Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2024, 05:01 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,172 posts, read 30,486,746 times

Advertisements

Here. Have some.

Today's Question(s):
Have you or do you regularly use a shoe horn?

Do you have any 5 gallon plastic buckets, and if so, to what use have you/could you put them?

What kind of shelves do you have and in what rooms, part of a larger piece of furniture or just a shelf attached to the wall?

What are a few of the things on any of the shelves you have?

Today's Foodie Question(s):
Have you ever had really good ravioli, like homemade or at a restaurant?

What was the last food or beverage coupon you used?

What Say You:

"I am too ___________ for my _______________."

Now have a good Wednesday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2024, 05:33 PM

30,669 posts, read 16,324,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Here. Have some.

Today's Question(s):
I have but not recently.

Do you have any 5 gallon plastic buckets, and if so, to what use have you/could you put them?

sure. Mostly in summer-I use them to water stuff too far for the hose to reach. Put weeds in them as I'm weeding then toss the weeds. Carry mulch if only a little is needed and it's not worth getting out the wheelbarrow. Cats have also learned to drink from them.

What kind of shelves do you have and in what rooms, part of a larger piece of furniture or just a shelf attached to the wall?
lots of shelves. Craft room -craft supplies and books, and old financial stuff

living room-books and CDs.
bedroom-more books and more (current) financial stuff
bathroom-bathroom stuff
closet-shoes mostly
laundry room-cleaning stuff

oh and dust. don't expect me to move all that stuff to clean the shelves.

I never had a ravioli I didn't like

don't remember using any.

What Say You:

"I am too ___________ for my _______________."

thanks, bjh.

Old 03-12-2024, 06:54 PM

61,972 posts, read 87,635,027 times
Here. Have some.

Taking with a pleasure!!

Today's Question(s):

I probably have sometime in the past, but not used for a long time.

I don't think I have such bucket. Or any bucket.

Regular cabinet shelves are pretty much in every room. They are inside various cabinets. I also have open shelves in a library. Holding hundreds of books. There are also open shelves in a garage and in a shed.

Tons of books, primarily. Framed photographs, few unique crystal vessels, some stuff I brought from my travels, vinyl records, records player and speakers, stereo tower from the 90s, weather station. In the office few binders and a printer, in the kitchen and the bathrooms the usual stuff, in the garage - tools, hardware, various parts (car, plumbing, electrical, etc.) and many labeled boxes....

Didn't have any for decades.

Whatever electronic coupons apply from my shopping apps.

What Say You:

"I am too for my _______________."

I am drawing a blank at the moment.

Thank you, bjh!!!

Last edited by elnina; 03-12-2024 at 11:21 PM..

Old 03-12-2024, 08:06 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,601,079 times
Today's Question(s):
Have you or do you regularly use a shoe horn? I have

Do you have any 5 gallon plastic buckets, and if so, to what use have you/could you put them? I have my fishing tackle box sitting in one. When I go fishing I take the tackle box out, turn the bucket over, and sit on it

When my parents lived here, my dad built solid book shelves on the walls in 2 rooms
What are a few of the things on any of the shelves you have? Books

Have you ever had really good ravioli, like homemade or at a restaurant? Nope. Just canned

What was the last food or beverage coupon you used? Captain D's

What Say You:

"I am too big for my britches lol_______________."

Old 03-12-2024, 10:09 PM

6,932 posts, read 4,942,734 times
No shoe horns or five gallon buckets.
Shelves are all in closets .

My late husband used to make fabulous ravioli.
Can't remember the last time I used a coupon.

I am too practical for my own good.

Old 03-12-2024, 10:47 PM

21,602 posts, read 8,772,923 times
Here. Have some.

Today's Question(s):
Mr. Bay uses one. His feet are swollen because of his heart condition, so he has trouble getting his shoes on.
I have a couple of large Tupperware containers that might be 5 gallons. I use them for storage.
We have the usual kitchen cabinets, some built-in shoe shelves in the bedroom closet and several bookcases.
Dishes, books, shoes.
Yes, many times. Our favorite Italian restaurant makes their ravioli in house.
I can't think of any.

What Say You:

"I am too short for my upper kitchen shelves."

Thanks for filling in, bjh!

Old 03-12-2024, 10:57 PM

5,917 posts, read 3,813,920 times
Here. Have some.
Ok. What are we having?

Today's Question(s):
I don't have one but I have used one, eons ago.

No I don't, the only thing I would use it for is to turn it over and sit on it.

I have 2 open shelves in each bathroom that are built in to the cabinets. I don't really have any other shelves other than the ones inside the pantry cabinet. Oh wait, my son built a huge wood shelf that is on the wall in my spare bedroom. It's massive but whatcha gonna do? It's um, interesting.

Toiletries in the bathrooms, in the spare room I have a painted glass bowl, a hat box and a few other pretty things. It's so high up on the wall I can't reach it so I imagine I could plant taters in the dust.

Yes, Olive Garden has the best cheese ravioli, with sauce of course. I don't think I've ever had homemade ravioli, just lasagna. I used to have a killer recipe for lasagna that a friend gave me over 30 years ago but I lost it somehow.

It's been so long that I can't remember. It probably hasn't been that long lol, I just can't remember period.

What Say You:

"I am too __big________ for my _britches______________."

Thanks bjh and thanks for filling in:)

Old 03-12-2024, 11:30 PM

14,835 posts, read 8,172,646 times
Quote:
Here. Have some.

Today's Question(s):
No.
Yes, we have several, and they are super handy. Use them for so many things....filled with hot soapy water to clean various things, used to store or sort things, etc -they are good for paint also.
Just regular book shelves mostly. Some are in the pantry, closet, linen closet, utility room etc. also.
Mostly books. Other stuff in the laundry room, pantry, linen closet.
I love cheese ravioli!
I think it was from Meijers....Ten dollars off my order plus another one for free home delivery on the same order. I only use digital coupons nowadays, don't mess with the paper kind any more.
What Say You:

"I am too big for my britches."

U2
Thanks for the questions!

Old 03-13-2024, 01:28 AM

44,677 posts, read 61,796,128 times
Here. Have some. Yum those were good, thank you.

Today's Question(s):
Have you or do you regularly use a shoe horn? Used daily.

Do you have any 5 gallon plastic buckets, and if so, to what use have you/could you put them? Several, mostly for yard chores, carrying many small yard tools, carrying soil, dropping in weeds, storing potting soil, carrying water for plants, gosh so many uses. Sometimes used as a stool to sit and do chores.

What kind of shelves do you have and in what rooms, part of a larger piece of furniture or just a shelf attached to the wall? Shelves only in hutches or bedroom closets.

What are a few of the things on any of the shelves you have? China, fine glassware, souvenirs, misc stuff.

Have you ever had really good ravioli, like homemade or at a restaurant? Our favorite mom & pop Italian restaurant makes the best ravioli I've ever eaten. Sooooo good!

What was the last food or beverage coupon you used? Arby's 2 gyros for $7.00.

What Say You:

"I am too damn cranky at times for my usual nice personality."

Now have a good Wednesday! u-2

Old 03-13-2024, 04:20 AM

126,367 posts, read 19,130,734 times
Quote:
Here. Have some.

Today's Question(s):
Have you or do you regularly use a shoe horn? ...I use a shoe horn

Do you have any 5 gallon plastic buckets, and if so, to what use have you/could you put them? .......I have a few big buckets for cleaning purposes and garden work

What kind of shelves do you have and in what rooms, part of a larger piece of furniture or just a shelf attached to the wall?........I have large bookshelves in my library,also my den

What are a few of the things on any of the shelves you have? ......Besides books,little keepsakes and ornaments

Have you ever had really good ravioli, like homemade or at a restaurant? ......Yes homemade ones

What was the last food or beverage coupon you used? ......A coupon for nuts in the bulk store

What Say You:

"I am too ENERGETIC for my FAMILY."

Thank you bjh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics