Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2024, 10:40 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,066,476 times

Advertisements

Hello, everyone! Thanks again to farm108 for filling in the last few weeks as I took a break from the Tuesday Q's. If anyone has an interest in taking this slot over permanently, please let me know via DM. Business aside, let's get down to brass tacks with

TODAY'S RANDOM QUESTIONS!

Have you been to Alaska or Hawai'i?

How many U.S. states have you been in?

What is the greatest number of states you have traveled through in one day?

Your favorite place to buy tacos:

Do you ever use hot sauce?

I have two family members who were born on February 29. Do you know anyone who's a Leap Year Day baby?

Approximately how many feet from your home is your closest neighbor's home?

When did you last change out your furnace or AC air filter?

When and where did you last use a broom?

Are you a neatnik, a little messy or a pack rat?

Whether or not you own a clothes washer, do you ever take items to a Laundromat to clean?

That's it for today's random questions! Thanks for playing. And remember to commit an act of kindness today. The world needs your love.

Edited to add: I just noticed that LauraC needs someone to take over the Monday questions as well. I hope a couple of people will step up and help us out. Some of us have been preparing weekly questions for many years and we need a break!
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-05-2024 at 11:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2024, 10:51 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times

Have you been to Alaska or Hawai'i? No.

How many U.S. states have you been in? All but 11. Never been to Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, North and South Dakota, Oregon, Washington.

What is the greatest number of states you have traveled through in one day? I have never counted. Guess 5.

Your favorite place to buy tacos: Taco Bell.

Do you ever use hot sauce? No.

I have two family members who were born on February 29. Do you know anyone who's a Leap Year Day baby? No.

Approximately how many feet from your home is your closest neighbor's home? Across the street. Never measured it.

When did you last change out you furnace or AC's air filter? Husband does this.

When and where did you last use a broom? Hall bathroom.

Are you a neatnik, a little messy or a pack rat? All at different times.

Whether or not you own a clothes washer, do you ever take items to a Laundromat to clean? Quilts and comforters. I have a comforter and drapes that have to be dry cleaned.

Last edited by NCN; 02-05-2024 at 11:54 PM..

Old 02-05-2024, 11:39 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times

Have you been to Alaska or Hawai'i? Alaska twice, Hawaii 6 times.

How many U.S. states have you been in? 46

What is the greatest number of states you have traveled through in one day? 6

Your favorite place to buy tacos: Taco Bell.

Do you ever use hot sauce? Not anymore.

I have two family members who were born on February 29. Do you know anyone who's a Leap Year Day baby? No.

Approximately how many feet from your home is your closest neighbor's home? 30 feet.

When did you last change out your furnace or AC air filter? Last week.

When and where did you last use a broom? Last week in the garage.

Are you a neatnik, a little messy or a pack rat? Me neat, she pack rat.

Whether or not you own a clothes washer, do you ever take items to a Laundromat to clean? No.

That's it for today's random questions! Thanks for playing. And remember to commit an act of kindness today. The world needs your love. ms pam

Old 02-06-2024, 12:06 AM

6,868 posts, read 4,866,838 times
I've been to Hawaii but not Alaska - yet. I've been in at least 16 states and Puerto Rico. I think I have been in 5 states in one day. Hatd to remember.

I usually make my own tacos. No current favorite place to buy them. I don't go to chain restaurants for them. I like salsa.

My closest neighbor is about a quarter mile away. Can't see any houses because of trees and I like it that way.

Swept around the wood stove yesterday. I strive for neat and clean. Am currently failing. There are tax papers on the dining table.

I haven't been to a laundry mat except when a washer or dryer died.

Old 02-06-2024, 12:48 AM

61,727 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Hello, everyone! Thanks again to farm108 for filling in the last few weeks as I took a break from the Tuesday Q's. If anyone has an interest in taking this slot over permanently, please let me know via DM. Business aside, let's get down to brass tacks with

Not yet. Alaska is on my list

Not sure. Maybe 30?

Traveled... like driving a car? Maybe 3.

Some of Mexican supermarkets here have little restaurants inside, and sell great tacos. Those are my favorite, because seem very authentic.

Oh, yes!!! I love spicy food!!

I have two family members who were born on February 29. Do you know anyone who's a Leap Year Day baby?

I am not aware of that.

We are pretty spread out here, but still living in the city limits. I don't know the exact distance, but I cannot see their houses from my yard. It's a wooden area too.

Me? Last year in May. My son changed it last in December.

Today. Swept my garage.

Homey messy, but more like neatnik. My house is not crowded with stuff.

Whether or not you own a clothes washer, do you ever take items to a Laundromat to clean?

When I came to this country and saw what people wash in public laundromats, I decided that I rather wash everything by hand than ever use public washer.

That's it for today's random questions! Thanks for playing. And remember to commit an act of kindness today. The world needs your love.

Great questions, Pam!! Thank you

Edited to add: I just noticed that LauraC needs someone to take over the Monday questions as well. I hope a couple of people will step up and help us out. Some of us have been preparing weekly questions for many years and we need a break!

I am aware that some of you are doing it for years, and while I enjoy QOTD very much, I also admire your creativity!!

Last edited by elnina; 02-06-2024 at 01:14 AM..

Old 02-06-2024, 01:00 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,092 times

%%%% Alaska was my home for 41 years

Old 02-06-2024, 02:30 AM

12,284 posts, read 2,969,609 times

no

about two dozen or so

?

Taco Bueno

No, but I enjoy salsa that isn't hot.

No.

?

hubby does that.

Last night in the kitchen.

What NCN said.

no.

Old 02-06-2024, 03:07 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

Neither one, but one of my best friends in High School moved to Alaska (She later married a Doctor and moved to Hawaii! Talk about a climate change!) and I have a cousin who lives in Hawaii.
Not for sure 2 or 3 dozen I guess...maybe more.
Traveling from Kentucky once, we made it all the way to Texas before getting a hotel room.
Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas I think it was.....it was a long time ago.

Just home. I buy the ingredient from the Market and bring them home and make them myself.
They are delicious and healthy...I use grilled chicken breast strips in place of ground beef.
With fresh, and organic produce. I use zero net carb wraps in place of soft taco shells.

No. But we have some, because my husband likes it.
He also likes this hot Italian relish (Giardiniera) and also Hot peppers.

No.

A few weeks ago.
Yesterday.
Sometimes a neatnik but sometimes a little messy.
No, except for once when the washing machine broke down. The last one that broke down i went online and Lowe's delivered me a new one the next morning....so haven't been in a very very long time.

U2!

Thanks for the questions!

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 02-06-2024 at 03:18 AM..

Old 02-06-2024, 03:32 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,286,148 times

Have you been to Alaska or Hawai'i? - Haven't

How many U.S. states have you been in? - 21, mostly driving the entire east coast except Maine and Rhode Island.

What is the greatest number of states you have traveled through in one day? 9

Your favorite place to buy tacos: - It's been a long time. There is not a location near where I live but near my job is doable - California Tortilla. But I usually order a burrito. I have had their soft tacos before and do like.

A car drove through their business and I was informed the last time I was there which was about a month ago that it would be about 2 months before their dining room opened back up. I have to eat it there because it's an hour drive to my home. It was a mess inside, they were barely functioning...

Do you ever use hot sauce? - Never.

I have two family members who were born on February 29. Do you know anyone who's a Leap Year Day baby? - I do not know anyone. A friend of mine's daughter just missed as she was born on March 1 of a leap year.

Approximately how many feet from your home is your closest neighbor's home? - Only a couple of feet. She was / is a major disappointment and has been a crappy neighbor overall despite me being very good to her.

When did you last change out your furnace or AC air filter? - Landlord replaced about 1.5 years ago.

When and where did you last use a broom? - Tile here. Seem to average once per month. It's only me here...

Are you a neatnik, a little messy or a pack rat? - More organized at work, always have been...

Whether or not you own a clothes washer, do you ever take items to a Laundromat to clean? - I have to take to a laundromat. It's a nightmare...

That's it for today's random questions! Thanks for playing. And remember to commit an act of kindness today. The world needs your love. - Thanks, Pam! Great questions and I will be sorry to see you leave but I get it....

Old 02-06-2024, 03:57 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times

Have you been to Alaska or Hawai'i? Alaska

How many U.S. states have you been in? I haven’t counted, but quite a few.

What is the greatest number of states you have traveled through in one day? Probably 4 or 5

Your favorite place to buy tacos: There are a few hole in the wall taco places here that serve fresh authentic Mexican tacos.

Do you ever use hot sauce? Yes.

I have two family members who were born on February 29. Do you know anyone who's a Leap Year Day baby? No

Approximately how many feet from your home is your closest neighbor's home? I’m bad at judging distances, but maybe 30’.

When did you last change out your furnace or AC air filter? I think it was December.

When and where did you last use a broom? Garage a few weeks ago.

Are you a neatnik, a little messy or a pack rat? I’d say a little messy. My main living area is tidy, but my bedroom is a bit messy, and the table next to my chair gets kind of messy.

Whether or not you own a clothes washer, do you ever take items to a Laundromat to clean? No

I know, it’s hard. Thanks for doing it for so long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics