Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2024, 08:28 AM

16,721 posts, read 17,497,102 times

Advertisements

Bonjour from France.

I see no QOTD today, so if I may be so bold, here are a few.

I spent a few days in norhern Spain this week- it's a four hour drive from here in SW France. What was your most recent stay away, or if not, where you would like to go for a few days?

Our beautiful Ukrainian rescue dog, Lina, was so pleased to see us on our return from our short break. Do you have any pets?

Did you watch the Oscars this last week? What is one of your favourite movie winners from the past?

Spring is doing its best to properly begin here, but it's a mixed bag of sun and rain here (maybe that is spring!). What's it doing in your neck of the woods?

Hope you enjoy the questions, and Lina says Hi!

Attachment 249685

Last edited by Jezer; 05-07-2024 at 10:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2024, 08:44 AM

126,395 posts, read 19,151,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Bonjour from France.
..........Bonjour du Canada Jezer

I spent a few days in northern Spain this week- it's a four hour drive from here in SW France. What was your most recent stay away, or if not, where you would like to go for a few days?..........I visited British Columbia

Our beautiful Ukrainian rescue dog, Lina, was so pleased to see us on our return from our short break. Do you have any pets?........Not anymore,but I regularly pet sit my kids dogs and cats

Did you watch the Oscars this last week? What is one of your favourite movie winners from the past?......I didn't watch the Oscars

Spring is doing its best to properly begin here, but it's a mixed bag of sun and rain here (maybe that is spring!). What's it doing in your neck of the woods?.........The birds are chirping and it is slowly warming up.I noticed spring flowers coming up,trees and bushes getting buds

Attachment 249685

Thank you Jezer for filling in!

Old 03-16-2024, 09:20 AM

12,851 posts, read 878,575 times
Bonjour from France.

I spent a few days in northern Spain this week- it's a four hour drive from here in SW France. What was your most recent stay away, or if not, where you would like to go for a few days? Back in time so I can adjust a few things I did/didn't do.

Our beautiful Ukrainian rescue dog, Lina, was so pleased to see us on our return from our short break. Do you have any pets? Not anymore.

Did you watch the Oscars this last week? No. What is one of your favourite movie winners from the past? I don't remember the winners of the past, but I'm sure I liked some of them.

Spring is doing its best to properly begin here, but it's a mixed bag of sun and rain here (maybe that is spring!). What's it doing in your neck of the woods? Right now it's windy and snowing a little bit.

Thanks Jezer. Lina looks like a sweetheart.

Old 03-16-2024, 10:37 AM

24,572 posts, read 26,130,476 times
Bonjour from France.

I spent a few days in norhern Spain this week- it's a four hour drive from here in SW France. What was your most recent stay away, or if not, where you would like to go for a few days?
Been awhile, we need to take a long road trip. Where? Wherever a road beckons.

Our beautiful Ukrainian rescue dog, Lina, was so pleased to see us on our return from our short break. Do you have any pets?
We have a rescued kitten, now Tiger the tabby cat that is all or part bengel. You can see her in my photo album.

Did you watch the Oscars this last week? What is one of your favourite movie winners from the past?
Movie was Avatar: The Way of Water. Award was for Best Achievement in Visual Effects.

Spring is doing its best to properly begin here, but it's a mixed bag of sun and rain here (maybe that is spring!). What's it doing in your neck of the woods?
Our weather has been pretty much like yours. sun, rain and repeat.

Thanx Jezer, any cool andneat places in Spain?

Old 03-16-2024, 12:09 PM

44,410 posts, read 20,150,023 times
Bonjour from France.

I see no QOTD today, so if I may be so bold, here are a few. Thanks for filling in!

I spent a few days in norhern Spain this week- it's a four hour drive from here in SW France. What was your most recent stay away, or if not, where you would like to go for a few days? My most recent stay away was Nov 24 to Dec 6, 2023. I was on a cruise which ended in Panama City, Panama. It was fantastic!

Our beautiful Ukrainian rescue dog, Lina, was so pleased to see us on our return from our short break. Do you have any pets? One kitty, named Bella. I adopted her from some friends in October of 2019, and she was around 8-9 years old at the time. So I guess now she's around 13. She is the most wonderful cat I've ever met. She loves humans and goes up to everyone, even contractors who come to work in my house. She begs everyone to rub her tummy!

Did you watch the Oscars this last week? What is one of your favourite movie winners from the past? I didn't watch.

Spring is doing its best to properly begin here, but it's a mixed bag of sun and rain here (maybe that is spring!). What's it doing in your neck of the woods? A big mix of widely varying temps, from 20+ degrees above normal to 10+ degrees below normal. We've had some storms that were real doozies and some absolutely lovely, sunny days. Right now, it's about 60F and sunny. Tomorrow the expected high is 40 and we may get snow flurries after sunset. Go figure. However, throughout all this weird weather, my spring flowers - mostly crocus, daffodils and snow drops - are blooming like crazy! Tulips are coming up and will start budding in the next week or so, after we've had a few more warm, sunny days. My garden is coming to life!

Hope you enjoy the questions, and Lina says Hi! Thanks very much for filling in, Jez. Happy weekend, everyone! And hi to Lina! She's a beauty.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 03-16-2024, 01:01 PM

1,404 posts, read 634,717 times
Bonjour from France.

### it so happens we were in La Coruña, Northern Spain about 2 weeks ago. Awful weather and came back sick with bronchitis.

### Had a box turtle since ‘64, she passed a couple or so years ago. Recently I saw this clip and wished I would have known about fingerboards, she would have loved it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MadeMeSmile...shell_shocker/

### Only a couple of snippets on YouTube

### Same thing by me.

### Thanks for the Q’s Jezer, your Lina is lovely.

### Good Saturday everyone.

Old 03-16-2024, 02:03 PM

37,819 posts, read 41,132,981 times
Bonjour from France.

I spent a few days in northern Spain this week- it's a four hour drive from here in SW France. What was your most recent stay away, or if not, where you would like to go for a few days?
At the end of next month I'm off to Delaware for 2 weeks in a wildlife refuge. It's actually farther than your trip from France to Spain. I go to get some photos of shore birds during bird migration season since Tennessee is landlocked and to get different songbirds than I see here. Next year I may go to Florida in February for butterflies.

Our beautiful Ukrainian rescue dog, Lina, was so pleased to see us on our return from our short break. Do you have any pets? No pets. Lina is beautiful.

Did you watch the Oscars this last week? No
What is one of your favourite movie winners from the past? I liked The Departed and A Beautiful Mind from the 2000s and from the past The Godfather (1970s), Ben Hur (1959) and Ordinary People (1980s). Finally saw Forrest Gump not too long ago but I'm not a fan of Tom Hanks so I didn't go gaga over it. How could I forget Casablanca?

Spring is doing its best to properly begin here, but it's a mixed bag of sun and rain here (maybe that is spring!). What's it doing in your neck of the woods? The Bradford Pear trees (white flowers) were all in bloom this past week and the rowing teams were practicing. They may have a regatta, tomorrow or today. It's 67 and sunny here, right now.

QOTD Saturday March 16.-ah3.jpg

Old 03-16-2024, 02:15 PM

30,713 posts, read 16,352,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Bonjour from France.

thank you. or should I say merci?

haven't been on one since 1917 when I had to go to Texas to help settle my sister's estate. I'd rather go to Maine.

yup. A mostly black cat named Pest.

I've never watched the Oscars. Haven't seen a lot of movies and don't know if any I've seen have won anything.

a bit warmer than usual actually. was out mulching today. Possibility of snow tomorrow.

Attachment 249685
Lina looks like a sweetie deserving of a belly rub.

Thanks, jezer.

Old 03-16-2024, 02:29 PM

44,693 posts, read 61,850,766 times
Bonjour from France.

I spent a few days in northern Spain this week- it's a four hour drive from here in SW France. What was your most recent stay away, or if not, where you would like to go for a few days? Recent trip was last summer to Minnesota and back. Due to health issues and being a full time caregiver our ventures are extremely limited these days to grocery store, drug store, doctor appointments..

Our beautiful Ukrainian rescue dog, Lina, was so pleased to see us on our return from our short break. Do you have any pets? Just 2 pet rocks, Stoner and Pebbles. They behave quite well.

Did you watch the Oscars this last week? What is one of your favourite movie winners from the past? Have never been interested in those award shows.

Spring is doing its best to properly begin here, but it's a mixed bag of sun and rain here (maybe that is spring!). What's it doing in your neck of the woods? Rain, sunshine, clouds, wind, warm weather, cool weather and a lot of weeds. Nothing unusual.

Hope you enjoy the questions, and Lina says Hi! Jezer.

Old 03-16-2024, 02:58 PM

11,409 posts, read 9,333,788 times
Bonjour from France. - Hello from Baltimore!

I see no QOTD today, so if I may be so bold, here are a few. - Thank you.

I spent a few days in norhern Spain this week- it's a four hour drive from here in SW France. What was your most recent stay away, or if not, where you would like to go for a few days? - Last May, southern Florida to visit my brother.

Our beautiful Ukrainian rescue dog, Lina, was so pleased to see us on our return from our short break. Do you have any pets? - Nope.

Did you watch the Oscars this last week? What is one of your favourite movie winners from the past? - I don't follow Hollywood. I never watched the Oscars.

Spring is doing its best to properly begin here, but it's a mixed bag of sun and rain here (maybe that is spring!). What's it doing in your neck of the woods? - Beautiful day here. Recently got back from running errands which included a stop at the local farmers market. It was very crowded and festive like...

Hope you enjoy the questions, and Lina says Hi! - Hi Lina!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics