Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2024, 06:09 AM

126,279 posts, read 19,053,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
Hello, everyone! Thanks again to farm108 for filling in the last few weeks as I took a break from the Tuesday Q's. If anyone has an interest in taking this slot over permanently, please let me know via DM. Business aside, let's get down to brass tacks with

TODAY'S RANDOM QUESTIONS!

Have you been to Alaska or Hawai'i?..........Not yet

How many U.S. states have you been in?...........A few

What is the greatest number of states you have traveled through in one day?........N/A

Your favorite place to buy tacos:........N/A

Do you ever use hot sauce?........No

I have two family members who were born on February 29. Do you know anyone who's a Leap Year Day baby?..........No

Approximately how many feet from your home is your closest neighbor's home?.............A big field separates us

When did you last change out your furnace or AC air filter?........ Recently

When and where did you last use a broom?......... Yesterday in the kitchen

Are you a neatnik, a little messy or a pack rat?....... Organized

Whether or not you own a clothes washer, do you ever take items to a Laundromat to clean?........Never did

That's it for today's random questions! Thanks for playing. And remember to commit an act of kindness today. The world needs your love.

Edited to add: I just noticed that LauraC needs someone to take over the Monday questions as well. I hope a couple of people will step up and help us out. Some of us have been preparing weekly questions for many years and we need a break!

Thank you Pam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2024, 06:45 AM

7,368 posts, read 5,483,693 times

Have you been to Alaska or Hawai'i? I lived in Hawaii for two years and went back to visit once.

How many U.S. states have you been in? Ten

What is the greatest number of states you have traveled through in one day? 4 or 5

Your favorite place to buy tacos: local place

Do you ever use hot sauce? No

I have two family members who were born on February 29. Do you know anyone who's a Leap Year Day baby? No

Approximately how many feet from your home is your closest neighbor's home? Not sure but it’s close

When did you last change out your furnace or AC air filter? I don’t know, husband does that.

When and where did you last use a broom? Two days ago in the kitchen

Are you a neatnik, a little messy or a pack rat? Neatnik

Whether or not you own a clothes washer, do you ever take items to a Laundromat to clean? No

That's it for today's random questions! Thanks for playing. And remember to commit an act of kindness today. The world needs your love. [/b]

Thank you!

Old 02-06-2024, 07:01 AM

1,370 posts, read 614,135 times

Have you been to Alaska or Hawai'i?

###

How many U.S. states have you been in?

### 30

What is the greatest number of states you have traveled through in one day?

###

Your favorite place to buy tacos:

### Don’t have one, rarely eat them

Do you ever use hot sauce?

### Not too often. Agita

I have two family members who were born on February 29. Do you know anyone who's a Leap Year Day baby?

### Not that I know of

Approximately how many feet from your home is your closest neighbor's home?

###

When did you last change out your furnace or AC air filter?

### Furnace before the Holidays, AC yearly in May

When and where did you last use a broom?

### About 2 weeks ago

Are you a neatnik, a little messy or a pack rat?

### Me: neatnik. Mrs: pack rat

Whether or not you own a clothes washer, do you ever take items to a Laundromat to clean?

### No

That's it for today's random questions! Thanks for playing. And remember to commit an act of kindness today. The world needs your love.

### THX for the Q’s PJ.

### Good Thurs all

Old 02-06-2024, 07:03 AM

9,724 posts, read 14,266,863 times

Have you been to Alaska or Hawai'i? No

How many U.S. states have you been in? I think about 15, or so. We traveled the East Coast from Rhode Island down to Florida, and West to Las Vegas.

What is the greatest number of states you have traveled through in one day? 4

Your favorite place to buy tacos: I make my own, but haven't recently

Do you ever use hot sauce? Yes, sparingly

I have two family members who were born on February 29. Do you know anyone who's a Leap Year Day baby? No

Approximately how many feet from your home is your closest neighbor's home? About 75 feet....too close to the crazies

When did you last change out your furnace or AC air filter? My furnace man comes every September, cleans the furnace, the chimney, and replaces the air filter.

When and where did you last use a broom? Yesterday I swept the floor on my covered front porch.

Are you a neatnik, a little messy or a pack rat? I'm a neatnik, for the most part. My office is a different story My profession involves a lot of paper files that I must keep for 5 years (license requirements)

Whether or not you own a clothes washer, do you ever take items to a Laundromat to clean? No

Thanks for your dedication, Pam! Wish I could help, but my 60+ hours/week in my business won't allow it.

Old 02-06-2024, 07:24 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

No

How many U.S. states have you been in? 33 or 34. (edit: Just looked at a map - 33)

What is the greatest number of states you have traveled through in one day? 5 but I wasn't the driver.

Your favorite place to buy tacos: Rarely buy but Taco Bell at a drive through - soft tacos. Inside a Mexican restaurant, I prefer enchiladas or fajitas.

Do you ever use hot sauce? No

Approximately how many feet from your home is your closest neighbor's home? We share a wall.

When did you last change out your furnace or AC air filter? On February 1st, Maintenance came in to change the air filter and do something else to the heat pump but I'm not sure what. They also checked alarms, smoke detectors fire extinguisher and something to do with water pressure and electric.

When and where did you last use a broom? Years ago.

Are you a neatnik, a little messy or a pack rat? Of the 3, I'll go with messy.

Whether or not you own a clothes washer, do you ever take items to a Laundromat to clean? The last time I went to a laundromat was in Michigan's upper peninsula in the Fall of 2012 while on a road trip flitting from one town to another. All of the hotels I stay in now have guest laundries that I occasionally use because then I only have to pack half the amount of clothes.

Old 02-06-2024, 07:29 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times

Have you been to Alaska or Hawai'i? Just Hawaii, Maui and Oahu.

How many U.S. states have you been in? 44

What is the greatest number of states you have traveled through in one day? Tennessee to New Mexico, so that would be 5, in about 15 hours.

Your favorite place to buy tacos: Tres Hermanos, Kirkland WA

Do you ever use hot sauce? Very rarely

Approximately how many feet from your home is your closest neighbor's home? 50'

When did you last change out your furnace or AC air filter? It's washable so never, but I washed in in September.

When and where did you last use a broom? On the driveway Sunday.

Are you a neatnik, a little messy or a pack rat? Pack Rat

Whether or not you own a clothes washer, do you ever take items to a Laundromat to clean? No, in fact there are none in our city. When the washer or dryer dies I have to fix it right away.

Old 02-06-2024, 09:49 AM

24,471 posts, read 26,008,272 times
Hawaii

26 and 1 Territory.

Mexicali, MX.

Definetly

I have two family members who were born on February 29. Do you know anyone who's a Leap Year Day baby?
A co worker.

30 ft.

Our is washable and it was don last Dec.

Last month in the garage.

Right now a comfortable messy packrat.

Whether or not you own a clothes washer, do you ever take items to a Laundromat to clean?
Yes, Comforts bed spreads and

Thanks Pam, Great Q's.

Old 02-06-2024, 11:06 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,682,055 times
Have you been to Alaska or Hawai'i? Neither

How many U.S. states have you been in? 18. Need to see more.

What is the greatest number of states you have traveled through in one day? 5, speeding high to beat a major storm on its way.

Your favorite place to buy tacos: I don't like to buy them in restaurants - they're usually too greasy or lack that 'spicy' test. Taco Bell's is more my liking.

Do you ever use hot sauce? Sometimes.

I have two family members who were born on February 29. Do you know anyone who's a Leap Year Day baby? Do not. I'm the only one in my family NOT born in February, but not the 29th.

Approximately how many feet from your home is your closest neighbor's home? 20'. In our culdesac, there is good space between the homes.

When did you last change out your furnace or AC air filter? Last year.

When and where did you last use a broom? About four days ago.

Are you a neatnik, a little messy or a pack rat? A little messy, and a pack rat - but my husband's the hoarder. We're trying to fix that right now.

Whether or not you own a clothes washer, do you ever take items to a Laundromat to clean? Not unless we have to. Prefer to launder blankets at one.

Old 02-06-2024, 12:07 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Hello, everyone! Thanks again to farm108 for filling in the last few weeks as I took a break from the Tuesday Q's. If anyone has an interest in taking this slot over permanently, please let me know via DM. Business aside, let's get down to brass tacks with Thanks for the questions. You are irreplaceable. Maybe cut the numbers, as some others have done.

Have you been to Alaska or Hawai'i? No.

How many U.S. states have you been in? All six New England states (6), all three Middle Atlantic states (3), OH (passing through twice), MI, IN (passing through twice), IL (about five or six passthroughs) IA (passed through), SD, WY, MT, ID, WA, OR, CA, NV, AZ, UT, CO, KS (passthrough), MO (a few passthroughs), TX (for law firm interviews and a few passthroughs), LA, MS (for law firm interviews), GA (for law firm interviews), FL, TN (for law school visit), NC, VA, DE, MD. That makes 37, + DC, Commonwealth of PR, U.S. Virgin Islands and three Canadian provinces. I think that does it. The passthroughs were (mostly) on a 1973 teen tour, and a few airplane stopovers.

What is the greatest number of states you have traveled through in one day? 6

Your favorite place to buy tacos: A taquiera in Port Chester that I can't remember the name

Do you ever use hot sauce? All the time

Approximately how many feet from your home is your closest neighbor's home? Adjacent townhouses

When did you last change out your furnace or AC air filter? August 2023 oil, more recently AC.

When and where did you last use a broom? In garage a few days ago, dropped coffee.

Are you a neatnik, a little messy or a pack rat? A little messy.

Whether or not you own a clothes washer, do you ever take items to a Laundromat to clean? My wife, sometimes big items such quilts.

Old 02-06-2024, 07:52 PM

3,125 posts, read 1,011,740 times
Good evening.

No.
Less than five.
Two...I think.
No tacos for me. No gluten, no wheat etc...
Not anymore.
No.
About 20 meters or so.
I'm renting here, I have no clue about these things.
Not long ago in the kitchen.
A neatnik. And my husband is the exact opposite.
Never!

Thanks Pam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics