, when sound carries far.) I live in a small town 3 blocks from the railroad tracks that run through out town. The 3 a.m. sound of the freight train coming through is comforting to me.

Most baked goods, such a pies, doughnuts, and cookies
Thanks, RR! Hope you are well!

Last edited by rdlr; 02-02-2024 at 06:14 AM..

Old 02-02-2024, 06:19 AM

1,364 posts, read 611,485 times
Well hello again to you all that arrive here on Fryday, which is just my way of writing Fryday for this weekly event did you know...and for the record, I dislike that televised crap that people have made traditional Groundhog Day in modern times. Poor groundhog. I think the one groundhog that they used to feature (they call Punxatawny Phil) died from the abuse of humans so they just replaced him with a different one. I hope that groundhog bites the guy's face and hands so viciously that he gets scarred for life. So there! (Not done with my coffee yet!)

### Good morning Mr roosty and his BFF Buttercup

### My last living elderly aunt who lives in a communist country, regrettably it’s not safe for me to go now.

### Before COVID our geezer friends had theme parties, nowadays not as much but there’s a 1960’s party being given next month. I rather stay home but wife wants to go.

### :OK:

### Paczki with Easter coming up I’m seeing them in supermarkets now. Also Krispy Kreme lemon custard donuts

###

### Anyplace we can people watch and make up little stories about people we see.

### Angkor Watt comes to mind

### I would say most of them.

### Pepitas, they go in my cereal every AM

### Goose barnacles

### Mumps, chicken pox

### Purified water from Costco, sometimes Aldi.

~ Stuffed ___peppers______.

~ __Soup for_ dinner

### The pretzels from Bread Alone upstate bakery where we stop by on our way back downstate and buy a few. They have the right amount of salt. Better than any German pretzel I’ve had there.

They have several locations: https://www.breadalone.com

###

### If the customers only eat omelettes, sure.

### FL, heat, humidity, man eating creatures, and bugs.

### Sometimes

###My hair should be stored under a hat on humid days, if not it makes me look like Albert Einstein on his worst hair day, if that’s even possible.

**** Please be kind to animals of all kinds throughout your life! Have a heart for all. Thank you very, very much for taking the time to coming to visit my Fryday thing! I always love to read your answers! *smiles and best wishes****

###THX for the Q’s Mr Roosty, best to the kitty.

Cats having fun: https://www.reddit.com/r/cats/commen..._for_a_minute/

Old 02-02-2024, 06:54 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,431,722 times

No one that I don't see regularly already.

Nothing comes to mind other than holiday stuff.

I have.

Shipley's chocolate filled glazed and regular glazed.

Many growing up.

Theme parks.

The things happening in my country and around the world.

They're only annoying when I don't know what they mean.

Sunflower. I love pumpkin if they're freshly scooped from the pumpkin, personally seasoned and toasted. Pre-packaged pumpkin seeds are a whole different texture and overly salted. I like shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas) in my smoothies sometimes. Poppy and sesame are good on breads.

I manage to find something scary about everything.

Nothing serious.

Bottled water full of microplastics.

~ Stuffed jalapenos.

~ Chicken McNugget dinner

Rold Gold brand or a nice warm soft pretzel. Not too salty. I also love Snyder's buffalo pretzel pieces.

I think this place is one of the few active forums/message boards left.

No. I'd be gagging at the smell of the eggs, sausage and bacon cooking.

Any with frigid lengthy winters, but even then I might be curious to see what it's actually like.

I have before and I can't figure it out because I don't think there is a train track close enough to hear a train from.

My hair.

Old 02-02-2024, 06:59 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,000,279 times
Good morning. It's a rainy morning here. Refreshing.

Yes.
I'm thinking, I'm thinking...yes, only one. Convocation. It's a big event, like a week-long conference for yogis. They come from over 40-45 countries here in downtown LA. It is an annual event.
~ Have you ever taken notice of a lady that has done a beautiful job of applying her facial 'make up'?
Yes.

The 5 min make up. It's called this in France. I use it too. I've always used it only that these days it takes me 7 min. The extra 2 min are for removing the 'excess' minimal make up, ha ha. It's always done for enhancing/improving the face without being noticeable. That's the idea, you use make-up discreetly.

No doughnuts for me, thanks.
One time, sort of. I played something with a child, he was obsessed about it, something with cars. Formula one or so. I got bored after 2 min.
Craft shows, art museums or other types of museums, botanical gardens, live music concerts (small venue, more like jazz, elevator music, no screaming or crowds of people).
Jean Cocteau Quote: “Stupidity is always astounding, no matter how often one encounters it."
Too many to mention.
Pumpkin, sun flower, sesame etc.
The way people vote, over and over and over again. The fact that most of the politicians today are sociopaths. The fact that so many "experts" today are full of credentials but with midget brains. The way parents ignore their children etc.
Yes.
100% mountain spring water in big containers from the store.
~ Stuffed ___animals_______.

~ ___Light_______ dinner

Crunchy, less salt.
Crafts.
I might but I can't physically.
New York for instance. Or where it is too cold, or too humid etc.
Not here but I did in the past.
People with heart conditions.

Thanks.

Old 02-02-2024, 07:34 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Good morning, rainroosty, and thank you! And I agree with your animal "rant."

~ Is there someone that you would really like to spend some time with, perhaps a long time with, that you just can't for some reason? My grandmother, my dad, and my precious husband.

~ Any 'annual events' that you usually do: I usually go over to someone's house to watch the Super Bowl. Going again this year. I also celebrate the entire month of my birthday! Oh and Mardi Gras (going on now) - I usually order a king cake from a New Orleans area bakery (did so this year). And Christmas and Thanksgiving of course, and Easter.

~ Have you ever took notice of a lady that has done a beautiful job of applying her facial 'make up'? Even though I used to work for Chanel, no, not really.

~ Your preferred kind of doughnut, if you would eat a doughnut? I rarely eat doughnuts but I like the baked ones and the plain glazed ones. You can have two kinds! Thank you!

~ Have you ever played a video game in someone's house? Not that I recall. Do you remember what it was? N/A

~ Any places that you have been to for 'amusement': Various zoos, carnivals, fairs, etc. I have also gone to Six Flags many times (in several states). Disney Land but not Disney World. I also go on vacation every year SOMEPLACE interesting. For instance, this year I am going to Seoul, Korea. Last year I went again to DC. OH, I went to stand on the corner in Winslow, Arizona, such a fine sight to see, a few years ago. And on that trip I saw the Grand Canyon again. (hadn't seen it since I was little).

~ Anything that you think is something truly astounding: I believe that God loves you and me.

( Why can't people just spell it out?) smh

~ Seeds that you appreciate/enjoy: I love planting blue bonnets! Oh, and morning glories.

~ Scary things (to you, anyway): Pull down attic stairs. Lighting gas logs or whatever. Gas burners on a stove.

~ Do you recall any illnesses that you had when you were young? I remember that I had chicken pox on Christmas Day! (So did my brother.) We were only allowed to ride our new bikes in the driveway.

~ What kind of water do you drink, usually? Aquafina or Smart Water. Or just plain tap water out of my bathroom, which is always really cold and good.

~ Stuffed ____animals______.

~ ____Italian______ dinner

~ What sort of pretzels would you like and with how much salt? I really try to stay away from gluten so no pretzels for me. Not a fan anyway. Medium salt I guess. Like, if I was forced to eat them.

~ Are there any forums that you notice are not on City-Data? Not that I can think of. What are they: N/A

~ Do you think you would do an okay job if you needed to fill in for a missing breakfast cook at a small diner? LOL not really - I am not only not a great cook, I don't even enjoy cooking.

~ Can you list any states that you would not want to live in, for any reason? I wouldn't want to live in states that were largely of a different political party.

~ Do you ever hear the sound of a train from inside your home? Especially in cool weather, when sound carries far.) Yes, I often hear one, about two or three miles away. I love it!

~ Bonus question...remember those? Things that should be stored away from high humidity: Pianos and probably some other musical instruments.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 02-02-2024 at 08:29 AM..

Old 02-02-2024, 08:19 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
~ Is there someone that you would really like to spend some time with, perhaps a long time with, that you just can't for some reason? Yes, but they are people that wouldn't be interested in meeting me, such as Ozzy Osborne, Kevin Hart, and James May.

~ Any 'annual events' that you usually do: Early Bird Classic Car Swap meet (next weekend)

~ Have you ever took notice of a lady that has done a beautiful job of applying her facial 'make up'? No

~ Your preferred kind of doughnut, if you would eat a doughnut? You can have two kinds! Maple Bar, chocolate old fashioned

~ Have you ever played a video game in someone's house? Do you remember what it was? No

~ Any places that you have been to for 'amusement': Great America, Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm.

~ Anything that you think is something truly astounding: The amount of intelligence that can be on a tiny computer chip today is astounding.

~ Acronyms that you find to be annoying: ASAP (is kind of long to spell out)

~ Seeds that you appreciate/enjoy: Sunflower, Pumpkin, Sesame.

~ Scary things (to you, anyway): Heights on a wobbly ladder, the Dentist.

~ Do you recall any illnesses that you had when you were young? Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox.

~ What kind of water do you drink, usually? Tap water with ice and filtered by the refrigerator, with flavor drops added.

~ Stuffed __Bell Peppers________.

~ ___Date Night_______ dinner

~ What sort of pretzels would you like and with how much salt? Hot, soft

~ Are there any forums that you notice are not on City-Data? What are they: Classic Cars, Bonsai, Utilities

~ Do you think you would do an okay job if you needed to fill in for a missing breakfast cook at a small diner? Yes, I do all the cooking at home and cooked in a restaurant age 16-19.

~ Can you list any states that you would not want to live in, for any reason? Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, New York. Not enough mountains and woods, or too many people.

~ Do you ever hear the sound of a train from inside your home? Especially in cool weather, when sound carries far.) No, the nearest train to us is about 22 miles away.

~ Bonus question...remember those? Things that should be stored away from high humidity: Furniture
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics