Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2024, 08:22 AM

6,960 posts, read 4,967,250 times

Advertisements

Oh, no....no Saturday questions. I will jump in.

For those of you with siblings....did you get along as children? Do you get along now?

If you are an only child.... would you like to have siblings?

As a child did you sleep with a light on? Did you worry about spooky things under the bed or in the closet?

Did you go to sleepovers with friends?

Do you remember your first adult purchase? (Mine was a vacuum)

Do you believe aliens come to earth and abduct people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2024, 08:35 AM

126,391 posts, read 19,151,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post

For those of you with siblings....did you get along as children? Do you get along now? .........I did not have any siblings,but plenty of cousins I grew up with and we always got along well

If you are an only child.... would you like to have siblings? .........It would have been nice, but because I had so many cousins surrounding me while growing up I felt I had a lot of brothers and sisters

As a child did you sleep with a light on? Did you worry about spooky things under the bed or in the closet? ......Lights were always shut off.Sure a moving curtain in front of my open bedroom window made me think a little ghost is moving behind the curtain.Next to my bed was always one of our dogs,so I always felt no need to look under the bed

Did you go to sleepovers with friends?....... Yes I did and we had a blast

Do you remember your first adult purchase? (Mine was a vacuum).......From my first. paycheck I bought a JVC compact stereo radio cassette recorder and I still have it

Do you believe aliens come to earth and abduct people?..........There are some people claim they saw an UFO

Thank you E-Twist

Old 03-02-2024, 08:57 AM

30,708 posts, read 16,352,003 times
Quote:

For those of you with siblings....did you get along as children? Do you get along now?

pretty much just co-existed. Didn't get along at all as adults.

I would have liked to have been an only child.

As a child did you sleep with a light on? Did you worry about spooky things under the bed or in the closet?
There was a short period I was afraid of the dark but nothing specific in the dark. I got over it.

no

a car I think. Been a while

can't imagine they'd want to but if they do I could provide them with a list of people to take.

thanks, E-Twist

Old 03-02-2024, 09:35 AM

9,752 posts, read 14,324,716 times
Thanks E-Twist

For those of you with siblings....did you get along as children? One Sister, and No Do you get along now? She's deceased. She's deceased. We never got along and we were complete opposites, had different interests, different personalities, and never looked alike. WHAT??? ???

If you are an only child.... would you like to have siblings? N/A

As a child did you sleep with a light on? Yes Did you worry about spooky things under the bed or in the closet? Yes, or dead people walking!

Did you go to sleepovers with friends? No. My childhood was filled with work, work, and work...after school and on weekends, because my parents always had Mom/Pop stores. I never thought I missed anything, and I have my parents to thank for teaching me good work ethic. Because of that, I've built my own successful business. To this day, when "the old high school girls" get together to gossip, I have nothing in common with them. So, when/if they call ...."sorry, I can't make it". ....TMI and End of Rant!

Do you remember your first adult purchase? (Mine was a vacuum) A glass top coffee table, for our wedding present to each other. After 65 years, it's in my living room and in perfect condition.

Do you believe aliens come to earth and abduct people? No

Good job on these questions!

Last edited by rdlr; 03-02-2024 at 09:55 AM..

Old 03-02-2024, 09:36 AM

12,851 posts, read 878,575 times
Thanks for this, E-Twist.

For those of you with siblings....did you get along as children?
For the most part. Do you get along now? No, we haven't spoken in decades.

I have always loved sleeping in pitch-dark with no worries of spooky things.

Do you remember your first adult purchase? An airline ticket.

Do you believe aliens come to earth and abduct people? Maybe with a secret mission like Harry Vanderspeigel in the fun TV show, Resident Alien.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8690918/

Last edited by rainydayparis; 03-02-2024 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: link

Old 03-02-2024, 09:37 AM

24,569 posts, read 26,127,399 times

We gotalong then and now.

No to both.

No

A refridgerator.

Why would they want to do that?

Thanx E-Twist.

Old 03-02-2024, 09:39 AM

44,410 posts, read 20,150,023 times
Oh, no....no Saturday questions. I will jump in. Thanks for filling in, E-T!

For those of you with siblings....did you get along as children? Do you get along now? My sister is 3.5 years older than I, and my brother is 5.5 years older than I. I got along fine with my brother, probably because he was so much older, and we pretty much had separate lives. I don't recall ever arguing with him. My sister and I have always been very close, although when we were growing up, we bickered a lot about insignificant things. We were always quick to say, "I'm sorry" and to forgive one another. We never stayed angry for long. We had separate groups of friends, but we also played well together.

As a child did you sleep with a light on? No. Did you worry about spooky things under the bed or in the closet? Not at home, but when I stayed someplace else, I was a little scared.

Did you go to sleepovers with friends? Yeppers; throughout my grade school days and maybe during junior high school.

Do you remember your first adult purchase? (Mine was a vacuum) I don't recall my first purchase, but I remember thinking it was a big deal the first time I bought something on time, making monthly payments. It was a microwave oven.

Do you believe aliens come to earth and abduct people? I believe it's possible that alien life forms come to earth; I do not believe they harm or abduct humans.

Thanks for doing the Saturday questions, E-T!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 03-02-2024, 09:47 AM

427 posts, read 163,000 times
I have an older sister, and we had times where we enjoyed playing with each other, other times where we fought with each other. We get along now.

I sleep with the lights on now. Not because I'm scared. Other reasons. As a child I actually slept with less light. But did keep my closet open with the light on. And yes I was scared of everything as a child.

Not often.

Adult??? Do you think that I'm an adult? Oh wait, I am... With that said, I have no clue, because I have yet to really act like a full adult in my life, and thus I don't know where that line was drawn. Perhaps when I signed my first apartment least years back?

I see no evidence of that happening. There might be alien life out there, but it seems unlikely it would be close enough to interact with us. We don't know the limits of technology, I suspect they're much lower than sci-fi portrays, but IDK. Sorry to say but this isn't Star Trek. Warp drives are fantasy.

Old 03-02-2024, 10:01 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,771 posts, read 81,704,810 times
Quote:

For those of you with siblings....did you get along as children? Do you get along now? There were 9 of us and most got along just fine.same now, though the political views vary.

As a child did you sleep with a light on? Did you worry about spooky things under the bed or in the closet? No

Did you go to sleepovers with friends? No

Do you remember your first adult purchase? (Mine was a vacuum) a lawnmower, also my first credit card (Sears)

No, but I am open to the possibility.

Old 03-02-2024, 10:35 AM

3,094 posts, read 1,698,542 times

For those of you with siblings....did you get along as children? Do you get along now? My brothers were 17 and 21 when I was born. Until I was around five, I thought of them as uncles. Barely remember the younger one at home. Got along with them always.

If you are an only child.... would you like to have siblings? My upbringing was much like an only child. And I think a sibling closer to my age would have benefited.

As a child did you sleep with a light on? Did you worry about spooky things under the bed or in the closet? I worried about the 'boogeyman'.

Did you go to sleepovers with friends? Nope

Do you remember your first adult purchase? (Mine was a vacuum) Can't say that I do.

Do you believe aliens come to earth and abduct people? I'm more inclined to think that they dump their dregs here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics