Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2024, 04:10 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,172,718 times

Advertisements

~ Do you ever have to tolerate noise levels?

~ Would you allow someone else to cook in your kitchen? ALL of these questions are about family members!

~ Would you allow loud guests to come to your home if they are all coughing?

~ Wouldn't it be wrong to talk outside loudly about 'black' people when you have black people living right by where
you are seated outside?

~ Wouldn't it be wrong to have loud conversations about whom a deceased and dear family member 'had sex with' while
they were alive?

~ Would you allow loud, coughing people into your home ever?

Thanks for coming, I need these answers very much! Have a great week! Not my family, it's my wife's.

Last edited by rainroosty; 03-15-2024 at 04:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2024, 04:25 AM

11,396 posts, read 9,322,580 times
~ Do you ever have to tolerate noise levels? - Never had to deal with that. Unless a loud and abusive father counts...

~ Would you allow someone else to cook in your kitchen? - If I had one or talking about the past, very highly unlikely. But certain situations, maybe...

I didn't count a former spouse as that would be different...

~ Would you allow loud guests to come to your home if they are all coughing? - Excluding maintenance I haven't had any guests in any apartment I've lived in 15 years.

~ Wouldn't it be wrong to talk outside loudly about 'black' people when you have black people living right by where you are seated outside? - I don't and wouldn't hang with racist people.

~ Wouldn't it be wrong to have loud conversations about whom a deceased and dear family member 'had sex with' while they were alive? - I can't even imagine.

I do remember having a brief conversation with my brother that our worthless father did cheat on our mother. My mother told me that about a month before she died.

~ Would you allow loud, coughing people into your home ever? - Heck no. I'm very particular with who I associate with. Rude / inconsiderate people like that would have no room in my life...

Thanks for coming, I need these answers very much! Have a great week! - Sounds like a very depressing situation. It's your life, Roosty. You don't have to put up with this unless you want to...

Old 03-15-2024, 04:44 AM

11,396 posts, read 9,322,580 times
Quote:
Not my family, it's my wife's.
Since you added this after I answered...

I'll still stand with my closing remark that you don't have to put up with it. Family or not you help pay for your housing. Also, it's your health which is both physical and mental.

A lot of germs and rudeness that I wouldn't put up with under any circumstance.

I have very low tolerance for any hassles or conflicts which is why I'd rather be lonely. At least I have my peace of mind...

Old 03-15-2024, 05:02 AM

61,972 posts, read 87,635,027 times

Have to? No. But sometimes I can't escape noise.

~ Would you allow someone else to cook in your kitchen? ALL of these questions are about family members!

Oh, yes!! My son is a great cook. My SO cooks pretty good too.

Not really. I would ask them to stay home till they feel better.

~ Wouldn't it be wrong to talk outside loudly about 'black' people when you have black people living right by where
you are seated outside?

It wouldn't be right to talk about any people sitting close to me.

~ Wouldn't it be wrong to have loud conversations about whom a deceased and dear family member 'had sex with' while they were alive?

I don't discuss other people sex life - dead or alive.

I will tolerate family members and try to help them feel better. Other people would send home.

Thanks for coming, I need these answers very much! Have a great week! Not my family, it's my wife's.

Thank you, roosty!! I didn't know you're married

Old 03-15-2024, 05:03 AM

50,438 posts, read 64,253,963 times
~ Do you ever have to tolerate noise levels? Only in public places, where a lot of people are talking at the same time. I have a hard time hearing the person I’m with.

~ Would you allow someone else to cook in your kitchen? ALL of these questions are about family members! Sure.

~ Would you allow loud guests to come to your home if they are all coughing? Well, if they’re already there, I probably wouldn’t say anything.

~ Wouldn't it be wrong to talk outside loudly about 'black' people when you have black people living right by where you are seated outside? I would be embarrassed and tell them to shhh.

~ Wouldn't it be wrong to have loud conversations about whom a deceased and dear family member 'had sex with' while they were alive? Awkward.

~ Would you allow loud, coughing people into your home ever? Yes, but then I wouldn’t invite them back.

Thanks for coming, I need these answers very much! Have a great week! Not my family, it's my wife's. Sounds like you need to make excuses that you’re busy next time they want to come. How does wifey feel about them?

Old 03-15-2024, 05:26 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,794 posts, read 58,301,504 times
Noise- I only tolerate noise related to work, (machinery), never would work in a position that allowed radios or elevator music. I suffer from Hyperacusis, so do not attend loud worship services. But I do attend, and perform instrumental, and vocal classical music events. I treasure my hearing in spite of Tinnitus 100% of the time. (Such as now, totally quiet in the darkness of my remote cabin, but ringing ears are roaring.)

Home- our family homes have been open to any and all guests for generations.(Including the kitchens). We have international guests often. Some guests have stayed 3 yrs. No one has been obnoxious. MIL was a difficult person, but she had mental health barriers that required tolerance and explanation, rather than confrontation. She often stayed for several months and was only difficult 98.5% of the waking hours.

Talk- Murmuring, rumors, sleaze talk not allowed. Only words that edify and encourage. (Family, friend, or foe.... ). Incompetence of professionals (?)... That's a challenge to accept.. - but those are not rumors, they bring sadness to those lives they destroy. (bosses, school administrators, medical professionals, ambulance chasing attorneys...)

Old 03-15-2024, 06:32 AM

1,394 posts, read 629,695 times
Do you ever have to tolerate noise levels?

### Years ago when they were working on a runway on one of the Metro area airports some flights paths had to be changed and it was noisy.

### My wife, myself and an old family friend are allowed.

### No.

~ Wouldn't it be wrong to talk outside loudly about 'black' people when you have black people living right by where you are seated outside?

### It would be wrong, my wife and I would put a stop to it at once. I don’t care who it is, we ask people who come into our house to have respect. In our culture we tend to have only close family and very good friends come inside our home.

~ Wouldn't it be wrong to have loud conversations about whom a deceased and dear family member 'had sex with' while they were alive?

### I would find that type of conversation wholly inappropriate, would ask to stop talking about the dead’s sexual life.

### Both being elder where we seem to catch just about everything we ask they stay home and give the a rain check.

### It’s your home, your safe space and you call the shots not to put up with manure.

### Good luck, mr roosty. All the best to the furry prince.

Old 03-15-2024, 06:48 AM

126,367 posts, read 19,130,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ Do you ever have to tolerate noise levels?.......Not really

~ Would you allow someone else to cook in your kitchen? ALL of these questions are about family members!........Cooking or baking in my kitchen is sometimes a family affair, especially at holidays or few weeks visit

~ Would you allow loud guests to come to your home if they are all coughing?......No one came ever sick for a visit

~ Wouldn't it be wrong to talk outside loudly about 'black' people when you have black people living right by where you are seated outside? .......Most definitely

~ Wouldn't it be wrong to have loud conversations about whom a deceased and dear family member 'had sex with' while they were alive?.....I would try to change the conversation

~ Would you allow loud, coughing people into your home ever?........I had family members living with me dealing with colds

Thank you roosty

Old 03-15-2024, 06:55 AM

30,669 posts, read 16,324,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
only when I have to and avoid loud noises of any kind as much as possible.

sure. As long as they're cooking for me.

probably not. but not all coughs are contagious.

you are seated outside?

it would be wrong, rude and disrespectful.

~ Wouldn't it be wrong to have loud conversations about whom a deceased and dear family member 'had sex with' while
they were alive?
dead or alive, I can't imagine a reason to talk about someone's sex life.

probably not but there might be exceptions.

Thanks, roosty. hope you have a quiet coughless weekend.

Last edited by PAhippo; 03-15-2024 at 08:05 AM..

Old 03-15-2024, 07:42 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,715 posts, read 81,596,197 times
~ Do you ever have to tolerate noise levels? Only when I make the noise myself, with my many power and gas powered tools.

~ Would you allow someone else to cook in your kitchen? ALL of these questions are about family members! When hosting a big extended family dinner I will allow for some help.

~ Would you allow loud guests to come to your home if they are all coughing? No

you are seated outside? Yes

they were alive? Yes

~ Would you allow loud, coughing people into your home ever? No
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics