Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 08:21 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,110 posts, read 30,431,649 times

Advertisements

We've got to stop meeting this way.

Today's Question(s):
Have you or yours ever made a shadow box, ecology box or display case, [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_case ] and if so, what theme or what types of things were in it?

Do you have military ID tags, also known as dog tags, from anyone's military service, including your own?

Do you have any music boxes (wind up and play a song) and if so can you describe one?

Today's Foodie Question(s):
What do you put Cool Whip or whipped cream on or how about something with a scoop of ice cream on it?

Do you remember fruit cocktail sold in a can with the occasional cherry in it?

Happy Thursday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2024, 08:33 PM

61,836 posts, read 87,314,674 times

I love those meetings!!

Today's Question(s):

Have you or yours ever made a shadow box, ecology box or display case,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_case
and if so, what theme or what types of things were in it?

Nope. But I like them a lot!

Do you have military ID tags, also known as dog tags, from anyone's military service, including your own?

No. Not related to military in any way.
My uncle was in military, but I don't know anything about his dog tags.

Do you have any music boxes (wind up and play a song) and if so can you describe one?

No.

What do you put Cool Whip or whipped cream on

A bowl of fresh strawberries topped with whipped cream sounds great.
But my favorite is ice chocolate with vanilla ice cream, topped with whipped cream.

or how about something with a scoop of ice cream on it?

I like warm apple cake with vanilla ice cream and a bit of whipped cream.

I still see them in grocery stores.

Happy Thursday.

Happy Thursday to you too, bjh!!

Last edited by elnina; 03-13-2024 at 09:27 PM..

Old 03-13-2024, 08:41 PM

9,730 posts, read 14,282,898 times
Have you or yours ever made a shadow box, ecology box or display case, [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_case ] and if so, what theme or what types of things were in it?
No, I never did that.

No, I have no military tags

Yes, I have my mother's 1920's Face Powder Music Box. It plays a beautiful melody.

What do you put Cool Whip or whipped cream on or how about something with a scoop of ice cream on it?
I like real whipped cream on cherry pie.

Yes. I bought a couple cans of that last week. It's o.k. in a pinch. I sometimes use it in fruit salad.

Thanks again, bjh

Old 03-13-2024, 09:37 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
Today's Question(s):

Have you or yours ever made a shadow box, ecology box or display case, [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_case ] and if so, what theme or what types of things were in it? I had to look it up. Didn't know what it was. So, no.

Do you have military ID tags, also known as dog tags, from anyone's military service, including your own? No

Do you have any music boxes (wind up and play a song) and if so can you describe one? No music boxes.

What do you put Cool Whip or whipped cream on or how about something with a scoop of ice cream on it? Whipped cream on hot chocolate and ice cream. Ice cream on a split blueberry or cranberry muffin. One of these days I am going to try ice cream on a plain or buttermilk pancake. Maybe roll it around the ice cream. If it tastes good, I may add fresh blueberries.

Do you remember fruit cocktail sold in a can with the occasional cherry in it? No. The only place I had fruit cocktail was in the school cafeteria. Never had it at home that I can recall.

Happy Thursday.

Old 03-13-2024, 10:20 PM

21,562 posts, read 8,741,665 times
Attachment 249621Attachment 249621
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
No, we don't.

Today's Question(s):
I've never done that.
Mr. Bay was in the Army 1959-1962. He still has his dog tags.
Yes, I have a very old music box that belonged to my aunt. It was made in Europe. It has a marquetry design on top, a picture created using pieces of wood. It looks like a Swiss or Austrian village (see below). The music box plays two different Mozart tunes.
I use whipped cream on desserts such as pumpkin pie or pudding.
Yes, I used to like that stuff.

Thanks, bjh! You're welcome to come back anytime.
Attached Thumbnails
Today's Questions: Thursday, 14 March 2024 ~ Whipped Cream and a Cherry on Top-img_5497.jpeg  

Last edited by Bayarea4; 03-13-2024 at 10:43 PM..

Old 03-13-2024, 11:35 PM

6,883 posts, read 4,891,231 times
No shadow boxes and no music boxes here.

I have my laye husband's military tags.

Cool whip is a greasy textured chemical concoction never to cross my threshold or lips.
I will whip cream for certain desserts if I have company.

I assume they still sell fruit cocktail. I never liked it I remember it being the base for a fruit salad on holidays. A can of that with bananas and apples added and mixed with whipped cream. Gah!

Old 03-14-2024, 12:08 AM

35,124 posts, read 17,080,545 times
We've got to stop meeting this way. Yes but the questions are appreciated.

Today's Question(s):
Have you or yours ever made a shadow box, ecology box or display case, [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_case ] and if so, what theme or what types of things were in it? Don't think so

Do you have military ID tags, also known as dog tags, from anyone's military service, including your own? No, my Dad did from Korea.

Do you have any music boxes (wind up and play a song) and if so can you describe one? A stuffed animal that can be made to play a song, that's about it.

What do you put Cool Whip or whipped cream on or how about something with a scoop of ice cream on it? I don't.

Do you remember fruit cocktail sold in a can with the occasional cherry in it? I remember parfaits but not them being sold in a can.

Old 03-14-2024, 02:10 AM

44,647 posts, read 61,684,084 times
We've got to stop meeting this way. Yes and my wife's getting suspicious.

Today's Question(s):
Have you or yours ever made a shadow box, ecology box or display case, [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_case ] and if so, what theme or what types of things were in it? I have a shadow box with my military decorations/ribbons in it.

Do you have military ID tags, also known as dog tags, from anyone's military service, including your own? My own dog tags are in a locked box.

Do you have any music boxes (wind up and play a song) and if so can you describe one? Have none.

What do you put Cool Whip or whipped cream on or how about something with a scoop of ice cream on it? All 3 are used on various types of pies.

Do you remember fruit cocktail sold in a can with the occasional cherry in it? Yes just bought a can the other day at the grocers.

Happy Thursday. u-2

Old 03-14-2024, 05:07 AM

50,390 posts, read 64,083,206 times
Today's Question(s):

Have you or yours ever made a shadow box, ecology box or display case, [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_case ] and if so, what theme or what types of things were in it? I have not made one, but I bought an assemblage by a local artist, with old Fire Dept artifacts. It was a gift for my husband who was a volunteer at our fire department.

Do you have military ID tags, also known as dog tags, from anyone's military service, including your own? I don’t think so.

Do you have any music boxes (wind up and play a song) and if so can you describe one? No

What do you put Cool Whip or whipped cream on or how about something with a scoop of ice cream on it? Whipped cream on strawberry shortcake, and ice cream on any warm dessert, like cobbler.

Do you remember fruit cocktail sold in a can with the occasional cherry in it? Of course.

Happy Thursday.

Old 03-14-2024, 06:07 AM

126,299 posts, read 19,083,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
Have you or yours ever made a shadow box, ecology box or display case, [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_case ] and if so, what theme or what types of things were in it? ........No

Do you have military ID tags, also known as dog tags, from anyone's military service, including your own? .....No ID tags

Do you have any music boxes (wind up and play a song) and if so can you describe one? ....... Don't have one

What do you put Cool Whip or whipped cream on or how about something with a scoop of ice cream on it? .......When I have guests over I serve apple strudel with fresh made whipping cream or vanilla ice cream.Also to the King Ludwig apple Torte whipping cream is served.Some desserts are decorated with dollops of whipping cream.

Do you remember fruit cocktail sold in a can with the occasional cherry in it? .......I remember seeing it,but never bought it

Happy Thursday.
Thank you bjh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics