Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2024, 11:09 PM

6,932 posts, read 4,942,734 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping I haven't asked any cartoon questions previously. I'm starting to lose track of what questions I've asked and I haven't even been doing these questions for very long!

What cartoon character would your friends and relatives say you were most like?

Which cartoon character would you most want to be?

What cartoon character would you want as a friend?

Have you ever owned a lava lamp?

When is the last time you were somewhere with a strobe light?

Have you ever been through a house of mirrors?

What's more fun - ferris wheel or a roller coaster?

If you have reoccurring or similar dreams, what are they about?

Are your dreams usually pleasant or nightmarish?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2024, 12:05 AM

21,602 posts, read 8,772,923 times
I'm hoping I haven't asked any cartoon questions previously. I'm starting to lose track of what questions I've asked and I haven't even been doing these questions for very long!

I'm short with a round face and Mr. Bay is tall with a long face, so I always thought we should be Rocky the Flying Squirrel and Bullwinkle the Moose.
Tweety
Bugs Bunny
No, I haven't.
It was in 2017 when I visited a museum exhibit paying tribute to the Summer of Love.
No, and after seeing the 1947 Orson Welles film "The Lady From Shanghai," I'd rather not. The climactic scene is a gunfight that takes place in a house of mirrors.
For me it would be a Ferris wheel. Roller coasters are too scary.
It's the first day of class, and I (a) don't know my class schedule or what classroom I'm supposed to be in, and/or (b) I've forgotten to bring paper and pencil with me to take notes.

I'm retired from my job but occasionally coming back as a temp. [In real life I did that for a couple of years.] I go to work one day but realize I've been away so long that everything looks different, and I no longer know my way around the building or how to do the job. I resolve to tell my boss to please not call me in anymore.

I'm walking around in public when I suddenly realize that I'm completely nude. I'm dying of embarrassment, but no one seems to notice.

I suddenly realize that I've forgotten to feed my parakeets for several days, and I feel terribly guilty. Another variation on this theme is that I'm supposed to be taking care of a baby, but I've forgotten all about it for several days, and I'm mortified.

They're usually pretty absurd (neither pleasant nor nightmarish), but I do sometimes have recurring anxiety dreams like the ones I described above.

Thanks, E-Twist!

Old 03-03-2024, 12:45 AM

44,677 posts, read 61,796,128 times
What cartoon character would your friends and relatives say you were most like? Roadrunner.

Which cartoon character would you most want to be? Tasmanian Devil.

What cartoon character would you want as a friend? Casper the Ghost.

Have you ever owned a lava lamp? No.

When is the last time you were somewhere with a strobe light? I have an emergency strobe light in the trunk of my car and haven't had to use it yet.

Have you ever been through a house of mirrors? No but have been in a house of horrors..

What's more fun - Ferris wheel or a roller coaster? Roller coasters, wheeeee hands in the air!

If you have reoccurring or similar dreams, what are they about? People chasing me trying to do me in.

Are your dreams usually pleasant or nightmarish? Horrible nightmares.

Old 03-03-2024, 02:25 AM

11,396 posts, read 9,322,580 times
I'm hoping I haven't asked any cartoon questions previously. I'm starting to lose track of what questions I've asked and I haven't even been doing these questions for very long! - I did this for 1.5 years and it was a challenge for me.

I wouldn't worry about repeat questions. Your efforts to keep this going are much appreciated!

I was never much into cartoons. I did like The Flintstones but haven't watched in decades. That was the only cartoon series I ever watched regularly.

Have you ever owned a lava lamp? - No

When is the last time you were somewhere with a strobe light? - D/K. As a young adult I had black lights and the posters to go with it.

Have you ever been through a house of mirrors? - Nope

What's more fun - ferris wheel or a roller coaster? - It's been decades for both. I never went on a big roller coaster but did like the smaller ones and probably would go on one again. That is my answer.

If you have reoccurring or similar dreams, what are they about? - No more than 3 times. The worst was me dying in a nuclear war, three vivid dreams that I remember.

Are your dreams usually pleasant or nightmarish? - I used to get various violent nightmares relating to my dysfunctional abusive childhood that I was able to cure myself of in my early 20s.

Old 03-03-2024, 03:01 AM

37,809 posts, read 41,107,845 times
I'm hoping I haven't asked any cartoon questions previously. I'm starting to lose track of what questions I've asked and I haven't even been doing these questions for very long! You aren't the only one. You could always do an Advanced Search on your screen name, a keyword like "cartoon" and limit it to the Other forum. I wouldn't bother but it's there.

What cartoon character would your friends and relatives say you were most like? Probably, Bugs Bunny.

Which cartoon character would you most want to be? I'm trying to think of one who wears pants and isn't named Elmer Fudd. Fearless Leader (from Rocky and Bullwinkle) was always a favorite even if he was just a recurring character.

What cartoon character would you want as a friend? Peabody.

Have you ever owned a lava lamp? no

When is the last time you were somewhere with a strobe light? I honestly don't remember if I ever was.

Have you ever been through a house of mirrors? no

What's more fun - ferris wheel or a roller coaster? I think of them as Barf 1 and Barf 2. I even get nauseous on the teacups so I'll go with neither. The roller coaster, which was one of the Final Destination movie disasters, is Barf 1.

If you have reoccurring or similar dreams, what are they about? Rather not say but when I was younger, I had dreams about the elevators and escalators to nowhere. They even moved sideways and I never got out of the buildings I was in. I figured those out by myself. When I was a little kid I used to always dream I could fly like superman and mighty mouse

Are your dreams usually pleasant or nightmarish? I have nightmares when I take cold medicine. I rarely take cold medicine.

Old 03-03-2024, 06:16 AM

126,367 posts, read 19,130,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post

What cartoon character would your friends and relatives say you were most like?........ Didn't watch cartoons in my childhood

Which cartoon character would you most want to be?......No idea

What cartoon character would you want as a friend?........No idea

Have you ever owned a lava lamp?.......No

When is the last time you were somewhere with a strobe light?.......No clue what that is

Have you ever been through a house of mirrors?.......No

What's more fun - ferris wheel or a roller coaster?.......Neither

If you have reoccurring or similar dreams, what are they about? ....... This and that

Are your dreams usually pleasant or nightmarish?......Usually pleasant

Thank you E-Twist

Old 03-03-2024, 06:53 AM

50,438 posts, read 64,253,963 times

What cartoon character would your friends and relatives say you were most like? Maybe Dennis the Menace’s mother? I have 3 sons and 5 grandsons….all naughty.

Have you ever owned a lava lamp? Not that I recall.

Have you ever been through a house of mirrors? I think so.

What's more fun - ferris wheel or a roller coaster? I wouldn’t go on either, but I think a roller coaster would be more fun, if your idea of fun is scaring yourself.

If you have reoccurring or similar dreams, what are they about? The ones I remember are similar, but not identical. I’m somewhere with a lot of buildings, like a mega mall, or college campus, etc. with lots of entries and exits. I can’t remember where I parked, which door I came in, and my phone is dead. Sometimes I’ve lost my purse.

Are your dreams usually pleasant or nightmarish? They aren’t either pleasant or nightmarish, just unsettling.

Old 03-03-2024, 07:10 AM

7,392 posts, read 5,507,192 times

What cartoon character would your friends and relatives say you were most like? There used to be a cartoon character named Nancy. So her.

Which cartoon character would you most want to be? Mighty Mouse so I could fly.

What cartoon character would you want as a friend? Garfield

Have you ever owned a lava lamp? No

When is the last time you were somewhere with a strobe light? Last year at a show, ABBA Voyage.

Have you ever been through a house of mirrors? Yes

What's more fun - ferris wheel or a roller coaster? Ferris wheel

If you have reoccurring or similar dreams, what are they about? I have crazy dreams, and I never remember what they are about, just that they’re crazy.

Are your dreams usually pleasant or nightmarish? Neither, Just weird.
Thank you for the Q’s!

Old 03-03-2024, 08:18 AM

44,401 posts, read 20,131,487 times
I'm hoping I haven't asked any cartoon questions previously. I'm starting to lose track of what questions I've asked and I haven't even been doing these questions for very long! I hear you, E-T. Wait till you've been doing it 10 years or so. I find it impossible to not repeat some questions!

What cartoon character would your friends and relatives say you were most like? Hmm. Perhaps Wilma Flintstone.

Which cartoon character would you most want to be? Bugs Bunny He's cool, he's witty and he's sarcastic.

What cartoon character would you want as a friend? Bugs.

Have you ever owned a lava lamp? Yes. I have one with a black base and purple lava.

When is the last time you were somewhere with a strobe light? I don't recall for sure, but probably about 5 years ago at a charity fundraiser event.

Have you ever been through a house of mirrors? Yes, when I was a kid.

What's more fun - ferris wheel or a roller coaster? Roller coaster.

If you have reoccurring or similar dreams, what are they about? No recurring dreams here. I do recall that when I was a kid I dreamed twice that I was captured by pirates and forced to work on a ship.

Are your dreams usually pleasant or nightmarish? Almost always pleasant.

Thanks very much for the fun questions, E-T!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 03-03-2024, 10:22 AM

24,545 posts, read 26,104,963 times
You're doing good.

Daffy Duck or Scrooge McDuck.

Superman

Jessica Rabbit or Red Sonja.

No

Roller Coaster for the win.

My dreams are short and all over the map.

Pleasent

Thanx E-Twist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics