Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 09:42 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,861,284 times

Advertisements

I've been eagerly awaiting today's QotD, and then remembered that Spinx isn't able to do them any more. I hope someone will volunteer to take them over (someone? anyone? Buehler? Buehler?), but while we're waiting, I offer this feeble attempt to fill some very big shoes.

Today's Question:

When you eat M&Ms™ (or Skittles™), do you eat them randomly, or do you separate them by color and eat them in a certain order?

If you eat them by color, which color do you eat first? Which do you eat last? Why?

Bonus Question:

Do you have a pet name for your spouse, significant other, child, etc.? Are you willing to share it with us?

Word of the Day:

Hypocoristic: haɪpəkəˈrɪstɪk, adjective meaning "endearing, as a pet name, diminutive, or euphemism".

Today in History:

1850 -- Daniel Webster gave a three-hour speech endorsing the Compromise of 1850.
1876 -- Alexander Graham Bell received a patent for the telephone.
1936 -- Adolf Hitler broke the Treaty of Versailles and the Locarno Pact when he ordered troops to march into the Rhineland.
1945 -- During World War II, U.S. troops crossed the bridge at Remagen, the first incursion into Germany by Allied forces.
1956 -- Dark's older brother and sister (fraternal twins) were born!
1965 -- Peaceful civil rights demonstrators marching from Selma, Ala., are brutally attacked with billy clubs and tear gas by police on the Edmund Pettus Bridge. The event is later called “Bloody Sunday.”
2004 -- V. Gene Robinson of New Hampshire was invested as the first openly gay Episcopal Church bishop.
2005 -- John R. Bolton was nominated by President Bush to be U.S. ambassador to the UN.

Happy Hump Day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 09:45 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,343,627 times
Hello!

Today's Question:

When you eat M&Ms™ (or Skittles™), do you eat them randomly, or do you separate them by color and eat them in a certain order? I just eat them.

Bonus Question:

Do you have a pet name for your spouse, significant other, child, etc.? yep.
Are you willing to share it with us? Sweetheart.

Have a wonderful day!

Old 03-07-2012, 09:48 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,063,100 times

Today's Question:

When you eat M&Ms™ (or Skittles™), do you eat them randomly, or do you separate them by color and eat them in a certain order? I eat them randomly

If you eat them by color, which color do you eat first? Which do you eat last? Why? N/A ... Maybe I might save the red candies for last but that's because I love the red ones.

Bonus Question:

Do you have a pet name for your spouse, significant other, child, etc.? Are you willing to share it with us? I don't have a spouse, significant other and no children

Old 03-07-2012, 09:53 AM

4,046 posts, read 2,917,860 times
Thanks for stepping up to the plate Dark! I miss the QOTD when it's not there to welcome me each morning. Sunny, windy and in the mid-50s today in the NV desert.

Today's Question:

When you eat M&Ms™ (or Skittles™), do you eat them randomly, or do you separate them by color and eat them in a certain order? Random selection.

Do you have a pet name for your spouse, significant other, child, etc.? Are you willing to share it with us? No spouse, but my kids are "Missy" and "Sweetie".

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Old 03-07-2012, 09:56 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,729,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
I've been eagerly awaiting today's QotD, and then remembered that Spinx isn't able to do them any more. I hope someone will volunteer to take them over (someone? anyone? Buehler? Buehler?), but while we're waiting, I offer this feeble attempt to fill some very big shoes.

Today's Question:

When you eat M&Ms™ (or Skittles™), do you eat them randomly, or do you separate them by color and eat them in a certain order? I haven't eaten them in years.

If you eat them by color, which color do you eat first? Which do you eat last? Why?

Bonus Question:

Do you have a pet name for your spouse, significant other, child, etc.? Are you willing to share it with us? Yes, hubby's pet name is Rat,daughter's pet name is Bear and son's pet name is Critter or Noonie. lol! Oh, for all who might want to know what hubby calls me.. I go by Bun-Bun.

Word of the Day:

Hypocoristic: haɪpəkəˈrɪstɪk, adjective meaning "endearing, as a pet name, diminutive, or euphemism".

Today in History:

1850 -- Daniel Webster gave a three-hour speech endorsing the Compromise of 1850.
1936 -- Adolf Hitler broke the Treaty of Versailles and the Locarno Pact when he ordered troops to march into the Rhineland.
1945 -- During World War II, U.S. troops crossed the bridge at Remagen, the first incursion into Germany by Allied forces.
1965 -- Peaceful civil rights demonstrators marching from Selma, Ala., are brutally attacked with billy clubs and tear gas by police on the Edmund Pettus Bridge. The event is later called “Bloody Sunday.”
2004 -- V. Gene Robinson of New Hampshire was invested as the first openly gay Episcopal Church bishop.
2005 -- John R. Bolton was nominated by President Bush to be U.S. ambassador to the UN.

Happy Hump Day!
Nice job, Dark of the Moon.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:59 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,063,100 times
Thanks Dark for posting questions for us. I'd volunteer but my brain is usually too fizzled to compose any questions Tuesday nights.

Ohhh ... I did not catch this ... Happy birthday to your siblings

Last edited by Chatteress; 03-07-2012 at 10:15 AM..

Old 03-07-2012, 10:01 AM

50,454 posts, read 64,308,089 times
Thanks for taking over. It's always an interesting thread.
Maybe you could get a list of volunteers to take one day?

Today's Question:

When you eat M&Ms™ (or Skittles™), do you eat them randomly, or do you separate them by color and eat them in a certain order? I don't do Skittles, but I don't sort my M&Ms.[B]
[/b]
If you eat them by color, which color do you eat first? Which do you eat last? Why? N/A

Bonus Question:

Do you have a pet name for your spouse, significant other, child, etc.? Are you willing to share it with us? Honey

Word of the Day:

Old 03-07-2012, 10:11 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,630,575 times
Thanks for subbing, Dark!

When you eat M&Ms™ (or Skittles™), do you eat them randomly, or do you separate them by color and eat them in a certain order? When I eat M&Ms I usually grab/pour a handful and then do tend to pair them off so I'll have a friendly mix of two or three at a time

If you eat them by color, which color do you eat first? Which do you eat last? Why? If there'll be an odd one or two left I'm happiest when it includes an orange one

Do you have a pet name for your spouse, significant other, child, etc.? several Are you willing to share it with us?

1956 -- Dark's older brother and sister (fraternal twins) were born! Happy Birthday to them!

Old 03-07-2012, 10:12 AM

39,030 posts, read 23,030,967 times
Today's Question:

When you eat M&Ms™ (or Skittles™), do you eat them randomly, or do you separate them by color and eat them in a certain order? Randomly

If you eat them by color, which color do you eat first? Which do you eat last? Why? N/A

Bonus Question:

Do you have a pet name for your spouse, significant other, child, etc.? Are you willing to share it with us? This question is N/A for me since I have no spouse, significant other or children.

Word of the Day:

Hypocoristic: haɪpəkəˈrɪstɪk, adjective meaning "endearing, as a pet name, diminutive, or euphemism". Great word!

Thanks very much for stepping up to the plate, Dark! Happy Hump Day to all.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:14 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,619,135 times
Mornin' all!

Today's Question:

When you eat M&Ms™ (or Skittles™), do you eat them randomly, or do you separate them by color and eat them in a certain order?
For M&Ms, randomly. Sort of. For Skittles, if I eat them at all, by color.

For M&Ms I eat all the broken ones first. Don't care what color. I have tried to find "the other half," but that usually drives me to insanity, something I don't need any help with! For Skittles, I like each flavor on its own. Don't care what I eat first, but I save the lime for last! Yummmmmm...

Bonus Question:

Do you have a pet name for your spouse, significant other, child, etc.? Are you willing to share it with us?
Not at home. Here he's usually just Hubby, although we have the same shortened form of our first names!

Word of the Day:

Today in History:

Happy Hump Day!

Have a great day everyone!
Thanx for the Qs Dark!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics